InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Protector ❯ Childhood ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Childhood by Kitz the Kitsune
Title: Childhood
Genre: Drama, Angst, One-shot
Series: None in particular. References to Egypt.
Pairings: None
Summary: Hihi guys! I've decided to post all my one shots right here. Some maybe related to one another; other won't. This is for my new char. named Diyawa a.k.a Flippy. This is a sad story about his childhood. Beware.
-13-
“Mama! Mama!” a little boy called in a chirping tone. His wavy black hair quickly became loose from his ponytail as his small legs carried him down the beaten path. His cinnamon, near chocolate, colored eyes danced cheerily as a pink iris was held proudly in his grubby brown fingers. He excitedly weaved his way between the legs of the shoppers and vender's; glancing up only to search for his mother's form.
“Woah there!” a deep booming voice laughed as he picked the boy up by the scruff of his shirt. “Where are ye headed for Flip?” the man asked him. The little boy squirmed and frowned at the nickname. Everyone called him Flip because he had the ability to change into a jackal, angel, or human at the flip of a coin.
“My name is Diyawa!” The boy protests, still trying to get down from the iron steel grip. The man let out another deep chuckle, his huge form seemed to shake with laughter.
“That I know little one, but you never answered my question. Where are ye headed to?”
“To my mother!” Diyawa quit struggling for a moment to answer. “I want to give her this!” He held up the pink iris he was carrying.
“Very beautiful.” The older man smiled. The child smiled proudly for a moment before giving a hesitant look.
“Do you believe she will like it, Tekh?” he asked the older man shyly.
“I do believe she will, little one.” Tekh reassured the young boy.
“GET HIM!” a shrill voice broke through the crowd. “GET THAT LITTLE THIEVING BRAT!” Guards swarmed the bazaar at an incredible pace. A guard snatched Diyawa out of Tekh's hands.
“Wha-” Tekh started to protest.
“I've found him milady. The one who stole the flower from your sacred garden.” The soldier called out. A beautiful woman wearing a short sleeve, ankle length black cotton dress. She had ink black shoulder length hair that had streaks that were the same coloring of her eyes, an eerie light blue, just like the sky. Her skin tone was a light cinnamon varying to deep chocolate on the more exposed part of her body. The soldier immiediatly went down on one knee.
“Mistress Khai... I wasn't aware that you were here.” The young woman smiled, her eyes sparking. Diyawa found them creepily comforting, and shuddered when he looked closer. The woman had no pupils.
“Rise young warrior. For you have done your job accordingly.” Her voice was airy, as if she was not there before them. The soldier rose, still not looking the woman in the eye. The woman scanned Diyawa's profile. The little boy whimpered lightly under her intense gaze. “Nefer Shefi...” She whispered cradling the side of Diyawa's face. Diyawa flinched away from her touch still whimpering. “Where are you headed to Nefer Shefi?” she spoke to him.
“T-to my mother... I wa-wanted to bring h-her the f-flower. Sh-she's sick.” Diyawa stuttered as he spoke, his hand holding the iris was shaking badly. Khai smiled at the boy, her eyes dancing creepily in the twilight that was engulfing them.
“Then go Nefer Shefi. Go to the woman you brought you upon this plane of living. And bring with you the flower you plucked. For you did not know that it was my sister's?” she seemed to state rather then ask. Diyawa nodded, completely speechless.
“Good.” she spoke. Then she simply turned, and walked away. Diyawa was so shocked that he didn't even realize that the soldier had let him go.
“Diyawa! Diyawa!” he turned to the sound of his sister's voice. “Diyawa! I was worried! You didn't come when I called!” A girl around 12 came up, and wrapped her arms around her brother.
“I'm sorry. I met this lady. She reminded me of mother.” Diyawa heard his sister's gasp. “She called me Nefer Shefi... just like Mama used to.”
“Nefer Shefi... terribly beautiful one..” his sister whispered.
“Let's go.” Diyawa broke the silence. “I want to visit mother... to give her this flower...” He broke from his sister's grasp to run down the lane.
“No wait!” the girl called after him, but it was already to late. “Mama... Mama died this afternoon...”