InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Humans ❯ What To Do ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: HI HI! ^-^ Here I am, UPDATING! OMG! YUS!
Sorry for taking so long. I'm no longer in trouble for ditching, though! :D I've just been really busy. I was VERY pleased with my last reviews! OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love getting reviews. They're what makes me want to continue this story to the very end. But…if I don't have any reviews, I will refuse to continue! :P Fair is fair, right? I'm kind of disappointed with this chapter. The story is still going rather slow. I want to spice it up a bit, but I'm having horrible writers' block. Oi…:P
After this next chapter, I will title the chapters with number of Months. Like “Fourth Month”, “Fifth Month”…etc…:P This will stand for how far along Miroku is. Until of course we get to nine months, then the chapter titles will be something different. ^-^ There may even be “4.5” or something too. But only if I feel the need to explain myself more. So yeah, I think that's all I need to say! ON TO THE STORY!
 
 
Miroku had decided to follow Sesshoumaru, not sure what the demon had in mind. He figured it would be best if he just listened to what he wanted and everything would turn out okay. He thought he must have been losing his mind, but what other option did he have? He was a pregnant monk who had nowhere to go. He knew he still had his friends, but could he really face them with his situation? He thought not. Inu Yasha knew he was to conceive, but to tell the girls was not what he had in mind. Especially since he had his eye on none other then Sango. He was in love with her, but could he really tell her straight out he was to give birth? Definitely not.
He looked ahead to the back of the elegant demon. Sesshoumaru had remained silent through their little walk, and Miroku had no plan to change that. He thought that maybe if he stayed quiet, he would at least live another hour or so. The trail they had to go through was rugged, and rather hard for Miroku to manage, but he did either way. He didn't want to get lost in some place foreign to him. That would be very dangerous since he only had his wind tunnel, and nothing else to protect himself.
They walked for a little bit longer, and Miroku suddenly realized where they were. Before he knew it, they were at the front doors of Sesshoumaru's castle. Everything seemed peaceful around there, but he could only hope. The trees around the castle were blowing, and the sky was bright. The faint smell of spring flowers was hinted in the on coming breeze, and Miroku rather liked it. It was weird; even Sesshoumaru's castle could be beautiful.
Miroku looked confused, and watched as Sesshoumaru entered. He didn't want to go in for two reasons: 1. Sesshoumaru might not even want him in there in the first place. 2. Could he really trust the demon?
Sesshoumaru turned, looking at the monk like he was just a stray puppy that had lost its way. His eyes narrowed, and Miroku felt as though following Sesshoumaru was the worst thing he had ever done. He knew he was dead now. Those golden orbs were hinting quite plainly that he had made a huge mistake.
“I swear, Monk, if you even so much as mention our situation, I will kill you on the spot, whether you're carrying my pup, or not. Do you understand?” His tone was sharp, and very stern. Miroku would have come up with a witty remark, but those eyes were too intimidating for him, so he simply nodded. Sesshoumaru turned swiftly, and entered the castle, many servants rushing to him to tend to his every need. Miroku hesitated, but eventually followed, catching up to the demon. He received a few glares from the many demon servants, but none of them actually did anything. He knew this because Sesshoumaru was there.
“I will take you to the corridors in which you will be staying, and then later we will talk. I don't want to hear your protests, or anything from you at this moment, so hold your tongue, Human,” Sesshoumaru said, no emotion in his voice at all.
“Stop calling me `Human'. I do have a name. It's Miroku,” the human said, looking up at the demon for any reaction. The demon did not turn his gaze to him at all. Instead, a small smirk played across his lips.
“I call you what I very well please. This is my castle, and you will oblige by the rules. You are not superior to anyone in this castle; not even my petty servants,” Miroku sighed, knowing he should have kept his mouth shut. He decided not reply to that, and just followed Sesshoumaru the rest of the way in silence.
They went through many passageways, and hallways. Miroku knew he would get lost in this castle. It was huge, and he was just a little speck compared to this strange place. It amazed him how Sesshoumaru knew exactly where he was going with out so much as a glance around. To Miroku, the castle had a rich feel to it. It was almost as though Sesshoumaru were royalty. Well, he almost was, considering the fact that he was, after all, the ruler of the Western Lands.
Sesshoumaru stopped at a door, and opened it. He waited for Miroku to go inside, and then he went in, closing the door behind them. Miroku gasped once he saw the room. The bed looked as though it were made out of some sort of fancy wood, while the sheets and bedding were made out of what looked to be red silk. The other furniture that was scattered around the room looked like it too was made out of the same wood. The room had a small balcony that led outside. It had a perfect view of the sunset, and all of the land that spread before the castle. It was the most beautiful place Miroku could ever hope to step foot in.
“This is where you will be staying. Now, get some rest, and I will be around later to talk with you,” Sesshoumaru turned to leave, but not before turning, and saying, “And don't even try to leave. I have guards spread throughout my entire land that will take you right back here,” With that said, he opened the door, and left.
Miroku watched the door for a few more seconds before returning his gaze to look at the wonderful room in which he would be staying. He looked longingly at the bed, and decided he wanted to get some rest. He strolled over to the bed, and laid his hand on it, feeling the sheets. It was indeed silk, and the finest, he was sure. He lifted the covers, and crawled inside, the softness feeling very soothing to him. The bed was very comfortable; just the way he liked it. It definitely surpassed sleeping on the ground. He sighed deeply before closing his eyes, and drifting off to sleep.
 
When Miroku awoke, he could feel eyes upon him. He knew who it was before he even opened his own eyes. It was Sesshoumaru. He wasn't sure how long the demon had been watching him, but it was a little innerving to know that he could have very well been watching him for a while. He opened his eyes slowly, sighing deeply. He looked to the demon, and his eyes met Sesshoumaru's.
“You've been asleep for nearly two days, human. Your travels have left you sleep deprived,” the demon said with a low voice. Miroku wasn't sure, but it sounded as though Sesshoumaru had actually said something without having that sarcastic tone behind his words.
Miroku frowned. “I've been asleep for two days? Wow…” he cocked his head, “Why didn't you wake me up?” he asked, knowing Sesshoumaru was an impatient demon, and he would most likely never want to wait for anyone, especially if he had something important to say.
“I didn't bother. I know that you have child with you now, and I have all the time I need at the moment.” He said simply, standing from the chair he had been sitting at. He strode over to sit at the edge of the bed, and leaned over to wipe a stray hair away from Miroku's face.
Miroku almost pulled back, but he caught himself before doing so. “What do you mean you have all the time you need…?” The monk wasn't sure what to make of any of this. Sesshoumaru's gentle gesture was confusing enough for him.
“That is what I needed to talk to you about. You're going to be staying with me until your children are born. I can't risk my offspring getting killed by your foolish activities with my half-breed brother,”
Miroku didn't even listen to the last part of Sesshoumaru's sentence as soon as he heard the word `children'. “Wait…you said `children'. As in, more then one…”
“Yes, I did. You're pregnant with more then one. I can feel it in your energy. That is why taking care of yourself will be more crucial then ever before. You need to understand your limits, and not push yourself. You will not only damage yourself, but now your children if you do not realize this,”
This was all too fast for Miroku. He couldn't quite grasp the fact that he was going to have two. That was impossible! He just barely accepted the fact that he was even with child in the first place, but this…?
“Sesshoumaru…I-…”
“I know. I'll leave you for now. I'll have Jaken come and get you soon so he can take you down for dinner.” Before Miroku could even say anything, Sesshoumaru had taken his leave, and left the monk in the room all by himself. He was glad for this, though. He had a lot to think about, and with the demon in his presence it made it hard to even think.
He sighed. “What I have gotten myself into…?”
 
 
A/N: Thanks for reading! PLEASE REVIEW! I WANT LOTS AND LOTS OF REVIEWS FOR MAH CRAPPY STORY! Or else I won't update. :p Simple as that! ^-^
So please review! Also, if anyone has any ideas at all, feel free to suggest them! If I use your ideas, I will be sure to credit them!
Thanks!