InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Loving Hanyou, Inuyasha ❯ Surfs Up, Dude ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

MY LOVING HANYOU, INUYASHA: Chapter Seventeen: Surfs Up, Dude
((AN: Anywho, I'll let you read. Anybody want Japanese music—er, mp3's or whatever, just songs or whatever? I have my playlist, so if you want something, you can download the play list, or request a song (either by hand or if it isn't on the playlist) ))
Disclaimer: I own 15lbs of sugar. And a knife to ward people off of it. IT'S MINE! Inu isn't….so sad.
LAST TIME: WELL, WE HAD SLIGHT BATHROOM PROBLEMS BUT EVERYTHING TURNED OUT O.K. WE WENT TO NEW JERSEY; I ALMOST FORGOT MY THREE NORMAL FRIENDS! OOPS. WELL, WE'LL HAVE TO HIT THE BEACH. WITH INUYASHA, WHO KNOWS WHAT'LL HAPPEN?
THIS TIME: SURFS UP, DUDES!
KEYS: (( )) AUTHOR'S NOTES
( ) PART OF STORY
( Hello) AS KAGOME'S TELLING THE STORY, THAT'S A THOUGHT
SLANTEDTHINKING
X
Ayumi and Yuka had beach towels in their hands, and ran off to find a perfect tanning spot. Personally, the rest of us were hungry.
Before we had all filed into the car, I had whispered to everybody that we would avoid the arcades…..I wanted Inuyasha to enjoy everything else except those mind-controlling-brain-fart-causing machines….unfortunately, THAT was too late for Souta.
We browsed the shops and food stands for over 10 minutes before I threw my hands up. “I have no idea what I want!” I yelled in frustration, and crossed my arms with an `hmmph!'
“I know what you mean…….ugh, and I'm stARviNG!” Eri wailed and flung her head backwards.
“I don't even know what the hell this stuff IS!” Inuyasha mumbled angrily and crossed his arms over his chest.
“OH! What about ice cream?” I said, clasping my hands together. Everybody looked at me like I was a nut. “WHAT?” I asked defensively.
They just shook their heads, exchanged glance, but then shrugged. I'm way confused; and what's so wrong with ice cream?
“Kay.” Eri said with a smile and took out a piece of paper and a pen from her sack. “Kay, what flavors?”
I explained the flavors to Inuyasha and most of the tastes and he ended up picking Mint Chocolate Chip, the same as me. Miroku got a lime freeze pop, Sango got a Chocolate, and Eri got a Dixie cup.
Eri ran ahead to get them and was back within five minutes. “Short line.” she said happily and passed out our ice cream.
“Inuyasha don't!” I yelled, but it was too late for him. He'd bitten into the ice cream like last time.
“AGGHH! COLD!” He screamed and started running around in circles, wailing like a puppy! Miroku, Sango, and Eri all started to crack up, but I, being the nice girlfriend I am, went over to help Inuyasha.
((Don't forget, earlier in the chapters they became an official couple.))
I grabbed my water, which had luckily turned hot from the long car ride, and handed it to FroZone over there. He quickly drank the entire thing and handed me the bottle. I gave him a `the-WHOLE-bottle?' look, and I KNOW my eye started to twitch.
His ears drooped down and of course, I stopped being angry. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest. “It's ok.” I said softly and he held me tighter.
We pulled away and I explained to Inuyasha that he should have listened to me from last time and how to eat it PROPERLY and not like a pig. He rolled his eyes when I finished my lecture and I shoved my ice cream in his face. “Eat it.” I said and walked over to where I THOUGHT everybody else was.
“Wha--? HEY! Where'd everybody go?” I said surprised and looked down to find a handwritten note from Eri `Kagome, you guys looked too comfortable, we didn't want to interrupt. We went down to the beach, you'll find us. Just follow the sound of a slapped pervert. HEH, Eri'
I blushed and looked upwards; Inuyasha was blushing too. He'd been reading over my shoulder, I suppose. I crumpled the paper up and threw it in a trashcan. “Uh…yeah…ready to go?” I asked, tinting my blush down. He did the same and nodded.
Inuyasha bent downwards and lifted me loosely on his back. Thankfully he isn't a pervert, so he held me up by placing his hands on thighs as I put my arms around his neck; resting my head on his shoulder.
Obviously, we started walking; the rhythm was pretty soothing. “Having fun yet?” I asked softly, leaning my head at an angle so I was looking at him.
He shrugged. “It's ok I guess.” he said and smiled slightly at me. Mental note, I thought to myself, take pictures; especially when Inu smiles. He needs to do it more often. I guess I was staring at him whilst in thought, because he gave me a weird look and said “What!”
I shook myself out of it and said simply “Oh nothing.”
He gave me the look `I-know-you-too-well-,-tell-me'. Then he added “Spit it out wench!”
“My name isn't `wench', its Kagome. KaGOme! You KNOW I hate it when you do that! And why do you always ruin nice moMENTS!” I said angrily then yelling as I was dropped on the boardwalk.
“INUYASHA!” I shouted and death glared him. He seemed to be totally ignoring me! How ignorant! With an angry expression I followed his gaze; he was staring at a guy surfboarding.
“W-what's that thing? What the hell's he riding a tree for?” Inuyasha asked, quirking an eyebrow at me.
With my eyelids half closed, I muttered “It's not a tree, it's a surfboard. He'd SURFING.” But then again, I reminded myself, he didn't know. BUT HEY! I shouted back mentally, HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DROP ME!
“Can I do that?” he asked, still in a gaze.
I glared up at him once again. With a angry sigh, I said “YES, Inuyasha.”
Inuyasha nodded and then looked at me. His ears drooped (AW! So cute!) as he looked at me. “Sorry.” he said quickly and scooped me up back into our original positions and started walking. My eye twitched as I looked at him, arms crossed.
He gave me a puppy dog face; I noticed his ears were still down. I sighed, smiled, and rolled my eyes. “I forgive you, I forgive you.” I said, smiling to one side, and laughing slightly. Inu's ears perked back up and he smiled again. I gave him another thoughtful, happy, half-smile and his same face returned. Ooops.
“Oi, wen—Kagome! TELL ME!” he shouted irritated. I believe besides cursing, WENCH is his favorite word. I thought to myself and then sighed.
“Fine. I was just thinking how cute you looked when you smiled and that you need to do it more often.” I stammered and a blush crept upon my face. I looked away from him then faced him again. He was half-smiling, blushing, and seemed to be lost in thoughts.
I laughed silently to myself, shook my head, and looked forward. We walked down the ramp of the boardwalk and finally hit the beach. ((Did I mention everybody BUT Inu had put sandals on? He is barefoot….shakes head. Not good, trust me; I've done it PLENTY of times.))
I thought I warned him….I groaned mentally to myself, shut my eyes, and then opened them to see a wide-eyed hanyou. His lips were pursed together like he was holding back a scream which, I believe and was right about, he was.
“HOLY SHIT! IT'S HOOOOOOOTTTTT!” he screamed and started jumping back and forth on his feet.
“InnnUUUUUYYYYaaaSSHHAAaaaa!” I yelled, swinging back and forth, trying to hang on to him.
“Ahh! Ouhh! EE!” he screeched and hopped right to left, trying to find our blanket.
I gripped him tighter and a huge wave of relief came over me as I saw everybody on the huge black blanket. “Arigato kami.” I whispered under my breath and held on even tighter when Inuyasha jumped (Demon style) to the blanket.
We landed with a thud infront of Eri.
“WHA?” she yelped and jumped back ((Kind of how Hamtaro does it when he's frightened….don't ask how the hell I know that, I just know these things.))
“Uggh…Sorry.” I muttered, rolled off of Inuyasha and grabbed my stomach.
“H-hot.” Inuyasha panted and rolled over to his side, whacking into me.
“Rrrrr….” I growled, mouth closed, and opened an eye to him.
“Rrrrrrr…” he growled back and so began the war of growling. We argued about how I supposedly didn't warn him, how he never listened, and who could growl the longest. Inuyasha won that last one, but I did a pretty good job.
Inuyasha and I were face-to-face ((quite literally, almost noses touching)) growling at each other.
“Sheila's and mates!(“Kagome, does he mean couples?” Inuyasha asked. “No, inuyasha, he means girls and guys.” I informed him.) Welcome to the 18th annual surfboarding contes'! We need another entrée ova here; who'll it be?” A beach (seemingly Australian ((to no offense))) guy said through a microphone.
Inuyasha, I, and everybody else turned around to look over. Inuyasha looked at me funny. “A man is saying they need somebody else to surf.” I explained. Inuyasha's eyes widened and he stepped infront of me.
“Cools! Can I do it?” Inuyasha begged. He was acting somewhat near as bad as Souta for a video game!
“Uh, I guess?” I said unsure.
“YES!” he yelled and dragged me over to the guy.
“Hey mate! Name's Chip. In ta surf?” he asked. Inuyasha gave me an odd look.
“Uh, Kagome, what'd he just say?” Inuyasha asked, turning to me.
“He said hello, his name is Chip, and he wants to know if you want to surf.” I translated.
I then told the man in English “Yes, he'll do it. You just need to show him how and his name's Inuyasha.” Inuyasha just dug his hands into his trunk pocket and watched us talk in English.
I then translated everything Chip had said, and Inuyasha was then taught how to surf.
Surprisingly, he learned extremely quickly and went off to the start. He was the last one to go. He stared attentively at the other surfer's, who snubbed and raved about how better they were.
Inuyasha just ignored them, besides the fact he couldn't understand them anyway. After 6 other surfers, men and women, went, Inuyasha was up. “Go Inuyasha!” I shouted; everybody had since joined me.
With the sound of a whistle he raced off and immediately started riding the fast waves. It was amazing how well he was! He was doing tons of tricks and positions; where'd he learn those? I guess studying the other riders…..but they didn't even DO half of the moves.
The rest of the groups (the surfers, I mean) were gawking at how good he was. EVERYBODY was. Within 10 minutes of a fabulous show, Inuyasha came back and shook off.
“That was easy.” he said with a proud smirk, and stuck his tongue at the other surfers.
“Right-o Inu! First prize medal, lad!” Chip said, shaking Inuyasha's hand, congratulating him in English (I translated) and handed Inuyasha the medal. It was gorgeous! It had a red and black strap and the medal was really shiny!
Inuyasha nodded and walked back with us to the blanket as all the crowds of people cheered.
“Having fun now?” I asked smiling, and lay back with Inuyasha.
“Somewhat………..uh, well, yeah. That was so cool! Your era DOES have SOME good things.” he admitted and nuzzled my cheek.
I wrapped my arms around his neck from my position (I sat ontop of Inuyasha's lap; Inuyasha sitting Indian style) and sighed.
“I'm glad.”
X
AN: Sorry for the shortness and lack of interesting chapter! I wanted to make it really long, but then I noticed I didn't exactly know what TO write, so I'm leaving it here. I feel proud of myself. You guys are OFFICIALLY caught up. ^_^ Next chapter is the lemon chapter, so beware! Gotta update you guys and then fanfic.net guys!