InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Returning Home? ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18: Returning Home?
 
“You're just like your mother.” He said, a smile forming ever so smally on her lips.
 
“I wanted to prove that I can do this on my own.” She said. Bringing her gaze back to the water before her.
 
“I was younger than you when I was finally out on my own, I guess it was sooner or later that you left.”

Mira knew he was young; her grandmother had died when he was just a pup, just like herself. Her other grandmother, she hadn't seen in a while. But, after this whole ordeal is over, she'd go and see her mother's family again.
 
Inuyasha wrapped an arm around his daughters shoulders, “I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was hard to believe that you were actually gone.” He said, “But I knew that you were safe.” She nodded against his chest.
 
“You're my only daughter; I just don't want to lose you, ok?” She nodded again, feeling a lot better than she had earlier, when he had first made his appearance, “And remember that if you ever need help, you've got it. Whether be from me, your brother, uncles, aunts, friends, or cousins. Don't be afraid to ask for help like I was.” He let her go and started to walk away.
 
“Are you going back?” She asked, he stopped and looked back at her, “After your friend is healed then I guess your brother and I can go and visit their parents. Been a while.” He said as he walked into the hut to see how Saya was doing, leaving Mira to her thoughts once more.
 
With in moments, Hana and Shippo ran through the trees. Shippo moving over to see Honou. Hana stopping outside, “How bad is the damage?” She asked.
 
“We're not really sure, she landed pretty hard on the branch.” Inuyasha replied, looking to the hut, and then to Mira, who had been staring at her reflection in the still water.
 
Hana followed her brothers gaze, “Is she ok?”

He sighed, “Not really sure. She really didn't say much.”

”Poor girl, I think I have an idea what she's going through. I mean she wasn't able to sense Kikyo's presence. She still has a long way to go.”

”As do we, Hana. As do we.” Hana nodded, understanding her brothers comment. Moving away from him and going inside to check on Saya.
 
~Inside~

Hana looked down at the young girl. Her face was contorted in pain, twisted in hurt. Her breathing was shallow, yet strong. Hana flinched as Saya breathed in as a sweeping pain rushed through her.
 
Honou and Shippo sat on either side of her and watched her with patience. Honou, fidgeting slightly, worried for his twin counterpart.
 
“I'm going to need Haruka.” She whispered, stepping back out side, and taking a deep breath, and calling out her name.
 
Before Hana knew it, the woman came out of the wind tornado she had created.
 
“Ye had called me, milady?” Said the woman, kneeling down on the ground with a hand to her heart.
 
This woman, named Haruka, was considered a guardian youkai. Almost every clan had a set of three. She was the healer.
 
Every clan had a healer, a warrior and a sight seer. All knew how to fight, guard, and teach. The warrior, however, was the worst fighter. Well… in a good way.
 
Haruka was capable of helping find and sooth injuries. She possessed silverish hair with a tint of pink, falling in gentle locks and layers. Her blue eyes were bright and beautiful, just like sapphires.
 
“I need you to help me look at an injury.” Hana said, “And please stand up.”

Haruka giggled slightly and stood, “Of course, what seems to be the problem?” She asked.
 
“It seems that Sango's daughter had taken a blow in the back. Falling out of a tree and landing on the branch below, bending… if not breaking her back.”

”Oh my, the poor dear. Fear not, I will see to the child.” Haruka said. Looking over to the young hanyou that she had watched over quite a few times. “And I take it young Mira is not taking it well. I remember when you used to mope around like that when a friend of yours was hurt.”
 
Hana nodded. Haruka walked over to the hut and stopped, “Good evening Master Inuyasha, ye look well.” She said with a smile.
 
Inuyasha bowed slightly, “You look well as well, Haruka. It's been awhile.” He said. She nodded and walked into the hut.
 
Once inside, she looked down at the girl. “Could you flip her over for me? Gently.” Honou and Shippo grasped Saya gently and flipped her onto her stomach.
 
Haruka kneeled down and examined her back, then her gaze went over to the boys, “Could you two leave?” Honou and Shippo respected her gentle command, and walked out side. Haruka watched as the reed matt door fell down to its place in the door way.
 
Then she grasped Saya's kimono, and pulled it down. Exposing her back to Haruka's eyes. The area was red and swollen. Haruka closed her eyes and formed her hands and chanted. Once her eyes opened again, they glowed white. A serious expression present on her features. She took one hand and waved it slowly over Saya's exposed back. Looking deep within the tissue of her muscles and bones.
 
Hana stepped in and watched silently as Haruka. Her eyes opened, and looked at Hana.
 
“The injury is not serious.” She said, her serious eyes dull, “There is no break or snap. But its bruised, and she will be in bed for a good month or so.”

“Yokata.” Hana breathed.
 
~Outside~

Shippo did his best to help Honou put his worries at ease. Telling him that she was strong and will get through this.

Mira was still sitting on the river bed. Still deep in thought.
 
Inuyasha was starting to lose it, “Mira!” He called over to her, snapping her out of her daze to look over at him, “Come here a minute.”

Mira stood and brushed of her back side. Walking over to her dad, and standing before him. He looked down at her, “You worried about Saya?”

Mira frowned and looked away, “It's my fault she's hurt. Damn it all to hell.” She cursed under her breath
 
“You still have a lot to learn. As we all do. Don't get mad at your self. She's gonna live. If she's anything like her parents, I know she'll be just fine.” He said, doing his best to comfort his daughter. Wrapping an arm around her shoulder. She allowed her head to fall on his chest. The one place she felt safe. In his arms, just ;like any girl with her father. She turned and draped her arms around his waist, as he did the same. Hugging her fully and rocking her back and forth to calm her.
 
He gently stroked her hair and kissed her forehead, “And you know what?” Getting her attention, “You're strong too. Don't let this mistake go. Learn from it. And get better. That's the only way to learn. Got that?” He felt her nod her head, and pull back. Her face was red slightly and her eyes were glistening.

He shook his head, but couldn't help but smile at the girl that he had raised.
 
“You really are just like your mother.” He said.
 
She smiled, her golden and black gaze shimmered with tears she had been holding back all day. She was, after all, the daughter of the great hanyou and strong miko. But even her mother cried, she was full of emotion and showed it… as did Mira.
 
“But that's a good thing, isn't it?”

Inuyasha smiled again, reaching out and tugging a loose strand of hair back, catching her black and silver strands.
 
Mira really was a good prize. A beauty that any man should be happy to have. He certainly was, when Kagome was around. Her human night was coming back around, and Inuyasha knew she'd be just fine. The full moon and the new moon, hid most beauties and mysteries. But that's the joy of it… you have to find oit on your own.
 
Inuyasha leaned down and kissed her forehead once more, before turning to Shippo, “Come on runt. Bout time we headed home.” He said.
 
Shippo looked up and nodded, saying good bye to Honou, and walking over to his sister. Hugging her tightly, “Stay safe, ya hear?” He said to her. Pulling back and stroking her cheek with the palm of his hand. Then, both her brother and father, whisked off into the darkness of the forest, Mira stood outside, just staring in the direction they left in.
 
Hana stepped outside, for just a minute, “Mira?”

”Hmm?”

“Saya is going to be ok. I'll be back in a few days. Make sure she stays in bed till then. After that, just make sure she doesn't over exert herself.”

“She'll be aloud to walk around correct?” Mira asked.
 
“Hai, after she wakes and I check her back once more, she should be fine.” Hana said with a smile. Haruka came out side, then Honou ran in, “And someone might want to talk to that boy.”

“He's just worried about his sister. Remember how Shippo was when she fell out of that tree. And almost snapped her wrist?” Haruka said.
 
“Oh, yes. I remember. But I guess that's every big brother for you.” Hana said. “Inuyasha was always protective over me. Even now.”

“Yes but you were almost killed because he was protecting you.” Haruka said.
 
Mira looked at her aunt with curiosity, “I'm in no mood for stories right now. Maybe some other time, I promise.” She said with a smile and a gentle hand on Mira's shoulder. Then, even the elder women, walked away.
 
Mira, followed Honou's steps and went inside