InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ NOT ANOTHER HIGH-SCHOOL FANFIC!! ❯ In which Kagome breaks the news to her friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unfortunately, I don't own Inuyasha.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
 
“Private school? You're going to private school?”
“Could you be a little louder? I don't think everyone heard you!”
“PRIVATE SCHOOL! YOU'RE GOING TO PRIVATE SCHOOL?!” Eri yelled.
Kagome flushed as everyone stared at them. She had decided to break the news to her best friends before class before classes began, and this was the result. Yuka looked as red as Kagome. You would think that after knowing each other for practically forever that they would get used to Eri's outbursts. Apparently the rest of the school had, for they soon stopped staring at them, and continued their various pre-class activities.
“I'll miss you sooo much!” Yuka swept her up in a fierce hug. Kagome could feel a wetness sliding down her neck. She could feel herself tear up in response.
“Don't worry, it's not like I'll be leaving Tokyo! We'll still see each other!” She blinked hard to clear her eyes.
“But why the sudden change?” Eri dragged her away from Yuka, giving them both a tissue.
Here it was-the question Kagome did not want to answer. She couldn't very well tell them that she had spiritual powers that needed taming, but it was extremely hard to lie to her friends. Eri could practically tell you're lying before a word escaped her mouth.
“Kagome!”
“Oh!” Eri was looking at her expectantly. “Well, Mom thought it was best”, she said vaguely. (At least that much was the truth). “Grandpa agreed.”
“But your grandfather's insane!” Eri shrieked. Yuka recovered enough to slap Eri's shoulder in disapproval. “It's true! He tried to purify me when I dyed my hair red! He thought I was possessed or some weird thing.”
She had to mention that.
“Well my mom's perfectly sane.” Kagome looked at Yuka, avoiding Eri's eyes. “I have no idea why she wanted me to switch schools, but she mentioned that it's a good school, and some of my family went there is the past. I hardly think that's enough reason to transfer, but I can't say no to my mom, so…” Kagome risked a glance at Eri. She had a small frown on her face. Kagome know that look- time to distract her.
“Anyway, I start on Monday”
“WHAT?! YOU'LL BE GONE BY MONDAY?”
This was the first time Kagome actually wished that classes would start already.