InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Kikyou's Defeat ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The gang was camping about a 2 days walk from Keade's village. They were waiting as Kagome cooked the food. Sango and Emiko were discussing weapons (real lady like, huh?). Miroku was meditating, although his eye kept creeping open and staring at Sango. Shippou and Kilala were chasing each other while staying in site of everyone, Huyana was out hunting, and Inuyasha was in a tree resting.

Emiko had got up to go drink from the cool stream that she heard running close by. She was about to take a drink when she spotted someone down wind from her. Since it was nearly impossible to smell someone down wind, Emiko always kept her eyes open that way. She noticed an eel-like creature. It was white and hovered like a ghost. She was about to go and investigate when she saw a person. At first, she thought it was Kagome in a miko kimono. But then common sense hit her and she realized who it was.

"Kikyou..." Emiko growled

"Do I know you?" the deceased miko said coldly.

"Not in this time you don't." Emiko stated with a very Inuyasha smirk.

"Time?" her voice was angry.

"Yea, time, something that you’re running out of." Kikyou seemed to ignore Emiko's last comment.

"That wretched miko copy!" she hissed.

"What was that?" Emiko yelled. She hated Kikyou. Her mother told her the stories of Kikyou as if she was just an old friend. Like Kikyou was a sweet person who deserved the respect of Kagome's because she was Inuyasha's first love. But as Kagome told these stories, Emiko could always see the sadness in her eyes. And when Emiko would ask her father about it, he would just say that she was someone from his past that died a long time ago. Emiko hated seeing her beautiful and proud parents sad, so she grew to hate Kikyou. When Emiko got older, Kagome had told the true story of Kikyou. From what really happened in Inuyasha's hard time trusting, to their love, to Naraku's trick and both of there sealed fates. Then she told of her travels between the times and how Kikyou was resurrected, and of the times she caught Inuyasha promising Kikyou protection. Emiko was angry with her father about the subject, but as she started to fall in love herself, she realized that love is something that just doesn’t go away...

"That Kagome," Kikyou hissed "she brought you here! I knew she was trouble. She is the only one who can travel through time, and already disturbing the balance in doing so. I'll deal with her myself, once and for all." Kikyou's voice was filled with loathing and vengeance. Emiko stepped in front of her.

"Don't you dare touch Kagome you ash tray, or I will personally see to it that you will be cremated again!" Emiko growled. Kikyou only smirked. Emiko growled louder. She knew that hating Kikyou because of the way she is now is wrong, because yet again, Naraku caused this. But come on, she's just being an annoying bitch!

Kikyou turned her back on the angry hanyou, something that she will learn not to do. "Don't worry, she won't feel much"

"Iron Rever Soul Stealer!" Emiko yelled, losing her temper. Instead of slicing through the dark dead miko, she got one of her shinidamachuu (soul collectors). Kikyou stopped her usual slow pace to look at the angry hanyou.

"You do know that it's a bad idea to piss off a miko?" she threatened coolly.

"You do know that it's a bad idea to piss off a hanyou and threaten my mother?"

"Emiko!" Kagome had just appeared on the scene with her bow and arrows. She was alone, and looked more worried than anything else. "Emiko, everyone's getting worried. Where have you-"

"Kka-san, no!" Emiko yelled. Kikyou's shinidamachuu had formed themselves into a bow and arrow. She had knocthed a bow right at Kagome's heart.

"Mama, get the hell out of here!" Emiko yelled exasperatedly.

"Emiko, what are you talking about?" Kagome asked as she walked up to her.

"Kikyou-" Emiko had turned around. Kikyou was no where in site. Emiko sniffed the air, and smelled that Kikyou was upwind, going towards their camp. She turned her head towards the sky to see the shinidamachuu carrying Kikyou through the air. Emiko used her speed to jump to the highest branches of the trees and into the air. "Iron Reaver!" she yelled as she sliced at the group of ghost eels. She hit most of the creatures and sent their passenger plummeting to the ground. Emiko landed on her feet with a thud and her mother caught up to her. Kikyou was standing their ready and waiting.

"You have your precious mother, what more do you require?" She asked very coldly.

"The rest of her soul." Emiko demanded.

"As long as both of us are living, we must share it." Emiko sweatdropped and ran a clawed hand down the side of her face. She sighed and thought being dead must take a toll on your common sense

"Obviously, I don't intend on leaving this clearing without it..." there was a silence, until Emiko growled and said "I'm gunna kill you stupid!" Kikyou chuckled and put on a cold smile.

"You carry the impatience of your father. But tell me, how do you plan to kill what’s already dead?" Emiko shrugged.

"Looks like I'll have to wing it!" She flexed her claws before lunging over Kikyou, planing to kill her silently by breaking her spine, but she had an arrow waiting. Emiko growled, then put on a cocky Inuyasha smirk again. She lunged again, dodging Kikyou’s dark arrow, and grabbed her by the throat, and held her about 8 inches off the ground.

"Kill me, and your father will be disappointed."

"Well, one, no, he wouldn't. And even if he would, then keh, it wouldn’t be the first time. And two, I'm not going to kill you, she is." Emiko turned Kikyou to see Kagome stabbing there with an arrow ready. it was glowing blue, surging with the powers of the priestess causing her raven locks and school girl outfit to fly around with the amount of radiating power.

"She doesn’t have the guts to kill me. She knows that deep down inside, Inuyasha still loves me. He promised to protect me, remember? And what about all those times he abandoned you, when she just smelled my scent in the area? He only loves you because you are nothing but a copy of me Kagome."

"Mama, hello! Don't tell me your falling for that crap! Daddy loves you! Think about it, I'm here! He chose to live a happy life with you and have a child than to spend eternity in hell with her!"

"She's right Kikyou, I'm not you, Inuyasha told me that. And that's what he loves about me. I'm different from you! I have a heart, a soul, and a dog demon that loves me. I hope you do find peace however..." At that, Kagome shot her arrow. Emiko dodged out the way before she could be taken along with the blast. The spot where the body of the fallen dark priestess would be, was just a pile of ashes.

END FLASHBACK

"You killed her? And Kagome too?" Inuyasha said, clearly shocked.

"Yea. Does it matter to you? You’re with Mama now, and you’re happy. Kikyou is in peace now, and Naraku can no longer haunt her. I mean, you haven't even gave her a thought, have you?"

"..."

"Have you?" Emiko said a little more firmly.

"...Now that I think of it, no."

"Exactly." Emiko said satisfied. "You don't need her, she's dead. It's not like you 2 could ever happily be together. That's why she wanted you to go to hell with her, but it wasn't your time yet. And you would have been miserable." There was a pause, before she spoke again, but this time more soft. "I'm sorry Outa, I know you loved her, but that was a long time ago. You couldn't have both, and you couldn't have me if you chose her. Did you really want her to be wandering Earth with no purpose but to take you away from another woman that you love? A woman who you have a future and a child with? The Kikyou that you fell in love with was cremated over 50 years ago. The one that you sworn to protect again, is just the shell of the woman you love. Please don't be mad at Mama, she was only protecting you from the hurt you try to bury."

"Keh...not like I care. Kikyou's at peace not" said the stubborn Hanyou. Emiko smiled. He was a little hurt, yes, but he would get over it.

"What ever you say. I'm going to rest some more." She hopped out of the tree and went back into the hut with Huyana close behind. Inuyasha figured that he would talk to Kagome about Kikyou at a later time. He decided to rest a little more, thinking about what Emiko said. If he had went with Kikyou, no, wait, the shell of Kikyou, he would have been so unhappy. He would have allowed Naraku to live and win this war, something that he can't do. But with Kagome, he had happiness, a future, a child, and grandchildren. He had, a life. It was Kagome who freed him, her kind heart that showed sympathy for Shippou and let him join the group, and that same thing with Sango and Miroku. Kagome stopped his lonesome endless wandering and gave him friends, a life, and most of all, a family. He went to sleep with those thoughts...and with the thoughts of how good ramen tasted when it was still hot!