InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Answers ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15: Answers
 
Mira could feel the flea shaking on her arm; she sighed and flicked him off. She flicked her ears in the direction he tumbled in, heard ever scratch and roll he made.
 
“Insignificant little child are you not?” Said the intruder, a tone flat yet demanding. “You know not that your father is worried?”
 
“This is something I need to do alone.” She replied, “And besides, he has no reason to worry. I learned from the best.”
 
She turned from the statue and faced the male that had approached. No sign of threat or danger in his scent.
 
“Why have you run away, Mira?” He asked, “It is too dangerous for a young hanyou like yourself.”

”Who are you to say anything; I'm not under your custody.” She said in a flat tone that matched his own. “And, yes I am aware of the dangers in this world…. Uncle Sesshomaru”
 
He stood there in the middle of the entrance, as cold in the face as ever, though now a days it seems that his expressions have softened.
 
Mira gave him a side glance and scoffed, “Why are you even here?” She asked.
 
Her uncle sneered smally, “I had no intentions of coming to search and care for you. But it so seems that your aunt and cousin were worried about you and had dragged me to seek you out.”
 
“Their here too?”

As if on cue two women stepped in behind him. One close to Shippo's age if not just a bit older. Black hair with a small ponytail on the side of her head, and brown eyes.
 
The other, was older. She wore an extravagant kimono of many layers, showing ranking in power. Magenta eyes and red lipstick held her features to a high beauty. Jade earrings dangled from her elf like ears.
 
“Aunt Kagura, Cousin Rin.”
 
Rin had caught sight of Mira and ran to her cousin into a hug, “Mira we were worried about you. We heard that you ran off, and we just wanted to make sure that you were ok.” She said as she pulled back, her hands on the young girl's shoulders.
 
“Worry not, I'm doing just fine.” Mira assured her with a smile.
 
Yes in truth Rin was not of direct blood, but they love her all the same. And it was no trouble if Shippo was to take her as a mate. Not being related by blood once so ever.
 
“Still, you should not have left the way you did.” She said.
 
“Well I for one am glad that Mira is out on her own and increasing her strength.” Kagura spoke y7up; walking up to the statue she had heard so much about.
 
Mira looked over her aunt, “How were you capable of entering the cave?”

“Simple, only those who have pure hearts are allowed to pass through. Even though we're demons, means that we have not vicious minds.” She replied to her niece.
 
“And you, Uncle. There has to be another reason why you are here.” Mira dragged her gaze from her aunt to her uncle; he too, was staring at the statue.
 
“The Shikon jewel is out in play again, you best be careful with it.” He said, “As for why I am here, I only wanted to see if you had brought it with you.”

Mira grasped the jewel and looked back at the statue. Kagura had walked back to her mate's side and was about to take their leave. Looking back at her niece once more, that was when she sensed something wrong.
 
Mira continued to stand there, unmoving. Something eerie aroused from the statue, and started glowing in a silvery light. The light expanded out ward, reaching toward Mira, before she, too, started glowing.
 
Rin was silent, scared, but she knew better than to run off into something she had no idea about and decided to keep her distance. Kagura, on the other hand, became very worried for Mira, and darted for the glow.
 
But, before she knew it, Sesshomaru stood in her path, blocking her from any movement at all.
 
Now through Mira's sight, everything went black. From the minute she saw the white light, everything blended into the darkness.
 
The words of the demons and human behind her, had fuzzed and flooded her ears, and quickly faded away. Next thing she knew, she was floating in mid air.
 
“You have come a long way from home my dear.” A voice rang in the nothingness.
 
Mira saw no one there, `What the hell?' Well, it really wasn't easy to see, even with her prospect. She looked every which way, and saw nothing.
 
Out of no where, a light blue light appeared in the distance. Mira tilted her head to the side and scrunched her gaze. Frankly enough, the beam of light that appeared out no where, seemingly got bigger. Engulfing every inch of the darkness.
 
`Where am I?' Mira asked in her head, “Is this Heaven?” She said aloud.
 
“No my dear. We are beyond your subconscious mind. A realm beyond all others, the only one left I am able to communicate you with.” The voice rang again. It reminded her that of her mothers. Only hers was unfamiliar, and … not her mom.
 
“Who are you? Show yourself already.” Mira yelled in the new light that now surrounded her, filling her with gentle warmth then cooled. A breeze like essence filled her very being. Mira felt confused… but contempt.
 
The voice laughed softly, “Such like your father, young Mira.”

“You know who I am?” Mira asked, her eyes shifting all over, just to find the source of the woman's voice.
 
“Why of course I do. Every one knows the daughter pf Kagome the miko and Inuyasha the hanyou. My my my, how you've grown.”

Before Mira knew it, she felt solid ground beneath her feet, she looked down, but she wasn't back in the cave, but out in a full lush field. The scent of wildflowers and fresh spring water filled the air. Mira could have fallen asleep without a care in the world if she had the chance.
 
The sky was a sapphire blue. A beautiful shade that she could see even at home, not a single cloud in the sky blocked the warm suns rays in the mid day light.
 
Upon the hill she stood on, Mira looked down at the small pond that lay at the foot of it. Crystal clear and sparkling brightly under the sun gaze with the small wave it had.
 
A place of serenity and peace.
 
Foot steps could be heard behind her. She made no movement as the figure got closer to her revealed back. It was never a good this to do so, though.
 
Mira gripped her blades, showing the intruder that she was armed and was ready to fight if need to be, “Fear not, I will not attack.” There was that voice again.
 
Mira turned around and faced the woman that had brought her to this wonderful place.
 
She was dressed in an ancient female samurai, with long black hair and brown eyes, and a flower shaped mark festooned resting on her temple.
 
“Midoriko.” Mira breathed, looking at the woman, with disbelieving eyes.
 
The woman, claiming to be the ancient dead samurai priestess, just stood there and smiled at Mira.
 
“You came such a long way to come to me. Now what is it that you needed?” She asked in such a soft tone.
 
Mira lifted her hand and grasped the Shikon Jewel from her kimono, and pulled it off the chain that rested on her neck and held it out to the woman. She looked at it as though it were cursed, “I want to be able to bring my mother back.” Was all Mira said to the woman, hoping that she would understand, the question was… would she?
 
Midoriko lifted her hand and cupped the jewel, but never grasping it or taking hold of it. She allowed it to dangle slightly over her palm, allowed it to dance along her skin.
 
“I died when the jewel was born.” She whispered.
 
“And your soul is trapped within it. The jewel can grant any wish whether be pure or not. But I want to be able to bring my mom back, and I don't know if it were or not. I do not wish to taint the jewel.” Mira said.
 
“You do not know if your wish is pure or not?” Midoriko knitted her brows together to a thin line. Mira just shook her head, “You were taught the ways of the priestess, and yet it seems that your demon half and human half seem to be in harmony… how is that?”

“My father taught me to never be ashamed of what I am. I accept what I am; I always have and always will.” She replied to the woman's question.
 
“It took your father a very long time for his halves to accept each other. I'm surprised you have at such a young age.”

Mira scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest, sticking her nose towards the sky. Her ears flicking to the sound of the singing birds melodies.
 
Midoriko giggled again, her antics really were like her fathers, and that may not always be a good thing, it just means that she will not give up so easily with out a really good reason.
 
“Your wish will not go unheard. Your mother premature death had seen to this, and the suffering it has caused you, your friends and family as well as the villagers, but if you wish to bring her back without tainting the jewel, there is a matter that you need to deal with before hand.” Midoriko's face had turned from the gentle caring look to one of serious features.
 
Mira was never one to be in a playful moment with someone she barely knew. Her looks never faltered with the look of indifference she had adapted from her uncle and father.
 
“And this payment that must be done?” She asked setting a hand back on her hip.
 
“To bring a life, one must be taken.” Was Midoriko's reply.
 
Mira's eyes widened what this woman could be planning… Mira's own life could be at stake here.
 
“Worry not young one. It will not be your blood that will be spilt to bring back your mother. To bring a life one must be taken.”

“Yes I know, but whose life?” Mira asked, quickly losing her patience.
 
“The man that had taken it in the first place of course.”
 
Silence.
 
Mira looked at the woman in surprise. Remembering the dreadful hanyou herself. Hell, she was there in the door way when she witnessed her mother demise. And then that man came after her and the Shikon Jewel. Damn him.
 
“Perhaps you aunt Kagura could help you.” Midoriko broke the silence Mira had put them in.
 
“Highly doubt it; she hasn't had connections to that damn bastard in years.” Mira looked off to the side.
 
“And I know that you had confronted him before, but your parent would want you to stay strong no matter what happens.” The samurai continued.
 
After that, all the colors and scents started to blur together and fade away. Mira was left alone back in the darkness, right back to drifting. But only for a moment.
 
Slowly, but surely, voices and familiar scents started flooding into her being, but was still faded in the distance. The warmth of someone's body heat she could feel. As everything started to blend back together, her sense of reality revived once more. Shaking, someone was shaking her.
 
Mira could feel her body jolting back and forth harshly. The screams came louder and closer, until… in front of her she saw her cousin's worried face. She blinked as Rin continued to shake her.
 
“Mira!! You need to snap out of it. Come on, wake up!” She pleaded.
 
“Rin, stop.” Mira finally said as she placed her hands on top of her cousins that rested on her shoulders, “Either you're gonna make me sick, or break my neck.” She said, taking one hand and rubbing the back of her neck, and turning it to the side, feeling the bones crack and pop back safely into place.
 
Rin sighed and looked down at their feet, seeing that Mira's skin was slightly burned, as well as her kimono.
 
Before Rin could say anything, Mira moved past her over to the cave entrance. Moving past her aunt and uncle and yes even stepping on the damn flea that had stayed in fear of Sesshomaru standing in the only entrance.
 
“And where are you going?” Sesshomaru called to her retreating form, stopping her in her place in the near darkness.
 
She not once looked back, “I know what I have to do.” Was all she said… before leaving her family in the cave and stepping outside.
 
AN: Alright another chapter is done, and I want to thank my first reviewer romancefreak.
Girl Thanks for the review and hopefully your question will be answered in the next few chapters.
As for the rest of you who read this story. R&R
I could really use some more. Well till the next chapter. Tah