InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Spider Bite ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mika walked in her own time. She was still pondering over her mother. She hadn't seen her since she was just a child; now, 18 in human years, her memory was foggy. She walked back to the western palace, or, to a human's eye, the western Tokyo mansion. Only the eyes of a youkai, a strong youkai, can see through the complicated spells and enchantments and see the palace beyond. She made quick of the 'grand driveway' and sprinted to the door. The built up small, naive girl inside her broke through her 'tough-girl' exterior and came back full blast.

Taking out her key (they only used the precaution to keep out humans) and burst inside the door. Using her nose, she found her grandfather in the dining room clad in baggy jeans and a red shirt, and eating what was probably his 5th bowl of ramen. He looked up alarmed with a handful of noodles hanging from his mouth at Mika. She normally wasn't the one to be excited in public. The last time he saw her this way, she was about 7 in human years (but still looked about 13) and gotten her first motorcycle from someone Inuyasha didn't know. Mika's explanation was that she had gone to a concert and talked to some band called Metallica backstage, told them her birthday was coming, and they sent her a bike. Inuyasha hid the thing since until about 2 years ago; he was worried that his darling granddaughter would do something stupid and do underground racing or something.

"I saw her! She spoke to me! She's pregnant with me! She-" Inuyasha's eyes widened a little and he gulped the noodles dangling from his lips.

"Wait, who are you talking about?" he asked her gently.

"OKKA!" Mika yelled, making Inuyasha wince. "I saw her! She's not showing, but she's pregnant with me." Mika stopped for a second before sitting at the end of the table. When she spoke again her voice was soft. "Jii-chan, if Okka gives birth to me in that time, not this one, then she can't die in this one, right? I mean...she was human when she was killed, and if she..." Inuyasha eyes got soft.

"Mika, I don't really know how things will work out to tell you the truth. Your mother was to go the feudal era, make sure Sango and Miroku aren't killed, and then come back. I guess technically, Naraku isn't dead, so he can still kill those two, so her job isn't done. But she's gotten off track and made a lot of changes. For one, she wasn't supposed to fall in love. And I knew she would be pregnant again because your here. Hopefully that fox can keep it in his pants next time..." Inuyasha muttered the latter. Looking at her confused face, he added awkwardly. "Your mother, like you, is only fertile on the full and new moon. They both know that, so I don't know why they keep...Never mind, it's none of your business."

"Yea, and yours too. Knowing when your daughter is fertile is kind of creepy." Mika stood, smirking. Sesshomaru when came in the room, Kumrama's scruff in his massive jaws and Aiko tugging on his fluffy tail.

"Let him go Fluffy, we were only playing around! You got your stupid thing back so get off!" the tiny kit was yelling as Sesshomaru who looked as though he hardly noticed was now tugging her across the floor. Inuyasha and Mika's eyebrows went up at the same time.

"Sesshomaru, what are you doing?" The huge dog in question dropped Kurama on his butt and bristled like a cat. "Quit acting like you're to good for kids, bastard. They were only playing." Sesshomaru huffed and trotted out the hall.

Huyana had come to around four days after he was discovered. The fist thing he saw was Emiko. As soon as she asked if he was okay about 5 times, she rapped him on the head.

"You ever scare me like that again and you'll wish you were dead." she said in a voice that made him believe it.

Miroku came around about a week after Huyana did. With help from Sango, he was gradually healed. Emiko stubbornly refused to sit and rest. The first few weeks of youkai pregnancy are draining. The pups were feeding off Emiko's energies, another reason why she was told so many times to stay calm. When Huyana had found out that she hadn't really eaten or drinking anything for the time he was unconscious, he let out a snarl that made her ears smash to her head.

"What?" he demanded from the woman cowering on the chair next to him.

"Well, I was so dam worried over you I wasn't really hungry-" she tried to say boldly. She was cut off.

"And what if the pups were killed? What if they killed you and fed off your life source so they could survive?" he snarled, making her lose her bold voice. Emiko looked to the ground, making Huyana lose his impatient air. Reaching over to her despite her protest of reopening his wounds, he took her into his lap and sat up. He cradled her so he covered her as much as possible, surrounding her with warmth.

"Huyana, the wound on your chest might not be completely healed." Emiko protested, struggling. His grip only tightened and his chest vibrated. She stop immediately, he did not like her resisting.

"If I have to be bed ridden until every last scar is gone, then so do you." He put a hand to her stomach. Under the black kimono she recently made, her stomach had swelled slightly. He could feel grumbling of an upset stomach and began to move his hand in small circles. "I'm sorry if I scared you." he mumbled into her hair as she slumped against him. Kagome handed him a cup of soup and he put it under Emiko's nose. Her nose twitched before she turned into him more. Huyana smiled slightly before putting it down and repositioning himself the lean against the head post with Emiko lying on him.

When she awoke, she ate about 4 cups of ramen and then had soup after that. After checking over Huyana, she was finally satisfied enough to let him do things on his own, but under a careful eye. He still had a nasty scar on his back that seemed to not heal. They only waited about 3 more days and Miroku was completely healed. They planned on going back to Keade's village. Going to the kitchens, they restocked their supplies and checked the castle, which was now mostly a mess.

Two months pregnant, and after a confession of love from Miroku to Sango, Emiko began to show. Her stomach swelled rapidly in only a few days. As everyday had gone by, she clung closer to Huyana like a puppy. Her appetite grew a considerable amount to where instead of eating ramen and soup; Huyana went to hunt wild boars for her.

She was three months and two weeks pregnant and still experiencing the joys of pregnancy...none, when it was decided safe enough to get Aiko and Kurama from her time. Emiko was extremely excited to see her first-born children again. She would have jumped for joy if it weren't from the power kicks to the kidney she would get every time she moved to fast. Emiko had to admit, she thought Huyana was more interested in the pups then she was. He constantly touched her growing belly as though they would die if he weren't there. Recently, bursts of intense pains in her abdomen would reduce her to tears. Huyana remembered a tonic that she could take to ease the pains. He explained that it was probably the poison that fox kits were born with in their systems. Three times a day she had to swallow the most disgusting thing she ever tasted, but it kept the pain away, and she swore she was becoming stronger.

The day came that they decided they would go the Emiko's time. This time, Emiko wasn't only brining Huyana, but Kagome. She wanted her mother to see what became of her father; it would be good for the both of them. Together, they jumped in and out the well twice and finally came to the time Emiko called home. Seeing as she was in no condition to drive, she let her mother drive. Emiko had two licenses, on when she is human, the other when she's in half-demon form. She let her mother borrow the one when she's human, and despite the deep blue eyes, it could be passed off. The cheekbones were slightly higher, and the face more mature, but that could be overlooked also. Emiko looked more like Inuyasha's mother that Kagome.

As they were pulling out the driveway, it occurred to Emiko that Kagome did NOT know how to drive a regular car, never mind an up to date Porsche that was hyped up with nitrous and other racing parts. If it weren’t for Emiko's good breaks, Kagome would have hit the sakura tree on the lawn. Emiko had to baby talk Kagome throughout the drive, telling her to only tap the pedal lightly. The entire time, she prayed that her mother did not mess up her car. If it was anything that Emiko loved, it was her motorcycle and her car.

After 25 agonizing minutes, they finally made it to the mansion. The first thing Emiko thought was that they would have her father drive her back to the shrine. Her mother was not getting back behind the wheel of her car. Rapping on the door, Emiko stood in front of her mother, hopping to take her father by surprise. Though Inuyasha could smell her, he probably would believe his delusional. Inuyasha answered the door. He looked immediately at Emiko's belly, and then gave a 'Your-dead-meat' glare to Huyana. The two of them moved out the way, leaving Kagome to be exposed. Inuyasha's jaw dropped the same time hers did.

That night, they were all sitting in the living room. To Emiko and Huyana, the walls were still marble and the floor hardwood. The doors were still arched and the tubs were still hot springs. To Kagome, it was the biggest house she had ever been in. Kurama and Shippou had seen Kagome at the same time and nearly toppled her over if it weren’t for Inuyasha's reflexes. Aiko hugged her father and kissed Emiko's swollen stomach.

"Is it a girl or boy mama?" Aiko asked eagerly. Emiko readjusted herself once more to take the weight off her aching feet and tail and smiled at Aiko.

"Both. I think twins run in your fathers family, because we never had any in mine." Huyana smiled. They were talking more when the door to the living room opened and closed. Standing their, wearing black clothes that clanged to her like second skin, was Mika. She smiled and walked in.

"How are you?" she asked after introductions were made.

"Fine. Although, the two of you have the meanest kicks ever." Mika laughed. "Where is your brother?" Mika glanced at Inuyasha before quickly lying.

"Not here. He's been gone for a while." 'Well it's not completely a lie.'

"Oh. Well, we better get back. Inuyasha will probably be so worried...well that Inuyasha in the past." Kagome explained. She hated tenses.

It was 13 days later that Emiko started to experience the worst pains in her life. Even now, Huyana's tonic was no good. Inuyasha couldn't figure out what it was either, saying he had never experienced anything like it. Tomorrow was her due date, and she was not feeling good. She was tired, hungry, and nervous. Not to mention the frequent bathroom breaks made her even more frustrated.

The next morning, she started to have contractions. They went from an hour, then 30 minuetes, the 20, soon 5, and then her water broke with a scream from her. It was nearly dusk before they started again. She turned human just after she pushed out the second pup, which was declared a girl. They named the girl Mika and the boy Hakudoushi.

Mika looked like Kagome, but she had silver hair and pointed ears. Her eyes were almost orange, and when she opened her eyes after her feed, she stared at the fire. She began to wave her hands at it, and it got bigger and smaller with the motion. But what puzzled Emiko the most, was that Hakudoushi's eyes were red, he had a crescent moon on his head, and his hair was black. Emiko just didn't get it...the night the children were conceived; both Emiko and Huyana had been full-blooded youkai. It would explain why Mika's eyes were gold, but with a tint of red, they were orange. But Hakudoushi...his eyes were straight red, and his hair black. Where did the black come from? Unless it came from Kagome?...

Just about 10 days later, when Emiko and Inuyasha were human, Huyana was complaining about his back. Emiko took a look to see that the scar her had received still had not healed. It grew bigger in front of her very eyes, into the shape of a purple spider. Emiko gasped, horrified. Sango came running with her katana in hand, ready for action. When she saw the spider, she was horrified. Then, with new strength, she yelled, "We have to cut it off before it gets anymore serious! Get back!" Confused, she scooted away from her mate, ad over to her children. Sango raised her sword and brought it down. It bounced off a barrier and sent her flying. Miroku, who had just walked in, caught his wife and began to scream. Ripping off the prayer beads that sealed it, he looked into his palm as the wind void made its entrance back into his life. Naraku had completely separated from Huyana, leaving him panting and sweating on the floor. Sango and Miroku made a move to enter and fight, but Naraku put a barrier around the room. They couldn't get in and neither could Inuyasha, Shippou, Aiko, Kurama, or Kagome. Naraku walked antagonizing slow over to Emiko who tried as hard as she could to put up a fierce face. With a wave of his hand, he sent her flying. Mika began to cry when her mother was tossed, and fire from the pit engulfed her. Emiko screamed, but it looked as thought Mika had put a shield around herself and wasn't burning in front of her mothers eyes. Hakudoushi however, responded to Naraku as if he was someone he saw everyday. He smiled and clapped happily as Naraku picked him up and looked him over.

"I was hoping to get both of you, but it seems you will do fine. I see he responded to the tonic well..." Naraku laughed.

"Tonic...?" Emiko asked. Then she remembered. The tonic Huyana made her. "Huyana, what did you do?"

"Oh, he didn't do it on his own, I was the one who came up with the ingredients for it. My own blood was out into it, and it looks as though he was the only on who responded. That where her firepower’s come in...they are powers from one of the demons from my body. So, technically, Hakudoushi was sired not by Huyana, but myself." Emiko's face contorted in disgust. She glanced over to make sure Mika was okay, before looking back at Naraku.

"Your despicable" she spat. It seemed as though Naraku had teleported over to where Emiko was sitting for he moved so fast. Taking her wrist, he yanked her from her crouched position and held her to his body. His hand ran over her ass and up her back, making Huyana growl and try, and fail, to stand.

"Try not to look so disgusted, well be making many more just like him, even if it kills you." he smirked. Emiko's eyes widened and she struggled against him. Still holding the baby, Naraku caught her neck with his fangs in the exact same spot Huyana's mark resided and bit down hard. Emiko screamed as Naraku over rode Huyanas mark and made her his. Huyana was now on his feet, eyes red, and came at Naraku. The spider demon did not flinch, nor did he take his teeth out of Emiko's neck. He merely let the fox slam into the barrier he made while Emiko lost conciseness. The last thing she remembered was Kagome taking Mika, Shippou, Aiko, and Kurama to her time, and Inuyasha's, Sango's, Miroku's, and Kilala's fury.