InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New Developments ❯ Midoriko ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Midoriko
Kagome climbed out of the well into the fresh, untainted summer air of the Sengoku Jidai. It's been awhile since she last saw her beloved friends. Just 3 weeks ago Kagome threatened Inuyasha that she would seal the well and never come back if he went back to get her. For those weeks she had been in training. She trained mostly her miko powers to the point that rivaled that of her sensei, Midoriko.
Not only did Kagome spend everyday in deep meditation and she practicing her bow and arrows constantly, she also learned how to fight with a sword, a little hand to hand combat and learned a few useful spells. During the weeks of harsh training she learned how to purify her weapons other than her arrows. Even during Kagome's sleep she would train. Midoriko, who contacted her a few weeks ago, would help greatly with her spiritual powers.
Flashback
After a long expedition for the search of the jewel shards and a small battle with one of Naraku's detachments, the group was dead tired and headed to bed. They were in Kaede's hut with a roaring fire still burning brightly and the lit firewood crackling quietly. Just moments ago they finished their dinner and now they were extremely exhausted. Knowing that they would sleep safely instead of the danger lurking forests, they readied themselves for a good night's sleep.
Shippo as usual, snuggled up to Kagome in her sleeping bag. She gladly took her adopted kit in her arms slowly running her fingers through his hair in a comforting manner as she watched him immediately go into an untroubled sleep. Kagome took a glance at the odd group of friends that she now considered family and her eyes rested on the figure sitting near the door.
He sat there with his legs crossed and the Tetsusaiga resting on his shoulder. He had his back towards the group as he looked through the door and into the forest. His adorable white doggie ears would swerve around from time to time trying to pick up any unusual sounds. She longed to touch his ears. They had to softest fur that she had every felt! It could almost compete with silk! His silvery white tresses were cascaded down his back.
She knew she fell hopelessly in love with this hanyou. Kagome had, just the day before, told Inuyasha what he meant to her hoping her feelings would be returned or that she would be turned down before it was too unbearable if he broke her heart.
What he said made her feel so happy. He had told her that she meant the world to him. (A/N: private conversation that took awhile... a long while... but thats what he meant and said:D) That he would always protect her. That she wasn't just a mere jewel detector but his first true friend and maybe more. And finally that he hoped that she would stay... stay with him after this whole mess and Naraku was done and over with.
That conversation had put tears into her eyes. Tears of joy. She had always hoped that somehow, somehow he would love her back for who she really was. And now that her feelings were returned, she knew she could stay here with him. Here in his time and live the rest of her life with him. She now knew that he wouldn't do anything to purposely hurt her.
That one memory left a smile tugging on her face as she herself dozed off to sleep and the land of dreams.
Kagome opened her eyes to the unfamiliar landscape. She was in a beautiful field which had low, untamed grass that had a few wild flowers growing here and there, and in front of her there lie a magnificent clear blue lake. Behind her was a dense green forest. Her surroundings had a familiar and pure sense to it although Kagome was pretty sure that she had never been here before.
“Wow this place is beautiful,” Kagome said, breath-taken by the scenery. Unaware there was a powerful presence loaming near by.
“Indeed it is child,” Kagome stiffened and whipped around trying to find the trusty bow she usually had near her to find the source of the voice of a young woman shaded in the shadows. She immediately started to panic when she realised that she didn't have her bow with her. Kagome eyed the figure, careful not to lower her guard and started to slowly back away from the probably hostile figure.
Kagome immediatly tensed when the figure raised their hand. But relaxed slightly at the gesture that she meant no harm but not fully trusting her.
"Relax child. I do not intend on harming you." The figure stepped fully out of the shadows and into the light revealing a young woman in her 20's. "My name is Midoriko."
Kagome let out a small gasp that the legendary miko, Midoriko was here in person... er... spirit... or whatever and talking to her!
"My- my name is Kagome." she said while she tried to regain her posture.
Midoriko was wearing the same alter that Kagome and her friends saw her in at the cave beside the now demolished demons slayer's village. She had long straight black hair that reached just past her waist. She had plain white and red miko garments which had a few sakura petals scattered as a design. Over her miko garments was her ancient old armour. Strapped around her waist was an old sheathed katana.
“Did you bring me here Midoriko?” asked Kagome.
“Yes child I did,” Midoriko answered.
“Is there something important that you wanted to tell me?” asked the now confused Kagome.
“Yes. I wanted to tell you that you are the rightful protector of the Shikon Jewel. You will need to train your Miko powers even further as there will be a great battle that will break out not long later. When you reached your 17th birthday you will experience many changes that may alter how you will want your future to turn out (A/N: Kagome has been travelling with Inuyasha for almost 2 years in this story). For that and many other reasons you will need the training.”
“Midoriko, what do you mean by changes? How do you know that I will change? And who's the battle with?” Kagome was as puzzled as ever. Confusion was clearly written across her delicate face.
“You will find out what changes in time child. As for how I know, I knew ever since the Shikon no Tama was embedded in your hip. I could sense it then that you were special and you weren't what you seemed to be. The battle will be the final battle between your group and Naraku's for the Shikon no Tama.”
“Ok… But how am I going to train my miko powers if that baka of a hanyou never lets me rest?” she whispered to no one in particular. Images of Inuyasha going ballistic were flashing through her mind and that wasn't one of the things on her to do list. Kagome shuddered at that thought. Nope definately not a to do thing.
“You'll find a way child. One more thing before I leave, I'll be able to talk to you telepathically and guide you from there as long as you have a piece of the Shikon no Tama with you and we will meet yet again in a dream like this one to train. Until then, good bye miko from the future and guardian of the Shikon no Tama,” Midoriko said before fading away.
Kagome woke up that morning as the warm rays of thesun shone on her face through Kaede's hut. `That was sure a strange dream. Was I really visited by Midoriko?' `Yes child that was no ordinary dream.' A voice said in Kagome's head. Kagome gave a small jump at the unexpected voice but soon enough she recognized the voice. `Midoriko! So it wasn't a dream! Well not an ordinary dream.' `Yes now you have to find a way to start training immediately.' `Hai.'
End of Flashback
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
(A/N: This is a story that I posted called `To Become a Demoness' but I didn't like the story title so I changed it. This is the first ever fanfic that I've written. Hope you R&R!)