InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Halloween ❯ the beginning of the haunting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Naraku’s Halloween

I do not own any of the characters in this story.

A, hopefully, different Naraku Story . . .

____________________


Naraku’s Castle


early morning . . .

“Kagura!” Naraku yells! “Come here, now!”

“Lord, do you wish me to enter your bedroom?” Kagura asks through the sliding door outside Naraku’s sleeping quarters.

“Yes! Now!”

Kagura opens the door and enters the room. As she looks around, she quickly raises her fan to cover her mouth. It would not do for Naraku to see her smile.

Naraku is covered in webs. Nararku is stuck in bed. He and his futon have been webbed down to the ground. The webs are all tangled together, he tried to get out before yelling for Kagura, but failed. (Think spider-man and criminals)

Naraku spits out some web as he shouts, “Stop covering your mouth and use that fan to cut these damned webs! So I can get up!”


“Of course, lord.” Kagura manages to straighten her mouth before lowering her fan and gently cuts the webs with it.

As Naraku stands up, “Burn that futon.” He grits out. “Spread the word, when I find out who did that.” He pauses, “I’m going to discover new ways to torture a person to death.”

**************

a couple of hours later . . .

Kohaku approaches Kagura. “He wants everyone in the audience room. Now.”

“What’s it about?”

“This morning.” Kohaku’s mouth twitches, “and at breakfast.”

Kagura left eyebrow raises, “Breakfast?”

“His rice bowl shattered. Rice went everywhere.”

Kagura’s mouth twitches.”AH, I see.” She glances in the direction of the entrance of the castle and concentrates her mystic senses. ‘Hmmm . . . the mystic shields around the castle are still in place. So, either we’ve got a practical joker, or there is a very strong ghost in the castle.’ She thinks.

***********

Audience chamber. Naraku, Kagura, Kohaku and Kanna are the only ones in the chamber.

“You three are the only beings in this castle that have enough free will to do something like this morning.” Naraku says in a low menacing voice. “So. Which one of you did it?”

“Sir. I did not do it. There are men in the castle that can tell you where I was all night.” Kagura says.

“Sir. I slept in my quarters all night.” Kohaku says with his eyes on the floor.

Kanna shakes her head no. Then she points to Naraku’s robe.

Naraku glances at the robe and sees the thread holding it together being unraveled as he looks. He shifts his senses to look at the mystical side of the world, and to his shock, there is no connection to the three in front of him.

He sees a ghostly hand unraveling his clothes. “I thought that I ordered shields against ghosts.” He growls out.

“The mystical shields against ghosts are in place, lord. I looked at them as I was summoned.” Kagura says.

Naraku grabs his disintegrating clothes and says, “Follow me.”

He leaves the room and goes to the entrance of the castle. As he walked through the halls, the three from the audience chamber followed, and various guards in the hallways, also follow him.

Naraku looks at the various mystical scrolls around the door. Included in them is the spell that shields the castle from wandering ghosts. He glares at that scroll. ‘It’s still working. So, why is there a ghost in the castle?’ He thinks. ‘That doesn’t really matter.’

“Kanna.”

She approaches and bows her head.

“Find the ghost in your mirror. I want to see it.”

Kanna brings out her mirror and holds it up and twists it around until the ghost’s reflection is in the mirror.

The ghost looks like a small boy, perhaps a couple of years younger than Kohaku, he is wearing just a simple peasant kimono. Like all ghosts, his legs below the knees fade into mist.

He is hovering just over Naraku’s head.

“There is he, sir!” Kohaku says as he points.

When he sees that people know where he is at . . . the boy smiles . . .

He opens his kimono and . . .

A foot or so above Naraku’s head a yellow stream of urine begins to fall on Nararku’s head . . .

“Kanna” steam rises from Naraku’s head as he speaks, “I order you to use your mirror and absorb this ghost. Then destroy it for all time.”

Kanna looks into her mirror. She examines it in various ways. Then she lowers the mirror and bows her head.

“What do you mean? It will not work. One of the powers of that mirror is to absorb souls.” Naraku says between gritted teeth. “I am going to clean up. I will be in the audience chamber afterward. You have until then to come up with an explanation.” He quickly leaves for the bath house.

***********

Later in the audience chamber. Naraku is in new, clean clothes . . . Kagura, Kohaku and a few guards are also in the room.

Kanna enters the room, behind her is an old human male. He has on a leash and he stumbles as he enters into the room.

“Who is this?” Naraku asks.

The man flops onto the ground and speaks with his face on the ground. “Lord and Master, I was the castle’s astrologer before you assumed power.”

“Hmm. Oh, yes, I sent you to the dungeons and tested some odd torture methods on you.”

“Yes, lord and master.”

“Why, then, are you before me.”

“Lord and master, the stars control everything.” He pauses. “And I’ve done a quick horoscope of your servant, Kanna, and I have determined that because of the stars, the mirror in her possession will not work as well as it normally does.”

With an angry expression on his face, Naraku demands, “You are saying that the mirror won’t work.”

“No, Lord and Master. It will still work, but it powers are diminished at present.” He says in a soft voice.

“How long will this last?”

“Until the moon renews itself next week, lord and master.”

Naraku stares at the man as he lays in front of him. “After the tortures I put you through, there is no way that you are lying to me.”

“I would never do that, Lord and Master!” the man says.

“So, since you are telling me the truth, then, Kanna, next week it had better work.” Naraku stares hard at Kanna. Kanna bows to her master.

“Remove this human trash from my presence.”

“Kanna show me that ghost again, since the mirror will, at least, do that.” Nararku orders after the men leaves the room.

Kanna uses her mirror to show Naraku the ghostly boy.

When he sees himself in the mirror, the boy pulls down his eyelid, showing the red skin underneath (although is this case it’s more pale white) and he sticks his tongue out at Naraku.

‘Hmmm . . . ’ Naraku thinks, ‘why? I’ve killed many people as Onigumo and as myself. I know that there are ghosts wanting vengeance against me. That is why there are mystical spells around the house which prevents ghosts from entering. So how did he get in and why? Forget the why, I killed him and he wants vengeance. Wait . . . ’ Naraku stares at the boy. ‘Perhaps if I remember how I killed him?’

He racks his memory for a couple of minutes trying to locate the child’s face in the memories of the people he’s killed.

“Ah! Now I remember.” Naraku exclaims after a couple of minutes.

“Sir?” Kagura asks.

“It was before you. I had just found out about the shards and was tracking down the second one I acquired.” He nods as he remembers. “I was still having problems tracking down the aura of the shards, so I had to use crude methods to locate it.”

“It had been found by a monastery and they were trying to purify it. Fools.” He grins. “Anyway, I found out and attacked the place. However, the Abbott had the time to hide it. So, I tortured this boy.” He points to the ghost. “In front of the Abbott, his father.” The smile on Naraku’s face grows. “He had a wonderful expression on his face as the boy screamed.”

Naraku’s smile fades, “but . . . ” he nods. “Yes, that must be it. I promised to give the child a decent burial and then the Abbott told me where the shard was.”

“You didn’t do it, did you, lord?” Kagura asks.

“Of course not. I burned the place to the ground. The burned bodies were left too rot.”

Naraku glares at the ghostly boy. “And, I’m not going do change that.” Naraku says in a challenging tone of voice.

The ghostly boy glares back. He nods at Naraku.

Challenge accepted.

_________________________

Hmmm . . . I’ll stop the first chapter there.

My plan for this story . . . Post chapter 2 ( humor/horror mix?) Oct 28

Post the final chapter 3 (more horror/gore/violence) on Oct 31.

While I do have some scenes in mind, however, I’ve got no problems stealing scenes/jokes . . .

So . . . What should the ghost child do as he haunts Naraku?

Oh about horoscopes and Naraku’s easy acceptance of that explanation. Horoscopes are believed. They are the truth. Understanding the stars, may be difficult, but they always tell the truth. Every castle/town/village would have at least one astrologer and he would be a very important person. People would consult their horoscopes on a daily basis and do what it says as a regular occurrence. Horoscopes are true...


thank you for reading
jeff shelton