InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Mate ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 5

~*~*~

Kouga led Inuyasha and Shippou to the other side of the cave. Keeping his voice low, he asked, "What the hell were you doing traveling in the middle of a blizzard with a sick Kagome and two newborns?"

"We were on our way to see you, actually. The babies were born only a short time ago, but we ran out of food and Kagome got sick. I knew they would be safe if I brought them here." Inuyasha sighed. "I didn’t even know she was going to have the babies until I carried her into the cave we’ve been staying in."

"But that doesn’t tell me WHY you were traveling in the first place."

Inuyasha scowled at Kouga. "Like it’s any of your business you damned wolf. But if you must know, I was following Kagome to make sure she was alright. She was on her way to see Miroku and Sango, and you, too, Shippou, when she started her labor pains."

Shippou jumped up. "When the weather clears a little, I’ll go get Miroku and Sango. They’re in a village near here. Boy, will they be happy to see Kagome!"

Four days later, Shippou was guiding Miroku and Sango up the mountain. Miroku and Sango had been happy to hear that Kagome had returned, and left for Kouga’s place as soon as they had heard.

About three quarters of the way there, Shippou covered his ears, as though he could hear something awful. Sango asked what was the matter, but Shippou just shook his head. Ten minutes later, Sango and Miroku could hear a very angry Inuyasha screaming at someone about vegetables. Vegetables?

"I said carrots and potatoes! Don’t you stupid wolves know ANYTHING about foods other than meat?! You brought back a damn rabbit! I wanted carrots!"

"But rabbits eat carrots-"

"IT’S NOT THE SAME THING, YOU IDIOT!"

"But-"

"We have some vegetables, if you want, Inuyasha." Miroku said, holding up a bag.

Inuyasha stopped his tirade, rushed over and grabbed the sack of veggies. He walked over to the stew pot and dumped all the produce in.

"Ah, Inuyasha? Shouldn’t you have cut those up first?" Sango looked into the boiling pot, and turned slightly green.

"By the way, why do you need the vegetables anyway?" Miroku said. Seeing Sango’s reaction, he stayed as far away from the pot as he could.

"Kagome needs other things in her diet other than meat, but these dumb animals don’t seem to understand that." Inuyasha scowled at the wolves one last time before dishing up a bowl of the foul-smelling stew.

"You’ve never been concerned about her diet before. What’s changed? You trying to make up for foolishly sending her away?"

"Not quite, monk."

Inuyasha led them into the cave where Kagome was. She and Kouga were making light conversation when they all entered. Inuyasha walked over to Kagome and handed her the stew.

"Thank you, Inuyasha." Kagome smiled at Inuyasha, still not noticing Shippou’s return with Miroku and Sango. She took a small sip of the broth and nearly choked. Coughing, she set the bowl down. "I’m not very hungry right now, but thank you, anyway."

Miroku looked over at Sango, who rolled her eyes. Miroku was in agreement. Inuyasha never could cook.

At that moment a loud screech resounded through the cave. Everyone cringed.

"Good heavens, what on earth was that?" Miroku asked.

"Miroku! Sango! You’re here! I’m so happy to see you two!" Kagome smiled brightly at her two friends.

Inuyasha, who ignored Miroku’s question, went over to the little blind that was blocking his children from view and bent to pick up Kiyoshi. He carried him over to Kagome, who bared her breast and let Kiyoshi suckle.

Miroku’s eyes widened at the sight of Kagome’s breast. He was unable to tear his gaze away, until Sango, Inuyasha and Shippou all slapped the back of his head. Clearing his throat, he smiled at Kagome. "Congratulations, Kagome! What’s his name?"

"His name is Kiyoshi. And-" But before Kagome could finish he sentence, a soft wail floated through the air. Inuyasha bent behind the screen and picked up his daughter. "And this is Aiko."

"Twins? Wow, you had a litter!" Miroku grinned at Inuyasha. "Congratulations to you, too." He walked over to Inuyasha and touched the little girls white hair. He brushed aside her bangs and blinked in surprise. Aiko had a small crescent moon on her forehead. A wicked grin crossed Miroku’s lips. "She looks like her uncle." Miroku glanced up at Inuyasha and instantly regretted saying that. He knew that if Kagome weren’t there, Inuyasha would have turned him into pulp.

Kagome giggled. "I think the crescent is a beauty mark. I mean, look at Sesshoumaru. He’s absolutely gorgeous!" Kagome smiled sweetly at Inuyasha.

Kiyoshi, who was apparently finished eating, nipped Kagome. "Ouch!" Inuyasha, walked over to Kagome and switched babies. "Serves you right, for that comment about my brother."

"I’d like to see how you like being bit every time he eats." Kagome rubbed herself before covering that breast and switching so Aiko could eat. Miroku was very careful to keep his eyes up.

Sango smiled at Kagome an sat down next to her. "It’s been so long. And so much has happened. We need to catch up." She looked over at the males in the room. "Alright, it’s girl talk time. Everybody out."

As all of the men filed out, Kagome raised her voice. "You are NOT taking Kiyoshi outside!"

"He’s part demon, Kagome. He can take a little cold. Besides he’s male, and I thought it was time for girl talk." Inuyasha looked over his shoulder at Kagome.

"He’s not even a month old, Inuyasha!"

"He’s coming out with me."

Kagome would have sat him, but since he had Kiyoshi... "Fine, but if he gets a cold nose-"

"It means he’s healthy."

Kagome looked at Sango and they both rolled their eyes.

~*~*~

Okay, okay. Bad joke. LoL But I like it. ^_^ Heee.... I hope you enjoyed it, and please let me know. R/R ~_~