InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Moving On ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16: Moving on
 
Once outside, you have no idea how glad she was to see real sunlight and smell the real scents in the air.
 
She stretched her arms over her head and enjoyed the suns rays. When she opened her eyes, two people sat in the small clearing with her. As though they were waiting for her, Saya and Honou just sat there near the entrance of the cave that lay close to their home.
 
“So where to?” Saya said as she laid eyes on the hanyou girl.
 
Mira looked at them with a stupid look, “What makes you think you're coming with me? Hm?” She asked.
 
`Man, must she be stubborn?' Saya asked herself, remembering the stories her father and mother had told her about Mira's parents. Both were stubborn especially to each other.
 
“Whether you like it or not, you gotta admit, you're stuck with us.” Saya said with a smirk.
 
Mira sighed and looked at the ground. And started walking, past them and into the forest. She stopped briefly, “Follow if you want, just don't slow me down.”

With that Saya and Honou gathered their things and followed her.
 
~At the hut~

Sango looked at her husband from the pot of stew she was cooking, who was praying in the corner again.
 
“Do you think they will be ok?” She asked.
 
Miroku looked up at her with concern in his face, “I believe that they will be just fine. We have taught them all they know.” He said, the look of concern fading away, replaced with a smile.
 
Sango was silent for a moment, “But not everything we know.” She said.
 
He nodded and went back to his meditation. While Sango went back to her cooking.
 
The hut was silent, Kohaku had left hours ago. Back on the road again. He would occasionally come by for a visit but never stayed long. Well, this is what Sango expected. She never wanted to keep him locked up for ever, but she was finally happy to see that he was no longer such.
 
Considering how long he was under Naraku's spell. She was always grateful to the man that did all this too.
 
~Flash back~

The time was quiet. Inuyasha and Kagome had been gone for a few hours. No doubt that they weren't enjoying their time alone, about half a year being courted and all.
 
Sango and Miroku were enjoying their time as well. Naraku hadn't been seen for a while, and Sango was expecting her twins sometime soon. Shippo and Kilala had stayed with Kaede, and on this fine spring day… it was perfect.
 
Miroku rested his hand on his wife's pregnant belly, feeling a gentle kick. He smiled with fatherly pride, not one of those perverted smiles he still shows and still got smacked for, but one of pride and peace.
 
Kilala was off to the side, resting on the cool grass. Just then, she perked up her head. Sniffing the air slightly, before running off.
 
Sango did her best to stand up. With a little bit of help from Miroku, she was capable of following the little kitten.
 
“Kilala, come back.” She called to the nekomatta, but it just kept running. Sango followed her into the forest. The smell of blood was very present in her nose.
 
When Kilala stopped, Sango slowed. Walking now, over to the kitten, who meowed up to her mistress, she knew why the kitten had come here.
 
There, in a puddle of his own blood… lay Kohaku. Dead.
 
Naraku obviously had no more use of him. Kilala wouldn't have come here had he not been real. So he finally disposed of him.
 
Sango dropped to her knees the best she could with out hurting the baby. Tears building in her eyes, she did her best not to cry. But the tears fell anyway.
 
After this whole time of trying to get him back, this is how she finds him. In a bloody heap.
 
A breeze flew by, carrying a demonic aura with it. Both the monk and taijiya knew whose it belonged to.
 
The Taiyoukai of the west had appeared out of no where, “What is it that you search for, Sesshomaru? If you search for Inuyasha, as you can see, he is not here.” Miroku said, knowing that his wife was in no mood for this.
 
“I have not come to see my insolent little brother, but to see this boy. I see that Naraku had disposed of him. And killed him in the process.”

“What's it to you?” Sango yelled at the demon, yet not once looking at him. Tears were falling on her brother's broken body.
 
“What it is to me means nothing, but it so seems that Tenseiga wishes to revive him.” The said blade was in deed pulsing at his hip. Even Miroku could feel the pulse of the demonic blade.
 
Sango gasped, and looked up at him. Miroku set a hand on her shoulder and pulled her back.
 
Sesshomaru removed his katana from the scabbard, feeling the pulsation quicken. The rest of the world turned dark, as he glimpsed at the evil little imps that intended to take the young lads soul to hell.
 
He slashed through them, watching them as they turned to dust, and return to where ever they came from.
 
The world returned to color, as the boy started to breathe once again. Sango stared down, with more tears falling down her cheeks, as she witness him tempt to stand on his own and look up at her.
 
“Ane-ue?” He breathed.
 
Sango fell to her knees once more and embraced her brother the best her large belly would allow.
 
Miroku smiled down at her, as she, and Kohaku embraced and cried. He looked over to Sesshomaru… to see that he had already left.
 
~End Flash Back~
 
Sango smiled when she remembered that her little brother was there with her and Miroku to witness her growing family. To see that he was alive and well. A total dream come true.
 
~With the newly formed group (three days later)~
 
Mira wandered far ahead of the twins, yet still with in eye sight of them.
 
“Its obvious she's never traveled with people before.” Saya whispered to her brother. Holding Kilala gently in her arms.
 
“I heard that.” Mira yelled from up ahead.
 
“Well, you're all the way up there. When are we going to take a break, my feet are killing me.” She called back, watching from the distance as the hanyou's ears turned to catch her voice.
 
“Well, if you weren't so damn slow, we wouldn't have a problem, now would we? Damn humans.” She yelled over her shoulder and looked forward to the setting sun.
 
Saya sighed and ran to catch up, her feet aching from the walking they had been doing, and Honou followed. Now she was grateful that they had brought Kilala with them. She had been more useful than she thought. Not seeing that Mira had stopped in the near clearing that they were about to enter, she ran into her, falling onto the cold hard ground below them.
 
“Damn it, what's your deal?” Saya yelled, as she rubbed her rear, as she looked up at Mira, gazing down at her.
 
“One minute we're to slow, and we run to catch up, then you stop. What's going on?”

Mira looked at the now red and pink sky.
 
“It's getting late. We'll camp here for tonight.” She said as she bounded to the tree in front of her.
 
Saya looked at her brother, who just shrugged. Honou was next to leave the clearing, carrying only his sword that sat on his hip.
 
Leaving Saya alone on the forest floor. So she collected wood for the fire, while Kilala helped, transforming into her larger self, and carried large pieces to heavy for her mistresses daughter.
 
The sun had fully set now, and Honou was still gone. Dinner was never the easiest thing to catch, especially for him.

Mira was still up in the tree, gazing intently at the horizon, towards the direction they have been walking in and will continue.
 
Saya looked up at the silver and black haired girl from her place on the round. She stood on a very thin branch, with her arms crossed.
 
`How the hell does she manage to stay up there with out falling?' Saya asked her self.
 
“Mira, why not come down and sit by the fire, where it's warm?” She called up. Knowing perfectly well that Mira had heard her. Though… no reply.
 
She merely glanced down then back up.
 
Saya sighed, and grabbed a hold of the lowest branch, and started climbing.
 
Mira had been in deep thought ever since she left. The thought of killing Naraku… well, was she capable of doing it? She wasn't very confident about this task she was given.
 
The sound of the limbs of the tree bending caught her attention, though she could pick up Saya's scent before she looked down. She seemed to be having trouble getting up the farther she traveled. The branches were getting thinner and thinner, dangerous for any human to come up.
 
Mira sighed and jumped down a few branches, surprising Saya, as she sat on the last thick branch. After that, the rest were literally too thin.
 
Saya sat next to Mira, “So you met Midoriko?” She asked.
 
Mira nodded, not saying anything, or even looking at her.
 
“And? Were all your questions answered?”

Another nod, “If I wish to bring my mother back without tainting the jewel, a life must be taken. The man that caused my mothers premature demise is what she said.”

Saya knew what she was talking about, “I know what you mean.” She said as she looked down at the ground that was practically eighty maybe ninety feet bellow, not feeling scared at all.
 
Mira looked at her with confusion, “My father and brother are cursed, with a wind void in their right hands.” She continued.
 
`Explains the prayer beads on their wrists.' Mira thought as she recalled the pale white and purple beads that were strung on both the men.
 
“He must die, if the void id to ever seal.”

”And if not?” Mira asked.
 
“It will suck them whole.” She whispered, letting one tear slide down her cheek, “I already lost my uncle once to him, I'm thankful he was brought back, but who knows what's gonna happen.” She said.
 
Mira didn't know what to say to help calm her down, so she said nothing and looked at the starry sky above them.
 
“We'll continue in the morning.” She finally said.
 
Saya nodded, not really wanting to complain.
(AN: well that's it for this chapter… So I was thinking what it would be like if Mira met Kikyo… HA that out to be good. Well, soon… soon I promise. Till next chapter. R&R. Tah)