InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, No! Not Another AU?! ❯ Oh, That! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Edited 7/28/04

~*A/N: Yay! Another chapter! Go, read, enjoy!*~

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of it, but my kitty does like to steal things, so if you find it in my apartment, arrest him, not me!

Chapter Seven: Oh, that!

Kagome returned to her room, flopping down on the nearest bed and throwing an arm over her eyes. She felt the bed sink down, most likely from her friends sitting down next to her. She pulled her arm from over her eyes, looking up into two expectant faces. "Well?" Rin finally chirped up.

"Well, what?" Kagome asked, still confused by Inu-Yasha's actions on the elevator.

"Kagome!" Sango threw her hands up in frustration. "Well, did we make it?"

Kagome's expression turned thoughtful, wondering for a moment just what her friend was referring to. Realization dawned slowly, her eyebrows disappearing beneath unruly bangs. "Oh! That! Of course! Did you ever have any doubt?" she said smirking.

Rin squealed, hugging both girls before bouncing around the room. Sango smiled, but looked down at Kagome in consideration. "'That', Kagome? What else would we be asking about?" Sango asked, a smirk on her face.

"Nuh-nothing!" Kagome stammered, a blush creeping up her cheeks as she sat up.

"Then why are you blushing, Kagome-chan?" Sango pressed, leaning forward to look her in the eyes.

"I'm not!" Kagome lied, turning her red face away from Sango's gaze.

Rin suddenly stopped her bouncing, her mouth forming a small 'o' as she said, "We left you alone with Inu-Yasha. Did something happen between you two?" Rin hopped onto the bed, kneeling on the other side of Kagome.

Kagome feigned a look of disgust, "Kami-sama, IE!" She shook her head, her wavy locks falling in her face. "He just lied to me and tricked me into swearing, and then he had the nerve to demand a quarter from me!"

"Sure, Kagome, whatever you say," Sango said, rolling her eyes. Rin leaned back on her heals, pouting slightly.

"So, what song are we going to do tomorrow?" Kagome asked, greatful that she could think of something to change the subject. 'Now if I can just avoid having to see him until tomorrow...' her thought was interrupted by Rin's resumed bouncing.

"That's right! We only have until lunch to decide, after all!" Rin chirped.

"Why only until lunch? We don't go on until tomorrow afternoon?" Kagome questioned, tilting her head to the side in confusion.

"You really were off in your own little world, weren't you?" Sango asked, hands on hips. "We agreed to give the bakas a tour of the city after lunch."

"NANI?!" Kagome shrieked. 'So much for avoidance, then.'

"I think we should do a song that people actually will know this time," Rin said thoughtfully, unaware of the conversation between her two bandmates.

"But, Rin, I think something more original shows our talent more. No one knew 'Shelley', but they danced and cheered anyway," Kagome argued.

"I think Rin has a point," Sango stated. "You know how hard it is to do something everyone knows. If you get one word wrong, they turn on you. It would as easily display our talent."

Kagome sighed, realizing she wouldn't win this one. "Fine. Anything in particular?"

"Hmm... maybe..." Sango said, leaning in to whisper.

~*Next door, with the boys*~

"I think we should do a lesser known song," Shippo piped up. The three boys were seated in a circle on the bed, Miroku's skin red from scrubbing. He had dressed in baggy black cargo pants and a white wife-beater. He had decided to burn the clothes from the night before.

"I think Shippo's right," Miroku agreed, nodding.

Inu-Yasha tipped his head to the side, studying his friends. "What brought this on?"

"It was... Sango and Kagome's comments at breakfast," Shippo said in a small voice, averting his gaze to his lap.

"Well, there's always 'Bob' then," Inu-Yasha smirked. His friends' faces brightened at the suggestion.

"After all, they did disband," Miroku pondered.

"And Shinji did give us permission," Shippo added. 'Bob' was a band that the boys had gone to high school with. They graduated a year ago, and disbanded when all of the members went to separate colleges.

"It's decided then," Inu-Yasha smirked, satisfied. Suddenly, he remembered his words to Kikyo. "Uh, guys, we have one problem."

"What's that?" Shippo halted in his search for his 'Bob' cd.

"I told Kikyo I couldn't hang with her because I had plans this afternoon."

"Oh, is that all," Miroku replied, a sly grin on his lips.

"'All'? If she finds out I don't have plans, she'll never leave me alone!"

Shippo locked eyes with Miroku, "He doesn't remember, does he?"

"I think he was too caught up in Kagome-san's eyes," Miroku replied.

"What in the seven hells are you talking about?" Inu-Yasha shouted.

"The girls agreed to give us a little tour of the city," Miroku supplied.

"Oh. Well, that solves that then," Inu-Yasha replied, flopping back on the bed.

~*Later, at lunch*~

The six sat at the table, happily eating lunch. Kagome was avoiding making eye contact with Inu-Yasha, Rin was humming to her sandwich, Shippo was bouncing as he chewed, Inu-Yasha was staring off into space, Miroku studied Sango, and Sango kept looking up and looking away, blushing.

"So," Sango broke the silence, "where do you guys want us to take you?"

"I'll follow anywhere you lead," Miroku said, his voice making the statement sound extremely sexual. Sango shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Are there any arcades around here?" Inu-Yasha asked.

"Everywhere," Rin said, thoughtful. "Ano, there's the one at the mall, at the pizza place downtown, across town at another mall..."

"How about the closest one?"

"Well, that would be at the boardwalk," Rin continued to ponder.

"The boardwalk it is," Miroku held his fork in the air to emphasize the decision.

"Kagome," a masculine voice came from behind her, making her jump. The whole table looked up to see who it was. Inu-Yasha recognized him as the boy who Kikyo had clung to while he gyrated onstage the night before. His hair was again up in a high ponytail, a brown sweatband around his head. He wore another tight muscle shirt of the same shade over khaki pants.

"Kouga-kun," Kagome said, her face lighting up, thankful for the distraction.

He smiled wolfishly down at her, "I thought that was you onstage last night. My little punk princess."

Inu-Yasha glared at the boy heatedly. "Your?" he spat out, the word past his lips before he could rethink it. Kouga raised his eyes to glare at him across the table. Inu-Yasha was greatful he had remembered to grab his sunglasses before leaving the room again. Kagome glared at him, brown eyes boring holes through his sunglasses. Inu-Yasha sunk lower in his chair.

"You have any plans for the afternoon?" Kouga asked, returning his gaze to Kagome, his features softening into a smile.

"Actually, we agreed to show these guys around a little. Gomen," Kagome had turned back to him, her expression changing from angry to sweet in the blink of an eye.

"Some other time then. Ja ne," he said, turning and walking away.

"How do you know him?" Sango whispered, leaning closer to Kagome.

"He lives in Kyoto. I met him last summer when I stayed with my aunt," Kagome answered, sipping her water.

"Kyoto? Does that mean he goes to school with you guys?" Rin asked, turning to the boys across the table.

"Ie. They go to South, I think," Miroku replied.

"Oh. Everyone ready to go?" Rin asked, looking around the table. Five heads nodded in response, and they all got up to go.

'Kami-sama, if I get through this alive, I owe you big time,' Kagome silently prayed.

~*A/N: Enter Kouga! I had to throw in that part about Rin humming to her food. I have a friend who does that, and her personality comes through in Rin a lot in this fic. Until next time. Ja ne, minna!*~