InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Noshika High ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bre: Whoo-hoo for fun! OMG. I'll love you if you review me. No, seriously, you'll all get a big high-five and, since my B-Day party was a lil' while back, you get cake. Muahahahahaha. Cake. MMMMM. XD
 
Disclaimer: Me no own, you no sue.
 
Story/Chapter Warnings: Cursing, Alternate Universe, New-and-Improved Kagome, Kikyo-hate, No Inu-ears, First Person View 24/7 (Kagome)
 
Summary: I knew once I laid eyes on him that he was off-limits. I knew that from the moment he spoke that he had to have been a figment of my deluded mind. I knew that after everything I told myself, nothing could possibly stop me from loving him.
 
Pairings: Hiei/Kagome/Kurama, Inuyasha/Kikyo, Miroku/Sango, Sesshomaru/Rin, Yusuke/Keiko, and Kuwabara/Yukina
 
---
 
“ ” - Spoken
` ' - Thought
(( )) - Author's Notes
---: Scene Change/Other
 
---
 
-Chapter Begins-
 
I groaned as I lugged my heavy (honestly, who the hell assigns one student ten textbook homework pages on the first day? Ugh….) messenger bag up the stairs to my shrine. The books were rubbing against my thigh through the coarse material and my hands clutched my sketchbook. I was, almost, positive that any second now, the books would break through my bag and fall everywhere, but luckily for me, I was spared. With a sigh of relief, I reached the top of the stairs. Pulling the strap over my head, I set the bag (and books) onto the ground.
The sudden change of weight shocked my tired body and I felt myself stagger a tiny bit before falling backwards. Bracing myself for the long fall down the steps, I never expected someone to break it. My body collided into that of someone else's, and I felt whoever it was fall onto the ground, me in their arms.
“Uh… thanks…” I said, struggling to get up. A flash of silver came into view and I groaned, knowing who had come to the shrine. “Inuyasha,” I stated in a supposed-to-be-bored tone, “what are you doing here?” I asked before running fast and hard up the stairs, wanting to get away from him.
“Kagome, wait!” Inuyasha called, following me. I was in no way quicker than him, but my determination found me as I bolted into the shrine and locked the door, pulling down the screen. Back to the door, I slid down slowly until I was sitting, knees hugged to my chest tightly, and breathing heavily. “Kagome,” Inuyasha knocked on the door. “Kagome, I know you can hear me, so I'll just tell you what I have to say now, alright?” I heard him suck in a deep breath.
“I'm not sorry that I'm dating Kikyo,” he stated bluntly, and I held back a groan. “What I am sorry about is that I hurt you,” he whispered. “You were my best friend in the world! I miss that, but I love Kikyo, and if you can't handle that then… then you're just being a bitch!” Inuyasha's steps echoed in my ears as he walked away from the shrine and down the steps.
“I'm sorry…” I whispered, but not to Inuyasha. Instead, my whispered words were left on the wind for only the gods to hear. I stood up slowly and staggered towards the kitchen, heart pounding in my ears and stomach in my throat. I felt nauseous. With a bolt to the bathroom, I leaned over the toilet bowl and let my body empty itself of the mystery meat we had eaten at lunch…
 
“Kagome!” Sango whined, setting the bowl of ramen she had made on the table next to my bed. “Why didn't you tell me you didn't feel so well after lunch?” I shrugged, eyeing the ramen. I was never one for the stuff… Inuyasha seemed much more obsessive with the noodles and flavoring than me… However, thinking about the ramen made my stomach churn, so those thoughts were put to rest quickly.
I had thrown up over ten times daily for the three days before this one, all the way until I could only cough up acid. After the visit from Inuyasha, I had thrown up, yes, but against all the reason's I thought I had thrown up, the doctors insisted that they found that I had eaten raw beef in that mystery meat and that the school gravy was about ten days expired. Imagine what that bit of information did for my stomach… Ugh. Since that day, I'd been in bed for three and a half days, and this was the afternoon of my fourth.
“I'm so sorry, Kagome!” Boton said from her seat by my feet. I smiled lightly.
“It's not your fault the cafeteria poisoned me!” I said. I had yet to tell them of Inuyasha's visit… In all truth, I really didn't want to… He HAD, after all, called me a bitch, and I knew that Sango wouldn't be one to sit back and let him get away with it. Nope, Sango would be suspended from school within twelve hours if I ever dared to tell her of the incident. So, I kept my mouth shut.
“Kagome, KAGOME!” Keiko ran into the room and hugged my around the neck lightly. I smiled and nodded. “Kagome, do you know about the school?” she asked excitedly. I shook my head. “They're shutting it down for ten full days because of your incident… Apparently, sixty-something other kids got it too! If the school doesn't shape up by the end of the shutdown, we're getting an entirely new staff! Isn't that awesome?” I nodded as Sango punched the air and Boton high-fived Keiko gleefully. Personally, I didn't want to be out of school… I had nothing to do at home… Ah, but how could I forget? As of May 21st, I have a license! Laughing gleefully at this new thought I was pleased to find that I felt no need to throw up anything, and that just furthered my glee.
 
“Kagome,” my mother said, poking her head in my doorway.
“Yes mom?” I asked, looking up from the sketch I was still working on.
“There are two boys here to see you, should I let them come in?” I nodded at her words and hid my sketch under my bed. Who could it be? A flash of red-magenta silenced this thought and I smiled lightly as Kurama and Hiei entered my room.
“Hey,” I said.
“Hello, are you feeling well?” Kurama asked politely. I almost laughed at how mature he was. Almost being the key word.
“I'm better, but not entirely well as of yet…” I sighed. He nodded.
“I assume you've heard of the school's position?” he questioned and I graced him with a nod. Then the feeling came to me. Those eyes were piercing into my skin. I turned and found that Hiei was leaning against my door frame, his black jeans and crimson T-shirt catching my eye for the first time that day. However, he was looking in the exact opposite direction. “Koga sent us,” Kurama's voice piped up.
“Huh? What the hell is he trying to pull THIS time?” I asked and Kurama shook his head.
“He's not that bad, is he? I mean, he asked me to tell you that he sends his love, even though he too is ill… He also sent these,” as Kurama spoke the last four words, he lifted a bouquet I had failed to notice he brought on his way in. Blood red roses were wrapped in a dark green tissue-like paper. “Also… I don't believe he uttered the words `My Woman' once while he spoke of you…” Kurama laid the roses on my bed-side table and stood. “He truly does care for you…” he whispered.
“I know that… but he and I just… clash…” I whispered, a feeling of guilt rising into my chest. “Did you say he's sick, too? Is it the same thing?” Kurama nodded and I slunk back into the bed. “Great… now I feel just peachy!” I bit out.
“Don't feel guilt,” I was shocked as Hiei spoke up, his eyes staring straight into my soul. My eyes widened and I felt confusion dawn on me. “If you don't feel anything towards him- romantically- then don't feel guilty. All you'll do is lead him on. If you do that, you're more a bitch than Inuyasha lets on in the locker rooms…” and with that, he silenced himself, opting to look at the hallway instead of myself anymore. I sighed.
“I suppose you're right… but I can't help but feel some--- Hey! Inuyasha talks about me in the locker rooms? He called me a bitch? What the hell?!” I jumped out of bed, but I felt nauseous all over again and fell back into bed. Kurama shook his head, moving my body slightly before pulling the covers back up.
“It's nothing,” he said. “He, too, feels guilt for what he did to you,” he whispered.
“You lie, Minamino,” Hiei said, his voice flooding my ears once more. “The truth will be rough, but give it to her anyway,” He turned once more.
“Hiei,” I said, but he didn't turn to me, “if you are so high-and-mighty, you tell me what the truth is.”
“He isn't guilty. He is unconfident that he made the correct choice…” and with that, Hiei left my room. Kurama shook his head.
“Hiei isn't famous for his manners, but he doesn't dislike you, I just thought you should know that…” he said and followed after his friends, leaving me to be confused and upset.
 
Two days later I found myself out of bed and eating just about everything I could get my hands on. Crackers, soup, popcorn, cereal--- anything that could get me full again was eaten in a heartbeat. After successfully taking care of my hunger, I figured a shower was in order. What? I went six days without a shower! What else could I do?
In a rush to get to the bathroom immediately, I grabbed the clothes I had laid out for the day and bolted into my bathroom, locking the door behind me. Stripping myself of the panda pajamas I had on, I quickly turned on the hot water in the shower, stepping in quickly. I felt the steam from the scalding water rush into the air, drenching the dry room with moisture. I shut the glass door tightly and sighed. Leaning my forehead against the cool glass and allowing the steaming water to run in streams down my back.
“Unconfident?” I thought aloud to myself. “Inuyasha and unconfident don't belong in a sentence together unless `not' is somewhere in between…” it was odd… How could someone as strong and as daring as Inuyasha lose his footing over two girls? Twin girls, to be exact… Speaking of which…
“KAGOME!” Kikyo's voice echoed throughout the bathroom as she banged her fist on my bathroom door.
“WHAT?” I screamed back.
“I NEED YOUR LIPGLOSS!” she shouted, the water still pounding down on me and fogging the room.
“I'M OUT!” I lied, trying to get her to go away. It worked. The banging subsided, and I was once again left in the peace and quiet that my thoughts executed while rushing back to me. “This isn't fair!” I whined, continuing my shower in a deranged peace.
 
“Kagome!” Rin screamed in her hyper-active glee, bounding up to me and pulling me into a tight hug. “I'm so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so---”
“Rin!” I laughed, “I get it!”
“Sorry that I couldn't see you while you were sick!” Rin finished. I grinned.
“S'okay!” I assured her. “Plus, with school shut down and all, what else should you be doing but getting the latest scoop on it all?” Rin wanted to become a reporter, so we all knew that she spent her time engrossed with the pen as she vigorously attempted to hunt down the staff member responsible for the raw meat and expired gravy.
“Well, you know me!” Rin laughed. “I just had to hunt down the people responsible fore your harsh condition!” Rin added a dramatic sob and threw herself once more at Kagome in a hug. “I thought you were close to death!” she joked. I laughed a little before setting Rin down. I knew I could trust her not to blow up at the information I was about to give her, so I told her. Everything. I told her about the Inuyasha incident, the sickness, Koga's gift, Kurama's visit with Hiei, and Hiei's words. By the end, Rin was in deep thought.
“What do you think?” I asked her, hoping for a positive answer.
“I think you need to accept Inuyasha's apology… Apparently Hiei's words were out-dated like that gravy. It seems as if Inuyasha did, at one point, lead on that he was torn between you and Kikyo, but he made up his mind before coming and seeing you… Why else on would he wait so long to confront you? I think, now, you need to do the same and forget Hiei's words. Inuyasha seems to be a good guy… Maybe you could be friends?” she finished and I decided that it would make perfect sense. Inuyasha and Hiei weren't friends, not enemies either, mind you, so the only way Hiei would get to hear about Inu's problem would be gossip…
Right?
 
- Chapter Ends -
 
---
 
Bre: How was that? I hope it was a decent chapter, otherwise I would be sad… I'd like to thank everyone who reviews ahead of time and say I heart you all!