InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not So Long ago... ❯ Uggh...Stupid Land... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Lady Amaya, Lady Amaya, wake up!" Said a voice. Amaya, Lady of the Eastern Lands, Mistress of the House of the Sun opened her eyes.
 
"Mizuko, what do you want? It is far too early to get up." She said groggily, all regality forgotten, sitting up against her pillows. Mizuko did look a bit distressed. "Surely you have a reason to force me to rise from slumber before the birds themselves."
 
Mizuko nodded. "I apologize for waking you, Mistress, but there seems to be a bit of a squabble over our territories with the Eastern Lands."
 
Amaya raised an eyebrow. "Mizuko. You woke me up for 'a bit of a squabble'?" She asked.
 
Mizuko, cornered, sighed, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand. "Okay, maybe that was an understatement. But if you'd change a bit into 'the East is furious', and a squabble to 'they've declared war if this can't be settled', It's accurate."
 
"Alright. Out." She said simply and calmly.
 
"Out?" He asked, clearly confused.
 
"Yes. Out. Of my room? I have to get dressed." She said, motioning for him to leave the room. He realized that she was right, as a thin, (summer) sleeping kimono was the only thing covering her. The fourteen-year-old boy flushed.
 
"My apologies, Lady Amaya." He said, bowing out of the room. As soon as he was gone, she got out of bed and searched through her closet for acceptable attire. Eventually she decided on a hakama / haori set. The top was cropped off to show the stomach. The bottom was long completely regal, much unlike the top. In short, she was acting the rebel and she loved it.
 
Ever since she had met Sesshoumaru in the woods, she was determined to be free like him. She sighed. The higher-ups weren't happy, but she didn't listen anyway. Why should she? She was the Lady of the East for Kami's sake! In fact, why were there higher-ups? Wasn't she supposed to be in control? She made a mental note of that as she finished with her chest's obi.
 
She finished dressing and started on her hair, pulling it up into dumpling-head pigtails. (Think: Sailor Moon) Her long hair now only reaching her rear. She added a bit of adornment (makeup-eye shadow, lipstick, blush, etc.) , some perfume, and finished it off with a white gold circlet with an amber jewel in the shape of a sun covering her marking that was in the same place. (Like Sesshoumaru's, except a red-orange sun, and her three stripes (in the place of Sesshy's two red-ish ones) were purple-blue.)
 
She smiled as she stepped out of her room. "Mizuko, are you ready to go?" She asked the human boy. He nodded and they set off.
 
"Lady Amaya, how long is the journey?" He asked, shouldering his bag at the exit to the castle. Amaya chuckled.
 
"Only a few moments." She said, walking to the stable that was kept away from the castle (for fear of hungry servants). She exited moments later, a large white bird demon in tow. "Here, climb on in front of me." Mizuko did as he was told, climbing on the demon hesitantly. Amaya followed and they took off.
 
They sped over the land, and in mere minutes they landed. "Where are we?" Mizuko asked dizzily, sliding off the bird onto the ground. Amaya hopped off gracefully, tossing him a mercifully sheathed katana, which hit him in the head.
 
"The meeting hall. I'm sorry, but only royalty can enter. Stay outside and practice your kata's, I'll be back shortly." She said, adopting a serious tone in case any royals were around. Mizuko nodded. "Look, there's another human over there, I believe she is here with the Lord of the West. How about you go show her a little bit of swordsmanship?" Smiling eagerly, Mizuko jogged over to the girl, striking up a conversation. As Amaya walked to the entrance, she noticed out of the corner of her eye that the girl had pecked Mizuko on the cheek and he gently lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles. Amaya laughed softly, now walking backward to watch the two. Suddenly Mizuko got up and showed her one of his favorite made up routines. Throw the sword, let it spin once, catch it, a bit of pretty much useless squiggly slicing and a finale of throwing it high, doing a back handspring and catching it first on his foot by the hilt, then tossing it up and catching it by the blade in his mouth. The girl applauded and giggled as Mizuko took an elegant and flowery bow.
 
"Such a terrible flirt..." She sighed. Suddenly, she bumped into something very hard. And metal-sounding. She turned quickly around to see an apparently angry dog demon with a head-sized dent in his breastplate. Instantly she backed up and bowed, "My apologies." She said. She looked up. "Who might you be?" Amaya asked politely. She shivered a little, feeling a bit of déjà vu, but it was luckily un-noticed by the other demon.
 
He didn't answer, instead opting to turn away, walking through the large double doors. "Well that was rude!" Amaya complained loudly. She stood still for a moment, catching a last glance of Mizuko and his friend before hearing a bell chime and rushing through the large double doors, praying that she wasn't late.
 
 
~
 
Amaya quickly found her way to the meeting room, regaining her composure before she gently pushed the doors and walked in. She sat at her side of the room, glancing around at whom else was there. Only-Oh, Kami, why? She thought to herself as she realized the demon she had bumped into was the only one in the room.
 
"Greetings, Lady of the East." He said, nodding his head respectfully, even though his eyes showed a multitude of emotions. Hate, for sure. Pride - deflated, but there, and...Nostalgia? Have I seen him before? Think I have...
 
"Greetings, Lord of the West." She replied, nodding to him, but closing her eyes so as not to give anything away.
 
They proceeded for fifteen minutes before the Lady of the North and the Lord of the South, long time lovers, showed up. They took their respectful places, one at each point of a star imprinted on the floor.
 
Two hours later, the unbearably boring meeting was over. Amaya got up and stretched before walking over to the Lady of the North. "I swear, Nizuni, that was the most boring meeting yet." Amaya said as they walked out together.
 
"I know," Nizuni replied. "But I don't get how you manage to sit across from Lord American - Human - Card - Game - Face without laughing. I mean, Shiruwa was firing off sarcastic comments like rain, and he was able to deflect each one without cracking a smile. I honestly think there's something wrong with Sesshoumaru's head."
 
"I know, it's huge!" Amaya replied, thinking of the overlarge cranium she was referring to, and large it was.
 
Nizuni sighed. "Good point, but not what I meant."
 
"I know!" Amaya replied, grinning widely.