InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Bad Plan ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Huyana and Emiko have now been back about 2 weeks. As Huyana guessed, Inuyasha flipped when he caught on to what was going on.

Flashback

Huyana insisted that he carry Emiko out of the rocky lands of the Southwest after he said goodbye to everyone in the castle. He only managed to get about 3/4's of the way before she demanded to be put down and run on her own. Twice she had to stop to regain her composure; she kept getting nauseous. They met up with Inuyasha who was by the Bone Eater's Well, pretty ticked off, and waiting for Kagome. To make things worse, Emiko was downwind and hid her aura to scare the living hell out of him, and it worked.

"WHAT THE FLYING FUCK WAS THAT FOR!" he demanded after finally letting go of Tetsuiga. Emiko didn't laugh as long as she normally would have, she felt sick.

"Geez Outo, yokata thank goodness I wasn't a youkai. I could have killed you easily." Emiko pointed out as she sat on the lip of the well. Inuyasha grumbled to himself and sat back down with his back to the well.

"How long has Kagome-chan been gone?" Huyana asked casually. It wasn't a good time t tell Inuyasha is he was already angry. Then again, he's always angry.

"She was supposed to be back by noon..." he grumbled. Emiko looked to the sky. She opened her mouth to point out that it was like a minute to noon but decided against it. Her parents were so cute together! Her dad's like a puppy, a big demonic puppy. She giggled to herself as Inuyasha raised his nose to the air. Huyana, who was examining his nails, paid no heed. Emiko looked to the sky and thought about her mom...how much she's like her mom. In her time, her parents are mostly calm...they don't fight, and if they did it was never serious, and her mom would always win. But seeing them now, her dad was so immature, and her mom was a spitfire from Heaven's eternal flame.

Emiko came from her thoughts when she noticed a silver thing at her side and red right behind it. Her ears picked up the sounds of delicate sniffing. She sweat dropped and made a grab for her father's ear. He dodged and began to sniff her again.

"You know, it's odd, but sometimes cute, when dogs do it, but when a grown man does it, that's just creepy." Emiko growled. Huyana turned to see what his mate and father-in-law was talking about only to see Inuyasha's face inches from his. His teeth were bared, a growl was in his throat, and a murderous gleam was in his eye. Huyana smiled nervously and watched as Inuyasha rolled up one sleeve. At that point, Huyana had jumped back away from the hanyou and into the trees. Inuyasha made to follow, and was in mid-air when a loud 'OSUWARI' had came from the well, and took affect on Inuyasha.

Kagome had climbed up the well with Emiko's help just in time to see Inuyasha and leap after Huyana. She 'sat' him and walked over to him.

"What is going on here?" she asked like a mother in need of much rest. Before anyone could say anything, Inuyasha had blurted out:

"That fucking horney ass fox got her pregnant, AGIAN! And at a time like this!" Kagome looked to Emiko for explanation and found that her daughter would not look in her eyes. When she did, she gave a shaky smile.

"What can I say? I'm irresistible!" she shrugged and went to the village. A white blur Kagome knew was Huyana zipped after her in a manner that reminded her of Shippou.

End Flashback

Emiko was now about two weeks pregnant and was reaping the benefits of pregnancy...none. She was stressed. The first few days they were back, it took a minute to get used to Sesshomaru. When she saw him sitting in a tree on the village outskirts, she sliced the tree down and charged her Kwan dao with miko energy. Throwing it like a spear, it went straight through the spot that had once been Sesshomaru. She demanded what he was doing there, and he simply said that he was to help her. Emiko had tried to fight him. The last time she remembered seeing him, she was being raped at the castle that would be her fathers. All she managed was a slash to his shoulder. Before he could counter, Huyana had grabbed and restrained Emiko and Hiraikotsu had landed in the ground between them. Huyana explained Emiko was pregnant and not herself.

When they had gotten back to the hut, they had shared what information they had gathered. Miroku explained that they were going to go to the Southwest, but decided not to since they knew Emiko and Huyana were already heading back.

It took a few hours for them to come up with and agree with a plan. By the end of the night, Sesshomaru seemed pissed (to Emiko anyway) that Rakanu showed such interest in the West. When they came up with the plan, no one yelled, or fought, just had a civilized conversation. That shocked Emiko, and probably Sango and Miroku too. In the end, the plan was simple: Sesshomaru was to send an invitation for Rakanu to come to his home for a celebration or some sort. Sesshomaru planned to change that a bit. Yes, his castle has played host to a few balls and such, but to just invite someone in was not his style. Huyana and Miroku was to go back to his own castle and get his mother out, along with servants and anyone else he wanted to be saved. Sango, Kilala, Inuyasha, Emiko, and Sesshomaru were to stay in the West and destroy him.

First was first, the gang headed to the West and Huyana and Miroku stayed in Keade's village with Shippou. Shippou was to be the signal when Huyana and Miroku left, then he was to go to the West. Once in the West, Emiko seeked out her old room. She found that it was Sesshomaru's second bedroom. She also found that her mother must have been the one to add flare to the castle. Everything was so plain; just white marble and some paintings. Sesshomaru gave them all rooms, and gave Sango a room, with a balcony. "The stench of cat irrates me," he told her, making Kilala hiss a challenge.

The message had been sent, and Shippou came to the castle. He beat Rakanu out of a day. Sesshomaru instructed everyone to be careful. Instead of Kagome and Sango carrying their usual weapons, Sesshomaru supplied Kagome with tiny daggers; one's that she could purify like an arrow. He gave Sango a metal boomerang that was bladed. Sango put her wraps around the ends carefully so the weapon was catch-able, and kept it with her. Emiko was giving twin fans and told to stay with someone. She pouted. It was originally her job to stop Naraku, and she was dam sure to be apart of it. Just incase, she kept daggers of her own strapped to her wrists. They had changed out of their traveling clothes to homey, two-piece kimonos. Sango's was blue with orange patterns, and Kagome's was yellow with red patterns. They made it look as if they were living at the castle.

Sango, Kagome, Emiko, Shippou, Rin, Jaken, and Kilala were sitting in one of the courtyards. Shippou, Rin, and Kilala were playing while Jaken was grumbling something about humans. The girls were talking and laughing; well, pretending to anyway, when they heard the gates open. Lord Rakanu of the Southwest had arrived.

Mika walked down a busy street with her hands in her pockets and her head down. She was thinking. Inuyasha had told her so much about her mother. If Mika could just remember her more! She remembered almost close to nothing except her death. Mika sighed and looked around. She was now leaning against the opening of an alley, making people stare. She growled at one man that was staring to long. He turned quickly and walked away. Mika looked down at her baggy black cargos that hung from her hips and her black shirt that ended about 3 inches below her bra line. It was tight around her torso but her sleeves were big and lose like on a kimono. She had on armbands tied up high enough on her arms so the handles of her sai's couldn't be seen. She walked with ease with her combat boots on. The puddles on the sidewalk signaled rain a little while ago, and the scent in the air indicated more to come.

Mika walked to the Higurashi Shrine. Monks that Mika had no idea, nor care who they were, took care of the place. They were always weary of her, saying that a demon should not be able to come to such a holy place, but she told them to blow it out their ass. She came here every few months to pray for her dead brother and mother, and to wish her trveling father well. But this time, she came to think about her mother. It was said that she was able to travel though time through the well at the Higurashi shrine. Mika wished she could also. The last time she tried, she went to an era similar to her own. Except the shrine looked in much better condition, and there was a strange man who tried to teach a young boy (who was playing with a soccer ball) how to ward off demons with a sutra. That was the only time she traveled back there. Maybe she ought to try again? The twins were at the castle with Sesshomaru, and Rin was still sleep when she left.

"Hell, what do I have to lose?" she muttered to herself. Checking her sai's, and pushing her dead straight silver locks behind her shoulders, she hopped down the well. When she appeared to be settled down, she looked up. The roof was there, but in much better condition. Coming out, she sniffed and found no one there. Checking the sun, it was about 9am, so that kid must be at school, and the mother at work. The old man must be sleeping. Mika tiptoed into the house. 'What the hell do they leave the door unlocked for in a time like this?'

She went through the house to find the sacred power intense in one room. Inside the room, however, she saw that the power was coming from an arrow that had been abandoned under the bed. She examined it slightly, and brought it with her outside. Thinking she ought to get back, she jumped into the well once more and jumped out. But there was something wrong, there was no roof. 'Fakku, where am I?' she thought angrily. Following her nose, she went to a village nearby. She walked into the closet hut to where an old woman was making some potion with a horrendous smell. When the woman turned, she looked at Mika for a second and then jumped. "Emiko?" she asked uncertainly.

"You know my mother old woman?" Mika asked with narrowed eyes. The woman looked at her and asked her if she came from the well. The woman had a strange accent. When Mika nodded, the woman sighed.

"Your mother went to the West, and your father to the SouthWest. I suggest ye go to the West though. They went on a dangerous journey and might need ye. Although, ye granduncle might not be so kind."

"You mean Sesshomaru? Not to worry old woman, I can handle him."

"First off, my name is Keade, so use it." Kaede said flatly. Mika flinched in the woman's drastic change of tone. "Second off," she said a little softer "I've heard of the fate that befalls Sesshomaru in the future. That has not happened yet, and he does not know ye. He is ruthless in the time. I caution ye." Mika stood.

"Thank you Kaede, but I'll be fine." she gave a slight bow in respect and came out of the hut. Many villagers pointed to her and her strange attire. She rolled her eyes and looked at the sun. It was about 2. She could run the distance between the well and the castle in about an hour.

As everyone lined to meet the Lord of the Southwest. They bowed as they were introduced and he bowed in return. Emiko could have sworn that when he went to kiss her hand, he glanced at her stomach. 'Yokata I'm not showing yet' she thought. Emiko turned to Sesshomaru.

"Excuse me for my rudeness uncle, but Sango and I are going for a walk. I'm beginning to feel sick once more, and she agreed to accompany me." She looked into the intelligent eyes of her uncle. But the admiration that she used to feel for him was gone. He had raped her without second thought, and even knocked her so hard she lost her memory. Even now she had trouble with her memory. If she were human, she might have lost it permently, or even died on impact. She wanted to look up to him once more, but all she could see was his angry face and feel him within her. She thanked God for Kigai once more. Had she been a virgin, Sesshomaru would have shattered her.

Sesshomaru's eyebrows came together a fraction for a moment before he nodded. "Do not leave the West Emiko." he said simply before walking away. Emiko walked the other way and beckoned Kagome and Sango to follow.

"Okka, I know you fell those demons out there." Emiko said to Kagome who nodded.

"Why can't I go to?" Kagome asked.

"Because it would look suspicious if the 3 of us went. I'm sick, remember? Besides, demons tend to scream when waves of purifying energy touch them from your arrows. And I don't want the sound to reach hear. What I need you to do is to go tell Outo what's going on. Get him to get Jaken to tell Sesshomaru Inuyasha got a letter from the Southeast or something. Just get Jaken to make it sound important enough to get Oji out of the room. Inuyasha will tell him what's really going on, and Sesshomaru can kill Rakanu. Worst comes to worst, Rakanu gets away, goes to the Southwest where it should be evacuated, and we hit him there. While Sango and I are away Kagome, tell Inuyasha then stay with Inuyasha. At all costs, keep Outo away from the battle. His kaze no kizu isn't the most silent of attacks, and he tends to make a scene." Kagome nodded as Kilala landed. The Bi-Neko youkai had gone to get Hiraikotsu and Emiko's Kwan dao while they were talking. Sango and Emiko hopped on the fire cat and took off as Kagome went back into the castle. Emiko got off Kilala as she landed in the forest and did her Fire Dance attack. It broke the barrier and killed the demons that were in the spot. Charging her fans with miko energy, she threw them. Any demon within 3 feet of the weapon was killed.

Sango and Emiko had been battling for somewhere around 7 minutes went they realized the supply of demons was endless. This was very familiar to Sango. Looking around, she saw him. The tiny worm demon piper was controlling hordes of demons. Throwing the boomerang carefully, she sliced him cleanly across the waist, causing most of the demons to die. They stopped to take a breather and look themselves over. Kilala had a broken nail that was growing back before their very eyes, and Emiko had a scratch on her left cheek that was almost healed. The forest became dead silent...to silent, as more demons came. They raised their weapons once more when an arrow of fire streamed thought the bulk of the demons and landed in a tree, which turned to ashes. Sango turned to see it wasn't an arrow, but a shiny, chrome sai. A demoness raced into the battlefield wielding another sai that was on fire. She jumped, picked up her other sai, and put the tips together with enough to make a tiny X. She muttered a few words and the sai's gleamed. They charged with fire as she threw it like a boomerang. It cut through the last of the demons as she caught it, then snapped them apart easily. Sango was stunned because the girl came from nowhere. Emiko was stunned because the girl looked like her! She had silver hair that went to her knees, golden eyes that looked like they were tinged with orange, fangs, claws, and modern day clothing?

"Who the hell are you?" Emiko said, not caring she sounded slightly rude. The girl looked at her with something close to shock and aw.

"Okka?" Emiko sweat dropped.

"Did you come from the well?" she asked, slightly afraid of the answer.

"Hai." Emiko sighed. 'We've really got to seal that dam thing.'

"What's your name?"

"Mika Higurashi."

"When's your birthday, wait, don't tell me. Why do you look full demon?"

"Because I am."

"Your fathers a fox demon and I'm an inu hanyou. You can't be a full youkai."

"Well get over it, because I am."

"Your a little smart-ass."

"I got it from my mother."

"I wasn't that bad when I was younger."

"Oh please, if I do recall, you came home in a police car quite a few times, and you were in a gang."

"That was a long time ago! And how do you know?" Emiko asked, praying that Sango wouldn't relay the information to Kagome.

"Jii-chan's got to mouth ya know."

"You're pissing me off."

"What are you going to do, ground me?"

"I should. But you need to go back to what ever time you came from, now. You came at a dangerous time."

"As if. Why the hell would I leave you to all the excitement?"

"Because you could get killed, and who knows what damage that will do to the time stream. By the way, how many brothers and sisters do you have?"

"I'm the 9th kid."

"NANI?" Emiko yelled as they walked back to the castle. Mika began to laugh until tears came.

"I'm the third, I was just kidding." Emiko growled and punched Mika on the top of the head. "OW! What gives?"

"Your a smart ass." was all Emiko said. 'Wait, the third.' Emiko put a hand to her stomach. "Then you've got to leave. I'm pregnant with you now. If you stay when you're born, the baby will be wiped from existence and when you'll be gone. Two of you can't be in the same time."

"I know. But I just want to see you."

"I'm not in your time?"

"Your not supposed to know that-"

"Fuck the rules, what happens to me?" Emiko demanded.

"Naraku..."

"He kills me?"
"No, I smell Naraku. He's not dead yet?" Mika asked casually, purposly avoiding Emiko's question. Emiko looked to Sango who nodded.

"You must leave. If Naraku sees you..." Emiko stopped "We've got enough to worry about. LEAVE!" Emiko yelled as Sango mounted Kilala and they ran back to the castle.

Mika wanted to obey her mother...she wanted to do what she said, but she couldn't. Emiko died on a night she was human when Mika was about 10. That's 90 in human years. Mika didn't want to screw up the time stream and make her mother die early, so she took off and went to the well.

Emiko and Sango met up with Sesshomaru in the hall. Emiko grabbed the Lords kimono and dragged him off around a corner.

"Do you know I could have killed you?" Sesshomaru seethed as he ripped his arm from her grasp.

"Now ask me if I care...Did Inuyasha tell you about the demons?" Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed for a moment then he nodded. "We took care of them. Mika said Rakanu is Naraku, so now that's for sure-"

"Who's Mika?" Emiko put a hand on the life in her midriff.

"My little smartass of a daughter."

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" Sesshomaru smirked.

"Blow it out your ass Fluffy-kins." The smirk disappeared.

"You have been calling me some variation of 'Fluffy' ever since we left the village. Pre-tell, just what is so 'fluffy' about me?" Emiko giggled at his annoyed tone, and tugged at the boa around his shoulder.

"What? You thought we thought you kept this just for looks?" Sesshomaru glared at her. "We know it's your tail."

"Sesshomaru-sama, what does Rakanu smell like?" Sango asked in her most calm and serious taiyaji sp voice. Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow at the question.

"The same as the puppet."

"So why didn't you kill him sooner?" Emiko growled at their wasted time.

"Because the real Naraku is still in the Southwest. He doesn't know that we are onto him. If I just kill him, then he'll know and change his location. Hopefully, your mates can find him." Sesshomaru said as he walked back to the Conference room.

"He's not my mate!" Sango yelled, but Sesshomaru gave no acknowledgment. Sango gave an inhuman growl and picked up Hiraikotsu. Emiko grabbed the weapon and calmed her seething friend.

They went and found Inuyasha and Kagome on the other side of the castle. When they opened the door to their room, they say Kagome locked lips with Inuyasha, who was wearing no shirt, and Kagome's robe was open with his hands roaming freely over her body.

"OH THE HORROR!" Emiko yelled and began to rub her eyes. "I'm gunna puke!" Both Inuyasha and Kagome were red for two different reasons. An embarassed Kagome hid behind a fuming Inuyasha.

"LEARN TO FUCKING KNOCK!" Inuyasha yelled, as Kagome got dressed behind him. It was Emiko's turn to fume.

"OH, AND LOOK AT THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK! You nearly ripped off Huyana's head when you found out I was pregnant! Now you're trying to get down Okka's pants! Your such an instigator!"

"That's different, were grown!"

"Dude, your almost 70 and she's not even 20! Tell me how that's grown! If were really getting technical then I should be telling you what to do! I'm, oh, in my 380's! And Huyana's in his 500's. In my time, you two would be down right gross."

"Were not in your time, and I'm in my 20's too!"

"You've been sealed to a tree for 50 years you stupid trash bag!" There was a silence.

"Did you just call him a trash bag?" Kagome asked awkwardly, finally dressed.

"Long story, but it became an insult in my time." Emiko explained as if she hadn't just had a heated argument with her father.

"Oh." Kagome said, still very much confused.

"Look," Emiko said firmly "the Rakanu here, which I now am positive is Naraku, is a puppet. Uncle Sessh thinks that the real Naraku is in the southwest still. If we leave, then we can catch him. But not everyone should leave though, it would look odd."

"Not if we sneak out," Sango offered as she petted Kilala on her shoulder.

"True, but Sesshomaru can't hold him in that room forever. I mean, a congratulations can't last that long." Inuyasha put in as he put on his haroi.

"But all those youkai outside...Naraku might think that we're all dead." Kagome said as she closed the door. Emiko and Sango sat on the bed, while Inuyasha leaned against the wall by the door. Kagome sat on the chair in front of the vanity.

"He would smell it, or at least hear the attack. I bet he's trying to kill Sesshomaru too." Inuyasha said almost as if he didn't care. Emiko sighed. She was getting nervous, really nervous. Something in her gut was twisting her into panic. Something wasn't right.

"Either way, we need to leave. We have to go back to the Southwest. " Emiko's voice was hard and stern. Everyone looked at her in surprise, but she looked at no one and nothing but the floor.

"Emiko-" Kagome began.

"Okka, find Rin and Shippou, then find Sango and Kilala in the northern courtyard and get the hell out of here." Emiko's tone left no room for argument. "I suggest you change into something less restricting than a one piece kimono too." At that, she stood and stormed out the room. Sango, Kagome, and Inuyasha gapped after her. What made her so edgy and serious all the sudden? Inuyasha stood there as Sango ran to her room to change, and Kagome scrambled around to find her school uniform. It was then he realized he wasn't given a part in action.

Inuyasha caught up with Emiko a minute later. She had gone to change back into her black leather vest that laced up in the back, black leather pants that rode low, and knee high combat boots that covered her pants. Her shrunken Kwan dao was on her hip, and the fans she was given were tucked into reachable places in the buckles of her boots. She also had on armbands that had the tiny throwing daggers tucked in so the hilt was reachable unnoticeably. Inuyasha tried to talk some sense into his daughter. She was running so swiftly it appeared she was gliding. She came to a skidding halt in front of one door that reeked of both Sesshomaru and Naraku. Before Inuyasha could even say anything, Emiko slashed the door with her left hand, using something similar to the 'Iron Reaver', and had already taken out one of the fans and opened it. Sesshomaru and Naraku stood just in time to see Emiko cross her right arm over her chest so the fan rested on her left shoulder, and slash deep into Naraku's neck, decapitating him.

There was no blood, nor a scream. Emiko closed the fan and tucked it back into her boot. Sesshomaru looked at Inuyasha who was standing, gapping, at the door to Emiko who looked just about as deadly as he. (This is kind of Inuyasha's POV)

"Fuck this plan Sesshomaru, we are leaving now. If you would like to come, then fine. If not, suit yourself." Emiko turned to leave, but was stopped by a hand wrapping around the nape of her neck.

"How dare you. Didn't I tell you the reason why I didn't kill him in the first place? You need discipline pup-" Sesshomaru was cut off by Emiko back handing him. His eyes flashed red for a moment before he grabbed her throat again but by the front, and pinning her to the wall. Sesshomaru bared his fangs at her before balling his fist and setting it firmly against her stomach. Her instincts to submit to the dominate and to protect her pups should have stopped her struggle...should have.

Emiko's eyes turned crimson and her bared fangs got longer. She grabbed both of Sesshomaru's wrists and forced them away with strength that shocked him before kneeing him in the abdomen, pushing him back onto the floor, sitting on the bruised appendage, grabbing his throat and growling into his face. Sesshomaru was shocked by the turn around in the fight. He made sure to hide it from his face, since his half-brother was standing in the doorway still gapping. Sesshomaru looked into the eyes of his niece. She was pissed, and looked very feral. He mealy touched her stomach and she flipped. He knew about female youkai, especially dog youkai, that will kill in an eye blink for harm to the pups. Emiko would not give in, nor would she let him go until he did. Her claws were beginning to deep deeply into his own flesh, and he could smell the poison that was leaking into her nails. Hesitantly, he released all traces of challenge from his eyes and diverted his face, giving in. She got of him and walked out the room. Sesshomaru stood and gave his brother a hard glare that made him high tail it out of the doorway. Focusing, he healed his neck and made sure his swords were secure before following what was left of his blood family.

Inuyasha stared after Emiko as she practically flew to the northern courtyard. Kilala could be seen in the distance with passengers on her back. He felt a new respect for Emiko, she just made Sesshomaru submit! Then again, he would have done the same if he made the mistake to touch her stomach at a time like this. Emiko was only about a month pregnant, give or take a few days. It would be another 2 weeks before she starts to show. Once she hits 2 months, she would have to be kept from battle at all costs. Inuyasha wondered if it was her maternal instincts that made her so edgy and determined to leave. She just burst into the room and decapitated Naraku, and then won a fight with Sesshomaru. Inuyasha chuckled; the look on his brother's face was priceless.

The edge of the forest came into view, and then before he knew it, he was jumping through trees. Emiko was just in front of him, and then was suddenly gone. He heard a small cry of pain and came to a sudden stop and dropped to the forest floor. In a leap he covered the distance between them to see Emiko on the ground clutching her heart. Tears spilled from her eyes as Inuyasha kneeled down and out a hand on her back.

"Huyana..." she cried weakly. Inuyasha's eyes darkened, they needed to get to the castle, but it would be dark very soon. And both he and Emiko turned human tonight. He growled, threw back his head, and howled.

Sesshomaru, who was flying on his cloud near Kilala, turned his head to the sound, reading it. It was his brother. He didn't bother question how his brother knew something so feral, but turned to announce the calling to the cat demon, who had already stopped. She looked at Sesshomaru with intelligent eyes and flew towards the sound, the passengers on her back confused.

They landed about a mile back to see Inuyasha leaning against a tree with Emiko lying on his chest. Her face was pale and she was breathing heavily. Kagome immediately got off Kilala and reached for her pack. She pulled out her canteen and handed it to Emiko. Emiko refused, turning her head away with a distant look in her eyes.

"We will rest here tonight." Sesshomaru stated as Rin skipped over to him. Emiko looked up at him angrily.

"Who the hell said anything about staying for the night? We need to leave now! Huyana can't wait!" she growled.

"Huyana will be fine, he can handle himself. You are in no condition to continue that pace you have been going at. Do so and you can lose either your life of the life within you." Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes to prove his point. Emiko growled and made to stand at the challenge. Inuyasha grabbed her left wrist and put his other arm around her diaphragm.

"Bastard, what do you have to go and get her all excited for?" Inuyasha growled at his older brother. He turned to his daughter. "Your not going anywhere like this. Huyana's a smart fox, he'll be safe. Besides," he added, his voice quiet "tonight isn't the best night to go picking a fight. The last time you did almost got you raped, and passed out from blood loss." Emiko growled, remembering. She didn't try to struggle anymore, but she was still tense. The pain in her heart was Huyana, she knew it. She got the same pain when Kigai died within the cave that night. She turned her face to the stars and prayed that he wasn't dead. She prayed to her mother and any God that was listening that Huyana was safe and whole, and so was Miroku.

Sango set up the fire pit that night while Shippou got the wood. Sesshomaru patrolled the area, Kagome and Rin went to the river, and Kilala sat in a tree to watch camp. Jaken grumbled and huffed at everyone, who just ignored him, while he sat with a content Ah-Un. Normally, Inuyasha would be watching camp, keeping alert for any signs of danger. But he had the job of keeping Emiko seated and as relaxed as possible; it wasn't turning out to be an easy job. She constantly moved and shifted; whimpered and whined. Inuyasha knew she missed Huyana, and wanted his comfort, but his will just have to do. Every new moon, Huyana would take her to sleep in the trees, just high enough so if danger were to come, then she can't get down and get into trouble. If it was one thing he and the fox agreed to, it was Emiko's protection.

The last of the suns rays died and darkness engulfed the sky. Both hanyou's closed their eyes as senses, teeth, and nails dulled, hair darkened, and ears sunk. Both completely human, Inuyasha felt a rush of tiredness. Restraining Emiko and running like he had all day had tired him more than he thought. And just as he thought, Emiko was more than exhausted from running and struggling. Her body went limp and her head lulled to the side. He checked her pulse to make sure everything was okay, and then put a hand to her stomach. The pups may not have a strong heart beat yet, but they still have an aura. Everything seeming fine, he was just about to close his eyes when Sesshomaru entered the campsite on the other side. He turned his golden eyes to meet the brown ones of Inuyasha.

"Not a fucking word Sesshomaru, I mean it." Inuyasha would have backed up his threat with a growl, but his human lungs couldn't carry out the vibration. Kilala flew from the tree and lie in front of the hanyou's turned human, shielding them from Sesshomaru's view. Sango and Kagome huddled together close by with Shippou between them. Rin had refused the offer to sleep with them to take up her favorite spot: curled in Sesshomaru's tail. Jaken and Ah-Un was close to him. Sesshomaru did not sleep however, he didn't really need sleep. He only dozed off lightly every now and then, giving his body a chance to restore his energy.

He wasn't sure how long it was when the scent of sweat and fear filled the area. Careful not to disturb Rin, the youkai lord stood from his position and saw that the source of the smell was his niece. She had shifted once more about a foot away from Inuyasha from the cover of the large bi-neko. Putting a hand to her forehead, he found that she was hot, and her heartbeat was going at a dangerous pace. Closing his own eyes, he put both hands to her temples and concentrated.

Emiko's Dream

Sesshomaru appeared to be weightless as he watched a battle on a field. A youkai, probably as large as he was in his true form, maybe larger, was fighting another youkai. This youkai was powerful, a wolf demon if he was not mistaken. He had chocolate brown hair and pointed ears. He wore a kimono instead of the furs and amour that a wolf demon was normally seen in. What puzzled Sesshomaru, was that this wolf demon was alone. Where was his pack?

The large youkai had fallen, and the wolf demon, apparently wounded, had left to the East. Following, he found that he must've been invisible. Dream spying was iffy; sometimes he was invisible and soundless, sometimes both, sometimes just one. He followed the demon back to his cave and saw that someone was there. She was sitting deep in the cave by the fire. It was Emiko. She looked shocked when the wolf came in.

"Oh Kami, your hurt!" she remarked as she stood and ushered him to lie on a pile of furs Sesshomaru assumed was the bed. Now that he looked at the demon, he was badly hurt. Sesshomaru had no demonic senses in this world, another thing he hated. The wolf demon had a heavily bleeding shoulder and an impaled stomach. Emiko scurried over to a basin that was for water and got a cloth to clean the wound. "What happened?" she asked rather frantic.

"Youkai...big" the wolf chocked out. It appeared to Sesshomaru that he had a punctured lung. A breeze must have drafted in, because the fire wavered and the clothes on the wolf and Emiko had flapped. Emiko's nose went to the air, and she growled.

"Are you sure you killed it Kigai? I thinks it's coming." Emiko said, still not taking her attention from cleaning his wounds. Kigai grabbed Emiko's wrist and sat up.

"Stay here," he demanded gruffly "I mean it." He made to stand with difficulty. Emiko stood and blocked his way.

"You can't be serious, you'll never last!"

"Emiko, I can't risk losing you-"
"And you think I want to risk you? Think again. You stay, I'll go. I'm not bleeding out of 3 places." she stated as she picked up her Kwan dao.

"I'm only bleeding out of 2." Kigai let her push him back down.

"I know, but I'll make it 3 if you keep arguing with me." she kissed his forehead. "I'll be back, I promise." As she turned to leave, Kigai grabbed her wrist and pulled her back and engulfed her in a deep passionate kiss.

"I'll never forgive you if you die. Your father-"

"I know what my father wants me to do. You just concentrate on getting better, you hear? Don't give up on me." They smiled at each other, but as Emiko finally left, tears leaked down her eyes. Both Kigai and Sesshomaru knew that he wasn't going to make it. Emiko now knew too.

Sesshomaru didn't know how long he sat there, but he didn't need a nose to know that Kigai had drifted away as death claimed him. Emiko came back, holding a wounded shoulder and with blood pouring out her abdomen.

"Kigai?" she went over to him and felt his pulse. Sesshomaru now knew that she knew he was gone. She tore outside, with Sesshomaru following. His own eyes widened at the size of the youkai close up. Sesshomaru could stand in its palm easily. Emiko went straight to the mouth, which was open and filled with blood. Blood splattered on her as she tore every tooth from its mouth. She was covered from head to toe with its blood, and looked on the brink of transformation. Throwing her head back she cried a howl of morn that made him feel as if he had lost someone too. She went back into the cave, covered in blood from both her own body and the beasts, and cured up with the body of her dead lover.

The scene went black for a second before reappearing in what looked like a dungeon. Sesshomaru knew this was dream phasing. Emiko's thoughts and problems were turning themselves into dreams, and coming together. Looking in front of him, Emiko covered in blood once more, the wound in her stomach reopened and bleeding. She put a hand over the wound and watched in horror as her own blood dripped from it.

"No," she whispered "not the pups, not again. Why?..." She then bent over the bloody mess that, from the slender face, hair that was silver under blood, and horrified golden eyes, was Huyana. "NARAKU!" Emiko bellowed, looking completely feral once more. "Where are you you coward! Show yourself, and face your death!"

The scene changed once more. Sesshomaru was following Emiko down the hallway of an elegant castle. She was wearing a black kimono with gray spiders all over it. She walked into a wing of the castle that Sesshomaru assumed was on the way to the bedchambers. Passing one room, Emiko glanced to the open doors. Sesshomaru himself looked inside, and saw something that made him gasp. The heads of Kagome, the kit, Inuyasha, the monk, the slayer, and even himself were mounted on the wall. His own eyes were closed while everyone else's were contorted in pain; both girls in horror. Emiko merely sighed and closed her eyes before closing the doors and walking on, apparently used to the sight.

A sense of rage boiled in Sesshomaru's veins. His niece, the heir to his lands, just saw her kin mounted on the wall, and she just sighs and walks by? Sesshomaru may not like the miko, or the kit or Inuyasha, but that is still his kin. If it came down to it, he would defend them all! The pride of the dog demon within him would allow no other way! And yet, she just walks by? So she allowed this to happen? Why isn't her head mounted on the wall too?

Sesshomaru was ready to exit the dream when curiosity made him follow. Emiko went to the bedchamber that looked like it was her own, and sat on her bed and cried. Sesshomaru growled out of frustration, but something made Emiko look up. That's when Sesshomaru saw it: Emiko was broken. Her eyes, once full of life and fire, were as dull as human nails. There was no fire, not even a spark. Behind him, something came from the shadows. Sesshomaru turned to see the pale figure of Naraku. He had an evil smirk on his face that Sesshomaru would want nothing more to wipe off permanently. Naraku continued to walk, almost through Sesshomaru, to Emiko. She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes but kept her head down.

"Why are you crying?" Naraku said in a neutral voice. Anyone could have passed it for a caring one, but Sesshomaru knew he was mocking her. When Emiko did not answer, the smirk vanished and he grew impatient. Much like Sesshomaru did a few years ago, Naraku backhanded her, sending her flying. Emiko made no move to get up. Sesshomaru's blood boiled even more; he tried to calm himself, it was just a dream.

Naraku went over to her and grabbed a handful of her hair. "Answer me when I speak to you bitch." he snarled. "Your defiance will only bring you pain and me pleasure, and all your family is dead, and that well destroyed. Please, enlighten me on what you get out of defying me?" Emiko was silent once more, before he grew impatient again and threw her to the bed. He was in the middle of tearing off her clothes when she spoke. "What?" Naraku snapped. A sick gleam was in his eyes.

"I said, I'm p-pregnant. Do it, and you'll the abomination you worked so hard for." Emiko added strongly. Naraku smiled, well, smirked. Without covering her exposed flesh, he lay behind him and spooned her body with his. Emiko had a disgusted look on her face, but turned over so her back was to him and traced her pulse on her wrist with her claw. "The abomination you worked so hard for..." she whispered. Sesshomaru wasn't dumb; she wasn't talking about the child within her, but herself. Emiko planned to commit suicide, because Naraku forced her to mate with him. This wasn't a regular dream; it was a glimpse of the future?

Sesshomaru was forced to break the connection by Emiko slapping his hand away.

"What the hell do you think your doing?" she snapped quietly. She stood and sat by the fire.

"You were having a fit in your sleep." Sesshomaru pointed out as he sat by her.

"And that gives you permission to look into my dreams? I don't think so." she huddled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin there.

"I'm guessing that Kigai was someone of your past?" Sesshomaru said boldly. He knew he was pushing his boundaries, but she was human for the moment. She looked at him hard, as if daring him to mock her, then nodded.

"He...was my first and only...and I do mean only. My mom had died, and my dad and I weren't speaking. So I ran away. I met him as just an injured wolf." Emiko said quietly. Sesshomaru nodded. 'So that was from the past.' he thought to himself. "I think the one with Huyana was the present, and the last one was..." Emiko cut herself off. Sesshomaru knew she meant to say future.

"We will defeat Naraku. My head does not belong on a wall." Emiko shook her head slowly.

"Sesshomaru, I'm 1/4 miko. Most of my dreams aren't dreams at all, but glimpses of the future. If Huyana...and Naraku and me...I think I would have to kill myself." Sesshomaru looked sidelong at her. She looked at him with defiance. "What? My mate and family would be dead, and I would be pregnant with his child. You think I want to live with that?"

"But what about your other pups?"

"They are happy in the fu-, where they are." Emiko covered her slip up. "Besides, this family is always growing up motherless. Might as well keep the tradition, right?" Emiko put on a sad smile and stood. Dusting off her butt, she went back over to Kilala and tried to sleep. Sesshomaru went back over to the shivering Rin and pondered what he saw.

The next morning, he awoke slightly before dawn. He stood to see both Inuyasha and Emiko turn back into their hanyou selves, and wake also. It wasn't long before the only ones who were asleep were Rin and Shippou. Sesshomaru guessed that they let the kit sleep in the same way he let Rin. Taking the girl in his arms, he mounted Ah-Un and waited while the miko, slayer, and the kit mounted the giant cat. They took off as Emiko and Inuyasha caught up on foot.

They were about 2 miles away when the terrible feeling in Emiko's gut over took her and caused her to transform. Inuyasha barley registered the silver blur before grabbing a chunk of her tail and climbing onto her back. She didn't seem to notice, and why waste energy. Sango threw them a concerned look as Emiko's power run turned into leaps. The castle came into view in no time, and the scent of blood and death overwhelmed both demons and humans alike. Emiko did not stop to survey the damage. Sesshomaru gave Rin to the miko and ordered Jaken to take Ah-Un. He found Inuyasha and Emiko on their way to what looked like the dungeon, or at least the lower part of the castle, and found Huyana and Miroku on the floor. Emiko nudged Huyana with her nose and Inuyasha checked on Miroku. Both were fine, but the impending doom feeling in Emiko's gut subsided only barley.

With the help of Kilala, they weren't to the hospital wing and were able to heal up the wounds. They waited patiently while the kitsune and monk healed to tell them the story. The feeling came in went inside Emiko. She hadn't transformed back; she didn't even bother to gather the strength to. She only waited, to hear what her mate had to say...