InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Will and Army ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko awoke feeling absolutely sick. She thanked God that she didn't have the gag reflex like a human in her hanyou form. Taking deep breaths, she realized where she was without even opening her eyes. The smell of wood polish was fresh, and the undenialable feeling of silk covered her body. She felt at slight peace for a moment before she realized what happened.

She sat up as fast as she could without moving her head too much. Even after that she had to wait a second before the room stopped spinning. She inhaled once more and smelled the scent of old malice, magic, and Naraku. Growling, she forced herself to look around. In the corner she spotted no other than Kagura. The wind witch was leaning against the wall, calmly watching her while she impatiently tapped her chin with her fan. The tapping stopped and Emiko guessed she was going to attempt to speak. She cut her off before she had the chance.

"Bitch," Emiko snarled, her maternal instincts on overdrive "where are my pups? What did Naraku do to them?" Kagura didn't answer. She merely stood and watched the hanyou with hidden weariness. Emiko snarled and lunged at the witch. Emiko was just about to horizontally slash Kagura, but the door burst open. Distracted, Emiko looked from her intended target to the figure in dark, teal blue walking swiftly towards her. The scent that hit her nose was Naraku, but the sight that met her eyes was a blue blur. She growled defensively but backed away at the same time. The last thing she remembered was Naraku's bite, and it wasn't something she wanted to relive. Another scent caught her nose at the last minuete; the scent of her son. She was distracted again and tried to walk forward to the door to investigate. Before she could even get there, a body slammed into hers and pinned her to the wall. She began to struggle but stopped when she felt hot breath on her neck.

"The toxin in your system should impair all of your senses, but from the looks of it, only your sight and hearing is off, thanks to dog demon blood being able to fight most poisons. Kagura was sent in here to watch you. I have heard you are quite the escape artist." Naraku's breath floated like mist on her neck. She dared not move or growl. She wanted so badly to whimper but her pride would not let her. "You will calm yourself before you see your- our- son. I will give you five minutes. Fail to do so in that time, and there will be punishment." Naraku backed away from Emiko. She fell to the floor and realized that her knees had given out a while ago. She put a fist over her rapidly beating heart and looked heatedly at the blur called Naraku. He was on his way to the rectangular light Emiko guessed was the door, and stopped before he was completely gone. "If you haven't noticed, there are binding charms on your body. You cannot leave this castle, or your room, until I say. These spells cannot be cancelled by your miko or demon powers. Fight them, and you will get hurt. And I would not nothing more than to hear you scream." he said. Emiko did not need to have her vision to know that Naraku had a dirty smirk on his face.

She lied on her side in the very spot she was in. She did not want to move. Her dream was coming true...Naraku would kill everyone, break her, and force her to bear his children, which he would use as his own personal army. "Huyana..." she whispered. She remembered the look of absolute rage that had been on his face when Naraku bit her. Emiko assumed that her expression was one of shock and pain. She began to wonder how they got away when she felt wetness on her face. Was Huyana already dead? More tears rolled down her face.

'NO! I WILL NOT BE BROKEN BY NARAKU! I'LL DIE FIRST!' she thought fiercely.

'But what about your kits? Will you continue to let them be used by the one who stole them? The one who poisoned their blood to make them evil? Will you abandon them? Leave them motherless like you were? And how your father was?' said a rather innocent but evil voice in her head.

'Baba Iyazoi did not abandon Outo, she was sick! And mama got sick too! That's different!' she cried desperately inside her head.

'But they still left, didn't they? And what happened to their children? They grew up alone...forgotten in a way, and cold. Sesshomaru is that way, Inuyasha was that way, and so were you...'

'STOP IT!' Emiko froze. It was as if her body shut down. Her vision had come back but she wasn't willing to use it. It was as if she was daydreaming with no picture or thoughts. When she was able to see again, she felt so calm, but yet, at the same time, so angry. She wanted revenge, and as they always say, revenge is best served cold. She refused to be broken, she refused to cry. It was as if the lonely wanderer who had just lost her mate and pups was back. Cold-hearted, not caring about a living being but herself, and pitying herself in private. Except now, it was more like a mission. She was to get her pup and kill Naraku and any of his associates.

Emiko sat up and sat cross-legged on the bed. It was then she noticed the solid silver bracelets with black inscriptions on her wrists, ankles, biceps, and her neck. 'Keh, I can still kick his ass'. She thought. She noticed that she was no longer wearing her traveling cloths, but a soft gray kimono that had deep blue butterflies on it. It was gentle but depressing at the same time. She had just schooled her face emotionless when the door opened once more. In came Naraku and another woman behind him. She had jet-black hair that reached her ankles, and what looked like a purple tiara. She wore layers of purple kimonos and had a rosary around her neck. Emiko had the check the growl in her throat; this woman was holding her son. Stopping a smart distance away from her, Naraku introduced them both.

"Emiko, this is Kaguya. She is the sorceress that made your bindings...Kaguya, this is Emiko, my mate." Emiko's right eye visibly twitched when Naraku said 'mate'. 'It's alright, you'll get him back when you kill him' she thought soothingly. Kaguya bowed her head in respect, and at Naraku’s nod, floated Hakudoushi over to Emiko. Emiko took her son and hugged him close. She noticed something was different about him though, he was heavier than she remembered. "You've been asleep for about a week, making him almost 3 weeks old. Kaguya has fed him an aging tonic." Emiko's eyes snapped up. How dare they try to age her children faster! Naraku ignored the death glare. "In another two weeks, he will look about 4. Demon children grow quickly anyway, so I'm not aging him much. When he is four, he will be sent off to kill your family. That is when we will concentrate on everything else. But for now, I want to have another child in line for more work. I don't expect Hakudoushi to be killed, but I like to have a plan B." Naraku took a step behind Kaguya and put a hand to her abdomen. Kaguyas' face flashed with disgust and annoyance only for a second. "She is carrying another child of mine, who will be aged when he reached 2 weeks. Any questions?"

"Yes, why keep me alive if all you need is her potions and my son?" Emiko said with cool malice. Naraku smiled as if she was a child asking why the sky was blue.

"I plan to make more...until I have an army of demons with powers of the priestess and sorceress. You will bear me more than one child Emiko, whether you are willing or not." With that, Naraku walked from the room, leaving Kaguya and Emiko alone.

"You cannot let him do this." Kaguya hissed angrily, as if it was all Emiko's fault.

"I don't plan on it." Emiko growled. Taking a glance at Kaguyas neck she saw two purple puncture marks. Emiko guessed she had been poisoned when Naraku bit her too.

"You will need my assistance-"

"No." Emiko cut her off. "My friends will come, my mate, my family. We just need to sit tight and not let him break us." Emiko was no coward, and had she been here on her own, she would have escaped by now. But the life of her son was far more important than her own. Kaguya however, was impatient. Reaching in her robe (Emiko tensed slightly) she pulled out a small, gold-rimmed mirror, whispered some words, and put it to Emiko's face.

In it, showed Emiko. Just like her dream she was lying with Naraku, her stomach swollen and his arms around her. Her eyes showed that her soul was shattered into pieces, but showed hope as she traced the pulse on her wrist with her claw.

Emiko looked at Kaguya with a raised eyebrow. The moon sorceress growled impatiently.

"This is the future! He is not only doing this for petty revenge hanyou, but for his own gain! Your children hold a harmonic power of light and dark, youkai and miko, making them resistant to the temptation of both sides. But by poisoning them slowly with evil, like he already has done, he tips the balance and makes them a powerful evil. Your son may look innocent, but on the inside, he is a raging beast. As soon as Naraku commands it, the child will bath his hands in blood and become unstoppable. Kagura, you, and I are the ones who are condemned to the fate on giving birth to these monsters, his army. He must be stopped before Hakudoushi can kill your kin, or else Naraku will win, and then it'll all be over." Kaguya and Emiko stared at each other for a little bit before she swiftly walked to the door. Emiko noticed that there was a slight bulge under her robes.

Emiko was not stupid; she knew the sorceress was right. She could sense the power radiating from her aura. Naraku's evil magic plus the neutral powers of a sorceress would equal massive evil. But how Naraku obtained such a powerful woman that so clearly despises him was beyond her. Emiko did not smell any sign of pregnancy from Kagura either. Maybe the witch wasn't pregnant yet. Emiko suppressed a growl that was yearning to pour from her lips. Naraku knew what he was doing this time. She was binded and he knew she was 1/4 miko. There was no way that she would leave without her son either...She looked to her sleeping son in her arms and then up to the ceiling. 'Oh Mama,' she thought, referring to her deceased mother in the future, 'what do I do?'

When Huyana had attacked Naraku, the spider hanyou had merely deflected him like an insect. In a cloud of miasma that Inuyasha had to pull Huyana from jumping into, they disappeared. They had no clue where. There was not one signal lead to where Naraku went this time. And with no jewel shards in his possession, he couldn't be tracked. Not that they could track him even if he did. Inuyasha had made Kagome stay in her time with Shippou, Aiko, Kurama, and Mika. Inuyasha had told her not to come back despite the fact that her arrow would probably be needed to help kill Naraku. Taking Kaede was out of the question, and Kikyou was dead. Inuyasha prayed that Miroku's spiritual powers could be projected as much as Kagome's could. The monk was good with a staff, be he had never seen Miroku put his powers in anything other than some sutras and scrolls, and he wasn't exactly that great with a bow.

A week after Emiko was kidnapped, they left the village. They made it their duty to first repair the damage that had been done (it would have been what Kagome would have wanted anyway). Huyana busied himself with sniffing and searching the area. Everyday he came back empty handed.

It was early morning when the smell of sakura flowers and rose petals drifted thought the air. They waited only a second before Mika came into view. She wore black cargos that hugged her thighs and hips and had a silver chain that went in the belt loops on her right side but hung from her left. She had a black, v-neck, sleeveless shirt that hugged her torso down to her waist, and plain black, elbow length arm-warmers and her trademark sai's in the pockets of her cargos. Her silver hair was in a high ponytail and her orange eyes were almost shining with the black eye shadow that contrasted her eyes. Black Nikes adorned her feet (they are the best running shoes, and they make your feet look small!) and a black ribbon chocker was on her neck.

Huyana exited the hut to see a strangely dressed girl walking towards them. She almost looked, smelled, and even dressed like Emiko. And to add even more confusion, she came from the well. Huyana was already stressed at the kidnapping of his son and mate, and he was taking any chance he could get to get her back. Right now, this strange, 16 year old looking girl was his only clue.

"State your name." he demanded coldly, appearing in front of her. The girl was more startled than he could say. She gasped loudly and made a high kick for his head. He ducked and made a swipe for her abdomen. She back flipped gracefully and landed on the top of the hut next to them in a crouched position just like Emiko would: her feet touching each other with the tips of her right hand fingers in the tiny gap in between her big toes with her left arm extended out for balance. The space she took up had to be about 5 inches. With her back straight and the sun behind her, she looked like a predator. If he were anyone else, and not so stressed, he would have been backing away slowly. She narrowed her eyes in a calculating, angry, but yet emotionless stare that reminded him of the one he had developed with is first mate was killed. Instead of the cool, civil answer he had excepted from someone with that kind of control, she sounded just like Emiko would if she was just a little bit more like Inuyasha.

"Oi! What the fucks your deal old man?" Huyana's right eye twitched. If it was one thing he hated, it was when people called him old.

"State your name pup, this area is protected." The girl narrowed her eyes at him in an even more reading expression.

"My full name? Kitsunenomesu...but people call me Kit." Huyana raised an eyebrow, Vixen? He was sure that that was just a nickname that she made for herself.

"Why were you at the well? Did Naraku send you?" Huyana was surprised when the kijo (demoness) looked angry and offended by his question.

"I do not work Naraku. I am a friend of Emikos‘, sent by Inuyasha to help her. Where is she, and who are you?" Kit stood from her crouch and jumped to the ground with ease. She walked defiantly yet confidently to about 20 feet to Huyana before stopping. Huyana knew the girl was lying. It was a good lie, but not good enough. He was a fox demon; no one could pull a trick over his eyes. Maybe she was truly Emiko's sister or something?

"Huyana, Emiko's mate. Emiko not here, we are going to look for her.

Inuyasha was not happy that Huyana had brought some strange girl to travel with them, but she did smell like Emiko a lot. Huyana had told him his thoughts of her relation to Emiko, and Inuyasha shrugged. He wouldn't mind having two girls by Kagome; hell he wouldn't mind having 100 girls by Kagome.

Mika wasn't the happiest person in the world that she had to lie to her fathers face. But he swung at her! Not to mention he scared her to death! Mika had known that Emiko was in danger a while ago. It just took her a lot of courage to finally come down the well and help. She didn't know what would've happened if both she and her baby self were in the same era, but she took the chance. Come to find out, all of the children were in her grandmother’s time, and wouldn't be coming back until Inuyasha said, so she was grateful.

When they left the village, they were going to the West. From what she heard from the demon slayer, they had no clue as to where Emiko or Hakudoushi was. Mika wasn't really expecting to find her brother, she knew his fate. On the other hand, they had been traveling about a week before they got to the Western castle. They kept getting lost and taking wrong turns, delaying their arrival. Mika was just trying to hurry and get to someplace where she could get away from the monk. Mika and Sango always walked behind Inuyasha, who had the lead with Huyana. Kilala rode on Sango's shoulder, and Miroku walked closely behind them. Even though she knew the slayer and the monk were married, she felt so awkward around him. Her body was tense as if she was expecting him to stab her with something at any moment. Sango sensed the tension the night they were resting, the last night they had before they came to the West. The two of them were in the hot springs together, bathing and allowing all the sores to be steamed away. Mika was busy rubbing her head on a rock behind her, trying to get that troublesome spot just about 2 inches above her ear, when Sango spoke.

"Do you not like Miroku?" Mika stopped scratching to look into Sango's eyes. It was almost as if she was hurt, or jealous.

"I feel weird around him...I can't completely trust him. Maybe it's because he's a houshi and I'm a youkai...but I feel like any second he's going to do something...he's so cheesy."

"So what?" Mika sweat dropped. She forgot what time she was in.

"So...fake." Sango seemed to lighten up a bit.

"Oh, you mean that stupid grin?" Mika nodded "He used to be a lecher before I married him. He used to ask every woman he met to bear his child."

"I suppose you broke that habit of his?" Mika asked with a grin. Sango could have sworn for a second Mika was a fox youkai with that glint in her eyes.

"Yes. I don't know if he still has those urges. He used to claim his hand is cursed to caress the woman body, but he won't do it. I think he sticks to human women- no offense- but they tend to not be so strong..." Mika chuckled. The girls dried off and Sango combed Mika's silver locks as the demoness applied her makeup in the water reflection. They both dressed and went back to camp.

It had been a week. Naraku had kept his word; Hakudoushi looked about two. He was even starting to speak as well as any child, but he still held that childish slur. Emiko tried so hard to ignore Naraku as he tried to hold her or kiss her in attempts to seduce her, but she wouldn't submit to it. Three nights ago, she had tried an attempt to escape with her son; a foolish decision. The silver rings on her wrists, neck, biceps, and ankles burned her as she neared the steps down from the castle. She ignored her pain and pushed. The burning had continued and soon became unbearable and shocked her. The black energy had left her breathless and the places where the shackles were had been burned badly. Naraku had came seconds later to find Emiko on the ground panting. He had ordered Kaguya to take Hakudoushi away for the night and dragged Emiko back to her room. There, he beat her, and even touched her. But he told her that he wanted to save her for the right time, so he did not rape her. Emiko sighed at the memory, why does everyone settle on rape in these times?

For a while now, Naraku had been unusually friendly to her. Like she said, trying to seduce her. She would never fall for it; she would never submit to him, ever. Not for what he has done to all those people. She would not yield to his sick ways. She could feel Naraku's taint pocking and prodding at her soul, trying to make her give in and accept. She ignored it for the sake of her son. She had to keep him from Naraku. But during the morning and until afternoon, she was locked in her room with meals brought to her. What Naraku did to the boy then, she'll never know. And it wasn't like the boy would tell her either. She wasn't even sure if he recognized her as a mother. It seemed as though the years taken from him by the potion he had been fed was taking all the bonding time they would need to know each other, away. It was as though all he knew was Naraku, and it was driving her crazy and killing her at the same time, not that she would let Naraku know that anyway.

Emiko was starting to wonder what was taking Huyana and the others so long to get here. Was Naraku really that hard to track when he didn't want to be found? Kaguya was getting impatient at Emiko's antics. Even thought the sorceress wanted Emiko to just kill Naraku, she explained that that wasn't easy with the bindings and that her mate and family were coming. Kaguya also explained that the shackles couldn't be removed without Naraku knowing. If Kaguya were to take them off, Naraku would surely find some way to torture her without harming the cargo inside of her. Emiko felt disgusting. They were nothing but tools to Naraku, toys even, just to get pleasure while insuring he would win the war in the end. She couldn't wait until the day she could see Naraku's head hanging from someone's claws, preferably her own.

It had been another 5 days when Naraku started to get edgy about Emiko spending time with (it felt to Emiko like) the shell of her son. Instead of letting them spend afternoons together in the gardens alone, he would sit in on their sessions. Hakudoushi would usually look to Naraku for some kind of guidance, as if he had never known Emiko before. Emiko would feel her heart break when he would look at her as a stranger. And as soon as he would seem to relax around her, Naraku claimed their time was up and take him away. Emiko tired so hard to stay strong for herself. Somewhere, deep down, she knew that her son was never there. She knew that he was dead before he even got to live. She gave birth to a mini Naraku that was all.

Kaguya had begun to grow large in mere days. Emiko did not ask why or how. She knew that she had 2 weeks after the child was born to come up with some kind of plan. If Kaguya already had one, she didn't let Emiko know. Kagura was still not giving any scent of pregnancy. But, then again, she was a wind demon. She was capable of altering that somehow.

Emiko was on her balcony...she could feel the warmth from the shackles already. She doubted that it would be another few feet and she would be electrocuted. Naraku had positioned himself along a mountain base, just a few miles outside a village. From the amount of foxes she could smell in the area, she figured that they were still in the southwest. She was starting to worry more and more about Hakudoushi. If Naraku was confident enough that he didn't even move from the same land as the Inu-tachi, then he was on the offensive side. Were they looking for her? She wished she could tell them to stay away. She lost so much, just to gain more, and then lose it all again. It was as if the fates themselves were against every decision she made. Like the gods were up there laughing at her...making their own soap opera with her life; there was just a sick twist to it. She sighed and rubbed her arms. Leave it to Naraku to have a castle in one of the hottest lands in Japan, but make the castle so unconsciously cold. A shiver ran down her spine. Something told her to turn around, but she just realized something...she was supposed to turn full demon tonight. The sun hadn't completly died, but still, how was she supposed to fit? It's like putting a sleigh horse inside of an average bedroom full of furniture.

"Shit," she cursed. She knew no one in the castle, not well anyway. She would be wild again...feral. She would kill everyone with an exception of her son. Then again, something kept telling her that her son was dead. She turned to go back into her room but slammed into a hard chest. She didn't need her eyes nor nose to tell who it was. Looking up, she bored into the crimson eyes of the man she hated more than anyone. Her face was hard and her eyes shined with defiance as she ignored his bare chest, and looked heatedly into his face. Making sure her voice was in the right pitch, she spoke calmly. "Naraku, I need to get out tonight. Unless you want everyone in this castle slaughtered." Naraku said nothing. He only looked at her in his cool, evil expression. Emiko thought he was going to say no...but like she would care. She spoke the truth. Everyone would be slaughtered. He managed to get the upper hand last time by using that posin, but that was over 2 years ago. She knew he had to rebuild his body every month with new demons, and that particular demon is only native in China.

He surprised her by taking a step forward. Waiting a moment, he took 2 more. She did not move, he would not break her will. They were now so close to each other, that if he even leaned forward, they would touch. Now being up close, Emiko could see the lust within the crimson depths. She took a step back. Yes, it was a sort of submission, but she knew he was going to try and use her own stubbornness to get to her. Emiko's waist was now touching the railing. Naraku smirked before stepping forward again, pressing their bodies against each other. Emiko raised her hand to strike him, but he caught it. Before she could even twitch her other hand, he had caught it and pinned it to the railing. He dipped his head down to her neck and nuzzled it.

"Naraku," she commanded, her voice strong "I need to leave the castle tonight. I turn wild tonight, and locking me in a room will only enrage me more." When he did not change his actions, Emiko growled. She was rewarded by a sharp nip on the neck that made her breath catch.

"I know what happens to you on the full moon. You are not going anywhere. Those bracelets will prevent you from even changing. You cannot fool me Emiko. I suppose Hakudoushi told you? That's why you need to go out?" Emiko's eyes widened slightly. Naraku's face surfaced from her neck and looked to her face.

"Hakudoushi told me nothing." she stated truthfully. Naraku suddenly kissed her. She tried to move her hands and twist her head to get him off but she was pressed against the railing. He was dominating her. He nipped her bottom lip, making her gasp, and took over her mouth. If he went any deeper, he would be able to taste what she ate for lunch. Just as soon as it started, it ended, and Naraku walked away.

"We are leaving tonight. I will escort you personally. It's time for you to see who your son really is." he said without turning around. He closed the door.

Mika sighed. So, this was what her uncle looked like when he was human. Ofcorse Mika was forbidden to tell him, but it didn't save to shock.

Flashback

They had arrived at the Western castle. Apparently, Sesshomaru had been forewarned that they would be coming. Upon seeing Mika, the demon lord had narrowed his eyes in question. Maybe it was the fact that, in return, Mika's mouth dropped. If she didn't sound like a sicko, she would have exclaimed that her uncle was HOT! Sesshomaru did not let his guard down (does he ever?) while around Mika. He always glanced over his shoulder, as if she was a pup bound to take off. Mika was thinking along the same lines. These people obviously didn't know she was Emiko's daughter except for Sango, who was good at keeping secrets. Mika stuck close to the slayer, remembering Kaede’s words of caution about the demon lord in this form.

Twice they encountered a lower level demon. The first one tried to sneak up from behind them and kill Miroku, who was to busy trying to watch Sango's hips then pay any heed. Sesshomaru stopped and turned over his shoulder. "Monk." he called out. The man in question looked up at him before turning gracefully with his staff and slicing the demon ghost at the waist. The second time, they were walking through a pass close to mount Fuji. The place was known for it's lower level demons trying to steal the souls of innocent people, so they can move closer to the riches within the mountain. Mika sensed one that had been stalking them for the last mile. Without Kagome, they didn't stop to take as frequent breaks as they normally would have. They stopped once to eat and rest during the day.

Growling, Mika took out one of her chrome sai's and it immediately sparked with flames. Sesshomaru looked over his shoulder just as it passed over Huyana's head and into the demon currently hiding his aura in a low tree branch. The group stopped as Mika stalked over to her weapon imbedded in the tree and ripped it out.

"Fucking bloodsucker..." she grumbled as she tucked her weapon away and walked on, fully expecting everyone to follow. Mika inwardly smirked at the expression on Sesshomaru face. It really didn't change, but when you grow up reading the expressions on an emotionless dog, you tend to pick up on the tiniest signs.

End Flashback

They were now nearing the castle of the Southwest. Huyana walked in first. Servants were still putting last touches on rebuilding and redecorating things that were ruined in the fight that took place. They all bowed to Huyana and Sesshomaru in turn, and then the company they had. Huyana put them in rooms for while so they could rest while he and Sesshomaru spoke to his mother. Ofcorse, Mika didn't stay in her room. She quickly followed her father and great-uncle to the thrown room and waited outside. Carefully, she concealed her scent and aura, praying that it would be enough.

"Mother, how are you?" she heard her father ask. Mika could smell the woman's despair.

"I'm doing alright, thank you. Lord Sesshomaru, how are you?" came the smooth voice of the kitsune grandmother Mika loved so much. It was the voice of a confident woman who could handle herself well.

"I am well my lady. I am deeply sorry for what has happened." Mika supposed Sesshomaru could feel slightly sorry sometimes.

"Thank you. I have men looking for Rakanu now."

"Naraku, mother. His name is Naraku. We are looking for him to kill him. He took Emiko, and Hakudoushi." There was a gasp and a pause.

"Not your son Hakudoushi? Emiko? Oh my...Huyana, is there anything I can do?"
"No mother, just stay safe. Emiko would never forgive me if anything were to happen to you and I wouldn’t forgive myself either." There was strange sound, almost like a sympathetic purr.

"Stop beating yourself up Huyana, please. You know how strong Naraku is. He will not give up easily."

"Mother, Naraku will not get away this time. He's caused too much in our lands. I will find him and bring you his head for father, and everyone else, I promise." If it weren’t her kin in there, Mika would have called Huyana a mama's boy. Hearing footsteps, she took off around the corner and jumped up to the ceiling. She sat on the beams quietly, shifting slightly so her shadow wouldn't cast on the floor.

The night wind suddenly blew hard. With a quick sniff, she growled. Naraku was coming.