InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Child ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not now nor have I ever owned Inu-Yasha…wish I did though…
 
A/N: This is the sequel to “Naraku's Prisoner”. This story will mostly focus on their children and the younger individuals from Inu-Yasha's group (Shippo, Kanna, Rin, Kohaku).
 
Time line:
1 month after battle: Miroku+Sango marry
2 months after battle: Inu-Yasha leaves
2.5 months after battle: Sesshomaru+Kagura mate
6 months after battle: Kagome gets pregnant
8-9 months after battle: Sango has her first child
1 year after battle: NOW
 
Naraku's Child
Prologue
By: Ethril Dragon
 
Kagome sighed in contentment as she felt her mate's arms encircle her swollen stomach. They sat on a cushioned bench a little ways from where Shippo was playing with Kanna, trying to make her smile. “They're rather cute together,” Kagome commented, laughing softly as Shippo turned into his balloon and gave Kanna a little pink flower. She took the flower and placed it in her hair with a very soft smile.
“They are quite opposites of each other,” Naraku said as he nuzzled the top of his mate's head. He moved one hand in small circles over Kagome's stomach, pausing now and then whenever the baby kicked.
Kagome leaned against Naraku's chest. “Shippo is trying awfully hard to make her smile.”
“She is a void demoness. Smiling and laughing are not things she is used to doing. To those that do not know her she will always seem a little distant and cold,” Naraku replied. “That does not seem to be the case with Shippo.”
Kagome laughed and nodded, groaning softly as the baby inside of her kicked harder this time. She bit her lip slightly and looked at her mate over her shoulder. “Naraku…I'm worried,” She whispered so the demon guards and the children couldn't hear.
Naraku looked at her questioningly. “What do you mean love?”
Kagome sighed softly. “Human pregnancies last up to 9 months…it's only been 6 and the demon healer says I could go into labor any day. It's too early!” Kagome felt like crying, the stress of the pregnancy making her overly emotional at times.
Naraku looked at his mate worriedly and kissed her cheek gently. “Our baby will be a hanyo love, it will develop faster then human babies.”
Kagome stayed silent for a little while before shaking her head softly. “It's just…strange that's all…and I keep getting a weird feeling.” She bit her lip again. She was really worried. The pregnancy had been going fine for the last 6 months, but something in her heart told her there was something wrong with the pregnancy…or with her. She just knew it. Ever since that day six months ago when she had accidentally wished on the Shikon jewel, she had felt different. Not very different, but she could have sworn there was something different about her.
“My love, there is nothing to be worried about. I asked the best healers, human and demon, to come and help with the delivery. Nothing can go wrong,” Naraku said with a caring smile that he only showed his mate. He was confident nothing bad would happen.
Kagome sighed and closed her eyes. There was no reason to argue with Naraku. She didn't have any proof that something might happen other then she felt different and that she was worried. Sango had been worried a lot during her pregnancy, but her son had been born without any complications (or a windtunnel). Maybe her worrying was simply because of the fact she was being over emotional.
Naraku rocked Kagome gently in his arms humming softly so only she could hear. He sniffed her gently to make sure she was alright. He was satisfied enough to decide it was time to go in for some lunch. He was just about to call over to Shippo and Kanna when Kagome stiffened in his arms. “My love?” Naraku asked and he felt a small spasm where his hands rested on her stomach.
”I…I don't know,” She whispered and froze again. Naraku did, and he swiftly picked her up and barked orders that the healers and the midwife be summoned at once. Kagome gripped his arm and didn't say anything as he swiftly, and carefully carried her to their room. A few seconds later the midwife and healers were there to take care of Kagome. The midwife promptly ushered Naraku out of the room.
Naraku growled softly at her, but didn't say anything to the demoness. He stood there for a minute until Kanna finally arrived. “I want you to contact Inu-Yasha after the baby is born. Contact Kagura now.” Kanna nodded and looked into her mirror.
Inside the room Kagome was made as comfortable as possible to prepare her for the worst of the delivery.
The first few hours were drawn out and long. Kagome felt her the child as it pushed against her and the midwife was constantly checking the position of the baby. Kagome started to become worried. “Is there something wrong with my baby?” She asked softly as she felt it kick against her.
The midwife shook her head and the healer started mixing herbs together. “Nothing at all wrong my Lady.” Kagome didn't quite believe her.
Kagome lost track of time by the time Kagura arrived from her home in the Western lands. By then Kagome was doused in sweat and clinging to her bed as the convulsions came harder and faster.
Kagome cursed whatever gods were watching over her as she gripped the bed sheets with her nails. Kagura had created a cool, gentle breeze to try and cool her down. “Why is this so hard?” Kagome cried out as she felt another convulsion rack her body. Sango ran a damp clothe over Kagome's head. Her maids and the midwife were busy and she could hear hushed whispers. Kagome saw the worried glance a couple gave her and she had a strange feeling of wanting to strangle them.
“What? What's wrong?” Kagome demanded as she cried out again. The pain was becoming too much for her and she desperately wanted the baby out!
“My Lady, the birthing is taking to long…we…we must go hands on,” The healer said. Kagome nodded her head quickly. She knew what would happen if the baby wasn't born soon, it would die and it was possible she would die with it. If this was her original time, she could have had it surgically removed by now, but it wasn't.
She felt hands on her stomach and she closed her eyes as another convulsion surged through her body. She felt the healer push down on her stomach as she pushed. She wished Naraku could be with her physically, but men were not allowed in the room when a mother was giving birth. Kagome felt tears run down her cheeks and the mental caress from her mate. She could feel that he was getting increasingly worried.
“I can see the head!” the healer proclaimed and the midwife reached in to help the child be born.
Kagome panted and whimpered softly. Her whole body was on fire and she was exhausted. The healer moved up to touch her forehead and help her sip at an herbal tea. She heard a very angry scream suddenly and Kagome sat up, nearly knocking the cup out of the healer's hands. The door was shoved open and Naraku hurried into the room.
“Congratulations my Lord and Lady. It's a beautiful girl,” The midwife, who happened to be a demon, looked very confused and handed the now bundled baby to Kagome.
Naraku noticed the strange expression the midwife was giving his newly born daughter. “What? What is wrong with my child?”
The midwife hesitated as she looked at her Lord. The demoness fidgeted before trying to explain what she knew. “The girl doesn't…feel…like a hanyo. It is almost like she is more demon then human.”
Kagome looked down at her new baby girl and her eyes went round as she noticed what the midwife already had. Her daughter's aura was almost completely demonic. Perhaps 3/4 or 2/3 demonic. Kagome looked at Naraku and he looked at her.
“Leave us,” Naraku said simply to everyone else in the room. The demon healer and midwife bowed and were gone in a flash, along with Kagura. Sango hesitated before slowly walking out of the room. Naraku sat on the edge of Kagome's futon and looked at his daughter, who was now sleeping against her mother's chest.
“How could this have happened?” Kagome asked softly and curiously.
“I have…a theory,” Naraku said as he watched the small baby. She had black hair that curled tightly against her head, he couldn't tell her eye color just yet. Her hands were so tiny, as was her nose. Kagome looked at her mate questioningly, waiting for him to finish. Naraku said and wrapped an arm around Kagome. “Remember when the jewel granted your wish?” Kagome nodded slowly. “To try and keep you here…I poured some of my demonic energy, my youki, into you. It is possible that…”
“That I'm not quite human anymore,” Kagome finished for him. Suddenly all her strange feelings and thoughts of feeling different added up. She had just chalked it up to being pregnant since she had become pregnant the day the wish was made. She looked inside herself, but her miko powers were still as strong as they had been before she had mated.
Naraku nodded and gently kissed Kagome on her forehead. “I'm sorry for that, but I can't loose you. Not even time will keep you from me,” Naraku said with a possessive growl. Kagome smiled lovingly and she looked back down at the small bundle in her arms.
“Do you want to hold our daughter?” Kagome asked as she carefully shifted her arms so the little girl was closer to Naraku.
Kagome watched as surprise and awe filled Naraku's face as he lifted the small girl into his arms. Kagura, Kanna, and the others were considered to be his children, but they had not been born in the natural way. “We need to give her a name Naraku,” Kagome said as she watched him. It looked like he was holding the small bundle as if he held the most precious thing in the world. And at the moment, that little girl was.
“Kiyomi” Naraku murmured softly.
“Pure beauty,” Kagome murmured softly. She looked at her daughter and smiled. It was a fitting name. She was rather beautiful for just being born, and she could feel a purity that simply encircled her small daughter.
Naraku sat back down on the futon and cradled his new daughter. “I can't wait to see her eyes,” He muttered as Kagome reached out to gently touch Kiyomi's cheek. “They'll be light at first. I hope they are like yours,” He looked at Kagome adoringly. His red eyes looked into her brown eyes and he smiled.
Kagome blushed and sighed, leaning against Naraku gently. “Kiyomi is a beautiful name.”
Naraku smiled and rocked his new daughter in his arms. “I'll want a son next,” He said teasingly. Just then the door opened and his teasing nature was pushed to the back as he glared slightly at the intruder of this precious moment between him, Kagome, and their daughter.
It was Kanna. “Shall I inform Inu-Yasha of the birth of Kiyomi?” She asked as she held her mirror. Kagome wasn't surprised Kanna knew her sisters name already, the void demoness seemed to know the going on of the palace better then Naraku did at times.
Naraku nodded and Kanna left the room. “You'll be hungry,” He said softly as he carefully handed their daughter back to his mate.
Kagome blushed and nodded. “Yes…and I'd like to take a bath before eating,” She said with a slight cringe. “I feel so…so…” She was at a loss of words.
Naraku laughed and nodded. “Anything for you, my dear heart.”
Kagome blushed and smiled. This was one of the happiest moments of her life. She looked down at her daughter and wondered what the future would have in store for her.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is just the prologue so it's really short. This is the sequel to Naraku's Prisoner. I would suggest you DO NOT read this story if you haven't read Naraku's Prisoner. A lot of what will happen will not make sense unless you go and read the first story.
 
Kiyomi: Kiyo means pure and mi means beautiful. I was thinking Kiyomiko, (pure, beautiful child) but it felt to long…
 
I'll be trying to add more Japanese words in this story and possibly some of the original manga (changed of course) So that Sesshomaru gets his arm back, Naraku gets to take his huge spider form, Inu-Yasha gets the Meidou Zangetsuha.
 
Preview for the next chapter:

“Come on Shippo!” Kiyomi yelled with a wave of her arm. She laughed as her older brother raced after her. She grinned a huge grin and did the cartwheel he had taught her. Kanna was close behind, floating more then running. She was smiling softly, but more for Shippo then Kiyomi. “You said you'd show me something special!” Kiyomi said as Shippo jumped up and over Kiyomi, landing in front of her.
“And I will, but first you have to close your eyes.” Shippo said with his taunting grin.
Kiyomi pouted but didn't argue. She closed her eyes and felt Shippo take her hand. Kanna gently took her other hand and the two of them lead her forward. “You'll have to crouch, we're not supposed to be here,” Shippo whispered. Kiyomi focused on her senses and heard a slight lift in the air.
Her estimation was that they were close to the cliffs to the south of her father's palace. She did as Shippo said, knowing full well they weren't supposed to be this far from the palace…or at least she wasn't. Shippo and Kanna were both old enough to take care of themselves while she was still too young to fight. She felt Kanna and Shippo crawl forward slowly and she did too.
“Ok, open your eyes!” Shippo whispered. Kiyomi opened her eyes and gasped. There on the road, were her mother, father, uncle Sesshomaru, aunt Kagura, aunt Sango, and uncle Miroku. They seemed to be waiting for something.
Kanna adjusted her mirror so they could hear what was being said. “He should be here soon. He said he would,” Lady Kagome said while biting her lower lip. “It's been 6 years since we last saw him.”
Lord Naraku nodded. “He hasn't been back since his visit to see Kiyomi when she was a year old.”
Lord Sesshomaru stood there with his arm down by his side. Kagura stood by his side, the side where he had lost his arm.
Out in the distance, a cloud of dust was forming. It came closer and closer by the second and Kagome started to look excited.
As Kiyomi, Kanna, and Shippo watched, a white haired demon ran into view. He was wearing red and on the top of his head were what looked like dog-ears. Kiyomi tilted her head to the side. Who was that and why were everyone so excited to see him? Even Shippo was tense with excitement. Kanna was as impassive as ever though Kiyomi saw a glimmer in her eyes.
“Who is that Shippo?” Kiyomi asked softly.
“That's Inu-Yasha”