InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nice Guy ❯ Play Time is Over ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice Guy
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I don't own Houjo. If I did, I'd have a hell of a lot more cash.
 
 
AN: While my writers block is still heavy on my mind, I am going to attempt to write this next chapter. Here it is…
 
 
~*~Play Time is Over~*~
 
 
Inuyasha yawned as he sat up in Kagome's bed, drowsily. He never had such a good sleep before and he had half a mind to go back to it.
 
His eyes snapped open. He fell asleep! He wasn't supposed to fall asleep! He looked to the bed where Kagome should have been.
 
Kagome wasn't there. Which meant Kagome woke up. Kagome woke up and he was asleep next to her… And yet she didn't sit him into oblivion… Did that mean she was ok with waking up next to him like that?
 
He shook his head and got out of bed. Where was Kagome anyway? He walked down the stairs to see Mrs. Higurashi and Kagome's grandfather all eating breakfast.
 
But no Kagome… Or Souta. “Where's Kagome and Souta?” he asked.
 
“Souta went skateboarding and I thought she was still asleep.” Mrs. Higurashi said, starting to feel worried. The older Higurashi's eyes widened in fear, “Where could she be?”
 
Inuyasha felt his heart drop into the pit of his stomach. Not another moment was wasted before he disappeared.
 
 
 
 
FLASH
 
 
“Kagome.” Houjo greeted when he saw Kagome finally show up. He offered her a swing and pushed her when she sat down.
 
“What's your problem, Houjo? Why are you stalking me?” she asked as he pushed her on the swing.
 
He smiled behind her, “You fascinate me.”
 
“Why? I'm sure there's much more interesting girls than me.”
 
“No.”
 
Her eyebrows furrowed, “You have girls throwing themselves at your feet. Why bother with me?”
 
“You don't. I could have any girl I want, except you. You're beautiful, you're different… You're what I want. And what I will have.”
 
“I want you to stop following me around.”
 
“Well, it's not about what you want. Is it, Kagome?” He smirked. “We both know who's in charge.”
 
“You need to leave me alone.” She replied with a serious tone. He laughed at her, “I do, do I?”
 
 
“Yes.” She replied curtly as she dug her heels into the dirt beneath her and hopping off the swing.
 
His smile vanished and he glowered at her. He walked to her, looking her in the eyes. He searched for signs of fear, doubt, anything he could use against her.
 
All he saw was determination and anger. “It was one thing when you were messing with me, Houjo. But you do not threaten one of my friends.”
 
His smirk returned, “I see. And that freak is your friend?”
 
Yes. Inuyasha is my friend and I don't appreciate you trying to use him against me.”
 
Oh, please forgive me, Kagome, I had no idea.” He replied in a mock apology. Then in a more serious tone, “And what do you think you're going to do about it? Hm?”
 
“Anything it takes to take your psycho ass down. You will leave me alone or you will not like what I do.”
 
He raised an eyebrow. “Really?”
 
“Really.”
 
 
He scowled at her. The bitch was fucking with his game. His hands fisted into balls.
 
Kagome smirked at him, “You'd like to hit me, wouldn't you? But you can't. There are too many people, here, you'd get caught.”
 
“Oh, you'd think that, wouldn't you? This is my game, you don't make the rules, I do.”
 
“Play time's over, Houjo. You think you can scare me? You can't. I've fought off demons; you think I can't take you? I'm a powerful priestess and I could purify you faster than you could come up with another lie to feed the cops.”
 
Ok, so Inuyasha normally took down the demons. And, so she couldn't really control her power and she doubted that it would work on humans. But that was why they called this type of thing a bluff.
 
 
“You belong to me, Kagome.”
 
 
“You know, that works so much better for Kouga.”
 
 
“Another freak, I assume?”
 
She smiled sweetly, “Now, Houjo, you know what they say about assuming. It makes an ass out of you and me.”
 
 
His fists shook, this girl was really trying his patience. He calmed himself, “Why don't we go somewhere else?”
 
“More private, you mean?”
 
“Well, yes-“
 
“I don't think so. Do you really think I'm that stupid? The ball's in my court and I'm not about to give it back to you.”
 
He gritted his teeth and looked around; a few people have started to stare at the arguing people. “We're drawing an audience.”
 
 
“Good. That works even more in my favor.”
 
“What if I accidentally slipped about Inuyasha?”
 
 
She smirked at him and raised her voice a bit so others could hear, “What are you talking about? Are you still having those hallucinations, Houjo? Maybe you should talk to a therapist.”
 
He couldn't believe her. He looked as more people began to stare. What happened to his control? He was supposed to be in charge, not her!
 
She lowered her voice, “No one's going to believe you. They'll send you to a psych ward. You have nothing over me.”
 
He laughed, “That's what you think; I have tapes.”
 
She laughed back at him, “You had tapes.” She showed him the tape that had Inuyasha on it. “You're not the only one who knows how to sneak in a room.” She dropped it and smashed it with the heel of her foot. “That's what took me so long, FYI.”
 
“You could be arrested for breaking and entering.”
 
“You could be arrested for stalking and harassment. I wonder which one's gonna have the worse sentence. Besides, your mother caught me, so I showed her one of the tapes, without Inuyasha, of course.” She smiled again, “You're not Mommy's precious little boy anymore, Houjo, and she knows it.”
 
“She won't turn me in.”
 
“No, she'd never turn her only son in. And I would never ask her to. That's why I gave Souta the tapes and he's off to drop them off to Officer Sensui. One word, Houjo; busted. And there's no way you can get out of it. Your mommy can't save you either, those tapes will give enough probable cause for a search warrant and they will find everything just as easily as Souta and I did.”
 
“You fucking bitch!” he growled out. Losing what little control he had, he swung a fist at her.
 
Unfortunately, she wasn't fast enough to dodge the hard blow but she did manage to lift her leg when she fell to the ground and kick him hard in the nuts.
 
He fell to his knees and a few guys ran towards her, having seen what had happened. One helped her up and the other two grabbed Houjo, roughly, and brought him to his feet.
 
“You, alright, girl?” the one who helped her up asked as he looked at the side of her face. Houjo had hit her just below her right eye and the skin that covered her cheekbone had already started discoloring and began to swell.
 
 
 
Officer Sensui and Souta showed up at that time, Souta had told the officer that his sister was going to see Houjo at the park. As Officer Sensui's partner was currently questioning Houjo's mother, having seen the videos and his room, Officer Sensui decided to follow Souta to Kagome's location.
 
 
The officer cuffed Houjo immediately. Houjo glared at Kagome. She smirked at him despite the pain shooting through her cheek. “And now you're facing assault charges to go along with your stalking and harassment. Have fun with that.”
 
“You'll pay for this.” He growled at her, struggling with Officer Sensui, trying to get closer to her, to no effect.
 
She rolled her eyes. “Game over, Houjo.” She told him before Officer Sensui threw him in the back of the car. “I'll write up the report, you two, go home. Put some ice on that cheek and stay home, we may need to contact you.”
 
Kagome nodded and took Souta by the hand and went home.
 
 
 
Unbeknownst to anyone, a half dog demon lurked in the trees. He had come just in time to see Kagome struck down, but before he could do anything she kicked the boy and three men ran to her aid.
 
He was about to kill the boy who dared hit his Kagome, but remembering what Kagome told him, he stayed put. She wouldn't have liked for him to show himself.
 
It seemed he wasn't needed at all for this. He sighed as he ran back to Kagome's shrine, feeling completely useless.
 
 
~*~I hope that was satisfactory to you guys. I'm so sorry about the wait. Well, there's that. I literally had to force myself to sit here and write. The next chapter's the epilogue and I have that all figured out so you won't have to wait too long for it. I'd write it now but it's like 1:57 in the morning. Anyways, please review.~*~