InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Humans ❯ The Talk ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Alright, sorry I haven't been updating lately. I got into a whole heap of trouble from ditching…>_< Yes, I am a bad kid. So I got grounded from the comp. In fact, I'm grounded right now, but I'm sneaking this update right now, lmao. Hope you guys like this one. It's short again, sorry. But unless you'd rather me update next month, it will have to be short for right now. So yeah, this is just basically a short talk between Sesshy and Miroku. ^-^
 
 
“What do you want, Sesshoumaru…?” Miroku asked, stepping back from the demon. He was afraid in so many ways, but there was a small spark inside the monk, that made him want to stand up to him. Sesshoumaru could feel the flicker of anger run through Miroku, even from where he was standing.
“I came to talk to you, monk. I believe there is already something your would like to speak to me about, as well. Am I correct?” he asked, cornering Miroku into a tree. The monk winced when he felt the tree trunk hit his back. He knew he couldn't get away from Sesshoumaru. He closed his eyes, slinking down the trunk of the tree. Sesshoumaru watched in amusement, cocking his head to the side slightly. “Well, monk? Answer me,” he snapped, becoming a little impatient with Miroku's lack of reply. Miroku tried his best to keep his eyes closed, not wanting to look into those gorgeous golden orbs that were so contently looking down at him. He didn't want to be ridiculed anymore, and he knew Sesshoumaru had a long list of insults that were going to be heading his way. He blocked out Sesshoumaru completely, not wanting to talk to this demon at all.
“Human…” he growled, reaching down, and grabbing the front of Miroku's robes, pulling the poor monk up. Sesshoumaru's other hand grabbed his chin, making him look at him in the eye. “Answer me now, or I will kill you,” he said through clenched teeth. Miroku didn't look at all phased by this, and simply averted his eyes away, looking past Sesshoumaru. He didn't have anything to say to the demon, and he didn't think any witty remarks would help his situation at the moment. Sesshoumaru's hand grabbed Miroku's neck, nearly choking him. Miroku coughed, now trying to pull Sesshoumaru's hand away. He knew his attempts were futile, but he didn't want to give in like a week human, that he knew he was. Sesshoumaru chuckled, a small smirk playing across his lips. “Poor monk. Caught in a trap you can't get yourself out of? Not even my half-breed brother can save you from this one. He's nowhere near here…”
“Let me go!” Miroku finally choked out, squirming, trying to break free of Sesshoumaru's grasp.
“Will you answer me then…?” Sesshoumaru asked.
“Y-yes!” Sesshoumaru dropped the monk, letting him fall to the ground. He raised a brow as Miroku rubbed his red neck where Sesshoumaru had held him. He waited patiently for the monk to speak. “I-I don't wish to talk to you. I have nothing to say to you, Sesshoumaru,” He knew lying would probably get him into a world of trouble, but perhaps Sesshoumaru would just take the bate, and leave.
“You're lying, human. I can see it in your eyes. You have something to ask me, but you refuse to say anything. So I'll say something first,” Sesshoumaru stood over the monk, sniffing the air around him. “I can tell from the way you smell…you're carrying a child…” he said, glaring at the human. Miroku winced once he heard this.
“That's what Inu Yasha has said already. I don't know where either of you are getting this from. It's impossible!” he shook his head, standing up, brushing himself off.
“Not entirely. If you have mated with a male demon, its actually quite logical,” Sesshoumaru pointed out, thinking. “It really depends on which demon you have mated with…”
“The last demon I have ever had sex with would be you, Sesshoumaru!” Miroku said, unafraid to announce this out loud. Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes at the human's sudden out burst.
“No. I couldn't have been the last one. I would never think of mating with you, so you can have pups. My heir would never be a filthy half breed!” Sesshoumaru's words were like poison. His eyes burned with anger; flashing crimson. Miroku stepped back a few feet, worried he had said too much. “Human, tell me you have mated with another demon after me. Tell me this, so I can be on my way,” he said calmly, his features smooth once again.
Miroku knew he should lie, but what good would it do? If he were to really conceive, could he just pretend that it was some other demon's child? Miroku bit his bottom lip, not sure of what to do. He wished he had never gotten involved with Inu Yasha's brother in the first place; then he wouldn't even be in this mess now. “I-I…well…” He just wanted to come right out and tell the truth, but it was just too hard. He knew that as soon as he said his answer, Sesshoumaru would kill him the instant the words left his mouth.
“Now, human!” Sesshoumaru growled.
“No, Sesshoumaru. I have not mated with another demon. Only you…” he murmured, closing his eyes. He waited for the fatal blow, but it never came. He could only feel two eyes burning holes into him. Sesshoumaru was staring at him, he knew, but he didn't understand why he was not dead yet. He didn't dare open his eyes, though. He didn't want to see the demonic face that would end his very life.
After what seemed like hours, Sesshoumaru finally spoke. “Come with me, monk,” was all he said.
 
 
A/N: Once again, I apologize for my lack of update, and my short chapters. Next chapter will be more detailed about what's going to happen. I'm not even sure myself where this story is going, so I'm pretty much winging it. Seems to be working for me, so I'll continue to do that.