InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman ❯ Light of the Fire ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It seemed like just yesterday she was the little girl following him around. Now she was older, more mature.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, I got more firewood!”
 
His eyes trailed to the edge of the woods where the woman's voice came from. He watched as she came out of the woods with an armful of sticks and logs. Her black hair went down to her lower back, and she always kept it down. Her green eyes sparkled in the light of the fire, her pale skin shone like porcelain, covering her curvy body. She wore a lavender-red kimono with gold symbols, pink roses, and green vines on it. Kneeling down, she made a noise of effort as she carefully dropped each piece of wood into the fire. The cinders flew but eventually died down as she sat around the fire, opposite of Sesshomaru. She smiled in pride at herself. Sesshomaru just stared into the nothingness of the flames dancing in front of him. The girl yawned. “Goodnight, Lord Sesshomaru. Goodnight, Jaken.” She looked over at the sleeping toad demon before lying down and going to sleep herself.
 
Sleep. It just didn't come to him. He looked over at Rin, her sleeping face as beautiful as her daytime look. The fire lit up her face, shining with a light that could only come from heaven. Sesshomaru was in surprise at himself. Every night he would do this, thinking she was beautiful. This pathetic human girl. He didn't love her….did he?