InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Child ❯ Important Guests and Birthday Games ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha or any of the original characters. I do not own the original Inu-Yasha plot. What I do own are my ideas, original characters, and my creative mind.
 
Naraku's Child
Chapter 1: Important Guests and Birthday Games
By Ethril Dragon
 
Kiyomi giggled silently and hid under the bush as she watched her guard look around for her. She grinned and stayed as still as possible until finally her guard moved away. This game was her favorite. She would hide from her guards and they would run around looking for her. Only after several hours of searching, would they find her with one of her older siblings. She was very good at hiding. She was able to mask her scent so that she smelled like her surroundings. The only person who could ever find her, was Kanna.
Kiyomi very slowly crept out from underneath the bush she had been hiding under. She glanced around before standing up and brushing off her kimono. She looked around, her eyes scanning the area before she made a mad dash for the door leading into her father's palace.
Before she was able to make it, strong arms wrapped around her midsection and lifted her up. She squirmed and looked over her shoulder at her rather tall father.
“And where are you off too my little escape artist?” Naraku asked as he carried his small daughter into the palace.
“I was going to find Kanna,” Kiyomi said with a big, innocent smile. She squirmed in her fathers arms until she was free of them, and then proceeded to scramble up onto his shoulder. She was still small enough to be carried on his shoulder.
Naraku laughed softly and shook his head. “Kanna is busy right now Kiyomi, you'll have to find something else to do.”
Kiyomi pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. “There's nothing fun to do anymore,” Kiyomi said with a huff. “Shippo is always training, Kanna is always helping mommy, mommy is always busy running the palace, and you're busy with whatever you do,” Kiyomi wrapped her arms around her father's head and sniffled.
Naraku sighed and moved his arms so he picked up his daughter and held her upside down. “That's what happens when you're grown up koi.”
Kiyomi giggled as her father swung her down and held her upside down. “Then I never want to grow up!” She announced and started swinging back and forth in Naraku's arms.
Naraku chuckled again. “You won't be saying that when you grow up and find a man you love.”
Kiyomi stuck out her tongue and crossed her arms over her chest again. “That's yucky! I don't want to marry some icky man!”
Naraku couldn't help but chuckle louder. He knew she wouldn't believe that when she was older. She would meet someone she loved and she would want to mate with him. The only problem was, would he be willing to let her go?
“Why don't you go get ready for lunch? Then you need to go bath and get dressed in something nice,” Naraku said as he set his daughter down. “We have important guests coming today.”
Kiyomi looked up at her father adoringly and then ran off, her arms spread out around her as she laughed.
She laughed while she ran towards her room, which was next to Shippo's. She was laughing so hard that she didn't notice Shippo until he tackled her in the hallway. Kiyomi eeped and fell onto her side, rolling as she did so that she tried to roll on top of Shippo. “What was that for oniichan?” Kiyomi said with a pout.
Shippo laughed and stood up, letting Kiyomi stand up as well. “I have a surprise for you,” He said mysteriously.
Kiyomi perked up immediately and her pout disappeared. “Surprise? What surprise?” Instantly she was reaching into Shippo's pockets to find her surprise.
Shippo grinned and dodged away from her hands. “You can't get your surprise till tomorrow.”
Kiyomi pouted but walked into her room. “It better be good!” she said as she closed her door.
Shippo laughed and went into his own room to change. “Oh it will be, you'll see!”
 
`Father was right, important guests are here for dinner!' Kiyomi thought happily as she sat next to her friends Rin and Kohaku. She was so happy! The adults were sitting at the other end of the table and she got to sit with her best friends in the whole world!
They were talking, eating, and having an overall good time.
“Father says we will be staying here for a few days,” Rin said as she sat up straight and covertly looked over at Kohaku.
Kohaku blushed as his and Rin's eyes met. They both looked away quickly. Kiyomi noticed their behavior and swore to herself to ask Kanna or Shippo about it later. Maybe it was just a big kid thing.
Then again…They were a lot older then her. Once again Kiyomi realized just how much younger she was. She was turning 7 soon and everyone else were in their late teens. But she was turning 7 soon! Maybe that's why everyone had come to visit! Kiyomi perked right back up.
She started humming happily to herself the birthday tune her mother had been singing for her ever since she could remember. The others were mostly talking around her now.
Yup, her birthday was just around the corner. `Shippo's surprise probably has something to do with my birthday!' she thought excitedly. `But he said I'd get it tomorrow…is my birthday tomorrow?' she could never really remember when her birthday was exactly, but her family did. `So if Shippo got me a surprise then…Tomorrow's my birthday!' Kiyomi felt like squealing but contained herself.
Shippo sighed softly. `Looks like she remembered what tomorrow is,' he thought as he looked over at Kanna. Kanna wasn't eating much, she never did.
 
Dinner ended like it normally did, with the adults telling the children it was time for bed. Only Kohaku stayed behind. Naraku almost had to order Kiyomi to go to bed, but Shippo was able to get her to follow him.
“Are the preparations ready?” Sesshomaru asked as Kohaku took a seat next to his mother and father.
“Absolutely,” Naraku replied as the adults watched each other. “Everything is ready for tomorrow.”
“They better be,” That was all Sesshomaru said as he stood and headed towards his guest quarters. Kagura stood and bowed to Naraku and the others before following her mate.
Naraku sighed and shook his head. “He'll never change will he?”
“I'm sure he might one day Naraku,” Miroku said as his now uncursed “cursed” hand wandered over to the very lovely backside of his wife.
Sango froze and then her hand swung around, slapping Miroku hard in the face. “HENTAI!” She yelled while jumping up.
“Some things never change,” Kagome said as she watched her friends fondly.
“Some things will never change,” Naraku said, agreeing with his mate.
 
“Come on Shippo!” Kiyomi yelled with a wave of her arm. She laughed as her older brother raced after her. She grinned a huge grin and did the cartwheel he had taught her. Kanna was close behind, floating more then running. She was smiling softly, but more for Shippo then Kiyomi. “You said you'd show me something special!” Kiyomi said as Shippo jumped up and over Kiyomi, landing in front of her.
“And I will, but first you have to close your eyes.” Shippo said with his taunting grin.
Kiyomi pouted but didn't argue. She closed her eyes and felt Shippo take her hand. Kanna gently took her other hand and the two of them lead her forward. “You'll have to crouch, we're not supposed to be here,” Shippo whispered. Kiyomi focused on her senses and heard a slight lift in the air.
Her estimation was that they were close to the cliffs to the south of her father's palace. She did as Shippo said, knowing full well they weren't supposed to be this far from the palace…or at least she wasn't. Shippo and Kanna were both old enough to take care of themselves while she was still too young to fight. She felt Kanna and Shippo crawl forward slowly and she did too.
“Ok, open your eyes!” Shippo whispered. Kiyomi opened her eyes and gasped. There on the road, were her mother, father, uncle Sesshomaru, aunt Kagura, aunt Sango, and uncle Miroku. They seemed to be waiting for something.
Kanna adjusted her mirror so they could hear what was being said. “He should be here soon. He said he would,” Lady Kagome said while biting her lower lip. “It's been 6 years since we last saw him.”
Lord Naraku nodded. “He hasn't been back since his visit to see Kiyomi when she was a year old.”
Lord Sesshomaru stood there with his arm down by his side. Kagura stood by his side, the side where he had lost his arm.
Out in the distance, a cloud of dust was forming. It came closer and closer by the second and Kagome started to look excited.
As Kiyomi, Kanna, and Shippo watched, a white haired demon ran into view. He was wearing red and on the top of his head were what looked like dog-ears. Kiyomi tilted her head to the side. Who was that and why was everyone so excited to see him? Even Shippo was tense with excitement. Kanna was as impassive as ever though Kiyomi saw a glimmer in her eyes.
“Who is that Shippo?” Kiyomi asked softly.
“That's Inu-Yasha”
“Who's Inu-Yasha?” Kiyomi asked as she watched the silver haired stranger interact with the adults. Rin and Kohaku were down there too.
“Inu-Yasha is an old friend of everyone, from before you were born!” Shippo said as he bit his lip. He wasn't supposed to talk about what had happened in the past, especially around Kiyomi. Both Naraku and Kagome had forbidden him from mentioning it. Something about it would confuse and hurt Kiyomi.
Kiyomi watched as the adults welcomed Inu-Yasha, and then leading him towards the palace.
“Come on, we better get back before we're spotted.”
`To late,' Kiyomi thought as the silver haired hanyo looked up and at her. She could have sworn their eyes met, but she couldn't tell, they were far enough away for just a passing glance.
But she got up and followed her older brother and sister. “What's he like?” She asked as she skipped up to walk beside them.
Shippo thought for a few minutes. “Last I saw him, he was rash, loud, stubborn, annoying, and an overall idiot,” Kiyomi heard past the insults.
“Sounds like you really like him.”
Shippo chuckled and shrugged. “You could say that.”
Kiyomi continued to watch her older brother as they snuck back towards the castle. The three of them were supposed to have stayed in their rooms, or at least she was. Kanna and Shippo were typically allowed to do what they wanted when they weren't in lessons, training, or doing chores. It's just momma had asked them to stay in the castle until everyone returned.
`What is Shippo not telling me?' Kiyomi thought as she half skipped back to her room. `It has to do with before I was born…but what could it be?' she continued to wonder as she half paid attention as her nursemaid walked in with a really nice looking kimono in her arms.
In fact, Kiyomi didn't even realize her nursemaid had her washed up and changed into her formal kimono until her nursemaid left the room.
Kiyomi stood there, stunned for a few minutes. She blinked several times before finally it dawned on her what had happened. “Eww! I hate dressing up!” She complained to herself as she looked down at the fancy kimono she was now wearing. Kiyomi stuck her tongue out and was tempted to pull it off and put on her favorite blue kimono when her door opened.
Kiyomi looked over her shoulder and a large grin spread across her face when she say her mother. “Momma!” Kiyomi yelled as she launched herself at her mother.
Kagome laughed and grabbed her daughter before Kiyomi knocked her over. “Are you ready to eat sweat heart?” Kagome asked with a large smile of her own.
Kiyomi, matching her mothers grin, nodded and completely forgot about how much she hated the kimono she was wearing.
“We've got a big surprise for you sweet heart, do you remember what day it is?” Kagome asked as she carried her growing daughter towards the feasting hall.
Kiyomi laughed. “Of course I know! It's my birthday!”
Kagome smiled. “Do you know how old you'll be?” she asked as they drew closer to the doors.
“I'll be seven!” Kiyomi said proudly as her mother placed her hand on the door.
Kagome smiled and kissed her daughter on her head. “Close your eyes dear.”
“Is it for my surprise?” Kiyomi asked, her eyes wide open.
Kagome laughed and nodded. “Yes dear, for your surprise.”
Kiyomi squeezed her eyes shut and heard her mom open the door. “Alright, open your eyes.”
Kiyomi opened her eyes and smiled as all her friends and family yelled surprise. `Not much of a surprise since I knew something was going to happen!' she thought as her mother set her down. Kiyomi raced over to her father's open arms. Her father flung her up into the air and caught her just as easily.
 
The party was wonderful for Kiyomi. There was laughter, singing, games, dancing, playing, large amounts of sweets, and of course presents. Kagome had insisted on many of her times birthday customs. Which included the birthday song much to Kiyomi's pleasure.
The only thing that stood out was the white haired demon that had arrived earlier that day. Kiyomi glanced at him from time to time, and caught him openly staring at her a couple of those times. He didn't participate heavily, but he did talk to the other adults. Kiyomi was starting to feel a little disrespected after the cake was cut.
`He didn't even sing!' she thought as she finished her third slice. `He could at least pretend to be enjoying my birthday party! The other adults are!' even Sesshomaru was participating more then the new comer named Inu-Yasha.
Kiyomi snuck over to Inu-Yasha while no one was looking and stood behind him for several minutes until he finally sighed and turned around.
“What is it kid?” Inu-Yasha asked, his hands in his sleeves.
Kiyomi frowned at the white haired demon for several seconds, just glaring at him. “Why didn't you sing?” She finally asked with an upset tone and a pout.
Inu-Yasha almost took a step back in surprise. `She's a lot like Kagome was,' he thought as he looked down at the seven year old girl that was Kagome's daughter. “I don't sing shrimp.”
Kiyomi puffed out her cheeks and glared harder. “I'm not a shrimp!” she said, her fist in the air in challenge. By this time a couple of the adults had noticed and Kiyomi's parents were told.
“Behave Kiyomi,” Naraku said as he walked up to his daughter and Inu-Yasha.
Kiyomi pouted and held out her arms to her father. “But he called me a shrimp! And he didn't sing my birthday song!” Naraku sighed and picked up his daughter. Naraku wasn't sure where she got this side of her personality from.
“Inu-Yasha doesn't sing sweet heart,” Kagome said as she approached. “And Inu-Yasha used to call Shippo a shrimp when he was younger as well.”
Kiyomi stopped struggling and glaring and blinked in surprise. “Really? Shippo let Inu-Yasha call him a shrimp?”
Kagome laughed nervously but didn't tell her what Shippo really did whenever Inu-Yasha name called.
“Soo…it's just a game?” Kiyomi said slowly, looking from her mother to her father for a reassuring nod. When her father nodded and then her mother, Kiyomi did a completely 180 emotions wise.
`Games are fun. If this is a game, then that means Inu-Yasha is trying to play!' What sounded similar to Naraku's kukuku came from Kiyomi and Kagome suddenly had a bad feeling for Inu-Yasha.
“Play time!” Kiyomi yelled as she pulled free from her father and launched herself onto the unsuspecting Inu-Yasha. She ended on clinging onto his back as Inu-Yasha flailed haphazardly.
“Get this pipsqueak off of me!” He yelled as Kiyomi giggled madly. No one moved to help, though there was a lot of laughter as everyone watched Kiyomi attempting to “play” with Inu-Yasha.
“Um…shouldn't we do something?” Rin asked nervously as Inu-Yasha finally got a hold of Kiyomi and was now attempting to hold her still.
Shippo snorted and shook his head. “He won't actually hurt her, I did the same thing to him.”
The event went on for another good five minutes until Kagome went to take her daughter from Inu-Yasha, who at that point had been holding Kiyomi upside down. Being a spider demon, it had been easy to climb around on Inu-Yasha as well as avoid his hands.
Kiyomi was still laughing happily when she was removed from Inu-Yasha by her mother. She was a little out of breath, but the game she had just played had made Inu-Yasha into a better person in her eyes.
“Alright Kiyomi, I think that's enough playing for now,” Kagome said with an apologetic smile to Inu-Yasha, who was muttering and cursing under his breath.
“Aah, but we were having fun playing!” Kiyomi said as she relaxed in her mother's arms.
Kiyomi looked up at her mother with her red eyes. Kagome sighed and shook her head. “Don't you want to open your gifts though?”
Once again Kiyomi's current emotion was overridden and she squirmed until she was out of her mother's arms and over at the gifts.
“She is way too much like you sometimes,” Inu-Yasha said to Kagome.
Kagome stuck her nose in the air. “You never knew me as a child, so how would you know?”
Inu-Yasha smirked. “Because Souta used to act like that too. It's obvious she got it from your side of the family.”
Naraku laughed and gently grasped his mates hand to lead her over to their happy daughter.
Inu-Yasha stayed behind, content just to watch everyone else enjoy the festivities. His eyes landed on the small child that looked exceedingly like Kagome, except for the red eyes. She was so small, but her smile lit up the entire room.
He had to leave, and soon.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: well it has been awhile. College has been controlling my life for quite some time now and I've only recently been able to continue work on this story as well as A New Twist.
 
Oh and a side note: In my stories, Naraku has a thing for names that start with “K”.
 
Preview of next chapter:
 
“Kiyomi, father wants to speak with you,” The younger boy said as he ran up to his older sister. Behind him was his twin sister.
Kiyomi smiled and put the drawing she had been working on down. “Did he say why Kibuki?”
Kibuki scratched then shook his head. Kamori walked up shyly behind her brother. “He's in his study. Father seems very serious today. Something seems to be bothering him.
Kiyomi examined her younger siblings. All three of them were different.
She herself was a mix of both their parents, Kibuki took after their father, and Kamori was a miniature of their mother. The twins both had brown eyes, much to the happiness of their father.
Kiyomi sighed and nodded. “Alright, I'll go see what father wants.” She stood and bopped both Kibuki and Kamori on the heads, something Shippo had done to her when they were young.
`Shippo…' Kiyomi smiled slightly. While she was just turning 16 he was already an adult and had mated with Kanna. They weren't having kits for awhile, since they were both still rather young as far as demonic age was concerned. After mating, they had moved out into their own home just a few miles away. Father had said it was so Shippo could get used to taking care of his own village and grow up a little more.
Deep in her own thoughts, she didn't realize she was in front of her father's study until she heard his voice within. He was talking to someone.
Kiyomi pressed her ear to the door, curiosity getting the better of her.
“Naraku, I still don't see why we should be concerned with this now. Just…Just send the suitors away,” Kiyomi heard her mother say.
Kiyomi heard a soft sigh from her father. “I have been doing just that, but the suitors are no longer lower nobles. The son of the southern clan's Lord has asked for her hand now.”
“She's too young!”