InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Noshika High ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bre: I had it on FF.Net, so I figured you all deserved the story as well! For those of you who DON'T know, this story is called `The Girl Who Didn't Believe In Love' on FF, so enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, or anything related. However, if an OC pops up, I'll be sure to tell ya it's mine!
 
Story/Chapter Warnings: Cursing, Alternate Universe, New-and-Improved Kagome, Kikyo-hate
 
Summary: [InuYuYu XOver AU] Noshika High, famous for the romances that its afterschool events slam together, is throwing Kagome's love life into overdrive. The forecast: Fireworks, fluff, and lots of fun!
 
Pairings: Hiei/Kagome, Inuyasha/Kikyo, Miroku/Sango, Sesshomaru/Rin, Yusuke/Keiko, and Kuwabara/Yukina
 
 
“ ” - Spoken
` ' - Thought
(( )) - Author's Notes
---: Scene Change/Other
 
 
 
-Prologue Begins-
 
I don't cry. Hell, I don't even feel these days. What I am is no longer weak. I am Kagome Higurashi, and I don't believe in love. I'm your average sixteen-year-old girl that attends Noshika High and will be graduating at the end of next year. However, my last boyfriend happened to be a total pain in the ass by the end of our relationship. Ha. It's hilarious how much I loved him, even though I knew the entire time he was looking at my twin sister, Kikyo. No matter what I did to try and block out the obvious fact of his infatuation, I saw it coming a mile away. And, here's the best part, I still cried.
I suppose I was hoping Inuyasha, my ex, would eventually grow to love me the way that I loved him. That, maybe, just maybe, he'd forget about Kikyo and allow me his heart. My hope was a desperate one, and it remained ignored and was smashed to pieces when he broke up with me. So, I decided to grow up. I switched from my no-makeup policy to light touch-ups and I even paid attention to my wardrobe. I wont' lie, Kikyo and I have always been rich, but the way we used it was what separated the two of us.
You see, Kikyo believed that money was given to us to be spent, and she followed through with this belief by buying all the finest things she could get her hands on. I, however, only got myself a new wardrobe occasionally and cared less about the money itself, just that I put it to good use. I refused to buy things that weren't necessary. I won't kid you, I have a great car, my clothes are nice, I have a computer and a cell phone, but, I don't own about a billion pairs of shoes, four cars, seventy-three purses, and still beg for more like Kikyo does.
I don't know, maybe I'm a bitter little brat that's unworthy of all this money, but I did love Inuyasha, and the fact that someone as fake as Kikyo took him from me makes me both furious and depressed at the same time… God, I'm pathetic.
But, the world isn't totally cruel to me as far as school goes! I have amazing friends, like Sango, Rin, Keiko, and Boton. We are rarely seen walking around the school without each other attached at the hip. It's kind of funny, looking at it, but I love them. Sango and I grew up together considering our mothers met at a snob party and felt totally out of place, so they started talking and realized that they were a lot alike. And, when Sango was born on March 20th seventeen years ago, I followed up on May 21st. Our mothers were ecstatic to have both had girls. However, Sango's mother and father died in a car accident shortly after Sango's sixth birthday, and my mother, spouseless, took her and her brother Kohaku in as well.
Rin was an orphan as well; however, my mother didn't take her in, but instead the powerful, rich Tashio family took her in as a daughter. Shortly after the beginning of their sophomore year, I noticed Rin giving the elder Tashio son more attention than usual, and it wasn't long until the two were dating. I, not really knowing Sesshomaru very well, just figured that if Rin was happy, so was she… And Rin was VERY happy… Hahahaha… So, anyway, Sango and I've been friends with Rin for maybe six years… Since sixth grade at least. Why sixth grade? Oh, that was the year she was adopted! I still remember how hyper she was… She still has that strange obsession with flowers, too!
Keiko and Boton have been friends for a long time. However, the two of them just recently transferred to Noshika High, and are really cool. I've known them for, what, two years… maybe? Ah, well… They're really cool. Keiko has become attached to the school bully, Yusuke Urameshi. Boton has her eye on Shuichi Minamino, and I'll be first to admit that he's gorgeous. Such pretty red hair, actually, it's more magenta like if he's in the sun, but that's different. His eyes are such a pretty emerald color… I love them! However, like I said, I don't believe in love anymore, and he's also just a bit too calm and polite for someone like myself.
Wait! I've gone off topic…. Oh, how I'd love to bang my head on a wall right now for confusing you! Shuichi Minamino is what his name is, but everyone, even his teachers, call him Kurama. Why? I have no idea, but it's a nice name, and I like it almost as much as his eyes. He's the school heartthrob, along with Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and---- lord.
Oh, sorry `bout that, but the fourth of the school's most popular guys just walked by. He's really cold to people, and he's got this whole mysterious air around him that draws me in like a moth to a light! His name is Hiei Jaganashi, and since before Inuyasha, I've been hopelessly obsessive with him. Not love, of course, but he's just so cut off from society that I feel compelled to find out what he really feels… However, from what he has said to me, I'd date Kurama in a heartbeat before even considering being in a relationship with THAT prick. Jerk.
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru Tashio are both really rich, and are half brothers. They're handsome with girlfriends, but that's where the similarities end. Inuyasha has long black hair with gorgeous violet eyes and a tanned complexion. Sesshomaru, Rin's boyfriend, is by far more mysterious with long, silver hair and fair skin along with fierce golden eyes that show little to no emotion. Sesshomaru is really tall, standing at a daring 6'11'', whereas Inuyasha is tall at a fair 6'6''. Hell, their girlfriends are even polar opposites. Funny how Sesshomaru, nicknamed `Ice King' has the most hyper, loving, energetic girl in the school for a girlfriend, and warm, not-exactly-cheerful-but-alive Inuyasha chose the most emotionally deaf girl in the school. Ugh, school dramatics are really pushing it.
Ah! Did I mention I have a stalker? Well, not really, considering how popular he is, no one wants to categorize the basketball champ of the school as a stalker, but really, when he puts hidden cameras in my room and sets up a bed in the tree out my bathroom (and bedroom!) window, what else am I supposed to call him?! His name is Koga Wolfe, and he's been obsessing over me since eighth grade! He's handsome, yeah. He's got such tanned skin and dark hair that his blue eyes are startling, but he's just not my type… Then again, I don't know him that well.
And, of course, there's the little genius that's three years younger than I am, but still in my grade. His name is Shippo, and he's adorable. He's got fiery orange hair and semi-tanned skin and big, emerald eyes. He's become something like a little brother to me since he's Souta's, my little brother, hero. Wild thing is, I think HE'S an orphan, too! What's with this stuff? It's like everyone's an orphan these days… Anyway, Shippo's now living on his own since he technically graduated college two years ago, but he stays in high school to chill with us. So, I suppose we'll just have to deal with the kiddo! Ha! He's a master at calculus and is great with writing, and he's planning on becoming a college professor one of these days. I can't wait… Maybe I'll be his student! That would be a laugh…
Anyway, I don't really have much to say besides it's the beginning of my junior year at Noshika high, and there's sure to be fireworks. I'm expecting fights, parties, unexpected love, love triangles, perverse old teachers, and really, really, bad homework grades. Ah, well, what can I say? I suppose that's the life of Kagome Higurashi, the girl who doesn't believe in love!
 
- Prologue Ends -
 
 
Bre: Hahahaha, I know this is REALLY uber-short, but that's because I just want to let you all get a look at the cast for our little AU fiction here. And, I have to beg you to review for this one because I'm new to MM.Org, and it's killing me slowly!