InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Oden Shop ❯ Born to Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Born to Love

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha

There was once a boy.

In school pauses he used to slip to the music room and played a piece, a composition of a slow, pensive menagerie tune he composed, again and again.

Sometimes the pensive tune was despondently played, sometimes it was played lightheartedly, and sometimes he would just stop in the middle of it and leave the room.

But today, peculiarly he played with longing.

How would one actually describe him, he was fairly tall, the tallest in school in fact, his body, though skinny, was well built, he had a shoulder-length, brown, shagged hair, his features were boyish-charming, he always had this amused glint in his eyes, his nose though a bit crooked, for it was broken when he was nine from a fight with neighborhood kids, was somehow appealing, it only added his loner image, his lips were full and manly curved, a bit dark from his smoking, his jaw line was striking, protruded strength.

When he laughed or smiled he always did it teasingly, captivating everyone who came across him on such moods, it excited them, especially females, to observe his amusement, they watched as his eyes thinning in their forms, charming crease appearing on the sides of his eyes, mouth slightly opened and lips twisted up and nose slightly scrunched up, and to hear the tune of his merriment sent shivers down their spines.

He was the only one at school who smoked regularly, one could see him playing at the piano forte with a cigarette dangling on his lips, and he was the only one at school who could get away with that.

He lived alone in a big apartment in rural area and was financially taken care of, his father owned a private bank overseas, and he always sent an immense allowance every month to his son, his family, which consisted him and his separated parents who were also separated their lodging internationally, wasn't exactly one would've wish for, but he would never want any other for a change, he was contented being half loved.

He led what one would say a secluded life, rejoiced in his freedom of exile.

Lately he had been having some strange dreams, it was not actually a dream, sometimes he would find his strayed mind suddenly filled with strange images of battle, he was always looking out for someone, everyone in his dream was wearing strange clothing, only one girl wore the regular school uniform, it was like a scene from some b-movie.

~*~Flashback~*~

He was fifteen when he first met her and she was nineteen, but her spirit felt much older than her age.

The difference of age was something he never really considered; he thought it would be petty to object nature with ethics, intellectually and consciously he proved himself to be a lot more adult than her, but those things never really mattered because he was not the conquest of her affection optionally.

He was walking home from school when he saw a girl standing on the platform of a bridge, her eyes taxed the water from above, and he thought that she would be one of that typical heartbroken suicidal maiden, how right he was, only she would never admit, not even to herself, that for five seconds she was tempted to jump off and let go.

He sat next to her. Because she was beautiful, he was taking his time to attract her attention. He still remembered what he'd said to her.

"It was very tempting, isn't it?"

The girl scrutinized him quizzically, after a moment she decided to dismiss him.

"I too had run here before, I've always wanted to know how it is to live in the world of liquid, you would probably ask, 'why liquid? It's water' but you're wrong, in Tokyo, water?" He snorted, "but still, to feel the liquid covers your body from head to toe, forcing their entrance to the pressure of detonation, the cold temperature numbing your central nerves-"

The girl closed her eyes and whispered tiredly, "I was not trying to jump off from this bridge, I was only here-"

"Because the color of the liquid was beautiful? So I thought, at first."

"You're so weird… and noisy." She tilted her head and smiled forlornly, "I wish you would leave me alone."

"Which means you want me to stay."

"Maybe," she smiled again, "today is the day I was separated from the past, two years ago, and today I felt somehow not so lonely like the past two years, and I asked myself, was it getting better? Am I finally strong enough to let go? Or am I just turning numb?"

He pinched her cheek none too gentle, "ouch!" She rubbed her cheek, "what did you do that for?"

"Nee-chan," she pouted and he grinned. "A zombie does not feel pain, ne?"

"You could've demonstrated someway gentler than that!"

He bended his body closer to her, their lips were dangerously close, "aaahh… chotto…"

He let out a regretful sigh, "cherry. This isn't my day."

She flushed hotly and huffed, "so? I'm just being careful, that's all. You'll never know what kind of disease you'll get by doing it regularly."

"But, nee-chan, in this day and age, that's pathetic."

"So I'm pathetic, at least I'm healthy."

"And cute," he said and she repeated absently, "and cu- eee, what?"

"Nee-chan, you looked so cute when you blushed, you'll pass as twenty-five."

"Thanks- whaaaat?! I'm still nineteen! And stop that 'nee-chan' thing; I'm Kagome, Higurashi Kagome!" She panted.

"Yoroshiku Kagome, I'm Jinsei, Hata Jinsei."

~*~

"Jinsei-kun, no fair. Why did I get to do most of the cooking? I already cooked a lot at school." Kagome sulked and pouted cutely.

"Because I'm so crazy about washing up," he grimaced, "I think I'll buy a dishwasher."

"What a waste of money, you should save some money aside, you might need it someday. Besides we're only two, it's not that much, Jinsei-kun. You're just lazy."

He smiled secretively; she glanced at him, catching him smiling, "what? What's so funny?"

"You said only we two, is there going to be an addition?"

Suddenly the bantered mood changed as she stood up hastily and excused herself, he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, I said I wait but sometimes I wonder-"

"You wonder if you waited in vain." Kagome finished his sentence vehemently.

"I wonder if I'm allowed to dream and when I do, will I ever want to stop dreaming?"

~*~

"Embarrassing, did you just see how the neighbor looked at us, as if I'm sleeping around with you or something like that!"

"I don't care, you shouldn't care either, Kagome, they're just sexually frustrated and seeing me, a sexy highschooler in the arms of an elder- ouch!"

Kagome guffawed, "am I really that old? Then I don't have to worry about inviting you over, I'll just say you're my son."

"Oh no…" he groaned, "I'm tired having those old grannies feeling me up when you're posing me around, besides, no one would believe you, no dedicated son think about his mother the way I think about you."

She clubbed him once again, "get your mind out of the gutter!"

~*~

"What are you doing, getting yourself drunk like that? Jinsei-kun, you're heavy, help me a bit, okay?" Kagome picked a drunken Jinsei up from her doorway, trying to support him as he tried to stand up.

He paused, gazing at her, his face flushed, "Kagome, I could take you tonight and pretend tomorrow I didn't remember anything, you can't hate me for that." He slurred his words but the tone underneath was deadly serious.

Kagome froze and then she studied him closely, he grinned wide and said, "ooops! Failed plan, shouldn't have spill it first, take note, Jinsei, act first than talk."

"Come, I'll take you to my room, you're staying here tonight, I'll sleep in the couch."

"No, I'll sleep in the couch."

"Jinsei-kun-"

"Didn't you hear me, dammit?! Stop being so sickeningly charitable!"

"Fine, suit yourself, you're just drunk, you don't know what you're saying, tomorrow you'll forget about it." Kagome pulled her arms back and fled off to the security of her room; she slammed her body on her bed and began to sob gently.

Jinsei dropped his body on the couch and grunted, and then he sat up straight, took a cigarette and began to smoke, his eyes were moistened.

~*~

"Why are you so bad at English? I thought you lived overseas before."

"I pronounce well, I'm just bad at grammar, that's all."

"If you continue to have such grades you won't graduate."

"Then I won't graduate."

"Jinsei-kun!"

He took her in his embrace and nuzzled his nose in her hair, she tried to shrug him away, but he held her tighter than before, "Kagome," he whispered huskily, "when I graduate I might have to study aboard, my father is very persistent. What would you do then?"

She smiled her tiny smile and answered, "Maybe I'll feel a little lonely."

"Then I won't go, I don't want you to feel lonely not even a little."

~*~

"So, did you have a good time?" He asked as he put his cigarette out.

"Jinsei-kun, how did you get in?"

He held a dangling key between his fingers, "sorry, I got this made without you knowing it. I thought you wouldn't mind?"

"But I do mind, give me that key!" Kagome dashed at him, trying to snatch the key from his fingers, he thrust a hand out, gripping her upper arm painfully.

"I asked you, did you have a good time with 'Shiki-kun'?"

"Let me go!" Kagome breathed harshly.

"Answer me!" His face contorted, he didn't lessen his grip as his face searched hers, lips trying to assault her demandingly, but she managed to evade his face, making him more desperate.

"Let me go, Jinsei-kun." She managed to croak as tears of panic threatening to break.

Jinsei released her arm immediately and asked full of remorse, "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"

"Leave the key behind and go."

~*~

"Kagome." He knocked at her door.

"Kagome, I know you're in there… I'm sorry, the way I acted the other day was unforgivable, I didn't know what came over me… actually I do, I was jealous?" He closed his eyes and smiled sadly, "frightening, isn't it? To what extent love can affect you, the monster inside me," he paused, looking bemused, "the monster inside every male being, I guessed you'd call it possessiveness, was emotion-thirsty…"

"So pathetic, now I'm trying to blame something that I can control… now, you would never forgive me, even though… even though…" his voice cracked, and he whispered desperately, "I love you… so much that it hurts…"

His body sagged against her door, his back rested against the coldness of the massive wood; he hammered the back of his head repeatedly against the door, closing his eyes trying to hold his mental pain.

"Stop it! Jinsei-kun, what are you doing?! Why?! Why are you being so nice to me? Hearing your words, all your emotion… but I can't feel them, don't you understand?! In the end I was cursed after all…."

"It was numbness, now I know…" Kagome answered behind the door, all the while she was kneeling on the floor wrapping her arms around her abdomen.

~*~

A white letter was placed on the table, he stared at it as if it was some kind of dangerous chemical substance, and then he gave up, "staring at it won't make it disappear," he muttered under his breath, he smiled one of his comical smile, it seemed so strange to watch when the amusing glint in his eyes was replaced with unfathomable anguish.

Jinsei-kun,

when you read this, I might not be here anymore, this is not a farewell letter, this is only goodbye. I never told you about this, but did you remember when you jumped down from a roof surprising me? And then I told you something you thought was very peculiar, I quote, 'you reminded of someone'. What you didn't know was that you were that someone, we had met before, five hundred years ago. If we are reincarnations of our earlier life you would probably ask, well I'd say yes, but not quite.

Five hundred years ago we weren't meant to be together and now I realize we were never meant to be together, although the intensity and the profoundness of your emotion had excited me, I never could find the emotion I wanted to have in you, had you in your earlier life showed me such intensity, I might've fallen in love with you. Now I'm blaming you for something you don't remember. I'm sorry, I hadn't known, I didn't know as I don't know now.

Kagome

~*~End of Flashback~*~

{A scene after the parking place incident <in chapter five>, two days after}

Jinsei was on his way to school when a strange young man with a ponytail tied orange hair stopped him on his track.

The stranger sniffed him, and then he pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey! Hey! Stop molesting me, I'm not int-"

"I've missed you," Shippou answered in anguished tone and then he let him go, gave him weak grin as he said, "don't smoke too much, it's bad for your health."

He turned and walked away, leaving a mystified Jinsei.

*end of chapter*

Nee-chan / Onee-chan: older sister

Chotto: "wait a minute" officially means 'a little bit'

Cherry: a virgin

Yoroshiku: standard greetings when meetings folks for the first time or when you need other people to cooperate with you on some works, means 'thanks / hope I'll receive your kind favor'.

AN: This is a chapter dedicated to Kubozuka Yosuke who did great job acting as 'Saeki Tetsuya' (my inspirational character for Hata Jinsei) in jap. dorama S.O.S. (Strawberry on the Shortcake)

I find the title "Born to Love" from this dorama also, there was a picture where K. Yosuke sagged against a wall, looking lost and dejected, and the wall was painted with blood red fresh paint that wrote Born to love.

And as for the flashback, it was the time after Kagome's family moved aboard, before she met Sesshoumaru. She was nineteen when she met Jinsei and twenty-two when she met Sesshoumaru.

###Now I would like to explain to you my need of reviews, every time we write something, we always put a part from us in our creation, the vulnerability of having to show the inside of us openly consume on reassurances, and the fact that I have just literated my plea for reviews shows how desperately I need your reviews, so please?###

Daniy: my favorite lucky sutra charm, every time I read your review it always brighten up my days, Vielen Dank, for your support, 15 dogs all for yourself? wow… Wow… WOW… oh and don't forget to update, please?

Mystic Hanyou: yes poor Sesshoumaru, isn't it? I don't know, I can't fight this urge to somehow break him, I know I'm a psycho, just kid ya, I want to make him softer that's all, glad you like this fic. Good luck with your book publication.

Fallenangel17583: You! You! Do you know how much impact your review did to me?! Even my favorite professor never evaluated me like that; I was close to weeping, I could only offer you my deepest gratitude! And good luck with your story publication, consider me a new fan, please.

Obese_a_tron5000: aaahh… you didn't say anything to my pairing suggestion, kay, I'll stop with that now, so you think Sesshoumaru sexy, don't you? Wait till you- oops can't spill that now, thanks a lot that you like this fic.

For the post reviewer in a single spark;

Julie: thank you that you like this story, as for where the story leads to; I almost tempted to pair Kagome with Jinsei, he is sexy too, don't you think? But when I think about Sesshoumaru, I can't think at all…

Julia: yeah! I love zarusoba too, but sometimes my hands are too weak to make a good texture of soba dough, so I just buy them in supermarkets, ack! What a bull! I never made the dough myself, he..he.. Aaah, and please correct me if I put the jap. words wrong, I know I should refrain myself from putting them in the fic, but they're so cute and simple.

Meshomah:*cling back to you and clasp your hands* I'll update even if that's the last thing I'd do. Yaru!

Purityz_Darkness_101: uh… the slapped part with sesshy? It was how Sesshoumaru felt when Kagome refused to sit next to him, as if Kagome had slapped him hard across the face.