InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Humans ❯ Well, is it true? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: GRAWR! Holy crap! I'm so sorry for delaying this for so long! I am a failure! Oh well. At least I am updating some.
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEWS! Like I said, they make me happy. ^-^
Oi, I haven't been updating as of the late because of school. It's totally throwing me off. :P Bastard school. I hate it. Total waste of time!
So yeah. The next update might not be for a looong time. Sorry, guys. But who knows? I may get inspired sometime! But yeah. I also have horrible writer's block…>_<
I've made a goal that I might be able to stick with. A new chapter at least every month. Okay? But then again…YOU NEVER KNOW!
So hope you like it. Took me a while to write!
THANKS!
 
 
 
After walking for a while, Miroku finally stopped at a slow moving river. Parts of the river looked crystal from the peeking sun behind the many trees surrounding it.
He was feeling a little better, though not by much. The crisp cool air of the morning was really waking him up. He had to pull his robes closer to keep himself from shivering. He wished he had stayed back at the camp they had set up, but he really hated them all looking at him. And Inu Yasha's smirking face…
He wished he knew what was going on with him. Ever since a few months ago (three to be exact), he hadn't been himself. Well, who would be, after in intimate encounter with the one and only Lord Sesshoumaru? Yes, the Lord of the Western lands himself! He remembered it so clearly; the dream followed exactly what happened perfectly. Everything about the dream! It was almost like reality repeated; despite the pain it brought him. Because you can't feel anything in dreams. Nothing at all.
He stared down at the water, lost in thought. What if Inu Yasha was right? Could he actually be…? He didn't think it possible, but after that encounter with Sesshoumaru, almost anything could be possible… Whether he be pregnant, diseased, or even turned into a demon. Anything could work with that bastard of a demon.
He felt his stomach through the cloth of his clothes, and could feel that he was starting to loose his masculine figure. He knew it could be by coincidence, but he hadn't been eating much in the first place as of the late. He knew something was up, and he refused to think that perhaps Inu Yasha's little guess was more then just a guess. There might even be some logic to it. It had been mating season when he had talked to Sesshoumaru that night. He didn't think anything bad would come of just talking, but obviously the demon had more on his mind. Even death would probably be sweeter then to just have a nice lay, and be done with it, not leaving any problems for Miroku later. Of course, things never went well for the poor monk. Something bad would always come of something he knew he shouldn't be doing. Even if that bad thing happened to be a child.
“At least I got what I wanted, right? An heir?” he whispered quietly, his mind starting to make him believe that he was pregnant. He knew he should think logically, but he had no other explanation, or option to turn to. He would get it confirmed somehow, but he didn't exactly know a way. Inu Yasha's nose would not do. That stupid Hanyou could just have smelled something else. It wouldn't be the first time in which the half-breed would be wrong…
The monk stuck a hand in the cool water, causing a shiver from the sudden chill he received from doing so. He swished the water around, trying to think of more options. None came to mind, and he had a feeling that there wasn't anything else to think of.
He listened to his surroundings, noticing he was indeed a little far from his group. He picked his head up, and closed his eyes. That's when he felt it. The presence of a demon; and not a good one at that. He stood up quickly, looking deep into the trees for any sign of the demon. He knew he should turn back to his friends, but the demon could very well be in that way.
“Calm yourself, Monk, I'm here to talk to you,” Miroku whirled around to the very voice of all his problems. The dry, coldness of the voice causing him to wince.
Great, just what he needed…
 
 
A/N: >_< Sorry it's so short! I always make the chappies short, because I get too impatient to just make them long. So next chappy will be of `The Talk'. WO0t! Please be patient with me! I'm really trying!
MCL! ^-^