InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Wing & a Prayer ❯ The Lady of Silver ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On a Wing and a Prayer

Part I : The Lady of Silver

A few hours later, the human that Sesshomaru had rescued awoke in a large bed in a dark, cavernous room. Her hazel eyes fluttered open, and they immediately started scanning the room. "Where…where am I?" she asked. She sat up, brushing a strand of her midnight black hair out of her face. She squinted, trying to distinguish the different objects in the pitch black. Then she heard footsteps and saw a bright light to her left.

She turned, the sunlight streaming through the now-open window burning her eyes. Shielding her eyes, she saw a young woman with a fluffy fox tail and pointed ears, holding a bowl of water and what looked like fresh bandages. "Oh, so you've returned to the realm of the living," she said. The fox walked over at pulled away the curtains of a second window as the young woman's sight began to return. "W-who are you? Where am I?" she demanded. The fox woman laughed a little. "Calm down. My name is Kyoko. And what might yours be?" she asked in reply.

The young woman looked down at her wounds before speaking. The memory of what had happened was still quite foggy. "My name is Gina. And if I may ask…what manner of beast are you exactly?" she asked. Kyoko sighed. "I am simply a kitsune servant. And by the clothes you were wearing, I would say that you were a human princess," she replied. Gina then remembered the demon that had tried to rape her. "That demon! Where is he? Did he bring me here?" she demanded.

Kyoko set a folded, black yukata on the bed, smirking a little. "No, child. The lord who brought you here is the one who rescued you," she replied. Gina sighed. I wonder which is the greater of two evils…Kyoko dipped one of the rags in water, and began peeling off one of the bloody bandages. As Kyoko began to wipe the damp rag along the large gashes on Gina's back, Sesshomaru silently entered the room.

Neither of the women noticed him until her cleared his throat. Kyoko looked up, still continuing with the treatment of Gina's terrible wounds. "Ah, Lord Sesshomaru, I see you've picked up the scent of Lday Gina's blood," she said. Gina blushed a bit, feeling shamed by being dressed in only bandages in front of a man, demon or human. Looking up, she looked upon his face. Amber eyes, a purple crescent, and red scars, rimmed by pale skin and silver hair. He scoffed and exited the room, seemingly disgusted with the human he had rescued. She looked down, wincing as Kyoko rubbed herbs into her incredibly sore wounds. Well, at least he certainly looks friendlier…

When Kyoko was done with Gina's new bandages, she handed her the black yukata. Gina gladly accepted, and after some assistance from Kyoko, she stood to dress herself. The dark dress was much lighter than the clothing she was used to, being that it was only one simple layer instead of the ornate clothing of a princess. She figured it was better, since there wouldn't be too much weight on her wounds. When her belt was secure, she fell back onto the large bed.

After shutting the drapes again, Kyoko walked out of the room, almost running into Sesshomaru. "When do you think she'll leave?" he demanded sternly. Kyoko eyed him cynically. "Milord, if I may be blunt, she's human. She requires much more time to recover from such awful wounds," she said blandly. He began to walk away, but stopped. "Keep her in that room. I would appreciate to have only one human loose in my castle."