InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Where we are Now ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own very little characters in this story. But the original characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi.
 
Chapter 1: Where we are Now
 
Just a few years had past since they had traveled. So for Kagome who was about to journey to the North Mountains where a tribe was in a need of her help, it would be a change. When she was packing in her moderate sized room, she heard giggling coming from the outside. While looking out the window, she saw her daughter run away from the man she loved, her husband.
 
Her 1-year-old daughter, Mira, was waddling close to the edge of the bridge near the house and about to fall in. She saw her mate run up to Mira to keep her from falling in but fell in himself after he realized Mira regained her balance.
 
Mira turned around and saw her father in the water all wet from head to toe. She started to giggle and clap her hands over the sight of him.
 
Kagome walked out over to the bridge. "Are you being a pain for daddy?" she asked her daughter while picking her up.
 
"Yes she is," her husband said while getting out of the water. Her husband and mate is Inuyasha, the hanyou.
 
It has been four years since the Shikon-no-tama was placed back together and under her care. Four years since Naraku was last seen. Now she is with Inuyasha, her husband and mate for the past two years. They were blessed with a wonderful daughter, almost about to turn the age of one.
 
Ever since the jewel was placed back together, her `powers' have grown, and she became very mature. Inuyasha stayed the same, being hanyou, and very proud that he was the same so he can protect his family. And considering that his demonic blood was powerful, it gave Mira the blood of a hanyou as well.
 
"When will you be back?" asked Inuyasha, ringing the water from his haori.
 
"I don't know, but I still have to pack a little more," she said. Mira started to make bubble noises. "And when I am gone, I expect you to take care of Mira. And no teaching her how to fight again."
 
"Ahh, you never let me have any fun," Inuyasha said with a pout. He wraps his arms around his family. "I wish I could go with you to help you out."
 
"Well I wish you could go too, but you have to stay and protect Mira from harm and you're the best one to do that, not me," she said while handing Mira to him.
 
"Besides you need to spend more time with her while I am away."
 
He sighed, "Well I want you to be safe."
 
"I know you do and stop being a worry wart," she said back to him. "Now it's my turn to have a little fun." She smiled. She noticed that Mira fell asleep in her father's arms. "I better finish packing now before she wakes up, because it will be hard to leave her when she is awake and crying out for me."
 
"Yeah, I know," he said agreeing with her. He followed her into the house and put Mira in her room and walked out.
 
~About an hour later, Inuyasha hugged Kagome tightly. ~
 
"Be safe and come back unscratched. If I see one thing misplaced, I will beat down anyone who hurts you," he growled
 
"Well I will make sure that not even a piece of hair is missing from my head when I come back," she said while trying not to giggle over his protectiveness. "I will try to be back in two weeks. And if I don't return, don't look for me," she said with a sad tone.
 
"Wha… Not look for you. Are you crazy!?" he answered back with a harsh tone.
 
"I might be crazy, but if I am not here, you have to take care of Mira. I do not want her to grow up without a father too if I'm gone," she gave him a hug, she can see in his amber eyes how much she was right.
 
"I know," he answered softly while holding her.
 
"And if I am gone longer than I am," she pulled and grabbed the Shikon-no-tama from her bag and placed it around his neck. "I want you to protect the jewel. The jewel will have to have someone to protect it and a new owner. That's why I am giving it to you, Mira will likely get it. Her powers will grow by age, and will be old enough to use its powers."
 
"Are you sure? The jewel is more powerful than ever now and I'm afraid that Mira will not be able to control the Shikon jewel," he said while taking the jewel off from around his neck and looked at it.
 
"Yes, I am sure. And I think it will be better off with her, because she will grow powerful with it than without it," she answered back and placed her hand on top of the jewel. "With Mira, she has a better shot at protecting it from evil. He is still around and after the jewel."
 
"You're right. Now you get going before the sun sets."
 
"I will miss you," Kagome gave him one last kiss. "Good-bye."
 
"Bye." With those last words, they parted.
 
Inuyasha went inside and slid open the door where Mira was. He walked up to her crib that they had brought from Kagome's time and smiled upon her.
 
"Well your mother's gone. I wish I could go with her, but I know she can take care of herself," he said softly not to wake Mira up. "If I ever lost her or you, I don't know what I would do. I would lose my heart if I lost both of you. When we were saying our last words to each other, she told me not to find her or anything when she doesn't return. She said that out of nowhere like it will come true. I hope it isn't"
 
He reached down into the crib and gently ran his claw along her face. "I promise you that if your mother was, I won't leave you," he said with a hushed voice not to go any louder. "I don't want you to grow up without any parents like I did."
 
Mira opened her mixed black and yellow eyes. He was amazed how her features are like his and Kagome's.
 
Mira was staring to grow sliver streaks in her hair at this young of age with her little white black-tipped puppy ears. Soon when she gets the age of 6, she will be able to turn to her youkai part and her human part without waiting for the new moon, when Inuyasha turns human.
 
All Inuyasha did was smile down at his pup when she went to sleep again.
 
~The path toward the Northern Mountains ~
 
Kagome was halfway there when she heard a noise coming from behind her. She looked around but nothing was there.
 
"I can't believe this is turning out be by my vision; I thought it will never come to pass if I went on this trip," she said to herself while continuing to walk.
 
~Her vision~
 
Kagome was walking down a path with a pack on her back and her bow and arrow drawn for protection. She continued to hear noises coming all around her like she is going to be captured. She saw a big youkai shadow coming toward her with evil red eyes.
 
The youkai was two times bigger than she. Before she could launch her arrow she was hit so hard it knocked her out.
 
~End of vision~
 
The noise happened again but from behind her. She drew an arrow toward the noise behind her ready to slay down the creature that was after her. Nothing was there.
 
The noise was louder and now in front of her. She turned her head over her shoulder and saw the shadow youkai with the red eyes. Before she could defend herself, she was caught.
 
The youkai was grabbing her so tight she was going to pass out. Before she could, she heard about an evil laugh that was familiar, so familiar that laughed belonged to Naraku.
 
~Back at the village~
 
Inuyasha shot up in bed with a cold sweat running down his face. He looked around the room and saw the Shikon-no-tama, glowing a blazing red. He knew something was wrong. He moved his ears to the side when her heard Mira starting to cry. He went to her room and picked her up.
 
He began rock her back and forth to calm her down. But she wouldn't refused knowing that something was wrong. Soon enough the mark on his arm started to burn, realizing that something must have happened to Kagome on her journey. He grabbed a blanket and the jewel that blazed angry red; he ran to Kaede's hut.
 
When Inuyasha was about to go inside, he noticed the fire was going. He walked inside and noticed the old woman awake.
 
"I know why ye are here," Kaede looked up at Inuyasha and the jewel in his hand that was red.
 
"Babba-chan, I have a feeling that something happened to Kagome," Inuyasha said with a sad look with his ears down.
 
"Ye are right, something did happen to her," Kaede said while looking into the hanyou's eyes. "She's gone but still alive."
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~