InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Beginnings ❯ Her Mother's Plot Part 1 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5 is here. sorry again for the wait.
I just had a brainstorm. It is in fact known that Sesshomaru is a full blood Dog Demon. This means that his true form is that of a Giant White Dog. Now, if Inuyasha had born looking more human due to one of his parents being human, then why wouldn’t Sesshomaru be more dog like when he was born? I always pictured him and any other full blood demon to take on the form of their signature animal when they are born. This means, in short, he was probably born a small, blind, nearly hairless pup, just like modern canines are when they are born. It is with this understanding that I am writing chapter 5. I have seen fan art of Sesshomaru looking more human when he is a newborn apposed to the actuality of him being more canine. This is just my views though. I do think that Rumiko Takahashi intended him to be human form when he was born, but that is my opinion.

Disclaimer: Don’t own it. Need Proof? Check out the last 4 chapters

“...” Talking

‘...’ Thinking

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5: Her Mother's Plot Part 1

The night was cool as the sun made its western journey through the multiples of colors that shown upon the land. Creatures of the night were just now opening their eyes to greet Mother Moon as was their custom. Sesshomaru stood in the hall that led to the throne room, pondering what he should do about his current situation. Just a few hours ago he had spoken with Shikaru in a calming manner. They talked about his mother, his father, what it was like to be a Western Prince. Shikaru had plenty of questions and he, Sesshomaru, had just as equally plenty of answers. What surprised him was the fact that she did not push him in any way for those answers. She had sat and listened while he told her what he knew. When Shikaru asked if he was upset anymore about her mother Sesshomaru just shook his head, making the younger Demoness pleased that he had forgotten is grudge with the Eastern Lady. Now that he thought about it, he was actually quite impressed with his fathers choice. It was strange to say the least. The young Princess was a mere newborn the day he had first seen her. He himself was only a few moons old when she was first brought into the palace. Sesshomaru had never forgotten the look on his fathers, nor his mothers face when Michiru and Lord Takanawa first uncovered the tiny blind, and nearly hairless, pup the first time. What had startled Sesshomaru the first time seeing her was the fact that she had only a small amount of fur covering her body. Her ears were still droopy since the muscles were not yet developed. She whined and whimpered a lot causing the adults to coo and coddle the newborn. Sesshomaru himself couldn’t remember much from when he was first born, but he had heard from his father that he too looked just like that.

‘Too bad Inuyasha was cursed to look like a foul human. He would have made a nice specimen if born a true demon.’ Sesshomaru thought as he began walking toward the throne room.

Entering the large doors that led into the expansive room, Sesshomaru was nearly knocked over as a small bundle of hyper-ness crashed into him. Looking down he wasn’t the least bit surprised to see Inuyasha as the pup struggled to stand upright, his feet having been tangled on the long robes he wore. Rolling his eyes, Sesshomaru bent to grab the tangled pup from the floor.

“Hello big brother. Where was you at? Momma and poppa have been looking for you.” the whelp asked, his face holding that ever loving smile that he reserved only for his older brother.

“I was thinking.” came the reply as Sesshomaru carried Inuyasha back into the room. Walking over to Izayoi, who gave him a questioning look, he dropped the hanyou with an unceremoniously “Oomph” in his mothers lap.

“Thank you Sesshomaru.” Izayoi bowed as she put an arm around her son, trying to keep him still. This of course proved fruitless as Inuyasha jumped out his mothers lap and ran over to Sesshomaru who was now standing before his father. Coming to an abrupt halt, the whelp stood still, trying his best to impersonate his much older brother.

“Sesshomaru? Was there something you needed?” Toga asked, his eyes looking at first his oldest, and then down at his youngest son.

“Yes father. This Sesshomaru was wondering when the ceremony would be for Princess Shikaru and I?”

Toga nodded and then smiled. So his son was ready to wed this soon? But why?

“The ceremony will not be held until a few more years have passed Sesshomaru. Shikaru is still a pup as are you. I will not push you, nor her, in any way. Until you both are ready, the ceremony will be put on hold.” Toga said.

‘Put on hold? For how long? Doesn’t that old man know that I, Sesshomaru, want to get this over and done with as soon as possible?’ Sesshomaru thought to himself with a scowl. ‘Now I’ll have to wait forever to see what Shikaru is hiding under that veil.’

“Sesshomaru? Is something the matter? You look tense my son.” Toga asked.

“No father. I am fine. Just tired. I will take my leave now father. Goodnight.” Sesshomaru said as he bowed low. Then turning to Izayoi and Inuyasha, who had toddled back to his mother after being ignored, he bowed again. “Goodnight, mother.” he forced. “Goodnight brother.”

After he said his goodnights, Sesshomaru turned and walked out of the throne room. Heading down the hall toward his room, Sesshomaru kept the scowl he had worn while talking to his father. If his knew his father then the ceremony wouldn’t be held until he was an adult. Well that shot down his plans.

~~~

Elsewhere in the castle, Michiru sat at her vanity brushing her hair as Shikaru stood behind her mother holding various hair pins. It was late and the Eastern Lady and Princess was getting ready for bed when Michiru turned to look at her daughter.

“Not much of a mate is he my dear?” she asked.

“What do you mean mother? Sesshomaru is loyal and most kind.”

“Oh posh. Sesshomaru is only after power my dear. Didn’t you know? With this union, he will be the greatest Lord to ever grace the Western Lands. When you and him wed, he will gain more power because he will rule not only the West, but also the East. That boy is power hungry. And why? Because his foolish father has raised him to be so. Sesshomaru is the worst kind of demon. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Why do you think Toga is pushing you two to get married?”

“Because of some prophecy that was told on the day I was born.”

“There was no prophecy Shikaru. It was the Western Lords son, that Sesshomaru, who requested for your hand. It was him all along who has lied about the prophecy.”

“But Lord Toga said that the old witch was present when the prophecy was made.”

“Sesshomaru paid a mountain witch to say a few words. Everyone, including that foolish dog, believed it was a foretelling in your lives. “

“Why would he do such a thing?”

“Power. The more power he gains, the more power hungry he becomes. Sesshomaru has always been like that. Even after I told them about your so called brother...”

“I don‘t have a brother?”

“You have no brother Shikaru. I only said this because I wanted to keep the Eastern Lands safe.”

“It was a lie? Mother, how could you? Lord Toga believes that my brother is ruling the Eastern Lands in father‘s stead! You need to go back and let him know it was all a lie!” Shikaru half demanded.

“Do not demand me girl! I am your mother. You will not order your own flesh and blood to do what you think is right! But I do have a plan. One that I believe, may benefit both of us.” Michiru smiled. “Now help mother with her hair.”

Shikaru stood still for a moment before taking a handful of her mothers hair in her hand. Holding a hair pin between her teeth, she began to twist the long black hair tightly. When this was done, she looped it around her wrist and held it firmly. Taking the hair pin, she wrapped the hair around it and then twisted it upon her mothers head. Taking another hair pin, she secured it on top.

“A fine job dearest. Now, help mother to bed. We will continue this talk in the morning.” Michiru said with a smile.

Taking her mothers hand, Shikaru led the elder demoness to her bed. Helping her to get settled, Shikaru forced a smile at her mother.

“Goodnight mother. I do hope you get enough rest.” she said.

“Goodnight my daughter. You should be off to bed as well. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.”

After Shikaru had made sure her mother was comfortable, she headed out the chamber doors. Leaning against the wooden entry, she sighed. So her mother was planning something. Sesshomaru had been right in his accusations. But what? What could she possibly be plotting? Not knowing what else to do, Shikaru took off down the hall. She needed to find Sesshomaru, and quick. If anyone could help her figure her mother out, it was him.

She found him just as he was turning a corner. Running to him, Shikaru had a look of disdain on her face. Sesshomaru stopped and looked around to see Shikaru coming at him full speed. Putting an arm out, he waited till she was close enough to stop her.

“What has happened Shikaru?” he asked.

“SHE LIED!” Shikaru cried. “She lied to all of us! I don’t have a brother! Then she tells me that it was your idea to stage a prophecy in hopes of gaining not only the Western Province, but the Eastern as well!”

Sesshomaru stood by the distraught Princess, not knowing what else to do. Slowly, he brought his arms around the distraught Princess in hopes of consoling her. It worked as Shikaru threw her arms around Sesshomaru, in a hug.

“You must tell my father what you have learned Shikaru. Your mother can not be trusted any longer. Michiru was a conniving bitch when she first entered upon my domain and now she is accusing this Sesshomaru of wanting to take over the Eastern Lands. If anyone is scheming anything, it would be your mother who is plotting to take over the Western Lands.” Sesshomaru said as he ran a clawed hand over Shikaru’s head.

Only coming up to his shoulder, Shikaru looked up into the face of her soon to be mate. His eyes were soft as if trying to comfort her. Sighing, said Princess pulled away.

“I know I should Sesshomaru...but”

“But what?”

“She is still my mother.”

“She lied to you and the rest of us. She told us that your brother was ruling the Eastern Lands as a way to pawn you off. And then she turns around and spreads lies about this Sesshomaru. I did not pay off some witch to spread such crude lies. I never knew about this prophecy until my father mentioned it a day ago. It is you mother who is planning to gain power. By our marriage, it will give her rights to rule if we die or my father dies. And I believe she is just the bitch to try to kill us off in order to get her way.” Sesshomaru explained.

“I don’t know what to do Sesshomaru. My mother is normally very caring. I never knew she would stoop so low as to lie about everything.” Shikaru said as she placed her head on the demon Princes shoulder.

“Your mother has issues that must be dealt with. But we will save those for tomorrow. Until then, you need your rest. Come. I will escort you back to your chamber.”

“No!” Shikaru said as she suddenly pulled away. At Sesshomaru’s blank expression, she quickly looked around. “I don’t wish to be alone tonight. Could it be possible if I was too...” she began.

“Sleeping together is not prohibited until we are wed Shikaru. You know that.”

“I know. But I feel safer when I’m with you. I would sleep on the floor if it meant only being closer to his Lordship.” the Eastern Princess said while she blushed. ’What am I thinking? I can’t sleep with him.’ she thought.

Sesshomaru took in the figure that was blushing before him. Shaking his head, he took Shikaru’s hand and led her to his bed chamber. At the sight of his room, Shikaru suddenly got a whole lot shyer. At the sight of his bed, she almost fainted. Looking up at him, she gave him a questioning look.

“Get in bed. I will stay here with you until you fall asleep.” Sesshomaru said as he placed himself against a wall.

“Oh I see. Thank you Sesshomaru.” Shikaru said as she climbed into the Demon Princes bed.

“Do not thank me. If it helps you to sleep then I shall stay here.”

“ What about you? Won’t you get uncomfortable sitting there?” she asked.

“No. Now go to sleep. I will be here when you awake. Then we will take this matter of your mother straight to my father in the morning.”

“Goodnight Sesshomaru.” Shikaru said as she settled in.

“Goodnight Shikaru.” came Sesshomaru’s reply. Unknown to him, the Eastern Princess did not hear anything else as sleep overcame her.

This was going to be a long night....
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 is done. Aha! Michiru is in for it now! But will Toga believe his son and Shikaru? Stay tuned for more in the next exciting installment of “Mystical Beginnings”