InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Humans ❯ Month 4 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: Hello my good readers! :D Yes, I finally updated again. -_-; I know, I'm taking forever on updates. Well, sorta. I just wanted to say, THANKS FOR REVIEWING! ^-^ Reviewers make me happy. ^-^
A few of you have given me some ideas for my story, and yes, I have taken them into consideration. I might use some, but others I might not. Not sure. :P We'll see, eh? We're not too close to the babies being born, so if you would like to help me out with something, I would love you forever. XD So, the kids are going to be a boy and a girl. I have the boy all planned out, but the girl…hehe…no. I have what she looks like, but I need a good name. Any suggestions? I will credit you if I use that name. So pick a good one! XD And I would preferably like to know what it means. :P So if you could help with that, that would be much appreciated!
 
Disclaimer: I forgot to put one of these. 0.0 Why didn't anyone tell me?! Okay, I don't own them. :P There, that's good enough. It's not like they have to rub it in. :PPP)
 
 
 
 
The demon Lord stood outside his castle, near the garden. It was a beautiful day; the birds were chirping, the sky was a vibrant blue, and the there were no problems that needed attending to. The air was warm, and smelt of exotic, spring flowers. There was a cool breeze, causing Sesshoumaru's hair to only slightly sway. His face held no emotion as he looked past the horizon. He was thinking about what he was going to do about the monk.
Miroku had not been well at all the past month. He always stayed in that one room, not leaving at all. Sesshoumaru ordered the servants to bring him his food, but Miroku rarely ate at all. His stomach barely showed signs of his pregnancy, being only the fourth month. The monk was very sick, and he was very pale in the face. Sesshoumaru tried to talk to him, but every time, he would lose his temper with the pessimistic monk. Miroku was impossible to help at this point, so thought Sesshoumaru. If there was one situation in which he felt helpless, it was definitely this one. To him, it felt as though there was nothing he could do.
His eyes looked up to the window to the room where Miroku was. He would knock some sense into the monk, even if it were to kill him. Kill the monk, that is.
 
 
Sesshoumaru knocked on Miroku's door very softly in case he was to be asleep. When no reply came to him, he decided that opening the door himself would suffice. When he entered, the monk was sitting on the bed, a blank expression on his face. He was staring at nothing, his eyes vacant. He didn't even acknowledge Sesshoumaru's presence; of course this angered the demon. Sesshoumaru had to bite his tongue to not say something about that.
He strode over to the bed, sitting down next to the monk. Finally, Miroku looked to the demon, but not directly in the eyes. “What is it?” he asked in a raspy, unused voice. Up close, Miroku looked horribly ill, and his eyes were puffy and red from crying so much. Some how, this saddened Sesshoumaru to see the monk in this state. He remembered seeing him with his friends, where he seemed alive, and happy. Sesshoumaru wouldn't allow himself to take a guilt trip, but this still tore a little at his heart. He turned his head to the side, narrowing his eyes at the monk.
“I want to know what is wrong, Miroku,” he said simply, expecting Miroku to answer him fully. Miroku snorted, scooting away from the demon to the other side of the bed.
“Why should I tell you? There's nothing you can do to help me…” he said, his sorrow clearly etched in his voice. He closed his eyes, not facing Sesshoumaru. He was so miserable. He felt so trapped, and it felt as though he could never be happy again. It seemed like everything that ever brought joy to him had been destroyed.
“I can try to help you if you would tell me. You're hurting yourself this way if you continue to act like you are now,” Sesshoumaru was already becoming impatient with the human, but he wouldn't show any signs of it.
“Oh, right, of course. Maybe I should try to get better just for your heir, right? Then as soon as it's born I can be as depressed as I want, right?” Miroku's voice was edgy, and very timid all at the same time. He felt so tired, despite the fact that all he ever did was sleep.
Out of anger, Sesshoumaru reached over and grabbed the monk by the collar, and shoved him down on the bed. He moved more on to the bed, and looked down at the monk with piercing eyes. He held onto the monk's shoulders, so that he could not move.
“Don't you ever assume that! You think I don't care for you?” he asked, daring Miroku to say otherwise. Miroku closed his eyes, tears slowly making their way down his soft, pale cheeks.
“Please, let me go…” he whispered in a shaky voice. Sesshoumaru let his face soften again, and it was then that he realized that Miroku was trembling horribly. He let go of him, but did not move away. He stared down at the little human, and noticed how fragile he looked. Despite his stomach, Miroku had gotten much skinnier. His face was pale as a ghost, and his eyes had dark circles underneath them. The only color on his face were those pink lips.
Sesshoumaru sighed, leaning down so that their faces were only inches apart. “I want you to know…that I do care about you,” he murmured, before bringing their lips together. Miroku's eyes flew open, and went wide. His hands grabbed the demon's shoulders, trying to push him away, but the demon wouldn't allow it. Sesshoumaru deepened the kiss only slightly, his tongue moving out to lick at the human's bottom lip. Miroku finally succumbed to the demon's kiss, and loosened his grip on his shoulders. Sesshoumaru's hand came up to rest against Miroku's cheek. He pulled away, looking into his violet eyes.
“I know what I have done to you is killing you inside, but you must understand…” he paused, trying to bring together the right words. He didn't want to say something that wasn't true, but he wanted the human to feel better. Should he lie…? He thought it too cruel, and Miroku would only find out later. He only cared for Miroku to a certain extent, for he barely knew him anyway. He sighed, knowing no matter what he said, he would have to be very cautious; Miroku would take anything wrong at this point. His mood swings were already taking effect… “…That I would do anything to protect you. You are carrying my child, and that is a good enough reason as any. Do you understand me?” he asked, his golden eyes looking deep into Miroku's own. When the monk nodded, Sesshoumaru sat up, his eyes still on the monk. “Good. So please, try to make your stay here the best you can. I'm tired of trying to make you do things you don't want to do. Just do it, and get it over with. You don't have more then a year here…” he rose, and helped Miroku up as well.
Miroku was a little shaky still, and standing made it a bit worse. Sesshoumaru allowed the monk to balance against him, and he eventually was able to stand on his own.
“Now, come. You should eat something. I can tell you're already wasting away…” he said, striding over to the door. He opened it, and turned to Miroku. The human sighed, following the demon.
“Sesshoumaru…” Miroku said in a barely audible whisper.
“Yes?”
“Thank you. I don't know what I was doing just now, and before. I think…I'm over it now…” Miroku looked down at the floor, a confused expression on his face. Sesshoumaru raised a brow.
“Something troubling you…?”
“For some reason…I almost feel…happy…” Miroku looked up into Sesshoumaru's eyes.
A half smile graced the demon's lips. “Hm. That usually happens when you're carrying a child,”
Miroku cocked his head. “Really…?”
“Unfortunately, yes. I suppose I should learn to control my temper before it gets worse…”
“What do you mean…?”
“You'll see…”
(A/N: HAHA! MOOD SWINGS! XD)
 
 
Inu Yasha growled as he was hit over the head with a tree branch Kagome just happened to find.
“Inu Yasha! He's been missing for a month! What did you say to him to make him run off like that?” Kagome demanded, her hands on her hips.
Inu Yasha snorted. “If I told you, the monk would kill me!” He stood up, knowing he was in a vulnerable spot sitting down with Kagome standing. He crossed his arms over his chest, and glared at the human girl. “I'm sure he's fine. He's a grown man who can take care of himself…” he grumbled.
“Not if he was alone! There are all sorts of demons that can harm him! Naraku being one of them!” she shouted, her face turning red. “I told you, while I was gone, you were to find him! But when I come back, where is he?! NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!”
“You know, Kagome, when you get angry, your face looks like a big, red apple,” Inu Yasha pointed out, snickering behind his hand.
Kagome's brow twitched, and it almost seemed like steam could come out of her ears at that moment. “SIT BOY, SIT!” Inu Yasha's face was instantly pressed to the dirt.
“Kagome…I'm sure Inu Yasha is right. Miroku can take care of himself,” Sango finally spoke up from sitting on a log, Shippou next to her. She had remained quiet throughout all of their bickering, wanting to stay out of it completely. She was just as worried as Kagome was, but she some how knew he was okay.
Kagome went and sat next to her, shooting a glare at Inu Yasha, who was now grumpily sitting up from the ground. “I'm sure you're right, but I just worry. What if something bad really did happen to him…?”
“I know what you mean…” Sango turned to Inu Yasha. “Why did you say he left? I would like to know…” she paused, blushing slightly. “I just don't want anything bad to happen to him, so please…tell me…” she looked at him with pleading eyes, and Inu Yasha sighed.
“Alright, alright.” Inu Yasha sat criss-crossed, his hands in his lap. “Basically…Miroku is pregnant,”
“Wha-what…?” both girls asked at the same time. Inu Yasha nodded.
“Yes. Our dear monk is going to have a baby.”
Both girls face vaulted.
 
 
(A/N: Haha, did you think I forgot about them…?! NO! OF COURSE NOT! Well actually, yes, I did. >_< I know, I suck. But hey, at least I added them in while I was still able to! So it's all good.
So I'm currently working on another story as well. It's a Tekken one. >D I love that game, so I made a story. :PP I think I only came up with that idea because of RP. That goes for this story as well. RP IS CORRUPTION! XD “I am your absolute corruption…” Fuctrack #6 Haha, I love Hide. <333
Okay, sorry, now I'm just rambling. :P So please READ AND REVIEW! Love ya! :D)