InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Black Rosary and the Dream ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Emiko!" Kagome called from Inuyasha's back, making him pin down his ears occasionally.

" I knew this wasn’t going to be easy.” Inuyasha smelled Emiko's scent somewhere from above. He stopped, and tried to hear her. He didn't want to look up and scare her off. He set Kagome down and told her to be quiet.

Emiko cursed herself. She knew that Inuyasha could hear her breathing, but she couldn't help it. If she didn't breathe like this then she felt like she was suffocating. She made no move to hide somewhere else. She cursed again for getting herself into this trap. Her parents tried to put on a rosary when she was younger, and she had to wear it until her mom died. Then, when she could take hers off, she got to be able to 'sit' her father. She smiled at all the memories, but frowned quickly as she looked at the branch in front of her. Inuyasha was silently stalking her along the branch like she was prey. Before she could even potion her tired body to jump off, he caught her around the chest and jumped to the ground. He pinned her down, and Emiko growled, to tired to put up a fight.

"Sorry, but it's for your own good." Kagome said softly as she tied the black chocker. It had a large bead in between 2 fangs. "Heel" Kagome said lightly, and Emiko felt a gentle pull to the ground. Inuyasha got off of her and scooped her up bridal style.

"Was she supposed to fall asleep" Kagome asked, looking worried. Inuyasha grunted, but Kagome just walked along side him.

They walked to the village. The sun was setting as they entered Keade's hut. Shippou smiled when Kagome came back.

"What happened to okka-san" Aiko asked.

"She's exhausted. We chased her for about a mile or so." Inuyasha said, putting her down.

"Does the rosary hurt her" Huyana asked Kagome.

"No. It'll just bring her down to the ground much slower than Inuyasha's." Huyana nodded.

"Why were you two going at it like that" Inuyasha asked grumpily as Kagome laid on his shoulder.

"Just having some fun." Huyana shrugged.

"Emiko has a lot of endurance for a hanyou." Sango put in, sitting down next to Miroku. Inuyasha cleared his throat.

"Inuyasha, your pride is just to big to let you lose." Shippou said for them all. He quickly ran behind Kagome after Inuyasha's glare.

Kilala curled up next to Sango who was next to Miroku. Emiko was next to Kagome while Huyana and Inuyasha slept outside. Shippou squeezed in between EMiko and Kagome, while the twins slept together.

As Huyana walked outside to sleep in a tree, his felt uneasy and decided to just sleep in a bush under the illusion of a tiny fox. He stayed awake for quite some time before falling asleep. Sesshomaru watched from his cloud above. His demonic aura and scent was hidden, but his stare still made the fox uneasy. He came here to talk to Emiko originally, and decided to come at night so he wouldn't be bothered by his idiotic half-brother. About 3 years ago, he felt a disturbing powerful dream, but it was vague. He had the dream once a year on the same day, and didn't really understand it until now. He dreamed about the 2 full hanyou twins. The older twin was going to be controlled by Naraku; the younger twin would be sold as a slave because she refused to serve Naraku. Aiko would eventually kill Sesshomaru because she was told to. Naraku would take Emiko and force her as a mate so he can rightfully gain control of the Southwest and Western lands; Inuyasha and Huyana would go crazy with rage, and Huyana would be killed by Emiko. The demons who took Aiko would take the fire cat also, making her kill the demon slayer; and the monk would get his cursed hand injured, sucking him up. The miko that Inuyasha cares about so much would be killed in the effort to get the Shikon no Tama.

Sesshomaru could not let this happen. He knew he could never kill Naraku alone, so he needed the help of Emiko. He wanted to wait until the miko went back to her own time. According to Jaken, after a few days Inuyasha would go after her. That would be his cue. He wasn't sure if the oddly placed family even knew that Naraku was back. His miasma was spotted deep within a forest somewhere in the north. Sesshomaru knew he had to keep the small boy safe, his grandnephew...it was how everything started. He didn't see it, but he knew something bad would happen to the small kitsune and Rin.

The next morning, Inuyasha awoke and began to stretch. He growled at the bright sun coming over the horizon. He was getting hungry for Ramen and Kagome wasn't awake yet. He went inside the hut, making sure all was well. Emiko was next to the twins who were curled up with Shippou and Kilala now. Sango and Kagome were lying next to each other, and Miroku's hand was very close to them. Inuyasha rolled his eyes, and jumped when Huyana landed behind him. He had been scaling the rooftops stealthily, patrolling the area.

"Scared ya." Huyana smirked.

"Keh" They both looked at Emiko who was growling in her sleep. She began to scratch at her neck with her claws, causing it to bleed. Inuyasha went and grabbed her hands while Huyana tried to awaken her.

"Emiko, Emiko, wake up" Emiko's thrashing had become more violent since the restriction of her hands. Huyana then could think of no other way, so he bent down and gave a soft lick to her mark. Emiko grunted and jerked awake.

"What's...going...on" she panted.

"You tell us." Inuyasha said as he cautiously released her. Huyana took a look at Emiko's neck.

"Come on, let's go outside so we don't wake the others. Grab Kagome's back so we can fix your neck." Emiko nodded. Once outside, they washed and dressed Emiko's neck, who protested slightly, claiming it would heal on its own. He ignored his stubborn mate and did it anyway.

"What happened" Inuyasha asked after Huyana practically wrestled Emiko into sitting still.

"I had a dream...But the longer I'm awake, the fuzzier it gets." Emiko confessed.

"Well, what do you remember" Inuyasha asked.

"Um, something bad about the rosary...me being in a castle...miasma...and I'm not sure, but I think I was pregnant."

"Pregnant" Huyana looked at her half shocked half suspious.

"Quit sniffing me Huyana, I'm not pregnant"

"Okay, well miasma means Naraku...and I have dreams about the rosary too." Inuyasha said.

"What about the baby" Huyana asked

"What about it" Emiko said.

"Do you know who's it was"

"It wouldn't be anyone else’s but yours...Quit sniffing me" Emiko growled.

"That doesn’t make any sense. How would Naraku be in your dreams? He's gone. And you can't really dream of the rosary, you've only had it a few hours." Inuyasha acted unusually mature, and ignored the 2 of them.

"You think Naraku's back" Huyana asked him.

"No way! We got him for good...I think. But even if he didn't, why wait so long to come back"

"It's Naraku, who knows what he wants." Huyana said in disgust. "Kagome has the Shikon Jewel. So why bother trying to get it again"

"Kagome? I thought it went back to Kikyou and she moved on." Inuyasha said. Emiko and Huyana sweat dropped anime style.

"Daddy, Kikyou was dead before we killed Naraku." Emiko said

"Huh" Inuyasha asked, doing that cute little confused face that he always does.

"Well..." Emiko began.