InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Devotion ❯ Only Lonely for a Moment ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
those of you who think this is going to be a happy ending already, think again! I just don't work that way homies. Besides, a story should lead a reader on a roller coaster of emotions.

I also want to thank Renevatio.

------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

< /i>
Only Lonely for a Moment

Sesshoumaru forced himself to open his eyes and gently slip his arms out from around his mate. Her brow creased in silent protest, but the frown dissolved when he smoothed it with a kiss. He really didn’t want to leave and given any other circumstances nothing could tear him away from her. However, he needed to know what was happening to his beautiful Rin. Of course, the prospect of a bunch of squealing unmannered women roaming through his halls wasn’t begging him to stay.

Her eyelids fluttered open before Sesshoumaru realized he had been unconsciously stroking her cheek. Rin smiled lovingly at him and stretched away the stiffness of sleep.

“Sesshoumaru?” This was the way they usually woke up together. This being the first night back from the council and all of that excitement, she was glad to see that things had returned back to normal. Or so she had thought.

“I will be leaving for no more than a week.”

Rin sat up, obviously upset. This was to be their first time (willingly) apart. “Where are you going, koi?”

“To someone who can give me information about your transformation.”

Her place was by his side and always would be, but something in his eyes told her she could not go. It was because she was to be a mother and needed to stay safe and keep the baby safe. She began subconsciously wringing her hands and biting her bottom lip in frustration.

“Rin…” if she was not to accompany her mate then she had a duty to the household in his absence. Sesshoumaru looked at her in all seriousness. He would not have her friends running a muck for him to come home and clean up after.

She looked up into his amber eyes, ceasing the wringing of her hands and biting of her lip. Her eyes rolled before she had time to think what she was doing and she giggled before answering. He was just too funny when he acted serious. And yes, with her at least, seriousness was a ploy after she had seen the passion he was capable of and showed her.

“I will make sure that everything stays in order here,” she told him. “You’ll be back no later than a week right?” She cupped her left hand to his cheek and with her right, scratched him behind the ear.

He groaned in pleasure, pulling away. Rin looked beautiful with her chocolate eyes flecking green and a coy smile playing across her delicate features. She knew just how to get to him as only a wife does her husband.

So she was going to make this even harder for him, was she? Two could play that game, he thought to himself as he ran his tongue teasingly over his mating mark.

“Mmm,” she moaned softly. The demon in him roared with pleasure at the sound. Too late, he realized no matter what he did, this was a losing game. She already had his inner demon roaring to life, demanding more time with her.

So, he could stay or go. Either way… In the end, duty made up him mind. He pulled away and stood to his full height above her, demonstrating his supposed dominance of the situation.

“One week,” was all he said before he turned away from her playfully smiling face and walked out.

Rin chucked lightly at her antics while rolling down the blankets, yawning on the way to her closet. She looked through the wide array of extravagantly decorative robes and kimonos Sesshoumaru ordered be made for her. She smiled contentedly as she ran her fingers over the embroidered silk. All of this was too much. Besides, she hardly ever wore any of these unless there were guests of prestige residing in their home for a visit. All Rin needed was Sesshoumaru, but knew it made him feel better if she was denied nothing, and so did not protest.

She pushed them aside to her favorite and the one she always wore. It was as plain as would be found on her: black silk. An embroidered white dog with ruby red eyes and the insignia of the Western Lands dominated the back. Her insignia.

Tying it closed, she walked out to begin another day as The Lady Rin.

------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

“ ;Hmm…No, that won’t work,” Souten mumbled to herself, sitting back on her heels.

“Koryyu, what should I bring her?” she asked the rather large grayish mist floating behind her. Souten was in her storage room looking through old baby clothes and accessories. She had readied herself for the trip before she had turned to the dilemma of gift picking. Let’s just say it wasn’t a specialty of hers. All she knew was she wanted to give her friend something special and unique.

“Don’t ask me.”

“Koryyu!” she snapped at him.

“Alright, alright. I think that you should make a painting or something. Shippo seems to think you’re artistic”

She growled audibly, even for human ears. Koryyu had been dancing around him all day. She usually told him about Shippo to make small talk; however, this time when he asked, all she could do was blush red from embarrassment. Telling her slightly annoying lifelong friend that she had just gotten a mating proposal from the man she had been besotted with for years, and that she had accepted, was not on her list of small talk.

“Korryu…”

“Uh…yes? 221;

“Do. Not. Mention it again. Understand?”

“Yes, Souten.”

“Good. Now, as for your idea…I don’t have enough time to finish it before I arrive, but it will have to do.”

She stood to go to her room. Since Shippo had begun encouraging her artwork, with simple things like colored pencils and pens, she had made a corner of her room into a small studio. Fang marks covered the end of her black colored pencil. She unconsciously picked it up and started biting on it again in deep thought.

A blanket would do more good to a baby than a painting. She could design it and have it made somewhere. She would do it herself, but Souten had made herself into a warrior, despite how fate dealt her features that could earn the attention of any man. She didn’t know anything about sewing; drawing and strategizing were her specialties.

So, she would draw the design of a blanket for the baby. It needs to represent all three of them, she thought. Souten coughed. In her opinion, Sesshoumaru would never be good enough for Rin with his stoic nature. Then again, Rin would never be good enough for Sesshoumaru because of her humanity. And yet, they were perfect for each other because of that. They came together like the Chinese yin and yang.

Souten traced the symbol in the center of the paper. This will represent the baby. Sesshoumaru is as cold as the night bathed in moonlight and Rin is like a field of wildflowers.

A pale crescent bathed the field of wildflowers below it in moonlight. She colored the picture in lightly, giving the scene an ethereal look.

“It’s perfect,” she whispered. Souten had really outdone herself this time. Now, she would send this design to the silkworm demons. She opened her mouth wide and stuck out her tongue in disgust. The silkworm demons were excellent when dealing with cloth. They could weave, embroider, knit…pretty much anything you wanted done they could do. However, they were not the most attractive of demons and it was very expensive to acquire their hand for garments.

Money was not a problem. Her empire had once been great and her family left her great wealth even given that raiders had stolen some of it. It was just the way they looked and smelled. Let’s just say it wasn’t…pleasant. Despite that, she held them in the utmost regard.

Souten wrapped up the paper, thankful that it was not at all like wet and runny ink. She called to Korryu. It was not until after they had lifted into the air that she addressed him.

“Koryyu.”

“Yes, Souten?”

“We’re making a detour for the Silkworm demon nest.”

----------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter, I know, but it would have taken a lot longer without making this one to act as a filler of sorts. So, review. Especially media miner peeps