InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No More Hope ❯ Leaving ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ame: Hello! This is my first Inuyasha fic so... please NO FLAMES!!

Kori: Yeah... we can't handle that blow to our ever-so-small ego.

Ame: Right. So... enjoy the fic!

Disclaimer: *looks at lawyers* Do I have to say it? *Lawyers nod their heads* Damn them... alright alright, I do not own Inuyasha. If I did I'd be rich as hell and happy. But I don't own. OKAY?!





~*Kagome's POV*~

'He chose her. He chose her.' The sentance kept ringing in my head as I walked around Inuyasha's forest. He chose her. Kikyou. She may have been dead but he still chose her. Why the hell am I standing here? She can sense the shards. They don't need me. Kikyou. The original. The one Inuyasha loves. Not me. He never loved me. He only protected me because I was his precious 'shard detector' I was so naive. I tricked myself into believing I was more than that to him. I tricked myself to believe I was more than his friend. But to see is to believe right? So when I saw Inuyasha and Kikyou kissing, there is nothing left to hope for anymore.

The irony of it all. I was walking to find Inuyasha, it was dinner time and I made some ramen. His favorite of course. I took my bow and arrows with me just to be safe. Nothing could have prepared me from what I saw. Much worse than a yokai. Well.... to me it was. From behind a tree I saw Kikyou and Inuyasha in a compromising position. They were kissing when I got there, but there positions promised more intimate things later on. Being the idiot that I am, I stood gaping at the sight.

Before either one could sense my presence, I walked away. Aware of all the twigs and sticks I manuvered my way to Kaede's hut, with as litte noise as possible. I will not cry. Some may call me strong like that. Not crying after experiencing that kind of thing. Others may call me pitiful for keeping my feelings locked inside. But I knew it would happen. I dreaded the day that it would, but I knew it would happen. They love each other, I am the only one standing in the way.

I walked into Kaede's hut. There were a few hellos and a grope from Miroku, but that quickly earned him a slap from Sango. Shippou came running into my arms and I gently patted his head. I put him down and walked to the rest of the group.

"Where's Inuyasha?" Sango asked me.

"He's busy at the moment...." I trailed off. Didn't need to bring it up.

"Oh... So the slut came back now did she?" She spat. She hates Kikyou as much as I do.

"Yeah... they probably are fucking their brains out right now." Miroku said, never once taking his gaze off his food.

"Miroku! How could you say that? Don't you trust Inuyasha?" Sango asked appalled.

"He's quite right Sango. From what I saw, there were a lot of possiblities." I reponded. Sipping my soup as I did so.

"WHAT?! AND YOU'RE JUST GOING TO SIT HERE AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT?" She yelled at me. I cannot say I didn't expect this. Although I didn't think she'd be too mad when she found out.

"It is their relationship. I have no right whatsoever so do anything about it. He wants to fuck her? Fine. He wants her to join the group? Fine. It wont matter to me. I'll be leaving shortly anyway."

They sat there and gaped at me. The same way I had when I witnessed the scene infront of me. Then... they bombarded me with questions.

"You aren't serious!"

"HER joining US?"

"Don't leave Kagome!"

Then right on que, Inuyasha walked in. His clothes slightly rumpled and a slighlty red Kikyou following.

"Everyone, I have an announcement" He said. I know what's coming so I tuned him out as I finished my food.

"Kikyou shall be joining us on our quest for the shards!" He exclaimed. He seemed pretty damn happy about it. Grr... Bastard.

"Inuyasha... you can't be serious... what about Kagome-chan?" Sango said. This earned a chorus of yeahs, before anything started I decided to put my say in it.

"It's alright. Kikyou can sense the shards better than me, she is more experienced in the Bow and Arrow than me and of course, she has control over her miko powers unlike me. Since there shall be a new addition to the group I will leave. Thus there will still be room, and no more lagging for the rest of you. I bid you farewell and good-luck with the journey." I put my bowl away, got my bag and walked out the door. Like I had just finished informing them of the weather. Psshhhttt. They'll get over it.

Halfway to the well I started to have some memories of my time here. Only a year has passed since we began our search. I have matured, more than expected from a sixteen year old, but I have. I no longer 'sit' Inuyasha but let him do whatever he wants. Only when he does bodily harm to anyone I 'sit' him but he hasn't. It's been about nine months since the last time I said it. No regrets though.

My only regret is ever coming here. Once I get back home, I know the pain will hit full-force. I don't want to cry, but I probably will. And what will I do when my best friend is over here in a different time zone? The well was now in sight. I sighed and put the bag next to the well. I sat on the lip. I sat there thinking, about school, my future friends, family, home, here, the shards and Naraku.


~*Sango's POV*~


"Inuyasha... you are... by far... the stupidest demon I've ever met. No... I take that back. You're the stupidest THING that I've ever met! I can't even CALL you a demon, you're such a disgrace! I can't even call you human! You picked KIKYOU over KAGOME, and KAGOME is ALIVE!" I yelled. I was frustrated. How can he choose her? Kikyou! He is such an imbecile.

"Feh. Kikyou is much better, ain't that right Miroku?"

"Actually Inuyasha, I would have to agree with Sango. I would prefer any other female in this world instead of Kikyou. Hell, I probably would prefer a male to Kikyou." He said. Thank GOD! I think, any other male would prefer it's own gender instead of Kikyou. Well... any other male besides Inuyasha, seeing as he already chose her.

"I can't believe you! Kagome was just here to help! She didn't do anything!" He yelled.

"Well too damn bad. Kikyou is a dead bitch. You picked her instead of Kagome. There's something wrong with that." I was mad. I hate Kikyou, my best friend just left and may never come back, and this egotistic jerk is pissing me off!

"I don't know why you would pick Kikyou. Her love for you isn't even that strong. Over one thing and she thought you betrayed her. Kagome did anything and everything to make sure you were okay. I've seen Kagome watch you for countless nights, making sure you were okay. She watched you like the angel she is. Then you turn your back and her and fuck that whore *points to Kikyou* who probably doesn't even love you. God knows why Kagome did." I finished my rant. Miroku looked at me with respect, Kikyou looked at me like I've just uncovered her whole plan, which I did, and Inuyasha who looked like he's starting to regret everything.

"Yeah Inuyasha! Maybe Kikyou is just using you for the jewel! And for her protection!" Shippou screamed.

"..."

We all turned to the spot where Kikyou was and noticed that she left. Grr... oh hell no! No one walks out on me like that. I grabbed my boomerang and threw it out the door. I heard a nice shriek as it hit it's target and then it came whizzing back to me.

"That girl has finally been put to rest. Amen." There were a chorus of amens as Inuyasha stood gaping at the door.

"Y-you killed... h-her...?" He asked me in I-can't-believe-you-did-that-you-are-so-mean-and-rude-to-kill-a-real-person voice.

"Killed? Not likely. I'm not that mean. She's dead anyway. I just deprived her of her body. She is now ash, dirt and sticks, like she was supposed to be."

"..."



~*Kagome's POV*~

~*Flashback*~

"K-kagome... I will... always protect you. You are more than just a shard detector to me... I.... I love you...." Inuyasha told me, as he embraced me.

~*End Flashback*~

'Psshhhttt. Yeah, he loved me. And Miroku isn't a lecher. Gods I hate him. He played me like a card. How did I ever hold on, to that useless string of hope that he meant those words. How did I think, no matter how many times he goes back to Kikyou, he will still love me? I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW DENSE I AM! I hate him. I love him. So how come I can't get over him? Damn him. Damn him to hell. You know what? He can take Kikyou with him too! Those idiots deserve each other. This time, I wont be there to snap him out of his reverie. This time I wont be there to save him from hell. This time I wont be there to witness it all, because this time I'm going home.'

With that thought I slipped from the side of the well inside. I'm going back home, and no one can bring me back. Inuyasha would be too busy doing 'things' with his new mate, Sango, Miroku and Shippou can't get to the other side of the well. Just before I fell, I ripped off the Shikon No Tama and threw it to the ground. I'm never coming back...


Ame: Hoooooow was it??? Don't worry!!! Inuyasha and Kagome will get together! If you think I was a little cruel killing Kikyou, well... sorry... but I had to do that to make the story work!!

Kori: Admit it. You liked it when you killed Kikyou.

Ame: Well....

Kori: AHA!

Ame: Please review! They make me work!! They're what feeds my muse *points to Kori*

Kori: Review! You don't want me to go hungry! *shows off empty bowl* NO FLAMES!! THEY MAKE ME GET SICK!!