InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Life With You ❯ My Promise to you ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3
My Promise To You
 
 
Inuyasha made his way back to the village as the early morning approached. He noticed a familiar sent in the air, `Kagome'. Walking into the hut Inuyasha noticed that young girl was not in her sleeping bag. Worried he turned and walked out to find her.
 
“She wouldn't have left to go back home with our her bag nor with out telling me.”
 
With his noise to the wind he closed his eyes to concentrate on the girl and her war bouts. In the wind he smelt such sweet smells, the pin from the forest, the wild flowers from the meadows. Then he smelt it the sweet smell of her that smelt like sugar and fresh blooming flowers. Only one person could have a smell like that and he darted off towards the hillside over looking the lake.
 
On the hill sat a girl, with long raven hair with her arms wrapped around her knees to help keep her warm from the cool breeze off the lake, she gazed out over the land. `Where is Inuyasha? I hoped that he would have been back by now. I miss him.' Kagome had been sitting there for awhile know hoping that she would be brought out of her thoughts by the yelling of her dog eared friend, telling her how stupid she was for going off by herself and how if there would have been any danger how she would be helpless against it. But by now she stared to loose hope in her friend. `I guess I better start heading back to the village.'
 
Rising to her feet, she stretched her arms and yond. “Oh well I guess I better get back.” Kagome turned her body and started to walk back the to village when her sight was overwhelmed with red. She looked up to see a pair of amber orbs looking right back at her. In the eyes she saw relief.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“Why the hell are you out here alone wench? What would have happen if something happen to you?”
 
Kagome smiled a small smile, `Just what I thought you would say' she thought to herself.
 
“I'm sorry Inuyasha, I couldn't sleep, I was worried about you, I'm sorry.”
 
Inuyasha just stood there with his face turning a slight shade of red. `She was worried about me?”
 
“Keh, you should know better then to do that, I'm stronger then any puny human or yuriki.”
 
Kagome smiled at his rebuttal. `He'll never change.'
 
“I know Inuyasha, but that still wont stop me from worrying about you, so just get over it.” Kagome grinned and patted him on the head.
 
“Hey, quit patting me like I'm a dog!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, oh Inuyasha, I'm glad that your home.”
 
Inuyasha just turned his body and folded his arms across his chest; there was no way in hell that he was going to let her see him turning bright red.
 
“So where did you go? You were gone for a long time?” Kagome asked sheepishly.
 
She knew that he went somewhere alone so witch meant that it was very important to him, and it was unlikely that he would tell her where that place was, depending on the height of secrecy that was. She knew it had nothing to do with Kikyou because she would have been able to tell it he went to see her. He would have guilt in his eyes.
 
“No where really I just went to visit my mothers grave. I try to go there at least once a year on the day of her death.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened she never thought that Inuyasha would have told her such a privet thing. She knew that he was capable of doing gestures like that when it came to his mother or people important to him from his past, she just didn't think that he would fess up to it. He usually says it is none of our business and brushed it off.
 
“Oh really, how fare is it from hear?”
 
Inuyasha didn't know what to think, should he tell her or should be his normal jerky self and not confide in his friend. It wasn't like it was a complete stranger asking him this, it was Kagome, the one person that trusted him for him and she is the only person that he fully trusted as well. Before he met Kagome he never trusted anyone, besides his own mother. He didn't even really trust Kikyou. He didn't know how but Kagome had just walked right into his hear with out even knowing it.
 
“She's about half days journey from here towards the Ox-n-Tiger. Her grave over looks a lake.
 
“I would very much like to meet her one day. Would you take me there someday?”
 
Inuyasha looked at her, she was gazing over the lake now. “You would want to?” he asked her with shock in his voice.
 
The girl turned her head, and smiled at the man before her. “Of course I would, what girl would want to meet the mother of the most strongest honyo that ever lived?” She giggled at her own statement wile a very embarrassed honyo turned an even deeper red then before.
 
“But I would like to meet her one day. Promise me that you will take me there.”
 
Inuyasha looked at the girl that stood before him, this girl that some how changed his heart with out even knowing it. This girl that turned her world upside down just to be with him, this girl that has excepted him for him. How could he ever refuse a her.
 
“Sure, I promise.”
 
Kagome smiled at her honyo. Inuyasha looked at her the smiling girl. `how can just one simple promise make her so happy, make her smile like that? That smile that no matter what makes all my sorrows fade away. How dose she do it?'
 
“Come on, we better be getting back the others will be worried.” She suggested.
 
The girl was a little disappointed that she had to go back, she loved it when they where alone like that. He let his guard down when they where. But with a smile on her face she started to walk back to the village right beside him.
 
Walking back to the village Kagome noticed that Inuyasha was walking father close to her. Every so often there hands would brush against each other's. `Is it just me or is he acting differently? I will have to ask Sango about it later.'
 
InuYasha noticed that Kagome was blushing every time there hands would touch. `Soon I will tell her, Once Naraku is defeat, or maybe sooner, but I will not break my promise that I made to my mother. What kind of son would I be of I broke a promise that I had made to my mother?'
 
Walking into the village, it was still dark and hard to see. Kagome was grateful that Inuyasha had such a sensitive nose. But to her surprise he stopped at the tree where they had first met. The same tree that held his prisoner for fifty years.
 
“What is it, is there something wrong?” Kagome asked.
 
Inuyasha looked up into the tree with great thought.
 
“You know, I never realized how lucky I was to be pined to this tree, kind of odd I know, I used to hate this tree and the memories it reminded me of. But know I thank it, for all the memories it has given me now.”
 
“Kagome just looked at him with shock, and confusion.
 
“What are you talking about? Did a bolder drop on your head or something? You are acting weird.”
 
Inuyasha sighed and turn towards the confused girl that stood before him. “Don't worry about it, I will tell you once I have settled a few things.”
 
Kagome just looked at him. `What on earth is he talking about? “After I have settled a few things” what is that supposed to mean? Oh goodness I am tired.'
 
“Inuyasha you are confusing me what are you talking about?” But all he did was shake his head.
 
“Fine but I am going to bed because you are making me tired by listening to your riddles.” With that said she started to walk to the hut.
 
Inuyasha watched as she walked in front of him. `Kagome, I promise you one day soon I will tell you, and then both our minds will be at rest.'