InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Life With You ❯ Questing Answerd ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Sorry about the delay, but for some reason this chapter was really hard for me to write. The next couple chapters should be up soon. Any way please review. Hope you enjoy this chapter.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter 2
Questions Answered
 
~*~
 
Walking into the hut, Kagome was greeted with warm smiles.
 
“Child, ye have returned. I hope that ye's visit went well?” The old Miko asked the starving young girl.
 
“Oh yeah, it was, I have finished my tests and I shouldn't have to go back for a while.” Kagome explained to the old woman.
 
“That is good to hear and I am sure that Inuyasha will be very happy to hear that as well.”
 
Kagome looked around, and noticed that Inuyasha was nowhere to be found. Then she realized that she had not seen him since she had return and he usually always meets her either at the well or on the way to the village.
 
“Kaede, where is Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.
 
“I do not, know child, he left this morning and has not returned all day, and I figured that he left to fetch ye.” Kaede told the somewhat worried miko.
 
“He is probably off to see if he could find anything about Naraku and see if he can pick up any sign of him.” Miroku interrupted while walking into the hut with Sango, whose cheeks where flushed. “Welcome back, Kagome, we were wondering when you would be returning.”
 
“Yeah, I just finished my tests today so like I was telling the others I don't have to go back to my time for a while.”
 
They all sat around the campfire and talked, waiting for their other friend to join them.
 
~ *~
 
A few miles away, Inuyasha was sitting in a tree thinking about his life and the people in it.
 
`What am I going to do? We are so close in completing our quest, and when it is over what will happen then? Will she leave me?' InuYasha's heart skipped a beat when he thought of it. It felt like his heart was going to stop. He felt sweat being formed upon his brow. `Before she came here all I wanted was to get the jewel so I could become a full demon. So my heart wouldn't be swayed to love and avoid the pain of it. Now I don't have any desire to become a demon but to protect her. If I don't tell her she'll leave and everything just goes back to the way it was. Alone, hated, hunted.'
 
Inuyasha put his head down, thinking back on those days of fear, those days of hiding and not trusting. He cringed at the thought of his life before Kagome.
 
`But if I do tell her, and …she does feel…the same way…but when the jewel is purified, …the well could close forever and take her with it, then what am I supposed to do!? Or it would trap her here forever. She'd be stuck with me, never to see her family again, and if she ever regretted…But…if I don't tell her it is enough to just be near her, to see her smiling face everyday, to hear her laugh? What if she finds someone else? I'd hate it but I could live with it, I think, as long as she was happy.'
 
Inuyasha put his hand over his heart; the pain of the thoughts of Kagome and her leaving was almost too much. This pain, was pain he had never felt before, it was like his heart was being twisted and pulled. And every time the words “leave forever” would cross his mind, the pain would double and make him wish that his heart would stop beating if that would stop the pain.
 
`But…if she loved me, and wanted to stay with me…could I protect her from the pain? The hatred for hanyou is so great, to ask her to be mine…to take on that disgrace, that shameful damnation on to herself…It's too much to ask. But if she really did love me like I…Would it hurt her to be away? She told me once that she would never leave me, that she would rather be with me than to be alone. She's happy by my side…She's accepted in the village, they have accepted me…We would be happy here. Together. It was good enough for my mother just to be with my old man. And to have me. Kagome would be fine with me…'
 
The pain in his heart lifted a bit at the thought of Kagome and him being together, but his head started to ache from the argument that he was having with his heart.
 
`Damn it! Why is this so hard? I need advice, a woman to be Kagome for me…I cant tell Sango, because she would go tell Kagome and she cant even decide what she is going to do with that henti of hers anyway. Kaede is just to old, she wouldn't be any help. Gods, I wish that my mother could just answer one question…' With that last thought, Inuyasha closed his eyes and fell asleep.
 
 
“What? Where am I? This mist is so heavy that I can barely see.” In the distance he saw a figure, a woman, with long ebony hair and a sweet smile. Inuyasha stared at the figure and as it got closer he saw who it was.
 
“Mother?”
 
His mother walked up to him and smiled.
 
“Mother, what are you. Don't tell me I am dead?!”
 
His mother smiled.
 
“No, my son, you are not dead. You still have a very long way to go before you are faced with death. This is a dream, your dream, and I am here to help like you asked. Now what is troubling you?”
 
 
~*~
Inuyasha was in disbelief. `Could this really be her, my Mother, who died hundreds of years ago?' Inuyasha gazed into her eyes and saw guilt and sadness, but she still smiled. When she was alive his mother would have the same look, her eyes would be filled with sorrow and ach, but she would still be smiling.
 
“Don't worry my son, this is a dream and besides even if you thought it was a trick all you would have to do is wake up.” His mother said, her voice was sweet and kind. She understood his reasons for being a little skeptical, and he had every right to be. With all the he has gone through, being alone all this time, being hunted just because of what he was. She couldn't blame him for doubting.
 
Inuyasha thought about her words, she had to be telling the truth. No other woman in the world could have that same gaze as she did.
 
“Mother is it really you?” Inuyasha asked with hope coloring his voice.
 
His Mother smiled at the question in his question. “Yes my dear it is me, now tell me what is troubling you?”
 
Inuyasha looked at his mother wondering how to ask her this question. He had always wanted to know the answer but never had the chance to ask it when she was live. “Mother, how did you know that father was the one for you? I mean what did he do to convince you to be with him?”
 
InuYasha's mother looked at her boy, who know was a man and smiled. “Your father was like no other man that I had ever met. Sit down my son I will tell you the story of your father and me.
 
 
~*~
 
 
 
 
 
 
“It was when I was a child when I first met your father. I was playing in the wood that was behind my family's estate. I loved playing there; it was so quiet and, green. The trees acted like a shelter for me. A shelter, where I could be me and didn't have to act proper, like I had to do when I was in the man house. It was a summer's day; the sun was hot and bright. Not one cloud was in the sky. In the middle of the woods there was a small clearing where flowers grew. I would often go there and pick the white daisies and make flower crowns out of them. But on this day, the woods was silent not one chirp of a bird, or the sounds of animals walking over the fallen leaves. Sitting in the middle of the clearing I felt a presence come behind me. I would often see deer walking through so I didn't think anything of it. Until I turned and saw a man, a man with long white hair that flowed down his back witch grazed the forest floor. His face had two purple strips on the each side. Behind him was a cape of white fur. His eyes were full of wisdom and age. Like he had been hundreds of years old.
 
My eyes froze on him, for a moment I felt scared, but then the feeling left. I still to this day don't understand why. I stood on my feet, turned towards him with the flowers still in my hand. I felt an over whelming power around me. He then turned and left, as quietly and swiftly just as he came. For years I thought back on the day. Remembering the way he looked and the power that surrounded the area. I would find myself going back there to see if I would ever see him again, but years passed and I never saw him, until one day of my 16th year.
 
Inuyasha looked at his mother, not knowing what to say, he wanted to ask so many questions but let her continue her story.
 
On this day I wanted to be alone, my mother was wanting me move into this lord's castle and become him wife. I didn't want to be married to a man that I had never met, but to my father all he wanted was peace, and if that meant to give his only daughter away then he would. Walking into the clearing I felt a feeling that I had not felt in years. There in the middle of a bed of flowers was the man, the man that I saw so many years ago and wanted to see again. He looked at me for a moment, and I at him. When he looked at me I felt his power and strength. He turned to walk away, I had to stop him and talk to him.
 
Flash Back
 
“Wait…Please don't go.”
 
The tall man stopped with out turning back to her.
 
“What is it that you want?” His words were stern and fearless. In his voice she could hear the power that also projected off of his being.
 
“Do you remember me? I was the little girl that was sitting in this same field so many years ago?” She hopped that he would remember. Then it hit her. It had been at least seven years since that last time that she had saw him, and he had looked the same. There was no aging in his face, his skin still as perfected as the day she first saw him. `But how could that be?'
 
Slowly turning to show is face to her.
 
“Yes, your sent is the same from the last time, even though your appearance has changed I still know who you are.” His eyes never lingered from hers.
 
`My sent…? What dose he mean by sent?' She looked at him more closely now; she noticed that he had pointed ears, long fingernails and fangs. `He is a demon.'
 
“My sent, what do you mean by my sent. I can tell by your appearance that you are a demon, but what kind?”
 
The great demon looked at her…'what should I do, should I kill her? It would be easy to do… but her sent, it is so calming.'
 
“I am a dog demon.” He didn't say anything more.
 
The girl smiled at him. She didn't run in fear but sat in the bed of flowers looked up at the man that she should have been afraid of, but wasn't. For a few long moments there was silence, neither of them turned their gazes from each other. She started to feel a little uneasy. `He is so beautiful, and yet so very strong. His voice stern and bold, and yet in his eyes I can see loneliness and sorrow. Like he has lost something close to him.'
 
“Have you lost something? You look like you are looking for something that is very important to you, something that you had protected with your heart? I ask because your eyes look sad.” After the words have left her mouth she was ashamed. Here she is asking a man that she had only seen twice in her life and hasn't talked to.
 
The demon was stun he had never seen this woman in his life and here she could read him like an open book. `How dose she know?'
 
“There is nothing that I have lost. I have nothing to loose in life. A demons life is nothing but survival and power. The more power you have the more you are likely to survive. This is how I have been able to live as long as I have.”
 
The girl turned away in shame. She didn't mean to insult him but she felt sorry for him. She didn't know why but she did.
 
“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, it's just I find it hard to believe that a living being can live with out wanting to live for something or someone. It has been in my experience that a life has no purpose if that life has nothing to protect. You have nothing that you want to protect or anyone for that matter?” She asked with her eyes turned away from his gaze.
 
The Dog Demon looked at her with shock. He wasn't sure what to say. Sense he had lost his past mate to his son's birth 600 years ago there hasn't been much for him to protect. Sense that time he had lost the wile to protect and live for himself. He turned to walk away from the girl. To go back to what he was looking for, but not even him knew what that was.
 
“Wait, before you go what is your name?” She wanted to know the demons name that had hunted her memories for so many years.
 
He turned his head to the side so that only one side of his face showed.
 
“My name is Inutaisho.”
 
“I don't know that we will ever meet again, but I'm Izayoi.”
 
 
~ End Of Flash Back~
 
“With that said I watch him leave hoping deep in my heart that I would see him again, even though I knew that chances where slim. There was something about him that drew me too him. I had pity for him and I didn't know why. After he left I picked a flower and made a wish that one day soon I would see him again”
 
Inuyasha looked at his mother in awe. `I never knew that she would be so open, with her past.' Inuyasha looked at his mother with eager eyes, urging her to continue her story. His mother smiled at her son's eager eyes knowing that he wanted to proceed on with her story.
 
“A week went by after my encounter with your father. That whole week I was replying the conversation that we had in my head. Thinking back on how his eyes were full of so much sorrow and pain. For some reason I wanted to find him and comfort him, to let him know that it would be all right. By this time my mother and father were planning on sending me to live with Setsunano Takemaru, and eventually become his wife.”
 
The sound of that name made Inuyasha growl, this man tried to kill his mother and tried to kill Kagome. After a moment of growling, InuYasha's mother put her hand on his, and smiled. The soft touch of her skin calmed him as he looked into her eyes, he saw remorse, she had never intended on him ever finding out about Takemaru and what he had done to her. After a moment she continued on with her story.
 
“I was angry, I wanted to marry for love not for peace. So I ran to the same clearing and cried. I cried for so long. Then I felt it the presence that I had felt before and enjoyed. I turned and saw him. I turned my head in shame not wanting him to see how upset I was or how weak I was. Then I felt him over me, I slowly turned my head and looked up, my eyes found his and I saw something that I never would have thought to see. Concern.
 
 
 
 
 
~Flash Back~
 
“ Why do you cry?” He asked the frail woman that cowered before him.
 
She looked down to the grown in shame, she wasn't sure if she was hearing him right. `Is he having concern for me? The Great Dog Demon is showing a human concern.'
 
“I'm sorry I shouldn't show such weakness in front of you. I do not mean to offend you. Please forgive me.”
 
The great demon looked at her, she was shaking with shame and fear. She was strong that he could tell. He could see that she had strong instincts and feeling towards life. He was amazed at her manner though, even though she was hurting deeply from a pain in her heart she still tried to hide her weakness in front of him. He slowly walked towards her; he stopped just above her and knelt down beside her.
 
“Don't be afraid, cry if you want to.” With that said, the heart broken girl eyes tear up and she wept. She wept not only for her pain, but also for all the woman that had to feel the same pain that she is going through. “ I am sorry my Lord I should not trouble you with my troubles. Have you come here for something that I can assist you with?” With that said the woman smiled at the Lord.
 
The great demon looked at the tear stand face of the girl with aw. `How is it that this girl is not afraid of me?'
 
 
~End of Flash Back~
 
Inuyasha listened to his mother very carefully, not wanting to interrupted her. `So she wasn't afraid of father, just like Kagome wasn't afraid of me when we first met.'
 
InuYasha's mother continued to tell her story; she looked so happy talking about her memories with her son. Inuyasha noticed that every time she would mention his father's name that she would smile just a little but more. He found it extraordinary that just talking about his father, made his mother happy. To Inuyasha it showed just how much she loved him.
 
“It had only been a week that went by since I had received that news that I would be leaving my home. That had meant that I only had a week left to live in my home. I was getting nerves. I would go to the clearing every day to see your father, and every day he would be waiting for me. One day I walked into the clearing and saw a rat trying to destroy all of the flowers that were in the middle of the clearing. I ran towards the flowers to scare the rat away, and to protect delicate flowers. After the rat was gone I sat in the clearing and smiled at the flowers that I had protected. Then the presence that I loved feeling so much came towards me.”
 
 
~Flash Back~
 
 
The Great Dog Demon sat next to the girl and gave her a peculiar look. “Why did you protect these flowers from that rat? It is just a plant, with no feeling.”
 
The girl looked up to meet the gaze of the lord. She got shivers down her spine when she gazed into his eyes. “Everyone needs something to protect. For me it was these flowers. They my not be able to talk, but they are still living, and everything deserves a chance at life. What about you don't you have someone to protect?”
 
The demon looked upon the woman in front of him. `Someone to protect. Why would I the Great Dog Demon have someone to protect?' Then he looked upon the girl again. And for some reason he felt something come over him. A feel that he had never felt before. `Could it be you are the one that I am supposed to protect?' With that thought in his mind he sat next to her and watched her tend to the flowers the ones that she protected.
 
~End of Flash Back~
 
“Soon after that day, the day came that I would have to leave my home and go live with the man that one day I was to marry. I thought in my mind that this would be the last time that I would see your father, but I was wrong. Not even being at my new home for a day I sensed his presence. I was very careful not to be seen with your father and I tried not being with him to long because I didn't want to be missed at the castle. Weeks wet by and I found myself wanting to see him more and more. That I wasn't complete with out him. I found myself falling him love with your father.”
 
Inuyasha watched his mother intently, wanting to hear more.
 
“One day I was with your father walking through the woods. And he said to me that he had found someone to protect and that is was I. I told him that I loved him and from that day on I would always feel his presence. Soon I was pregnant with you, and the rest you already know.”
 
Inuyasha looked at the ground for a moment. Taking in all that his mother had just told him.
 
“You see my son, the reason that I chose your father is because, he chose to protect me. A great demon chose to protect a helpless human and he died protecting me and you.”
 
She looked upon her son with sympathetic eyes. “My son, you love this girl, I have seen it in your heart and in your soul. You have done a grand job protecting her, you have to come to terms with why you are protecting her the way that you do. Tell her Inuyasha, let her see into you heart, and let her comfort you and protect you, like you have her.”
 
She knelt down kissed his forehead. With tears in her eyes she smiled at her son. She had seen him grow up and saw all the hard ship that he had encountered. “I must go now my son, we will meet again, I love you and always protect the once that you love.” With that said she was gone and Inuyasha was alone in his dream.
 
Inuyasha slowly opened his eyes, and looked upon the grassy meadows. With a smirk on his face, he got to his feet, and jumped out of the tree that he resided in. turning to look up at the branches. The sun's raise gleamed through it and made it look like that there were stars all through the trees branches. “Thank you mother.” With that said he turned and started to walk back to the village, where his one and only love was waiting for him to return to her.