InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nice Guy ❯ The Date ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice Guy
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I don't own Houjo. If I did, I'd have a hell of a lot more cash.
 
AN: Sorry for the long update but it took me a while to get rid of this writers block. It's gone now, though. Yay for me! -^_^-
 
 
~*~The Date~*~
 
 
“Mom, Houjo's going to pick me up at 8:00, so I don't have to eat, ok?” Kagome asked. “Alright, dear.” She answered.
 
Kagome smiled and left her family at the table so they could eat. She went upstairs to dress. It was already 7:01 and she didn't even have any make-up on.
 
`He said to dress formal... Do I have anything formal?' she wondered as she looked through her closet.
 
“Kagome!” she heard her brother yell from downstairs. “What is it?” she yelled down the stairs.
 
“Some guy just dropped off something for you!”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Get down here and find out, or are you that brain dead?”
 
“I'm busy! Bring it up!”
 
“No way! You just don't wanna walk up and down the stairs `cause you're getting fat!”
 
“You little jerk!”
 
“Better than being a big fatty!”
 
She rolled her eyes, `Idiot.' She thought as she walked down the stairs. When she got downstairs, Souta gave her a rectangular box. “The guy said he was a friend of Houjo's.”
 
“Ok.” She said as she whacked her little brother upside the head. “Ow! What was that for?”
 
“For calling me fat.”
 
Fine, you're pleasantly plump, then.”
 
Kagome glared at him. He gulped nervously and ran to the living room. She sighed, she would've chased after him but it was 7:30 now and she wasn't even close to ready. She took the box up to her room. It wasn't thin enough to be roses…
 
She took off the red ribbon and opened the top. Inside of it was a black dress and a note.
 
I knew you didn't have a dress that was proper for tonight so I went out and bought you this. Wear it. Don't worry, it'll fit.
 
Houjo
 
It was a beautiful dress; the length of it stopped right at her ankles with a slit that went up her right leg, the top part clasped around her neck, leaving her back bare and the front was cut low enough to show cleavage but not low enough to be indecent. She put on a pair of black high heeled shoes that strapped around her ankles.
 
She smiled at herself in the mirror. She did her hair in an elegant topknot, leaving a few curled strands around her face. Her mother lent her her favorite silver chandelier earrings. She put on black eyeliner, silver eye-shadow and glitter lip-gloss.
 
She looked good. `I wonder how he knew my size… How'd he know I didn't have a dress, for that matter?' she thought to herself. She looked at the clock on the bathroom wall. 7:51, nine minutes to spare. She looked back into the mirror and ran her hands over her stomach. `I'm not getting fat...'
 
Souta opened the door and startled her out of her thoughts. “Kagome, your boyfriend's here. Stop primping and go down there to your man.”
 
“You are so lucky I'm in heels.”
 
She pushed past him and went downstairs. Houjo was standing at the door with a bouquet of red roses in a tuxedo. `This whole thing seems so cliché.' “Thank you, Houjo. They're beautiful.” She said as he handed her the flowers.
 
“Not nearly as beautiful as you.”
 
She smiled at him and handed the roses to her mom. `That line's a bit played out…' she thought while blushing all the same. `Still, it's nice to be complimented.'
 
`I knew that dress would look perfect on her.' Houjo thought lustfully. `She's delicious when she blushes.' “Shall we get going?”
 
“Oh, yeah. Thanks for the dress.” She said as they walked down the shrine steps.
 
“It's no problem; I saw it and knew it'd be perfect.”
 
“How'd you know I didn't have a proper dress?”
 
“Well, I never saw you in one so I guessed.”
 
“Did you guess on my size?”
 
“Uh, yeah, I did.” `Actually, I snuck in your room during lunch one day and looked through your clothes.'
 
When they got to the bottom he walked to a black car and opened the passenger door. “You drive?” she asked.
 
“Yep, get in.”
 
FLASH
 
“Oh, wow… Everything's so expensive.” Kagome said as she looked at her menu. Houjo had taken her to the new western style restaurant. “Nothing's too expensive, Kagome. Just order what you want.”
 
Houjo had gotten the lobster dinner and Kagome had gotten a chicken dinner with a side of salad.
 
After dinner he took her home. At her door he quickly grabbed her in a kiss. `Oh, my god! What's he doing?!' she thought frantically as she felt his tongue wriggle its way into her mouth.
 
`Got her.' He though triumphantly. He frowned when Kagome pulled away from his kiss. She looked flustered, `It's a good look on her.'
 
“I'll see you tomorrow at noon.” He informed her.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Tomorrow, 12:00. I'll pick you up, wear something fun. I'm taking you to the fair.”
 
“You are?” `When did I agree to this?'
 
“Yes, I am. I'll see you then. It'll be warm so I suggest shorts.”
 
“Uh, Houjo, I do-“
 
“I'll see you then. Be ready.” He told her. He grabbed her chin and pulled her face to his and gave her a chaste kiss before he left.
 
Kagome went into the house and to her room. “That was weird.” She thought aloud. She shook her head and decided not to think about it. If Houjo wanted to take her out again, it was no big deal. She'd have a talk with him though, just the same.
 
 
~*~And that's where I end it. I know Souta seems a little OOC but hey, he's a little brother and he's only in third grade, so he can annoy his sister. Anyway, please review.~*~