InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing Gold Can Stay ❯ Her Early Leaf's A Flower ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Okay these are going to be real short chapters. Remember one-shot.

Disclaimer: See chapter one.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))

~ Her Early Leaf's A Flower ~

Kagome was always fighting too. Inuyasha couldn't help but reminisce about all the times she'd been captured, even though reminiscing was not what was best at that time. But she always managed to do it. It was as if she had a big sign on her that read, take me! Inuyasha always seemed to be going to her rescue. The thunder brothers kidnapped her. The peach man kidnapped her. The fire cats kidnapped her. But he was always there to save her. He was her hero. At least, that's how he felt.

He thought now of all the times she had been his hero. Even when things were going badly for herself, she would do her best to help him. When his own Kaze No Kiza had struck him down, she had destroyed Kanna's mirror with her arrow. She had barely a soul left in her body, and she still managed to muster up the strength to save him. Just like she always had. He destroyed the demons; she gave him the ability too. She had bandaged the wounds he insisted were fine without it. They healed a lot faster when she did though. She stuck by his side when he needed it most. When his human body was poisoned by the spider-heads, he had almost died. She kept him alive. She talked to him and laid his head in her lap. Drinking in her sweet scent gave him the will to fight. The will to survive. She had stayed near him no matter what. When he was by the river, desperately trying to clean the blood of his hands, she was right there. She had placed her hand on his shoulder, even though he couldn't get rid of the smell. He had killed the innocent, and she had stayed by his side. But all that was before they defeated Naraku.

That day was a joyous one. With his Bakhurra coupled with her spirit arrow, Naraku died. Everyone was happy and holding each other. Sango had even let Miroku grab her without getting angry. Kagome picked up Naraku's jewel shards and reassembled the Shikon no Tama. It was whole again. Inuyasha had waited for her to hand it to him. He held big plans for the jewel. When she placed it in his hand, he was going to transform into a human forever. Words were not his strong point. He felt that the gesture would prove to Kagome his feelings. He would live with her forever, in whatever time she wanted. He would be her mate. He would spend the rest of his days trying to make her happy. All she had to do was put the jewel in his outstretched hand. But she never did. She had held it close to her heart that day.

"Inuyasha, I think I should hold on to this for a while. I feel like it needs to be with me." He had not asked her for the jewel that day. He wanted his transformation to be of her free will. He had waited a long time for her to hand it to him, she had promised to do so eventually. In that time their fights became more and more frequent. They stopped being good-natured arguments and became real battles. Neither would apologize and anger always boiled below the surface when they were together. She had slept close to Sango those nights. She was afraid he would come down and steal it. Inuyasha sat down on a stump in that golden forest and shook his head.

"I would never have stolen that jewel," he whispered to the empty wood, "I only wanted it to make you happy."

~ But Only So An Hour ~

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay earlier were things from the show. Now I'm taking over. Run, Imagination, Run! Hahaha. Please review!