InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Meeting the Rest of the Family ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: Meeting the Rest of the Family
 
Mira understood that she could not stay. She had over stayed her welcome as it was. So while every one was outside, giving prayers to the dead, she gathered her things.
 
Her side had healed, but was still sore, Damn Koga and damn the poison Saya had used, and the injury had taken longer than she had hoped.
 
Saya came into the hut as Mira was packing, she knew very well that the young female hanyou could not stay very long, but, still, they had become very good friends as of lately.
 
“So, you are leaving today?” She asked as she leaned against the door beam, fiddling with her hands behind her back.
 
Mira looked at her from the corner of her eye and then dragged it back to cleaning her blades and sword.
 
“Yes, after I go to the cave.” Was the only thing she said.
 
“The very least you can do is stay for dinner.” She said next as she pushed off the beam and stood fully.

Mira looked up at her and sighed, “I guess I could.” She said as she stood, brushing off the dirt on her backside.
 
“YOU”RE HOME!!!” Someone called out side.
 
“Sounds like mom.” Saya said as she looked at the reed mat that covered the door.
 
Honou came in just a minute later, huffing from his run here, “Saya, come quick. Uncle Kohaku has returned home.” He said.
 
Saya's eyes brightened up and she smiled, and then looked at Mira, “Come on, better go and say hi, before mother hugs him to death. Not only that but you could use some sunlight.” She laughed lightly; grabbing Mira's clawed hand and pulling her out the door.

She hadn't been outside a lot these past couple of days, and the light blinded her sensitive eyes. She closed her amber ogles and waited a minute or two for them to adjust.
 
Once doing so, and she could see again, she saw Sango with her husband and another man. His outfit was identical to that of Saya's and Honou's. A turquoise green color was put in the place of Saya's green and Honou's dark blue. This must be the man by the name of Kohaku they have said.
 
Saya released Mira's hand and went up to greet her uncle, who was still being crushed in his sisters embrace.
 
Once Sango had released him he greeted her in return. Looking over her shoulder, he noticed Mira.

“We have a guest Ane-ue (Older sister - honorific no longer used today)?” He asked as he looked at his sister from the angle of his eye.
 
“Kohaku, this is Mira.” She said as Mira bowed to the man. Though she stayed low, remembering that these slayers deserved respect, as she has showed these past few days. She heard his footsteps move closer to her, but made no movement.
 
Kohaku looked down at her silver and black hair. As Mira looked up at the tall man, he gazed into her dark amber eyes.
 
“I know whose child you are.” He said.
 
Mira narrowed her eyes and straightened herself, “Ya so what you gonna do bout it? That a problem for ya?” She asked in a typical `Inuyasha' way.
 
Kohaku said nothing, but just continued to stare, “Hey, ya gonna keep starin' at me like that? Or are you gonna say something?” She said, “I'm really gettin' annoyed.”

He chuckled, “You definitely are his daughter.”

Mira's gaze softened. `He did this on purpose, damn him.' She thought.
 
“I ain't stayin long.” She mumbled under her breath.
 
He said nothing as he walked by her and into his childhood home. Heading to the graves and he too sent them a prayer.
 
Mira crossed her arms over her chest and looked around. The smell of graveyard soil was dreadfully fresh and disgusting. The birds and any form of animal had stopped coming here long ago. There was no life, other than the family that resided within the walls
 
Mira had decided not to head into the hut, but instead, to go to the hill that was not far from here, where she plopped onto soft warm grass and slipped her hands behind her head, resting easily. The smell of the fire quickly being reignited that she could smell from her place on the hill and the deer meat that Honou had caught with his father earlier that afternoon becoming very well cooked really reminded of home. Mira opened her eyes and stared at the blue sky. Frowning.
 
`I wonder how they are with out me.' She thought, a deeper frown protruding upon her features. `Father is probably really mad at me for leaving like that. But this must be done.'
 
Then she had fallen asleep under the warm sun, as if it were draping a blanket over her body.