InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Noshika High ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bre: Well, thankies to all for the reviews. I really am having fun with this AU, it's different, no? Well, here's this chapter!
 
Disclaimer: Me no own, you no sue.
 
Story/Chapter Warnings: Cursing, Alternate Universe, New-and-Improved Kagome, Kikyo-hate, No Inu-ears, First Person View 24/7 (Kagome)
 
Summary: I knew once I laid eyes on him that he was off-limits. I knew that from the moment he spoke that he had to have been a figment of my deluded mind. I knew that after everything I told myself, nothing could possibly stop me from loving him.
 
Pairings: Hiei/Kagome/Kurama, Inuyasha/Kikyo, Miroku/Sango, Sesshomaru/Rin, Yusuke/Keiko, and Kuwabara/Yukina
 
---
 
“ ” - Spoken
` ' - Thought
(( )) - Author's Notes
---: Scene Change/Other
 
---
 
-Chapter Begins-
 
I felt either anger or embarrassment pile up from the pit of my stomach into my throat, yet I continued to glare as hard as I could at the male before me. That jerk, scaring me like that is only something Sango and Rin are even allowed to do! I should beat him with a randomly blunt object… That easel over there would work wonderfully…
 
A loud clap of skin on skin cut me from my thoughts, however. Hand on cheek, to be precise. Turning quickly to look at Sango and ask what had happened, I was greeted with a sight of our newest student sprawled on the ground, a red hand print forming on his left cheek slowly. Sango, hand still raised and eyes widened somewhat in shock, was muttering about perversity of newcomers and how embarrassed she was. I couldn't help it! I nearly died laughing. She shot me a fierce glare and Kurama smiled, but Hiei's reaction was odd.
 
“You're laughter is obnoxious, stop,” he said bluntly. Oh what I wouldn't give to just pick up that easel and… Argh! I huffed before straightening up and sticking my tongue out at him. With a tap on the shoulder from Kurama, I realized that Miroku was okay and scrambling into his seat as Kaede began the class. She gave us the usual introduction to Art Class, and then she allowed us to work on whatever we wish. I continued my sketch quickly. I felt Sango's eyes upon the paper before me, but I cared little as my pencil made quick, fierce lines to form a head, torso, arms, waist, hips, legs, hands, and feet. I had done the same process on the large paper four times before, and no person who had attended the school would be baffled and not understand what I was sketching. It was us. We stood all in various poses against an undecided backdrop, Sango the tallest and Rin and Keiko battling for the shortest. However, the look each of us held was odd.
 
“Why am I holding a gigantic boomerang?” Sango whispered.
 
“I dunno, I thought it looked funny!” I chuckled back.
 
“Okay… And is that an oar?!” she asked, pointing at Boton's hands.
 
“I meant it to be a wand, but an oar sounds better!” I said, making a few alterations. “There!”
 
“You've got a really skimpy school uniform on…” Sango pointed out.
 
“I like my legs!” I blushed.
 
“Whatever,” Sango rolled her eyes. “Rin looks like she's wearing a Kimono and holding a billion flowers!” she chuckled.
 
“That's because she is,” I responded bluntly.
 
“And Keiko's in a really, REALLY tacky school uniform…” she scrunched her nose and I laughed lightly.
 
“I thought it would bring out her eyes!” I kidded, finishing Keiko's hair.
 
“Whatever you say,” Sango said, turning back to her clay. I quickly began working on shadowing when I felt those same eyes boring into my back. I turned around quickly to catch the culprit, but Hiei, Shippo, and two people I didn't now were just sitting there, working on their artworks. I turned back around, nerves tingling. Why had I felt that again? It was becoming a bother! And with those thoughts, I set to work with the shading once more.
 
 
Well, that was fun. I whisked out of the art classroom when the bell rang and hurried down the hall, sketchbook and pencil case in my hand. My ebony hair still braided tightly and my blue eyes scanning the area for someone to talk to. Poor, poor Keiko… I nearly tackled the girl when I saw her, I grinning like a mad man when she looked up at me with tearful eyes. My smile faltered.
 
“Keiko? What's wrong?” I asked. She shook her head.
 
“Nothing… people are just rude…” she whispered. Translation: I've been teased, kick their asses for me Kagome!
 
“Who did it?” I asked, anger flaring. Keiko shook her head, smiling.
 
“It's okay, really!” she said, eyes scanning the hallways quickly. “Where's Sango?”
 
“Huh?” Oh yeah… Sango… Where DID she get off to? “I dunno…” I mumbled, turning around. Sure enough, Sango was talking to the new guy, Miroku. He grinned and laughed and messed with his hair while Sango laughed and slowly began to grow a permanent blush on her cheeks. Ugh, it was so cute seeing them together I could die. I felt the people around me buzzing with excitement at the look of the new guy. Sure, he looked like Inuyasha's twin, just with shorter hair, but I think I liked Miroku a bit better. Granted, he didn't cheat on me with my twin sister, but still…
 
“Hey Miroku, hi Sango!” I called out, waving them down.
 
“Oh- uh- hey Kagome!” Sango said, shifting nervously.
 
“So, you giving Miroku the grand tour?” I asked, knowing that that wasn't the case.
 
“Yeah!” Sango said all too quickly.
 
“Great! Be sure not to miss your next class… What is it anyway?” I wondered what I was going to
as well while pulling my wrinkled schedule out of my pocket.
 
“Algebra II…” I grumbled, frustrated. I turned to Sango. “You?”
 
“Creative writing…” she, in turn, faced Miroku. “What do you have?” she asked.
 
“English III…” he said, not at all happy. “Great…”
 
“Art…” Keiko muttered, bored.
 
“Well then!” I began, “The world IS out to get us!”
 
“Ha. Ha. Ha,” Sango said, dull and monotonous. “Creative Writing is on the other side of the building!” she whined. “I have to head there now if I'm supposed to be there on time!” and with that, she left our little pow-wow.
 
“And alas, I have no IDEA where my classroom is!” Miroku grumbled.
 
“Oh, no problem!” I smiled, “It's right next to Algebra II's classroom! I'll show you!” and, with a wave to Keiko, I lead Miroku down three different halls and pointed him to the room next to the one I was headed into. “Her name is Mrs. Frank!” I called before slipping into my own classroom.
 
Peering around at a few people that had already come into the classroom, I was relieved to see that I could pick my own seat. Boton waved at me from her desk, and Rin smiled, reading her magazine while her feet were up on the desktop. I chose the seat to the right of Boton and behind Rin mainly because it was the very back corner and everyone knew that it had the best sunlight in the entire school, next only to the cafeteria. I winced slightly as Koga entered and slipped into the seat next to me on the left. More and more people filed into the room, but I didn't see whom I was hoping to share this particular class with. I laid my head down and sighed. Just my luck… I heard shuffling and those eyes bore into the top of my head before I jerked up, trying to find out who it could be.
 
What the hell?!
 
Kurama and Hiei were BOTH in this class, too? Whoa… Kurama had taken the seat next to Rin, and Hiei took the one on the other side of Koga. Go figure he'd want a back row seat. I shook my head. Only Hiei… The instructor of the class strutted in and I sighed, ready for a hard course. She had long, thick black locks of hair that were curled and tucked perfectly and fell at her lower back. Her outfit was worse than Kikyo's: a denim dress with three-quarter length sleeves and cuffs. The dress itself fell to mid-thigh, and she had on black leather boots. She was painted up thickly and had on dark crimson lipstick and heavy dark eyeshadow. She had chocolate brown eyes and her bust was falling out of the outfit.
 
“Hello class,” she said, her voice “seductive”. (I personally thought she sounded, and looked, like a prat… but that's just me…) Half the guys groaned, but I noted that both Hiei and Kurama looked disgusted if anything. A hand shot into the air. “Yes?” she asked.
 
“Aren't you that pop sensation Yuuki Moshimoto?” a quite little girl asked, stunned at the woman's boldness.
 
“Why… yes… yes I am,” the instructor, I couldn't bring myself to call her a teacher, said. “And I'm going to hand out a quiz now, please answer all of them to the best of your abilities… I sighed as I received the test, but looked at it in a bored manner. What the fuck is this?
 
 
What does Ms. Moshimoto do in her spare time?
 
How does Ms. Moshimoto like to have her look?
 
How smart do you believe Ms. Moshimoto really is?
 
How do you feel you and Your Peers Will Fair in Ms. Moshimoto's class?
 
 
And on the test went. I never felt so sick in my life. What. A. SKANK. So, I filled out the test and turned it in quickly and quietly. I was pleased with my answers as the class finished. I silently wondered what exactly Hiei and Kurama were putting down, but I kept to myself. With about ten minutes of class left, Moshimoto called me to the front of the classroom.
 
“Kagome Higurashi, correct?” she asked. I nodded, not wanting to speak to trash. “Here,” she said, handing me my paper, “read both the questions and your answers aloud.”
 
“What does Ms. Moshimoto do in her spare time?” I asked. “She works hard to find new ways to look like trailer trash,” I answered. I got a fit of giggles from the girls and Kurama smiled. “How does Ms. Moshimoto like to have her look?” I said dully. “With a side order of slut,” I responded. This raised more laughter and odd looks from the guys. “How smart do you believe Ms. Moshimoto really is?” I said, a bitter taste rising into my mouth. “Such a pity IQ test don't run in the negatives, then we'd know for SURE!” I chuckled. Now the room was trying so hard not to laugh that tears were rolling down numerous cheeks. I noted, with pride, that I even drew a smile from Hiei.
 
“That's enough!” Ms. Moshimoto hissed, snatching the paper away. I laughed.
 
“Our principal must be off his rocker to have let you in the building… Or, maybe he's just a guy!” I snapped, returning to my seat, feeling better about myself already.
 
“Kagome, that was awesome!” Rin laughed, patting me on the back as I walked by. I hadn't really answered those questions like that, I just lied, but once I got up there, I had to say how I felt! So I did… I'll probably end up in detention for it, too. At that moment, a short, plump man waddled into the classroom.
 
“Yuuki? Yuuki! What are you doing in MY classroom?” the man exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow.
 
“Oh… hello… Mr. Noshitaka!” and with that, the woman fled the room, the man jogging after her. The classroom filled with a buzz and whispers of who the teacher could possibly have been. With a sigh, I stood up, walking to the front of the class and preparing to walk out the door.
 
“Kagome?” Kurama asked, his eyes questioning my motives. I merely shrugged and walked out of the class, shutting the door.
 
“Mr. Noshitaka, I'm sure it's fine, we just need a teacher now… Who was she and why the heck was she here?” I asked bluntly. The old man sighed.
 
“She's supposed to be in the Sex Ed. classroom…” he sighed. “She's also going to be giving a concert for the school's opening ceremony you threw together, remember?” I nodded before opening the classroom door and leading the teacher inside. Heading to my desk, I cringed as the loud ringing of the school bell echoed through my ears. Ugh. Scooping up my sketchbook and pencil case, I filed out of the room with the rest of the class. On our way out, I was slightly saddened to see Mr. Noshitaka handing textbooks out like candy. Accepting my book calmly, I headed out of the room and towards my locker.
“Have I told you how good those pants look on you?” a voice whispered in my ear, making me jump. Oh, it was just Miroku… But what was he doing? What about Sango?! I thought he was hot, yes, but Sango and him were so cute together… What was he trying to pull?! “But,” he began, “they'd look better on my bedroom floor!” he and I shared a good laugh about that.
 
“You're such a dork!” I pointed out and he grinned.
 
“Whatever I can do to please the ladies!” and with that, he headed back towards his locker.
 
- Chapter Ends -
 
Bre: Soooo…. Did you like it? PLEASE review! I'm on a spree today… Hahaha… Well, I'm outtie, toodles!