InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Humans ❯ Why me? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: VIOLA! I have updated, are you happy? ^-^ I sure hope so, because this chapter was hard. I was so lost with my own story, it was rather sad. :P But after much consideration, I have found what I am going to do with this plot. Hopefully it'll be good, and I'll have my lovely reviewers to tell me if it is or not!
So the story is sort of getting more “sad”, I guess you can say. I did this because I love angst, so I may have to change some things on the info about the story, lmao. Sorry if you're not into angst. There will still be funny scenes, but that'll be a little bit later. Miroku is being EMO now, so you'll have to wait. :P Bastard. Making my poor reviewers read through EMOISH crap… I'll kick his ass later, don't worry. ;)
ENJOY! ^-^
 
Miroku paced over to the window, looking out over Sesshoumaru's land. It was so peaceful when it was dark. It was almost like it was a perfect world; if only such a thing existed. The stars shimmered brightly overhead, while the pale moonlight shone through the trees. The forest looked completely black from where Miroku was. It was as though the earth had stopped, and then there was nothing but darkness.
He had been thinking a while, and everything was coming at him at such a fast pace. Could he really do this? His new look on this situation was that no matter what he picked, he would have to go through with it either way. There was only one option that would stop this, and that was death. He let this thought pass through his mind instantly. He figured, why kill both of them, when at least one can live…?
Miroku was so helpless at that moment; he didn't even have a vague idea of what he was going to do. He wished someone else could make the decision for him; it would have been so much easier. He would even be happy with a horrible decision, as long as he didn't have to make it.
Miroku tilted his head, still staring at the endless darkness, thinking of his friends. Did they worry for him? Were they concerned at all…? Most of him hoped they weren't, but a small portion wished for them to worry about him. At least someone would, right? If things hadn't turned out this way, he would probably be with them at that very moment. Inu Yasha would be fighting with Kagome, while Shippou and Sango would try to break them up. Miroku, of course, would just sit back and watch. Their fights were always the same. One would say something wrong, and the other one wouldn't like it. Miroku took a deep sigh, wishing he were doing that right now. Even if, in that moment, Miroku was the most comfortable in a demon's castle than he would ever be, he still really missed his friends, and would definitely rather tough it out with them on cold hard ground…
There was an attentive knock at the door, which startled Miroku, causing him to look up, and stroll to the door. He stared at the door, waiting to see if he were perhaps only hearing things. Another knock proved that he was indeed not. He hesitantly opened the door, and looked to see who it was. There was no one…?
“Ahem,” Miroku looked down, seeing the source of the noise. It was Jaken, Sesshoumaru's little, green henchman. He stepped back in surprise, waiting for the little toad demon to speak. “Sesshoumaru requests your presence in the dining hall,” he said in a small squeaky voice. Miroku nodded, following the small form of the retreating demon.
Once again, Miroku went through impossible hallways, and out-of-nowhere passageways. He stayed close behind the demon, not wanting to get lost. He wondered why Sesshoumaru really needed to speak to him. Miroku thought that Sesshoumaru had said enough, and there was really nothing left to be said. Or maybe it was the fact that Miroku didn't really want to speak in the first place. Especially if it had to be about his little problem. He figured, the whole time in which he would be staying, that the only reason he was there, was because of the unborn children. They had no reason at all, otherwise, to say anything to each other. He figured he would just stay in that one room, and not have to see the demon once.
Jaken lead him into a large, candlelit room. The room had a theme of red going on, with red curtains, rug, and even the cushions of the chairs were red. The room was well lit, making the whole atmosphere very comfortable. There was a large table, with many chairs around it. The table had three silver plates, with matching glasses and silverware around them. At the head of the table, was none other than Lord Sesshoumaru himself. He had a hard to read expression on his face, but it looked to be good. There wasn't a hidden scowl or anything, so Miroku wasn't too worried.
“Take a seat, Miroku,” Sesshoumaru motioned for the monk to sit next to him. Miroku was a little shocked to hear his own name come from the demon's human hating lips, but he sat nonetheless. He was very stiff, not wanting to make a wrong move in front of the demon lord, so he decided to remain quiet.
“Jaken, go get Rin,” Sesshoumaru ordered the little toad demon. Jaken bowed, and went to fetch the human child. Sesshoumaru turned his attention to the human to his right. He studied Miroku's face, looking for any signs of discomfort. There were plenty of signs, most of them shown right on the monks sleeve. His eyebrows were knit together, and his eyes remained downcast to the silver plate in front of him. He was trembling a little bit, and he looked very troubled. Sesshoumaru frowned at this, wondering what was wrong with the human.
“Monk…?” He asked, keeping his voice calm. Miroku looked up, startled.
“Y-yes?” he stuttered. The human's eyes looked up into Sesshoumaru's.
“You're quiet. I know you're usually not like that. I've heard you talk a lot with my half brother. So why do you stay silent now…?” Sesshoumaru questioned, cocking his head a bit, his eyes sparkling with curiosity.
“I-I…” Miroku didn't know what to say. He thought that perhaps telling the demon that he hated him was not the proper thing to say. At least Sesshoumaru was accepting responsibility for what he did, right? Even this thought didn't seem to cross his mind as soon as he spoke, “I don't wish to stay here with you. I would like to go back with my companions as soon as possible,” he said in a shaky voice. He closed his eyes, knowing the demon's temper.
Sesshoumaru blinked a few times, surprised at this. He knew the monk would want to go back, but he didn't think he would even have the guts to say anything about it. Sesshoumaru sighed. “I'm sorry, human. That is impossible now. You have no choice but to stay with me,” he said matter-of-factly.
Miroku opened his eyes, glaring at the demon. “It's not impossible! I could very damn well get up and leave right now if I wanted to! I dare you to stop me, Sesshoumaru!” he stood up abruptly, his eyes burning with anger.
“Do not raise your voice to me, human, in my own castle! If you ever do such a thing again, I will kill you! Now sit down, and do not say another word unless you are spoken to!” he growled. One glare from the demon caused Miroku to sit back down. He was weak enough as it was, and picking a fight with Sesshoumaru would be fatal. He could feel tears burning in the back of his eyes, but he kept them at bay. He despised the demon right then, and he wouldn't show any more weakness in front of him.
“Lord Sesshoumaru!” came the small human girl's voice. She ran up to the demon and hugged him around the neck. Sesshoumaru did not, however, return the gesture. The little girl's eyes turned to Miroku. “Hi!” she said happily. He softly smiled, acknowledging her presence. “I'm so glad you're going to be staying with us, Miroku!” she said, her eyes twinkling with a childish innocence.
Miroku nodded. “Me too,” he lied. He didn't want to say that he would rather eat dirt, because he thought it rude. Sesshoumaru watched Miroku out of the corner of his eye. Miroku could feel his eyes upon him, and decided to look down at his hands in his lap. He didn't want to meet the gaze of the demon.
Not too soon after, the food was brought out, and Sesshoumaru got Rin her food. He looked to Miroku. “You can help yourself,” he said to the human.
Miroku looked up. “I'm not hungry,” he said. There he was lying again. He was starving, but his appetite had completely diminished. He hadn't eaten for a while, and that was one cause of his loss of strength.
“I didn't ask if you were,” the demon said, glaring at him. “Now eat,” he barked. Miroku ignored him, and looked to the ground. Sesshoumaru growled. “Listen to me, human! You are carrying my pup, and I will not have it dying because you're too stubborn to eat something! I don't care about your pride! You're hurting yourself this way as well, and it makes you even more pathetic,”
“I don't care,” Miroku said, tears starting to come to his eyes. “I'm just a weak human no matter what I do. I have no pride any longer,” he murmured, standing, and walking away. Sesshoumaru stood from his own seat, and grabbed Miroku by the chin, and forced him to look at him.
“Do as I tell you to,” he ordered, pushing Miroku back into his seat. Miroku didn't react, but simply sat there, keeping his eyes downcast. Rin looked at Sesshoumaru, confused.
“Lord Sesshoumaru…?”
“Never mind him. Finish your dinner, and then the servants will take you to bed,” he said, sitting back down. Rin nodded, not wanting to make Sesshoumaru any angrier than he already was. Sesshoumaru turned to Miroku, that glint of anger still lingering in his golden eyes. “Fine, human. I can already tell you're not going to do as I tell you, so you can leave to your room,” he said in a deadly tone. Miroku paid no attention to him, and rose from his seat. Without a second glance back, he went through the doors, and out of the dining hall.
He remembered exactly where he came from, so he knew where he was going in the huge castle. He could feel the tears burning to fall, but he wouldn't allow them. He wanted to stay strong so Sesshoumaru wouldn't see his weakness at any time. He didn't even know why these feelings were suddenly stronger than they ever had been. He wanted to break down crying right then and there, and his reason wasn't even a good one, or so he thought. The reason for his sorrow was because he had wanted to be loved. If he was going to have this demon's child, he at least wanted to be respected. He thought love was asking too much, but it would have been nice nonetheless. He didn't exactly love the demon either, but he thought that even a small romance for a few months would be better then being alone with no one. He knew he was never going to get this, and this saddened him even further. Why was his life falling apart? It seemed as though he would never be happy ever again. It felt as though his life would continue to be troublesome, and it would never get any better.
He entered his room, slamming the door shut. He instantly went to his bed and buried his face in the pillows, finally allowing himself to cry. He was well aware this wouldn't help anything, but it felt good, somehow. He was so mentally confused by everything. He even confused himself. He had never actually cried like this before; why was he now? He didn't even know, but that didn't stop him from doing so.
“I hate this,” he whispered.
 
 
A/N: So it's a little bit longer than usual, I hope you like that! The next chapter won't be done for a while, so there will be a long wait! >_< Oi, sorry again. So please be patient with me! It'll get somewhere eventually. And that is all I have to say about that…