InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Sparring Between Friends and Lovers ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko got up, starting to breath a little harder than when they started. Huyana prepared to pin her when she rolled to the side and got up. She twisted and tried to elbow him in stomach. He caught her elbow about an inch before it hit him, and held on tight. He made a punch for her head, when she dipped backwards as if dancing. She turned around gracefully so she was behind him, and then wrapped her free arm around his neck, and she pulled so he was bending over he shoulder. They stayed that way for a second regaining their strength to lift her off the ground and slam him on his back. He hoped he would have slammed her, but Emiko let him go, and used her tail to break her fall. When she pushed Huyana away, he flipped himself over, just like a falling cat would, and landed on all 4s. He jumped up quickly and caught Emiko's foot, and with amazing strength, she swung her foot over, putting Huyana on his side back on the ground. He pulled her to him, pinning her, she flipped them over, but he still had her upper arms in a tight grip.

With Inuyasha and Aiko

"You’re still leaving your left side open" Inuyasha warned his granddaughter as he dodged an attack that was aiming for his gut. Inuyasha lunged at Aiko, but she jumped up just before he hit her and landed in a tree. She wasted no time in slamming down from the tree, landing her feet square on Inuyasha's shoulders. She giggled lightly, and said"Sit boy" When Inuyasha growled, she was sent into a fit of laughter, rolling off of him and letting him get up from his small crater in the ground. Emiko had strong legs, and obviously past them down to Aiko. Inuyasha had a face print in the ground!

With Kagome and Sango

For some time now, Sango has been teaching Kagome not to fight like how everyone else did, but the way of a demon slayer. Sango figured that since Inuyasha would never let Kagome close to battle, and that if Kagome got hurt, she could possibly wipe Emiko's existence, along with Aiko and Kurama’s, and Huyana wouldn't be there either. Sango was teaching Kagome how to shoot fast and accurately so she could shoot from Kilala's back.

"Okay, now shoot" Sango yelled, since Kagome needed to learn to work under pressure. She and Kagome were up in a tree. She was shooting hay piles from long distances with straight sticks so she didn't charge them with her energy and blow it up.

"Good! I swear your getting better with every shot Kagome" Sango praised.

"Thanks Sango." Kagome said, as the 2 hopped out the tree and went to try another angle.

With Shippo and Kilala

The 2 were in the village not to far from Emiko and Huyana (who were still going at it). The 2 were playing. Shippou was in his full fox form and Kilala was also. The 2 were wrestling with each other playfully. But both were starting to get hungry, so they would be heading in soon.

With Miroku and Kurama

Miroku had been meditating on a large rock by a river when Kurama snuck up behind him. He made sure he hides his demonic aura from the monk, before jumping out the tree and yelling "KKYYAAAAAAA" Miroku screamed in shock and fell off the rock and into the cold river. Kurama fell over in a fit of laughter.

"Kurama, why don't you go play with Shippou" Miroku asked in his usual calm tone. Sometimes, Kurama would just get board and go away...sometimes. When he stopped laughing at the soaking monk, Miroku had moved away from the river and into the grass. Kurama used his demonic speed to get Miroku again. He jumped on his back before he could turn around, so Miroku panicked and tried to roll over. In the end, Kurama was still on Miroku's back, stretching out mouth while laughing up a storm. Miroku sweat dropped anime style.

"Kuwama, ef 'ou 'on eh o, I'll uck ou uh in da kaazhna" (Kurama, if you don't let go, I'll suck you up in the kaazana!) Miroku tired his hardest to talk, but his cheeks hurt! He fingered his rosary regardless and Kurama let go and darted off back towards the village. Miroku sighed. "If this is what you are like, then your mother is going to be even worse." And he headed off towards the village.

Back at the village

The entire gang was already arriving at the village. Some slightly dirty but most tired. As the gang arrived, they saw flashes of sliver manes and tails, and a bunch of dust. Apparently, the spar hadn’t ended. It was clear that neither were going to give up. Even demons can't fight all day.

"Emiko, give it a rest! No one is going to win" Kagome shouted uselessly to her. It was clear that she wasn't listening.

"Maybe we should consider a rosary for her." Inuyasha suggested. Kagome shrugged and walked into the hut.

Huyana and Emiko were now staring each other down, looking for an opening. Both were breathing very hard, and were doing the same thing about 5 minutes later. Kagome had come out of Keade’s hut, and it was a small clatter of beads that caught Emiko's attention. She looked at her mother and saw a flash of a black beaded necklace. She really tensed when both Kagome and Inuyasha came towards her. Inuyasha obviously saw her tense and tried to pin her, but she bolted. Huyana made to go after her, but was held back by a golden staff.

"Let them go" Miroku said as Inuyasha set off with Kagome on his back...and the hunt began.