InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not letting you go ❯ Changes ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N THANK YOU ALL FOR THE REVIEWS, YOU'RE TOO KIND. I AM UPDATING THIS STORY BECAUSE I WON'T BE ABLE TO UPDAT FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS BECAUSE OF VACATION. BUT I AM SURE THIS STORY WILL KEEP YOU ALL OCCUPIED… LOL
 
DISCLAIMER: DON'T OWN INUYASHA.
 
CHAPTER 10
 
 
 
“YOU WHAT?!”
 
Giving a bored sigh, Sesshomaru began to repeat his last request, “I want you to hit me.”
 
It was early in the morning when Inuyasha came to Sesshomaru's apartment; not knowing what his stuck up older brother wanted, and is to say he was shocked was an understatement.
 
He paused to look at his brother closely, to make sure he is all right, and was surprised at what he found. Standing there in his worn, wrinkled white dress shirt, his rumpled and with out shoes. It was odd, because even though he would be in the comforts of his home, Sesshomaru would usually wear something that made him look like he was on a date with a model or something. The unusual differences in his brother's appearance didn't stop there; his body looked slumped instead of its usual regal, poised stance that stated, `I am mightier than thou'. His eyes were a bit dull, instead of the usual `Sesshomaru sparkle of domination', which frightened Inuyasha. If asked to use two word to describe his brother at the moment, he would call it defeated and desperate.
 
“What the hell happened to you?”
 
Giving a scoff, Sesshomaru turned around and walked to his little bar and began to pour himself another glass of whiskey, “Now that,” he paused long enough to get a good gulp of the stuff, “Is the stupidest question I have ever heard.”
 
Scowling now, Inuyasha walked over to his brother and took the whiskey bottle and marched towards the kitchens, but was stopped when a hand grabbed his.
 
“What the hell do you think you are doing with that?”
 
“I am going to poor it down the drain.”
 
Chuckling evilly, Sesshomaru let out an even louder laugh when he was able to speak again, “Why bother? I'll drink it all up in due time…”
 
“I bother because you are beginning to become even less like yourself with every second that passes after Kagome dumped your ass!”
 
Inuyasha's answer was silence. He studied his older brother more closely to see what his words had done to the great and all mighty Sesshomaru, only to find the old emotionless mask placed upon his face. What shocked him though as he studied deeper was the fact that his face was contorted suddenly, as if he were fighting an inner battle. Sesshomaru's eyes closed suddenly as he began to grimace slightly until he finally stopped with his shoulders slumped slightly.
 
“Damn…”
 
Intrigued, Inuyasha took a step closer to his brother, then paused when he heard a growl and the words that Sesshomaru spoke next.
 
“I called you here, brother,” taking a deep breath he turned his back away from Inuyasha so he wouldn't be able to see what he was experiencing at the moment, “because I need your help.”
 
“What for?”
 
Taking an even deeper breath, Sesshoamru weighed his options before requesting the help of his younger sibling. If he asked, he would seem week to the idiot, and might possibly get Kagome back. If he didn't ask, though, he would still get to keep his pride and lose Kagome forever. Which would he choose; his pride or the love of his life?
 
No contest.
 
Turning around he looked at Inuyasha closely before speaking, “To show my emotions…”
 
“Why?”
 
Sesshomaru began to think that his brother had a certain mental deficiency that causes him to forget many things that the topics are about, “Because I want Kagome back, and the only way to accomplish this,” pausing he looked over Inuyasha's shoulder to his refrigerator at the picture again, “is if I can show my emotions.”
 
He was expecting many things that his younger brother would say or do, but silence wasn't one of them. Directing his gaze back to Inuyasha, Sesshomaru realized that he had a look that can only be described as dumbfounded. Inuyasha stood there with his mouth open an inch and his eyes were wide as he stared at him. Sesshomaru wasn't sure what thoughts were running through his mind, but he could take a guess.
 
“What?”
 
“I have all ready told you what I planned to do. I wish not to repeat myself.”
 
A scowl was placed back onto Inuyasha's face, “Look, why the hell are you speaking like this! Is this because you want something from Kagome or what?”
 
“The only thing I want is her back in my life, Inuyasha.”
 
Closing his eyes, Inuyasha debated this. Should he help him? If he does then him and Kagome could be going back as friends, because they haven't talked since the break up. It wasn't that SHE wasn't talking to him on purpose, for she had left messages on his machine a few times. The problem is that he doesn't know whom he should support at this time. Even though he gives Sesshomaru guff over the breakup and everything, Inuyasha was still there for his older brother, for reasons unknown even to himself, and for Sesshomaru to ask of him THIS… it's just mind-boggling.
 
But he suppose he should do it, that's what his mother would want of him…
 
“Fine, I'll help.” He stopped to look at his watch, then looked back up to his brother, “But I am going to have to save that punch for later, bro, I have a meeting to get to.”
 
Sesshomaru merely nodded his head and watched his brother leave the apartment.
 
It was mid afternoon when Sesshomaru left his apartment building to go and take a walk, just so he could think. He was walking for about maybe five minutes when he saw a sight that stopped him cold.
 
It was Crispin “The Bastard” McBain.
 
And he was kissing a woman that was obviously NOT Kagome.
 
A/N SORRY IF THIS WAS TOO SHORT FOR YOU, BUT I HAVE TO LEAVE NOW! I PROMISE THAT NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE AT LEAST 5 PAGES LONG, K?