InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Devotion ❯ The Tie in the Invitation ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
is a little bit short this time, sorry. I think i was bit distracted while writing this, but it might turn out to be pretty good. You'll just have to tell me when you review. I brought back InuYasha and the rest of them, but the appearance should be more profound next chapter.

Oh yeah, and as a side note, I was browsing deviant art and i thought to myself, it would be cool if I had some fanart for my story. Unfortunately, I can't draw too well
: P. So, any drawings would be much appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tie in The Invitation
Lunch was interesting. There was a strange tension in the air so thick and palpable that it clogged one’s lungs. Heron and Rin ate impassively as the men beside them discussed the changes this would cause in the decisions made in the council by Caspian. Actually, Takachi did most of the talking while Sesshoumaru added comments here and there. That’s where the tension began.

Sesshoumaru was obviously still upset about his mate being used as bait. Any vain attempts Takachi made at conversation were only a façade to keep the subject away from discussing Rin. Heron and Rin shared knowing looks over their food as they listened. Takachi was going to have to get himself out of this one, which he eventually did at a price. To repay Sesshoumaru for this Takachi would have to ally for any battles raised against Sesshoumaru.

That concluded lunch. After the shock had worn off, Rin actually got quite excited about being a mother.

“Oh, I can’t believe it! I’m going to be a mother!” she squealed in their room.

Sesshoumaru glanced at her from the corner of his eye before she jumped on the bed beside him and wrapped her arms around his torso. “What should we name it?”

“…Saikouichi, for in time he will surpass me.” She smiled. The name meant supreme. It was nice to know he had such high expectations already. She was proud to be his mate.

“And if it’s a girl?”

“…Kyouran. Her beauty and power will be unmatched.”

“I like those names,” she whispered before kissing him heatedly. Resting her head on his chest, she asked, “Can we have a small party to celebrate?”

“…Do as you like.”

“Thank you, Sesshoumaru…Um, when are we leaving?”

“Before the night is over.” Right now, he just wanted to relish in being alone with her and in the quiet. But, to his dismay, she moved to get up and he stopped her by snaking his arm around her waist.

“Sesshoumaru, I have to write the invitations so I can send them before we leave,” she laughed.

“Later…” he ordered nuzzling into her neck, earning a sigh of contentment.

She hugged him gently, “Sesshoumaru…just five minutes? Please?”

He could deny her nothing, and so released her while giving her a look meaning if she took longer than that, he would come and get her personally. She giggled and jumped out of bed.
The corners of his lips raised in a strange sensation at the way her hand guided the brush along the paper and the way her eyebrows knitted together in thought. She was finishing the last character on the second piece of paper when she heard a small growl behind her. Leaving it to dry, she took her place in bed again.

They lied there contentedly for a while before Sesshoumaru got up and Rin did the same. Sesshoumaru put his armor on and slid the swords back in his obi as Rin rolled up the letters and tied them, meeting each other at the door. She took her sword from Sesshoumaru’s outstretched hand thankfully and put it in her obi as well.

They met Heron and Takachi on their way out, bowing and thanking them for their hospitality.

“Oh, Takachi, would you do me a favor?”

“Anything for you, Lady Rin.”

“I need these to be delivered to Lady Souten of Laimei Valley and the Priestess Kagome of InuYasha’s Forest.”

“Of course, and I wish you safe passage.”

Rin ran to catch up with Sesshoumaru and waved back.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------

̶ 0;Shippo you pervert! Get back here!” screamed Souten.

“Oh, come on! After I sneak out to see you, this is how you repay me?” he asked, jumping over her lightning bolt with practiced ease. Really, she was just so stacked! It wasn’t his fault if he couldn’t keep his hands off her. He used Kirara at least once a week to go to Laimei Valley to talk to her or help with a task to return the valley to its former glory. At least this time he had a good excuse for coming.

“Gotcha!” she yelled as she jumped on him, knocking him down. Before he hit the ground, he twisted over so that his back collided with the ground instead of his face. His arms reacted and clutched her to him.

She laughed when he hit the ground and kissed him eagerly.

“Did you miss me?”

“Ugh! Shippo, you are so conceited.”
He laughed as he helped her up. “I brought something for you,” he told her as they walked back to Kirara.

She was speechless when she saw it. He had told the truth when he promised to fix it. The Thunder Pike was resting next to the sleeping cat demon. She ran the small distance to pick it up and inspect it closely. There was a thin line where it had broken, so not as good as the Shikon Jewel shard, but a good job nonetheless.

“Thank you.”

“Not so fast. I think that you owe me something in return.”

“You’re the one who broke it!”

“Just listen. If I let you have that, there’s a good chance that the next time I visit you, you’ll shoot that instead of those little bolts you were firing off earlier. Now, as a man who doesn’t want to die, I think it would be in my best interest if you would seriously consider being my mate.”

Did she hear him correctly? “Shippo…we’ve barely known each other for half a year.”

“I know, but…when I’m not around you, you’re all I think about. I have to sneak out every week because I have to see you. I-I’m in love with you. I wouldn’t ask you if I wasn’t sure.”

She felt the same way, but she had never told someone she loved him or her in her life. He was waiting for her to say the same. He would always wait for her, but she knew he needed to hear it just as much as she did. “I-I’m…in love…with you too.”

He would have kissed her then, but they both heard the quick beating of wings and soon they saw a phoenix demon.

“Lady Souten?”

“Yes. I am she.”

“A letter from the Lady Rin,” he said presenting the letter to her.

“You must have flown far to deliver this. I can offer you a room for the night…”

“Thank you for your hospitality, but I must decline.”

“Give your Lord my thanks.”

“What’s that?” Shippo asked.

“Something from Rin.” She untied it and read through it quickly while keeping a curious fox demon at bay. Then she began chuckling lightly. “Well that took long enough.”

“What?”

“Shippo,” she growled playfully before kissing him on the cheek, “You have to go now. I need to prepare for a trip.”

“Where are you going?”

“How about I tell you when I get back?” She asked as she held the Thunder Pike out in playful warning.

“Answer me, will you be my mate?”

Her face turned a color close to her eyes. He could see it even in the dark. "Yes," she said with a shaky voice, putting her index finger in the corner of her mouth.

"Every day of our lives together, I will prove to you that your decision was right," he promised with her hands in his. He kissed her and flew off. She watched him go, pondering over his vow and etching his touch into the depths of her memory.

---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------

Shi ppo had left a little bit later than he was supposed to and it was almost dawn when he returned to the village. He touched down and gathered the smaller Kirara into his arms. That was cutting it close.

“And just where have you been?” asked an unexpected voice, sending shivers down his spine.

“Kagome…uh…what, um…brings you out so early?”

“Oh, I just woke up to get an invitation to go to the Western Lands. Then I noticed that you were missing. So, where were you?”

He knew it was only a matter of time before his cover was blown. InuYasha knew already, but preferred to act like he knew nothing. “I went to give Souten the Pike.”

“And what about the week before that?” He blushed bright red. No surprise that Kagome had squeezed something out of InuYasha.

“…um…Souten.”

“Oh h. Well, in that case, I won’t tell Sango you took Kirara without permission. But, since you’re awake, you will need to pack. All of us were invited.” She smiled that deceptive smile of hers.

“Thank you?” he asked hesitantly.

“And as punishment, you need to tell me everything about you two.”

“Alright, I'll deal.” He wasn’t happy about the blackmail, but Souten had said yes and that alone was enough to keep all upsetting notions from bothering him. He might even see her in the near future.

---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: favorite part to write of that was when Souten jumped Shippo. I thought that was cute. Hope you liked it. If you reviewed up until now and have a Yahoo Messenger, pm me with it.