InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Mate ❯ Chapter 6 - COMPLETE ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 6

~*~*~

Sango smiled at Kagome. "It’s so good to see you, Kagome. I really didn’t think that I would ever see you again, after the way you left. I see why you came back, though. Although, in my opinion, you had every right not to come back and tell Inuyasha."

Kagome sighed. "It’s alright, Sango. Inuyasha is being a good father, even if he was a poor choice for a mate. Besides, I haven’t decided if I’m going to stay or not. I don’t want to push myself on Inuyasha, not after he told me that he didn’t want me. I know the babies would be better off here, being that in my time, people don’t even believe in demons, but I won’t just leave my children here, either." Kagome finished nursing Aiko and laid her down on the blanket next to her. "I don’t know what I’m going to do, Sango, but I’ll worry about it when I get to Keade’s village."

"I think that you should stay. It’s selfish for me to say that, but I’ve missed you. Kohaku, Miroku, and I are all moving to Keade’s village, so you won’t be alone if you decide to stay. Kohaku is already on his way to Keade’s village so that he can make preparations for our new home." Sango smiled. "You don’t even have to see Inuyasha if you don’t want."

Kagome stared at Sango. "Uh, when did you and Miroku hook up?"

Sango blushed slightly, but smiled at her friend. "After you left, Miroku decided to come with Kohaku and me back to our village to help fix it up. He was in no hurry to go anywhere in particular, now that Naraku’s dead, and that curse of his is gone, too. He had been acting rather strange all the way there; keeping his hands to himself, no lewd comments, no hidden meanings in anything he said. I was worried he’d gotten sick, but then when we reached my village, he asked me to bare his child.

"That was the first time he had ever asked me that. To tell you the truth, I was so stunned that I couldn’t even answer. When I asked him why, he told me that he simply wanted me. That he cared for me and loved me, but if I didn’t want him, all he wanted was to be near me. You have no idea how happy that made me. Despite the fact that he hits on anything in a skirt, I love him, too. I told him that I would bare his children, but only if he married me." Sango chuckled. "He told me that that was the only way he wanted it. So we’re going to get married as soon as we get to Keade’s."

"Oh, Sango! I’m so happy for you! I always thought you and Miroku would make a cute couple!" Kagome hugged her friend close.

~*~*~

Inuyasha looked at his son in the crisp winter sun. How he hated that Kagome didn’t want him to spend time with his children. She was not going to take them with her if she decided to go back to that hellish time she came from. They belonged here, with him.

"Inuyasha? You look like you swallowed some of your stew. What’s wrong?" Miroku asked, and instantly regretted it as soon as Inuyasha looked back at him with a glare.

"Miroku, how would you feel if your mate was planning to take your children away from you? She doesn’t want to stay here, with me, and she doesn’t want our children to be with me. I will not allow her to take my children away from me." His scowl deepened at the thought of the impending fight with Kagome.

"I don’t blame her for not wanting to stay with a mutt like you. But I don’t want her to go away either, so I offered her and her cubs a home here, with me." Kouga grinned at Inuyasha. "I think she might agree."

"They’re pups, and over my dead body." Inuyasha scowled at Kouga and took a step forward.

"What, are you planning on fighting me, mutt? Holding your son? Not very father like."

To avoid a very bloody fight, Miroku stepped between them. "Kagome’s not going to make that decision for a while yet, so there’s no point in fighting about it now."

At that moment, Sango came out. She walked over to Inuyasha, glared at him, plucked Kiyoshi out of his arms, and moved back into the cave. Inuyasha blinked.

"What the hell was that about?" He looked at Miroku.

Miroku smirked. "I think that was Kagome’s way of saying it was time for Kiyoshi to come in."

~*~*~

Kagome let out a sigh of relief when she saw the huts in the distance. They were finally back at Keade’s village. Good grief, had it taken a long time to get there. Traveling with infants had made them add at least two days on to the trip. Finally, Miroku had made a makeshift sled so she could sit and nurse the babies while they dragged her along.

Inuyasha guided them to Keade’s hut and knocked on the door. Kohaku answered the door. He broke into a big grin and stepped back to let them all in. Where have you guy’s been? You took forever to get here."

"We have a couple of new members that are a little high maintenance." Sango hugged her little brother. "Where’s Keade?"

Over here, Sango. Oh, Kagome! Bring that beautiful baby here." Keade smiled.

Kagome walked over and sat down. "Which one would you like to hold?" she asked with a grin.

"Two? Oh, my. You’ve been blessed. Congratulations." Keade smiled at her and took Kiyoshi. "They are both beautiful, Kagome. Congratulations to you, too, Inuyasha." She smiled down at the beautiful little boy when he made the most horrendous cry. "Oh, my. What did I do?"

"Kagome reached over and grinned. "Oh, nothing. That’s his ‘I’m hungry; feed me now!’ cry. Nothing to be concerned with." She took Kiyoshi and started to feed him.

Keade looked over at Miroku and Sango. "Kohaku told me the good news. I guess I should congratulate you, too."

"Thank you, Keade." Miroku grinned and put an arm around Sango. "Forgive us, but we would like to look around the village for a good place to build. If you’ll excuse us." With that, Miroku and Sango headed out the door.

"I’d like to go out, too. I want to play with Shippou." Kohaku and Shippou looked at Keade. "Is that all right?"

"Of course. But don’t stay out too late, or your sister will skin you alive."

On that note, both the boy and the kitsune ran out the door. Keade looked at Inuyasha and Kagome and noticed that there was quite a bit of tension between the two. "I think I should go and visit that sick child down the road. I’ll be back a little later, you two. Make yourself at home."

When Keade shut the door, a heavy silence settle in the room. Inuyasha avoided even looking at Kagome as he walked with Aiko. When Kiyoshi had finished eating, he passed Aiko without a word.

"Inuyasha, will you please tell me what’s bothering you. I’m tired of the silent treatment you’ve been giving me. I might not be here for much longer and I-"

"You are NOT leaving! Scratch that, you can leave if you want, but my children are staying here." Inuyasha scowled at her. "Don’t you dare try and take them away from me."

Kagome just stared. "You want our babies, but not me. Is that it? Well forget that, Inuyasha! They are my children. You just happened to be that one there when they were conceived. That’s all you are to them! Got that!"

Inuyasha winced at the hidden barb behind that. She was still mad about him sending her away. Of course, she had every right to be. But that didn’t mean she had to take the babies away from him. "That was for your own good. I knew that you wouldn’t see it that way, but you deserve better than me. You still do, but Kiyoshi and Aiko are mine, too, and they deserve a father. They deserve to have people that understand them and help them to understand themselves. You won’t be able to do that. Only I can. Hate me if you want, Kagome, but don’t punish them for what I did to you before I even knew about them." He lowered his head so that his bangs hid his eyes. "I still love you, you know. . ."

Kagome sighed. Of course. She should have known. He always did what was best for her. She should have understood that. He told her that he loved her. She should have known that he would let his blood get in the way. "Inuyasha. . . I’m going to stay. Nothing you say or do will change my mind. So you can say whatever you want, but I’m staying." She held up her hand to silence Inuyasha and he opened his mouth. "Not a word. They are my children, too, and I’m going to do what right for them. They deserve a mother, too."

There was a long silence. Inuyasha finally sighed. "Kagome, please be my mate. I know I don’t deserve you, and I said some horrible things, but I truly love you, and our pups. I want us to be a family. You are the only home that I’ve known. I don’t want be alone anymore."

". . .Yes."

Inuyasha’s head shot up. "What? Yes? Really? Just like that?"

Kagome sighed. "Yes, Inuyasha. I want you as my mate. But if you ever pull a stunt like this again, I’ll sit you so hard, you’ll wish you were never born, got it?"

Inuyasha grinned. He walked over to his beautiful lover, and kissed her to seal her promise to take him back.

~*~*~

Outside the door, Keade, Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kohaku were listening to what was being said inside. Miroku grinned at Sango, who returned the smile. It looked like their friends were where they were supposed to be. Miroku leaned in to Sango’s ear and nibbled on it. "Want to practice on making a litter of our own?" He grunted as her elbow met his stomach. "Guess not. . ."

Sango turned and grinned at him. "We can practice later. Right now, I think we should interrupt Kagome and Inuyasha, before they forget they have children in the room."

Miroku chuckled. Yes, he supposed she was right. But he would remind Sango of her words of "practicing later".

~*~*~

That's the End! ^_^ Yay!!!! LoL What did you think??? Did I leave it hanging? Good! Cuz this is only the first story in a series of three. More adventures to come, and when I say adventures, I mean LOTS of action! (in the sense that you can die, not in the bedroom, you hentais!) Tell me what you think? Should I go on, or should I shoot this puppy in the head and let it die? R/R I really value your opinions. ^_^ Happy Reading! ~_~