InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ NOT ANOTHER HIGH-SCHOOL FANFIC!! ❯ In which the descent into madness begins ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Inuyasha.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
The rest of the week passed by in a rush. News of her imminent departure spread like wildfire (Eri's yelling no doubt helped quite a bit). Everyone was taken aback by the abrupt change. Kgome had to endure several impromptu farewell parties. First the volley ball team (We'll miss your spike!), then the quiz bowl club (If we don't win tournament this year, it'll be your fault!), her classmates (we'll miss you!) and finally her best friends (lots of hugging and crying).
Monday rolled around too quickly to her liking. As she dragged herself through the gates of Shikon Academy (she had been to this area of Tokyo countless times before and had never noticed this place before). She couldn't help but feel a bit depressed. Right about now, Eri, Yuka and Ayumi would be-
“Hi! I'm Ami! What's your name? You must be new, right?”
Kagome looked down at this irritatingly chipper girl. Couldn't she see that she was interrupting some serious moping?
“What makes you think that?” She asked in a syrupy sweet voice.
“Well, just look at you!” She touched the green cuffs of Kagome's uniform. “You come from a different school, right?”
Kagome frowned as the girl's skin brushed against hers. It felt tough, not at all normal. It stirred an almost forgotten memory. Kagome ignored this in favor of looking down at her clothes in mock-surprise. “Would you look at that! It is different! Why-” Someone suddenly grabbed her hand.
“You need to go to administration. I'll take you. Class starts in 5 minutes, Ami. Come on” The owner of the commanding, yet unmistakably feminine voice began to lead Kagome away. Kagome looked at the person dragging her off. All she could see was the person's back.
“Um…” Kagome ventured. The person stopped and turned.
“Sorry. I'm Sango. I was supposed to meet you, but it looks like Ami got there first. You really shouldn't tease the first years, you know. Although it looks like Ami has a bit more to learn about sarcasm…”
They shared a laugh. Kagome suddenly felt a lot better.
“I'm just a bit bummed about this sudden switch in schools. No more teasing 1st years.”
Sango smiled “Well, West Tokyo High. I totally understand. But we do have our merits here, you know.” She stopped and knocked on a door. She heard someone invite them in. Sango pushed the door open and steered Kagome in. “Well this is it! I'll see you later!” with a wave, she was gone.