InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Never forget where forth you came ❯ Getting to know them ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ah yes, I know I haven't updated in a while. This is the 3rd chapter, or second if you count the first as a prologue. No one reviewed for my mediaminer story and 3 people reviewed for my fanfiction one. Please review. I really need the reviews right now.

Chapter 3

Rin's P.O.V

"Mom," yelled Kyra from the passenger side of Suki's car, "let's go. Stop day-dreaming." Shaking my head I strode over to my amber GT 3000 and got into the passenger seat. A while back everyone had pitched in and got it for me for my birthday. There were five cars in all, my GT 3000, which Jimmy was driving; Rome's Mitsubishi Spider; and Suki's Mazda XJ 220.The other two were Brian's. His Evolution; which Tej was driving, and the somehow he had gotten his Skyline back.

Samanosuke was currently seated next to Tej while Van had gotten in next to Rome. All of them sped off looking for demons to kill. The night was going pretty well when out of the blue, four giant Baguwasshas (really big monsters with a Really Big Axe) dropped down surrounding them. There would be one for each of them and even though she knew that they're more than capable to take care of themselves, she still worry about her pups.

Kyra took down the first Baguwassha. As it swung his axe around, she summoned her Hyoujin-Yari and blocked. Using its magic attack, Kyra blasted a funnel of ice at the giant genma. When it was caught off guard she grabbed on to its axe. Using it as a propeller she jumped kicked him in the face. While he was down she took the opportunity to stab him through the heart with her spear.

Her brother on the other hand was easily dodging all attacks done to him with ease. Unlike his sister, Van played with his enemies before he killed them. As the axe came down over him, he raised a poisonous barrier. The axe slowly melted into a puddle of muck. Enraged the monster grabbed for him but missed when Van skillfully dove between his legs and took out Dokutsui. He gripped the heavy hammer and as the Baguwassha turned around he swung it around, sending the creature off balance. To try and balance him, he grabbed something and that something happened to be Van. Fortunately the young hanyou saw the movement and jumped up. He landed on the genma's arm and instead of kicking him in his head as he fell he grabbed onto its neck. Using the poison he inherited from his father he easily decapitated the Baguwassha's head.

Samanosuke was doing a great job at both blocking and parrying the genma's blows. He was using his lightning sword, the Raizan, for it's quick speed and powerful hits. He ducked under the large axe and moved in for the kill. Switching the light Raizan for the more heavier fire sword Kouen, he used some of its magic to easily light the Baguwassha on fire and let it burn to ashes.

Rin, herself, was dealing with the large foe easily. A companion she had 14 years ago, Kotaro Fuma, was a ninja and had taught her some the ninjutsu ways. Thankfully, she hadn't gotten rusty over the years. The swift kicks mixed with the slashing of her lightning kunai-like weapons kept the beast off-balanced. Finally, she jumped into the ledge above the creature and watched the stupidity of it unfold. The Baguwassha raised its axe to hit her but she jumped away at the last moment. The axe came down and she slightly cringed as the gigantic genma cracked his own skull in two.

"Nice one Kaasan," said Kyra as she walked toward the decomposing corpse of the Baguwassha. The one she had fought had already let go of the souls, so there was nothing left of it. All of the souls were absorbed when Suki got out of the car and walked towards them. Usually, Rin and Samanosuke would go out to destroy the genma while Kyra, Van and the others searched for survivors. Today, however, Samanosuke would go with Kyra and Rin would go with Van. Bothe groups would destroy genma and search for survivors while Tej, Suki, Brian, Rome, and Jimmy would stay with the cars and look for anything suspicious. The others didn't seem to like that idea very much.

"What do you mean by stay here and look for anything unusual," yelled Roman, "what happens if those things come and attack us."

"That's what the car's for numb-nuts," said Suki knocking him on hi head. She pushed her blonde hair out of her eyes. "While you're gone, we'll see if their any old stores around, we can get some batteries for Van's laptop and some phone cards for the cell. If there aren't any spoiled foods, I'll bring some back to put in the cooler. That genma magic is something else.

When Samanosuke or Rin used the genma magic on items, they allowed them to pass through into a dimensional whole to be saved for later. They had a number of coolers so they didn't exactly run out of food or drink. They also had a lot of duffel bags full of clothes, shoes and other necessities. You could summon the dimensional hole anytime you needed it, with a snap of your fingers. It was quite convenient.

"You do that," said Samanosuke. Van and Rin left in a northern direction while Kyra and Samanosuke took the most eastern approach. It was decided that one demon would accompany an oni warrior. That way they could sniff out any survivors that could be trapped. In the earlier days, it had a number of survivors. They had found a large number of them and had dropped off to one of the safe houses. Today, however, was going to be a tad bit different.

"22 bottles of beer on the wall, 22 bottles of beer. You take one up; toss it up around 21 bottles of beer on the wall. 21 bottles of-"

"Shut up," yelled Tej as he leaned onto the Evo. "I know that you're bored, but that doesn't give you're the right to annoy us too." Suki, Brian, and Jimmy gave Tej a thankful look. Rome had been going at it for hours. First, was the song that doesn't end, then the 'I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves' then he moved on to 99 bottles of beer on the wall. The group had just about had enough. Samanosuke, Rin, and the kids had been gone for quite a while and had left them alone with a bored Rome. Needless to say, if Tej hadn't opened up his mouth, the dark skinned racer would have lasted much longer.

The two started to argue much to the other three's dismay and they tried to tune as much as it out as possible. They had been doing a great job at it when Jimmy heard a slight noise. He listened again and there it was, this time slightly louder. "Guys," he called out, "guys." The noise continued and kept getting louder. By this time, Brian and Suki had realized what Jimmy was yelling about.

"Hey bro, Tej something's coming this way, we gotta get out of here." That did it. The two were in the cars, pronto, getting their engines started.

"Oh yeah, just leave us here to die," said Suki sarcastically as she got into her Mazda. They turned the corner not a moment to soon as something large, ugly and carrying a giant club exploded into view. Brian was able to take a quick picture of it from where he had the Skyline parked before they all drove off.

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Uncle Sam, nice axe." Kyra admired Samanosuke's newly required Chigo. The axe was embedded with the element of earth. Even though it was heavy and slow to swing around, it was more powerful than all of his weapons. They had found it in an abandoned warehouse that was pretty much totaled. They weren't going to stop but the gauntlet started to glow an earth brown. It had eventually led them to the newfound orb.

"Thank you Kyra, but I believe it's time we started to get back to the others. "Samanosuke was right. Both of them knew Rin well enough to know that she would be worried sick. They were leaving the metallic graveyard when Kyra's nose and ears detected movement and the scent of human flesh.

"Wait Uncle Sam, I smell human flesh, living human flesh." She quickly ran down a small ramp to the location of the scent. It was buried deep under a pile of rubble. Kyra started to move the junk and dig was fast as she could. When Samanosuke got there, he too started to dig. It had been almost an hour when they finally saw a hand poking up from a small hole. Grabbing it, Kyra heisted the man out of the hole. Samanosuke followed moments later with an older woman, most likely the boy's mother.

"Shouldn't we be going back to the others they might be worried about us," asked Van as he and his mother walked farther into the rubble that was once Tampa Bay, Florida. Like Samanosuke , Rin had also picked up a new weapon. It was fitting for where they had found it. The gauntlet had reacted near an old water amusement park. Needless to say, the son and mother team had to take a very cold swim. The weapon was not what they had expected. Simply put, it looked like a pair of fingerless gloves. Trying them on, Rin decided to test them on the stupid group of genma that had the audacity to attack them. The gloves increased her strength ten-fold and even Van was amazed with what she could do with them.

"Then a band of Oowassha(smaller cousins of the Baguwassha) had the nerve to attack them. She decided that she was in a sharing mood. Powering up, she let loose the Kaourei's magical power. She punched an Oowassha and a great tsunami shot from her hand and engulfed the axe wielding genma. Staring at her fist in astonishment, Rin was amazed her newly found orbs power. It was quite powerful for only being on level one.

"Hey Kaasan, I think we've got a survivor. Then again," said Van sniffing the air, "make that two." The fourteen-year-old hanyou had taken off when he had given his mother the news. Fortunately, he didn't run too fast and Rin was easily able to catch up to him. Van led them to a room full of animal cells. "Hey anyone here, answer me people. Please!!!" At this note Rin turned to him and gave him a look that solely said to stop playing around. Before his mother could scold him further a voice answered his yell.

"Yes, please help us. We're stuck in one of the cells, the genma locked us in here." They immediately found the voice and were surprised by what they saw. It was a woman and a young boy dressed in a traditional Japanese kimono, gi, and hakama. An electric power lock securely locked the door. That didn't stop Van however as he lodged his claws into it and ripped it apart, not even wincing as the electricity shot through his hands.

"Are you all right," they asked as they helped the young boy and the woman out of the cell. They nodded and then finally they noticed the silver and gold gauntlet gleaming of Rin's wrist.

"Watch out," yelled Van as he grabbed the young boy out of the way. A moment later, Tej ripped around the corner and stopped in the place where he was standing. "Hey Uncle Tej, what do you think you're almost ran over our survivor," said Van.

"Yeah Tej, with allies like you who needs the genma," Rin added laughing at the look on Tej's face.

"Ha, ha, ha," laughed Tej sarcastically as he rolled down the window. "Hurry up and get in, Samanosuke found two survivors as well." He turned to look at the two traditionally clad Japanese people and frowned, "isn't it a bit to early for Halloween?"

"Halloween??" Rin and Van looked at each other with a questioning look until they turned to look at the two traditionally clad Japanese people. "Oh this is-"

"Yumemaru, Princess Yuki." Yelled Samanosuke as he ran out of the Mazda. It was then that Rin noticed who was sitting in the back seat.

"Mrs. Higurashi, Souta!"

For those who don't know, Princess Yuki and Yumemaru are cousins to Samanosuke with Yumemaru being an adoptive cousin. I know I said last chapter I was going to put some Sessho in the next one but I'm going to have to put it back one chapter. There was a lot I wanted to put in.