InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Noshika High ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bre: Hooray for reviews! Actually, one review total, but it makes my day! Imagine MY surprise when I logged on, tired and bored, and find a review! I was like `OMG!' Hahahahaha, anyway, enough about my review. I still can't believe I finished the SIXTH Harry Potter book within twelve hours! It was my favorite AND least favorite of all the books for obvious reasons. I'm going to write a James/Lily fan fiction before school gets back in on the 15th of August. Now, on with this story!
 
Disclaimer: Me no own, you no sue.
 
Story/Chapter Warnings: Cursing, Alternate Universe, New-and-Improved Kagome, Kikyo-hate, No Inu-ears, First Person View 24/7 (Kagome)
 
Summary: I knew once I laid eyes on him that he was off-limits. I knew that from the moment he spoke that he had to have been a figment of my deluded mind. I knew that after everything I told myself, nothing could possibly stop me from loving him.
 
Pairings: Hiei/Kagome/Kurama, Inuyasha/Kikyo, Miroku/Sango, Sesshomaru/Rin, Yusuke/Keiko, and Kuwabara/Yukina
 
 
“ ” - Spoken
` ' - Thought
(( )) - Author's Notes
---: Scene Change/Other
 
 
 
-Chapter Begins-
 
BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEP!
 
I groaned audibly before rolling over my numerous pillows and slamming my alarm clock off. The first day of school was beginning in a mere two hours… Ugh, not a pleasant thought. I muttered a string of colorful curses, but I slid out of bed and managed to wobble in to my bathroom. After a quick shower, I managed to dance into a pair of pale, faded hip huggers and a nice dark blue tank. Preening my hair with my fingers, I quickly French braided my hair into two of the nifty little braids upon the back of my head. My dark hair didn't even frizz the slightest bit. I grinned before sliding on my blue and beige flip-flops and running downstairs.
 
“Kagome? Oh, good morning…” my mother kissed me on the forehead before I dove into the closest seat at the table.
 
“French toast? Mom, you shouldn't have!” I loved French toast. It was more than likely my favorite morning meal in the world. After downing all of that, I drank maybe half a cup of my orange juice before bolting out the door, messenger bag resting on my hip. With a happy sigh, I threw the bag into my silver convertible Corvette before hopping in myself. With a grin, I turned on the radio and quickly pulled out of the driveway. Within seconds, I knew Sango would be bursting out of the door and hopping in with me, but until then, I'd just give her a scare.
 
“HA!” Sango jumped up from behind the front seat and I jumped out of my skin.
 
“WHAT THE FUCK!?” I screamed, scared, almost literally, shitless.
 
“Kagome Higurashi, if I catch you using those words again I'll ground you into the next DECADE!” my mom screamed out the screen door.
 
“Yes mom!” I replied, glaring at Sango hard and making my position very clear to her as she rolled over into the front seat, laughing so hard she was crying.
 
“Holy wow, Kagome, that was priceless!” she said in between her gasps for breath. I ignored her, opting to fume silently in front of the wheel before reaching over to her with my right arm and pinching her- HARD.
 
“Are you TRYING to take about fifty years off my life?!” I hissed, actually a tiny bit amused as my friend laughed harder, still nourishing her hurt upper arm.
 
“I dunno, are you TRYING to take off my arm?” Sango asked, grinning. I muttered a string of curses before pulling into the school's parking lot. “Oh yeah! We get the fun Junior parking spots!” Sango laughed at the small, crammed parking lot as I groaned. There was no way this car was going to go through this year without receiving at LEAST a billion different injuries. That's when I saw it. The one lone parking spot left. I sped up, determined to get there, when I saw her.
 
They say great minds think alike, and Rin and I had great minds. We were maybe three feet away from the parking spot each when she and I revved our engines, grinning evilly at each other. Three… Two… One, GO! And with that, I quickly pulled into the parking spot and, listening to Rin let out a stream of curses, laughed before relaxing. After a while of laughing, Rin came up to us, hands on her hips in a kind of “I'm angry with you Kagome Higurashi!” way, ya know? I couldn't help it! It was just such a comical look that I started laughing twice as hard, grabbing a lot of attention from some people.
 
“Kagome!” she whined.
 
“Rin, I think she finally went off the deep end!” Sango said, glancing at me in a semi-scared way, making me laugh harder STILL.
 
“You're telling me!” Keiko's voice flooded my ears and my laughing calmed somewhat.
 
“Hey Keiko!” Rin and Sango said in sync, making me chuckle a bit more, but I managed to calm.
“Why hello there!” Boton said, smiling as she ran up to us. Keiko and Boton embraced as Sango and I slid out of the car. Linking arms, the five of us lined up proudly before marching into the school bravely, all talking to each other about our summers.
 
“Ugh, bitch at ten o'clock!” Sango muttered and my eyes were diverted from Hiei Jaganashi and Kurama to the Queen Bitch of the school, AKA- my twin sister. She managed to slip into a skimpy blood red tube top and a denim mini skirt with red sandals. Her hair was down and straight as a board, yet alive. She was so painted up, I couldn't help but amuse my friends by making gagging noises. Then Inuyasha came into the picture.
 
“Hey Kagome!” he said, still trying to be kind before heading over towards Kikyo who instantly began making out with him, making me REALLY want to gag. Hurrying away A.S.A.P., the five of us found ourselves surrounded by Kikyo's groupies. Yura Haire, Kagura Zephyr, and Kanna Reverie were the closest thing Kikyo had to friends, and even they were the ones trying to out-best her on a daily basis. They shoved passed us, each in tiny little outfits. Pulling each other towards our lockers, I let out a groan.
 
“Hey there, Kagome!” Koga said, blue eyes sparkling. I smiled lightly before shoving past him.
 
“Sessho!” Rin said gleefully, running up and hugging the tall man who, in turn, hugged her back warmly.
 
“Rin,” he said, to me, he seemed so lifeless, but Rin just tightened her hold on the man. How their minds worked, I had no idea. Then I felt eyes on me. They were boring into my back, and as I turned around, I realized that Hiei, Kurama, and their fan clubs were currently the only people in the hallway besides ourselves. Hiei and Kurama seemed to be holding a conversation. Kurama smiled at me and I nodded, turning back to Sesshomaru.
 
“So, Sesshomaru, any plans on a college after high school?” I asked.
 
“Tokyo University,” he said with a nod. I smiled.
 
“Sounds like fun!” I grinned before being attacked by a short, hyper person that laughed brightly. “Hey Shippo!” I said, hugging him.
 
“Kagome, you'll never believe how much sugar I've had this morning!” the boy said, twitching from his sugar rush.
 
“I really don't wanna know considering if I do, I'll most likely be fearing for someone's sanity by the end of homeroom!” I laughed.
 
“Oh, hey Shippo!” Sango said with a grin, giving Shippo the famous one-armed hug.
 
“Hey there Sango, what's up?” the kid asked, and I zoned out of their conversation.
 
“So,” said Keiko, turning to me, “what was your summer like, Kagome?”
 
“Well, it was dull… Sango was off on that trip to Europe, Rin was always with Sesshomaru, you two were on vacation together, and I was kinda left at home…” I smiled at them. “But I went shopping a lot!” I laughed. I felt the eyes again, so I slowly turned to face whoever it could be, but no one was even looking my way. I felt paranoid.
 
“Kagome?” Sango and Shippo were looking at me and I turned back to them,
 
“Huh?” I asked, but they just continued their conversation. I really MUST be losing it. Tightening my hold on my messenger bag (When did I get this out of the car, anyway?) I shuffled towards my designated locker, 667. I sighed, opening the stupid thing and slamming my bag inside, no books as of yet. A soft voice laughed behind me, and I turned around to face whoever it belonged to.
 
“Kagome Higurashi, correct?” and there he was, Kurama, holding his hand out to me. I accepted it in my own before nodding and turning back to my locker and shutting it. I looked back at him with a light smile.
 
“You're right, I am Kagome. And you're Shuichi Minamino, right?” she smiled.
 
“Kurama's, fine!” he assured me before gesturing to Hiei. “This is Hiei Jaganashi, forgive him for not being friendly, Kagome.” My breath almost got stuck in my throat. Almost being the key word.
 
“Oh, hi there!” I chuckled. “Well, I understand his unfriendly nature… After all, my best friend is dating the Ice King!” I laughed a bit harder before looking at a clock on the wall. “Ah! I'm late!” I grinned at the two before me. “I'll see you two later, right? Okay then, I'm off!” and with that I jogged to the Student Council room. Upon entering, I sat at the head of the table, claiming my presidential position.
 
“Hey Kagome!” a pretty girl with red hair and emerald green eyes said happily. I knew her as Ayame, but I have absolutely no clue as to what her last name is. Ah well… I smiled and nodded at her as the rest of the SC gathered. Amongst them I recognized the faces of Jaken, Rin, Hiten, and Naraku. There were, of course, others, but I didn't know them by name. As soon as everyone had a seat at the table, I stood up.
 
“Hello, I'm Kagome Higurashi, the Student Council president!” I began with a smile. I welcome all of you back into this room, and this is just a meeting to tell each of you what to expect this year. We'll be handling the Homecoming parade, that means the floats and their order, and the dance that follows. We'll also be deciding on numerous holiday celebrations, presentations by the Drama Club and Chorus along with Band. And, the one I know most of you are excited about this year, Prom.” I grinned, excited beyond belief about being president as a mere junior. “Any questions?” I asked. I was pleased when no hands shot into the air. “Okay, meeting adjourned!” and with that, each of us filed out the door.
 
“Higurashi,” a smooth, low voice flooded my ears and I looked up to find Naraku Miasara, Kikyo's ex-boyfriend, standing with an odd look in his eyes. “I look forward to working with you this year...” and with that, he left. A lone shiver ran down my spin at the tone of his voice before I headed off to my homeroom.
 
Art with Kaede (she hated being called Mrs. Midori) has always been fun, so when I ran into her classroom, she graced me with a smile and pointed at my assigned table. Of course, imagine my surprise when I realized my table-buddies. Within moments, Kurama entered the room and was pointed towards my table. I graced him with a smile before turning back to my sketch. Immediately after him came Sango who grinned broadly when she was assigned to our table. I held my breath as Hiei entered, but he was pointed to the table immediately behind us, and Kurama smiled at him as he passed. Hiei simply nodded in response.
 
“So, Kagome, who d'ya think will be our final table mate?” Sango asked, leaning over towards me. I simply shrugged but raised an eyebrow as a boy I never saw before came bounding into the room, a large grin on his face. He had dark hair that was short, but a tiny bit was pulled back in a low ponytail. He had a good body build, and violet eyes that scanned the room. He was like a more masculine version of Inuyasha! Ah! I felt attached to him due to the friendly vibes he was giving off, and I was somewhat excited that he was being assigned our table.
 
“Hey,” said he, “I'm Miroku, Miroku Houshima,” he smiled at Sango and I, and he shook hands with Kurama.
 
“Hi!” I said happily. “I'm Kagome Higurashi, this is Sango, and that's Kurama!” I said, pointing to the other two in turn. Miroku smiled and sat to the right of Sango. I didn't fail to notice the blush rising to Sango's cheeks. `Okay,' I told myself, `Houshima is off limits, Kagome!' with a grin, the wheels in my head began to move and I could even picture the two as a couple. Oh this year was gonna ROCK!
 
“Kurama,” a voice from behind us startled me, so I turned and shot the person a glare. Then I realized that I had just shot a glare at one of the school's most popular guys. I had just glared at Hiei Jaganashi, and he was glaring back.
 
Dammit.
 
- Chapter Ends -
 
 
 
Bre: Well, I hope you like this chapter! I know I had fun writing. Thankies to all that review on this chapter, because if you don't review, I just won't write! Hahahaha. XD