InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New Developments ❯ Betrayal ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha)
 
Chapter 2: Betrayal
 

 
Kagome climbed out and sat on the rim with her new clothing. She wore a black miko outfit that she charmed for more protection. It was light yet can give her as much protection as armor can. On her waist there she strapped her katana that had a black sheath. On her back was now a new black backpack that held mostly clothing which she also charmed to be as tough as armor. She also had her short bow and a quiver full of arrows on her back. Her hair was braided elegantly and draped over her shoulder on the front to keep her long tresses out of her way. Her warm, chocolaty brown eyes held wisdom mixed with a certain soft kindness to them that would normally be lacking in a powerful priestess. Around her neck she had slightly over a quarter of the Shikon no Tama that shone brightly with its pureness.
 
 
She sat there staring at the cloudless sky and at the full moon. The night sky seems so pure, untouched by the pollution that is found in the air so frequently in her era. She missed how the stars seem to shine out and scream 'look at me'. Because of the light pollution in her home era, the stars never shone so brightly or seem so plentiful. It was the night before her 17th birthday. Before she left her home for the warring state era, her mother told Kagome to visit the very next day.
 
 
'As of tomorrow, it would have been two years since I've started this crazy adventure. Exactly two years since I've met Inuyasha. Who would have thought that I could have survived for so long with demons chasing us left and right? Met so many people who suffered because of the Shikon no Tama? And… witnessed so many deaths that I start to wonder why faith put me here in the first place?' sigh 'Well enough of self pitying! I've got to find Inuyasha and tell him that I have to stay home for another day.'
 
 
After a few more minutes of sitting on the edge of the well she felt a tinge of uncertainty. Something or someone was there nearby. Someone that shouldn't be on the strange aura she pin pointed that the strange aura was coming from a little bit west of the forest of Inuyasha.
 
 
The strange omnious aura was then greeted by another aura. From the conflicting emotions she could sense, it seems like they were confronting eachother.
 
 
`Hmm… I wonder what that could be.' Closing her eyes, Kagome tried concentrating on the aura again.`Maybe you should check it out.' suggested Midoriko. After deciding to check things out, she quickly hid her aura and scent so that whatever it was didn't sense her and started in the direction of her destination. As the miko walked closer and closer, she felt the aura grow stronger and the emotions were becoming clearer.
 
 
`I'm close but this aura is very strange. It holds a certain resemblance to my own but it seems impure with traces of anger and sadness, love and hate.' Finally something clicked. `No… it can't be… Kikyo.' With that thought Kagome gracefully and quietly sped up leaping from tree to tree. `Please… I hope you're not doing what I think you're doing… I don't know what I'm going to do if I see Inuyasha with you again.' she jumped down from the tree and ran towards the clearing. 'He wouldn't though. Would he? He said that he wanted me to stay with him! He said that he would protect me... No... of course he meant it! He's... he's just probably explaining that to her right now. And after this, we'll be able to live happily together. And he won't see Kikyo again.'
 
 
Quietly Kagome skidded to a halt and hid behind a bush. Finally gathering the small amount of courage she had mustered up, Kagome peeked through the shrub. The sight sent a sharp dagger through her heart.
 
 
Right ahead in the clearing you can clearly see a hanyou with silver white hair in a red haori embracing a resurrected priestess. `No... Inuyasha…' With that thought, Kagome's heart was cleaved in two with said dagger. `How could you?' Closing her eyes, Kagome tried to overcome the sting she felt from the new tears. But before she wanted to jump into conclusions she decided to stay hoping that it was nothing more than a friendly embrace. That this was the last time hug. That afterwards Inuyasha would explain that he chose Kagome that they would never see each other again. But deep down she knew it was more.
 
 

 
 
----In the Clearing----
 
 
“Inuyasha?” said the dead miko Kikyo. Her weak voice was muffled and barely audible by the red haori the hanyou was wearing.
 
 
“Yes my love?” answered the hanyou. At that moment pain could be seen seeping into Kagome's eyes but she kept listening. Kagome was at the verge of tears by merely three words that tore at her heart into millions of pieces. Kagome's hands clutched her chest hoping that the pain would go away.
 
 
“What do you think about my reincarnation, Kagome?” Kikyo's voice held sadness, afraid that she lost her hanyou's heart.
 
 
“She's merely a jewel detector. She means nothing to me. You are the one and only in my heart Kikyo. Kagome is just a weak human, she is nothing compared to you my love. That pathetic human is just another burden. Since she is back in her own era, what would you say if you joined our group?” With that said Kagome's eyes widened in horror, despair, shock and pain but she kept in the bush.
 
 
“Yes, Inuyasha I'll join the group if it means that I'll be closer to my love,” said Kikyo and kissed Inuyasha but that kiss started to turn more passionate and more demanding. At that moment Kagome couldn't hold in the tears that threatened to pour out of her eyes and her weak hold on her sent slipped away. Tears freely flowing down her face she began to sob.
 
 
"No... no... no... this can't be true... NO!" Kagome repeated softly. She was curled up in a fetal position rocking back and forth hoping against hope that the pain she felt right now would fade and go away.
 
 
Just at that moment Inuyasha picked up a familiar scent. `Kagome...' His mind went blank; a lost of words. Just as he spun around to search for Kagome, she stood up sobbing and started to yell,
 
 
“HOW COULD YOU! WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME? YOU SAID YOU WANTED ME TO STAY WITH YOU! DID THAT NOT MEAN ANYTHING? WERE YOU THINKING OF KIKYO WHEN YOU SAID THAT TO ME? I'M NOT KIKYO! AND I WILL NEVER BE KIKYO! YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO PROTECT ME! YOU SAID I WAS THE WORLD TO YOU! I LOVED YOU!” tears were streaming down her face and the pain grew as she said each sentence.
 
 
"How could I have been so foolish?" Kagome ran past the couple trying to dry her tears furiously to only have them replaced. She ran out of the clearing and into the dark woods not really paying any attention to where she was going.
 
 
“That bitch can't go anywhere,” after he said that he resumed kissing Kikyo in the clearing without a second thought and ignoring that little voice in his head that screamed at him to follow and apologize.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
(A/N: Tell me what you think. I'll post next chapter a bit later. Ja Ne!)