InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Return and Departure ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2:Return and Departure
 
*3 years passed.*
 
Mira ran out of the nearby shrine wearing little miko robes. Mira now is about the age of four. Still looking really cute with her cute little white with black tips doggy ears, her blazing black-yellow eyes, and her black with white streaked hair.
 
"Mira, get back here child!" yelled the old miko, Kaede, trying to run after her but couldn't cause of her old age.
 
Mira ran up to the top of the nearby hill where her father, Inuyasha, and Shippo were training together.
 
Shippo grew up with Inuyasha and Kagome, but Inuyasha ended up taking care of him for the past three years with Mira. Shippo is now the age of 13 and now the kitsune is not the tiny one anymore. His once puffy tail is a longer fox shape. His eyes are now greener than before. His hair is longer about shoulder length but still keeps it up.
 
"Daddy!" Mira cried with happy joy running to him.
 
Inuyasha looked and saw his daughter run to him. When she came, he picked her up, and she giggled with glee.
 
"Hi, daddy," she giggled.
 
"How's my little pup?" He said with a smile and noticed Shippo coming to them.
 
"I no pup," Mira said with a pout.
 
"Yes you are," Inuyasha said while tickling Mira's little ear, and she giggled.
 
"Mira!" Kaede yelled while walking up the hill.
 
When hearing her name, Mira pouted and pasted her ears to her head knowing she was in trouble.
 
Kaede walked up to Inuyasha, Mira, and Shippo. "Little Mira, our lesson was not yet finished." The elder priestess crossed her arms. "Mira why did you run away from ye lesson?"
 
Mira pouted and tried to hind her face in Inuyasha's haori.
 
Inuyasha noticed Mira's actions. "Why did you leave your lesson, Mira? You know you can't do that with permission," he said to Mira. "Now say your say you're sorry to Kaede."
 
Mira took her face out of her father's neck and looked over to Kaede. "Gomen Kaede, I really didn't mean to run away, but it was so boring."
 
"Well ye are forgiven, child. We are almost done. If ye are planning to be the miko of the village after I am gone then ye must learn everything ye need to know from me," Kaede said while crossing her arms the best she could.
 
"I know but it's boring," Mira sighed.
 
"Well you have to get used to it," Inuyasha said to Mira.
 
Mira pouted again over the fact she has to learn everything there is to be a miko.
 
"Give her a break, she is still young," Shippo said giving Mira a smile. "Let her have fun now before it's too late."
 
Mira smiled back at him. "Daddy, are we still going to see gramma today?" she asked her father.
 
"Hai, we are but now you have to finish your lesson with Kaede." Inuyasha put Mira down on her feet.
 
Mira went back with Kaede into the shrine to finish her lessons. Whilst, Inuyasha went back to training Shippo.
 
~Later that day~
 
Inuyasha jumped out of the well with Mira in his arms, in the present. He walked out of the well house and went to the front door of Kagome's old home. He can remember the first time he dragged Kagome to come back with him to hunt down jewel shards. His thoughts were interrupted when…
 
"Daddy?" Mira asked. "Are you going to open the door?"
 
"Huh? Oh yeah." He opened the door and called out, "Noriko-san!"
 
Noriko, Kagome's mother, walked out of the kitchen whipping a dish dry. Seeing her son in law and granddaughter, she set the plate down and wiped her hands on her apron and stepped out into the hall to greet them.
 
"Gramma!" Mira cried with joy. She got out of her father's arms and ran to her grandmother.
 
Noriko bent down and opened her arms to her granddaughter. When Mira was in her arms, she gave her a big hug. She pulled away. "Who is this young girl? This isn't my grandbaby."
 
"Gramma, it's me," Mira jumped.
 
"Well I guess you are," Noriko joked. "I didn't eve realize it was you in your beautiful kimono."
 
Mira was wearing a pale orange with yellow flower petals on them. The belt was a bright yellow matching the flowers.
 
"Well it's me, and I'm not going to change one bit," Mira crossed her arms in front of her.
 
"Well you are going to change when you grow up," Noriko said with a smile. "And when you grow up, you are going to be the prettiest girl."
 
With her saying that, Mira smiled. "How about you go bug Sota. I bet he is dying to see you."
 
"Okay, gramma!" Mira was out of the room in a flash and up the stairs.
 
Noriko stood up and looked over at Inuyasha. "Do you want anything to eat?"
 
Inuyasha shook his head no.
 
"Really? Not even ramen?" She smiled at him.
 
His ears perked up and smiled big over the words "Ramen."
 
Noriko made ramen for Inuyasha. Inuyasha sat at the table. She looked over her shoulder and saw him in a deep thought.
 
"Have you had any luck on finding her yet?" Noriko asked.
 
Inuyasha set his ears down on top of his head. "No," he said softly. "I looked everywhere that I could look. I tired tracking her scent down but no luck."
 
"I hope… No, I know you'll find her sooner or later," she said to him to give him confidence as she came up behind him and patted his back.
 
"I hope you're right but every time I try to go and search, Mira is crying out for me. I know she needs me," he said.
 
Noriko placed the bowl of ramen with chopsticks in front of Inuyasha. "Well it's hard for a child to let go of the only parent they have for a short time." She watched as he began to eat. "You know she will let go when she is older and then you won't be able to let go, because she's your daughter."
 
"You're right," he said with his mouthful. "About this school-thingy you asked me to think about it for Mira, is it a really good idea for her to go?"
 
"I think it is. She will have a good education and everything she learns from school will her help her become a better miko." She placed her hands on the table.
 
"Well if you think so; I guess she could go," Inuyasha said while finishing his ramen.
 
"When she does go to school, you have to help remind her to do her homework and not wait till the last minute like Kagome," she said.
 
"Well it wasn't my fault when Kagome broke the jewel, and we wouldn't be on this quest, then she would have time to do her homework and take her tests. Feh," he crossed his arms over his chest.
 
All of a sudden there was a scream coming from upstairs, and Mira came running down the stairs.
 
"Daddy! Gramma!" Mira cried with tears coming down her eyes, Sota coming quickly behind her with a napkin in his hand.
 
Inuyasha stood up in a quick motion while the chair was sitting in fell back on the floor. Mira ran to him and jumped into his arms and hid her face between his neck and shoulder.
 
He wraps his arms around her swaying to calm her down. "What happened?" he asked.
 
Sota ran right by and went outside, giving the kerchief a little shake and coming back inside and stood next to his mother. Sota really hadn't changed that much, well, if you don't count him growing a few inches.
 
Mira looked at him with red-puffy eyes. "There was… there was… there was a big spider and it tried to eat me!"
 
Inuyasha and Noriko sweat-dropped over Mira's little act. At least they knew what Sota had in his hand.
 
"So much like her mother," Noriko sighed.
 
"Mira, you seen youkai that are bigger than spiders and you aren't scared of them," Inuyasha said.
 
"Well that's different because uhhh… because it just is," she crossed her arms while still in Inuyasha's arms. "And spiders are just so icky."
 
"You don't need to be afraid of them," Inuyasha said back to her.
 
"Mira, want to help me bake cookies so you can take home?" Noriko asked with a smile on her face.
 
"Yeah!" Mira got down of her father's arms.
 
After baking the cookies it was time to go home. Saying good-bye, Mira and Inuyasha left down the well towards the Warring States era.
 
When entering the hut, Inuyasha smelled that a fire was going. He walked down the hall of the hut and looked into the room to see Shippo asleep in a futon bed.
 
He walked to Mira's room and notices she feel asleep in his arms. He grabbed the bag of cookies from her hands and put them on a chest near her bed. He pulled off her kimono belt and outer kimono only leaving her under kimono on.
 
He laid her on the futon and covered her up with fur animal skins.
 
Inuyasha walked outside and sat on a nearby rock. He looked up at the starry night.
 
After staring up at the night sky for some time, he moved his ears to the side when he heard heavy breathing. When he turned his head, he saw a woman. He couldn't believe his eyes on who it was. It was Kagome. He got down from the rock neither one moving.
 
`It can't be real,' he thought. `Please let her be real.'
 
"Inuyasha…" Kagome said softy. She had tears in her eyes. She broke into a run and ran into his arms.
 
At first he didn't believe it was his Kagome but when he smelled her scent it was her.
 
"Kagome. I can't believe it's you. Now I have you, I am never letting you go," he had tears in his eyes hugging his love so tight to him.
 
"I know, I know." She can feel tears become more. She pulled away from him.
 
"Inuyasha, someone is going to go after Mira, because she has the Shikon-no-tama," Kagome said with anger in her eyes.
 
"Who is going to go after her?" Inuyasha asked.
 
Before Kagome had a chance to speak a youkai struck her from behind letting Kagome fall to ground and out of Inuyasha's arms.
 
Inuyasha's eyes went wide as he fell to Kagome's side holding her close to him while the blood, coming for her back, was dripping on his lap.
 
An evil laugh was heard.
 
"Kagome? Kagome! No, don't leave me!" Inuyasha cried.
 
Kagome opened her eyes toward him. She smiled her last smile to him. Her breathing became slower each minute until she was gone.
 
"No! Kagome!" Inuyasha cried harder over the loss of his love.
 
The laugh was heard again. Inuyasha stood up with the dried tears on his face. He knew that laugh from anywhere.
 
Naraku.
 
He heard a scream coming from the hut. When he got there it was too late. A lifeless body lay on the ground. Shippo laid unconscious by the futon that had been thrown in the destruction. But, the question was, where was Mira?
 
 
(A/N: I'll be truthful. This part of the fanfic was already written by someone, but I found it three or four years ago. And I don't think the person that wrote it even finished it. So I had some ideas in continuing it. If the original author reads this and has been continuing it, sorry. ^_^ But I promise from here on, it's all mine. Enjoy)
 
“MIRA!!” Inuyasha yelled. He sniffed the air, though he could pick up mostly dust and the dying fire's ashes.
 
He eventually found her scent and an odd aura. The scent of tears mainly, but they were her's none the less. Poor girl was terrified.
 
He followed the scent to the closet that was on the far side of the hut. Inuyasha slid the door open, to find her in the corner. And the aura that was there a minute ago had vanished.
 
“Mira.” He said softly.
 
Her hanyou ears picked up from the head towards her fathers voice and looked up at him. The poor girl got up from her spot on the ground and ran to her fathers open arms. Crying like there was no tomorrow, as if her life had ended.
 
“Come on, you have to be strong. No tears come on.” He said comfortingly in her ears.

The tears slowed but did not stop. Inuyasha stood up with his daughter in his arms, and walked over to where Shippo laid unconscious. At that moment he saw a gleam in the corner of his eye, when he looked it ended to the Shikon no tama.
 
`That damn jewel is gonna get her killed. I'll give it to Kaede; she'll know what to do. Sorry Noriko, but it looks like we won't be headin back any time soon.' He thought, his eye's darkening a bit more, `I'm so sorry Kagome. I'll have to teach her to fight.'
 
He set her down on the furs that still lay on the ground. Picking one up and setting it over the kit. Moving him would injure him more. And any damages that he had, and broken bones were better off not touched.
 
“Daddy?”
”What's wrong?”
 
“Is Shippo gonna be ok?”

”I don't know, we'll have to wait for morning.” He looked up at her, seeing that she was looking at the ground. Knees tucked into her chest. Just like her mother would if she were upset or tired.
 
“Tired?” He asked, though she said nothing. Inuyasha shook his head and got up. Walked over to her and picked her up, gently setting her in his lap. Mira snuggled up in his embrace, the safest place she ever felt and she fell asleep.