InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not letting you go ❯ Planning ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N HELLO! I GOT BORED SO I DECIDED TO JUST WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER TO MY STORY! AND I HAD SOME ANSWERS TO SOME QUESTIONS THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME, 1. I GOT CRISPIN'S NAME FROM A FRIEND OF MINE WHO'S NAME IS CRISPIN, 2. I CHOSE MCBAIN AS A LAST NAME BECAUSE IT'S SCOTTISH OR IRISH. AND ONWARD TO THE STORY!
 
 
DISCLAIMER: DON'T OWN INUYASHA, BUT DO OWN OTHER CHARACTERS THAT I MADE UP.
 
CHAPTER 9
 
““Hi this is Kagome Higurashi! Please leave your name, number, and message and-“
 
A slam was heard in the other wise quiet apartment of one Sesshomaru Taisho. He had spent the whole day researching on who this Crispin McBain is, the one who stole his Kagome.
 
Unfortunately, he found nothing that would get Kagome away from that bastard, and into HIS arms.
 
Sesshomaru looked at everything on the man; from his preschool progress reports, to what he eats for dinner. Only to find that his search was all in vain, and that the man was undoubtedly, clean and carnivorous.
 
Frowning, Sesshomaru began to wonder why in the world would she get engaged this quickly. Was he that bad of a companion that she would go off and find the nearest rich bastard she could find just to have someone?
 
He looked at his hands, those hands that had held HER in his arms, and the ones that spoke more than his mouth ever could, and yet hadn't said enough for her so it appears. He never was one to speak so much of his emotions, reason dating back to his early childhood. Speaking, he learned, was overrated. People spoke every day, showed their emotions through a simple “I love you,” and yet almost all of them don't mean it. It is true that women want a man who could love, cherish them, and show this through physical or verbal ways; but he is not one of those men. He didn't call Kagome “sweetheart” or “honey”, nothing of the sort; he hadn't called her “love” until she left him, bleeding and mentally begging for her to come back.
 
Giving an angry sigh, he stood from his couch and walked into the bathroom, stopping in front of the mirror and grasped the sides of the sink.
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?”
 
The only person that he could see in that mirror was himself, the stupid ass that lost the chance of happiness that he had, only to later have it enthusiastically taken by some other… man, leaving him to be alone for the rest of his life as he so sees it.
 
`Unless I get her back...'
 
The thought brought a startled reaction to his body, and yet not his face. If he changes, if he does the things that Kagome wanted… would that get her back to him?
 
His eyes, he noted, held a sparkle of hope, yet his face still remained impassive.
 
“You damn bastard, show something, FEEL something.”
 
True, speaking to oneself was another step to becoming clinically insane, but he could risk it if it meant that he could, no would, have Kagome again, once his face actually shows some type of emotion other than nonchalance, he could then later present his emotions and feelings openly to her, FOR her.
 
He turned his head to the doorway which showed what laid in the living room and saw that despicable piece of blue paper laying on his coffee table; the invitation to the wedding.
 
`If she marries him, who would be with you?'
 
This thought was one of many that he had when he was thinking about the painful, heartbreaking wedding. He just didn't want to confront it, admit that it truly was a wedding with Kagome as the bride, and he not the groom.
 
But obviously his mind and heart were rebelling with his wishes and pointed out the most obvious things that would happen once she is out of reach.
 
`Who would you have to cherish, to love, if she is in the arms of another man? You have thought about the children part of the marriage, can you imagine the child that she will mother, that doesn't have your coloring? Instead of silver hair and amber eyes it would be blonde hair and blue eyes, nothing of you in them. And to think, you thought that she would always be there…'
 
The realization hit him like a fist; he wouldn't be able to have her AT ALL. True, he might see her at functions their companies would have together, but the pain of seeing her clinging to the man's arm and not his was giving him a pain in his chest, what is this feeling?
 
Walking to the kitchen to the kitchen in order to grab something to occupy himself, he stopped for his new ritual when he approached the refrigerator; he looked at the picture.
 
Would it be forever like this if she was gone? All the what ifs and maybes running through my mind to forever dwell there when I realize that it was TRULY my entire fault, that if I was more open to her and paid more attention to her, she would be in his arms at the moment on the couch watching a movie together…
 
Gingerly, like he was touching a treasured item that is fragile enough to break if breathed on, he took the picture of his beloved down and stared at it like it was the most important thing in his world… because she IS the most important thing in his world.
 
“What do you want me to do?”
 
The picture didn't respond, just stayed in its frozen time of blissful happiness, forever.
 
 
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
 
 
“So, you are going to go off and pretend that you are married to him, because you want to see how Sesshomaru will react?” Sango heaved a sigh and stirred her coffee absentmindedly, “That sounds a little odd to me.”
 
It was well after eight p.m. when the initial shock finally worn off of Sango and Miroku. Crispin had been explaining his plan for quite sometime just so the wouldn't freak out.
 
Crispin smiled at her comfortably, “Of course it would, but it seemed to me that Mr. Taisho wouldn't change his emotionless ways unless he was threatened.”
 
Miroku held a pensive look, “Are you sure that this will bring about a good reaction, or one that he will never speak to us again?”
 
“I am not sure, Miroku,” Kagome hadn't spoke in a while as she absorbed all of this information that Cris had given her, “I am not so sure that he even would care…”
 
The silence in the room was very unnerving for all but Kagome, she was still wondering if he even would give a damn if she got married to her friend Crispin. She could see his face now if she saw him soon, knew what he would possibly say, “Hmm… I see that you have moved on nicely,” and he would probably have someone with him too…
 
“Sesshomaru may be cold,” Sango said in a sincere voice, “but he always was a little bit warmer when you were with him, Kagome.”
 
“Have you seen him yet?”
 
“No, Kagome… I haven't.”
 
“Then you don't know whether or not that is true. Although I would be so very happy if he broke my door down right now and said `I love you so don't marry HIM',” she gave a sad sigh before she got up and head to her bedroom and said over her shoulder, “but it won't happen.”
 
After hearing the door lightly close, the three began to speak in low voices.
 
“What will you do if Sesshomaru DOESN'T care and the marriage comes up?”
 
Crispin smiled at Sango's question and shrugged his shoulders, “Don't know, might just cancel it.”
 
Miroku, yet again had a pensive look on his face before it brightened up and he snapped his fingers, “I've got a way to make sure whether or not he will care.”
 
“Really?” becoming apprehensive with his known perverted mind, Sango began to question him, “And how shall we do that?”
 
Giving a goofy smile, he leaned forward in his chair and spoke his idea, “We throw a party with Sesshomaru there, and have YOU,” pointing a finger at Crispin, “all over Kagome and see what will happen if the King of Icicles truly does have a warm spot…”
 
 
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
 
 
Inuyasha was sitting in his apartment on his couch eating a pizza when his phone rang.
 
“Damn it,” he said as a bit of cheese slipped onto his favorite pair of jeans, “This better be important…” he stalked over to his phone and gave an almost angry `hello'.
 
“Inuyasha, I want you to help me out with something…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N WHO IS THIS PERSON, WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT THE PARTY, AND WILL SESSHOMARU REACT, OR LOSE KAGOME FOREVER? UNTIL NEXT TIME.