InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Recovery ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter19: Recovery
 
Mira sat down next to Honou, Kilala had been resting for quite sometime as well. She hadn't even interfered with Kikyo, and had stayed silent for some time now. A worried expression had been present upon his face ever since he came back from the hunt last night.
 
He was worried… all brothers are like that, no matter if they're older or not.
 
Mira occasionally looked over to him, wishing that there was something that she could tell him to make him feel better. But... sadly, she didn't know what to tell him.
 
Hell she barely knew these kids, but the least she does know that they are strong, and wouldn't allow an injury like this stop them from continuing their journey.
 
Hana had said that she would be back; Mira would give her three days before she came back. Hell Mira wanted to get the hell out of her and into familiar territory before the full moon.
 
She stayed silent for hours. Starting to feel awkward, she decided to get up. Mira looked down at the boy once more, and noticed that he had fallen asleep sitting up.
 
`That can't be good for him.' She thought as she took his hunched form and laid him on another futon she had pulled out. Pulling out a blanket over him, she then walked out side.
 
Morning was breaking. The sky had many colors blended together. From black, to dark blue, to purple, red, pink, and so on. The birds were chirping their morning tune.
 
They had stayed here all night, and haven't eaten yet. Mira grasped the jewel that rested peacefully beneath her inner kimono. She closed her eyes and walked into the near dark forest. Heading over to the tree that she and Saya were in last night.
 
Mira could smell the burnt wood. Scorch marks against the dark wood present to her sight. She bounded up, branch by branch. Once at the top, she allowed her claws to slide on the smolder. The stench was faint but still fresh. She looked up and saw the arrow that did the damage.
 
`That woman was one of the dead, my mother's incarnation. And she tried to kill me.' She thought, narrowing her eyes and grasping the wood harder till it splintered under her fingers and pierced her skin.
 
A breeze went by, lifting her hair and tickling her face. But along with it, `A demon.'
 
Mira jumped down and fell delicately to the forest floor. Standing tall and proud in its way. The threatening smell was terrible.
 
She stood in front of the hut, knowing that her friends would be an easy target.
 
`Wait, when did I ever consider them my `friends'?' She thought to herself.
 
It mattered not, she needed them. She couldn't beat Naraku with out them. Back to the demon at hand, it soon enough burst through the trees. The oni demon was hideous. Its color was in patches and varies. Piercing red eyes and fangs that protruded over it mouth. Not only that, it reeked of blood… or maybe the smell of blood was better than it.
 
Her senses were starting to sting, and her face turning slightly green. She brought her hand up to cover her nose with her kimono. The smell of decaying flesh was continuously adding up. And trust me it ain't like smelling daisies or any other pretty flowers.
 
Give me the sacred jewel, Hanyou.” It called out.
 
Mira reached up and gripped the sacred jewel once more, “Over my dead body.” She said.
 
“That can be arranged.” It replied, a snicker planted on its face… or at least she thought it was.
 
`Ok, ew.' She thought as she witnessed the wrinkles on its face come closer together.
 
She was so caught up on its disgusting face; she didn't see its swiping claws that hit her hard. Knocking her backward and hitting against the tree hard.
 
Mira lacked of breath, for a moment or tow before she straggled back up, as soon as she made contact with the tree, she heard a snapping sound… but felt no pain. Now that she was aware of every thing once more, a striking pain shot up her left arm. Mira set her right hand on her arm, just above her elbow, feeling a thick warm liquid running over her delicate fingers.
 
No doubt, that her arm was possibly broken.
 
Mira constantly lost her balance, and had found support on the damaged tree behind her. Her breath was ragged and out of tempo, the demon struck again, and Mira had barely dodged it. Its claws sunk into her side, not deep, but deep enough for the blood to rush out and stain her kimono… yet again.
 
Continuously, the demon saw an opening and took the opportunity. Up until she was cornered, the gashes along her leg prevented her from jumping anywhere. She was trapped against a large line of trees.
 
She prayed for her life, as she closed her eyes and fell to her legs. She felt the winds pick up, rather quickly. So when she opened her eyes again, the sight really amazed her.
 
~Inside the hut~

Honou woke up as the suns rays sunk through the cracks of the roof. He looked over to his sister, and abruptly sat up.
 
`When did I lay down, where did this blanket come from?' He asked himself, looking around the practically empty room. Mira was no where to be seen. He heard the commotion outside. His upper body twisted around to face the door.
 
“Sounds like Mira is in trouble.” He said as he tossed the blankets off him, and ran out side. He looked for her, and ran into the forest, following the mass destruction the large demon made.
 
He finally found Mira cornered, with no way out. The demon closed in on her, and she fell to her knees and closed her eyes.
 
He thought quickly, he unwrapped the prayer beads from around his hand. Uncurling his finger from the palm of his hand and aiming at the demon, he unleashed the wind tunnel that was passed down to him from his father. The demon was sucked up with an agonizing cry.
 
Mira stared at him with wide eyes. Saya had told her about the wind tunnel the night before, but she never realized its true nature.
 
“What's going on out here?” A voice echoed from behind Honou. Saya stood there as though she were perfectly fine.
 
“Saya, you shouldn't be up now. What about your back?” He asked her.
 
“I feel fine now brother, sure a little sore, but perfectly fine” She said with an assuring smile.
 
Mira tried her best to stand up and lost her balance. Hissing in pain, and grasping her leg with her good arm.
 
“Goodness, I leave for a while, and you're already in pain.” A voice rang from the tree above her. All looked up to see Hana sitting on the high branches.

She jumped down effortlessly, like a feather falling from the sky.
 
“You seem to be healed, now does your back feel?” She asked Saya.
 
“Still sore, but I've been through worse.” She said as she rubbed her back.
 
Hana nodded, and looked to her niece behind her, still holding onto her leg, “And you will be fine by tonight.” She said.
 
Mira stood up, gaining some comfort back in her legs as her demonic blood sped the healing process.
 
“But your arm will be a bit longer.”

”How much longer?” Mira hissed in displeasure as she felt pain rush up the said arm.
 
“Give it a few days if not longer.” Hana replied as she wandered over to Saya and took a look at her back , “Everything seems to be in line, if any chance of discomfort, you let me know. Clear?”

“Hai.”
 
Hana removed her hand and went over to Mira, “Add this to your drink when the full moon rises. This will help the pain.” She said. Mira knew fully well the reason. But, Saya and Honou looked in confusion.
 
Hana had left with a wave, leaving Honou to go back out and hunt once more, while Saya washed Mira's injuries. With her demonic blood, she was healing quite fast. Saya would continuously check on her, like an annoying older sister who wouldn't shut the hell up.
 
Honou came back with a large rabbit and a few fish. He skinned and cleaned them and set them over the fire to cook.

”We need to head out before noon.” Mira said, leaning against the tree, arms crossed over her chest, ankles crossed over, and her eyes closed. Though she could feel the twins gaze upon her, “Why before noon, Mira? You're not fully healed yet.” Saya asked in a caring voice.
 
“Don't matter if I'm healed not. I don't need rest like you do. And since you two seem ok, we leave before the time of no shadows. No arguing.” She definitely possessed her fathers attitude, so it was probably good to stay off her bad side.
 
Noon came quickly, Mira was healed enough to move around. They came to a river. A man was about to dock. Once his eyes rested on the hanyou that traveled his way, he freaked out and abandoned his boat.
 
Mira raised an eyebrow and watched the fleeing man, reminding her of that one flea… Myoga, yes that was his name, her father's so called vessel. She giggled inward.
 
Saya and Honou, looked at each other then walked to the shore, to where the boat sat afloat, “Come on Mira, we can get through the mountains a lot quicker with this.”

Kilala, jumped into the water and swam to her new mistress, and meowed. Asking for assistance into the boat.
 
Saya reached down the best her back would allow without hurting and picked up the kitten and set her in the boat. Kilala shook her fur dry and looked over the boats side into her reflection; she gently splashed at it playfully. Mira walk over to the shore and jumped easefully onto the vessel.
 
Honou pushed the boat till it got caught with the current and flowed easily down.